Gen 6 Triple Para Mega Hera

I had a really interesting team built around Mega Heracross but I can't find a way to make it consistent. Can anyone provide any adjustments or EV spreads to help make it better?

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- U-turn

I decided to use a standard SpDef spread because I didn't know what else to use to survive stray Heat Wave, Fire Blast, Earth Power, etc... Jirachi is used to take care of taunt users/ Ground types not hit by t-wave and for standard flinchax shenanigans. Jirachi is absolutely irreplacable on this team as without it, taunt ruins this team.

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I started with an offensive set but it was simply too frail to paralyze anything bulky like chomp or megas. Hp Ice is used to threaten mons like Chomp, SpDef Gliscor, and Lando, Knock off for bulky walls without consistent recovery and psychic types. And the last two are self-explanatory. I chose Modest to still be an offensive threat in the face of walls.

Serperior (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Glare

Hp Rock is here for Talonflame/Tornadus T, the Mega Charizards, and Weavile/Kyurem Black looking for an easy KO, the other moves are standard. I chose sash over Lefties or Lum to survive Talonflame Brave Bird or stabs from fires and ice types. But Serperior has a lose-lose situation when it comes to it's non-grass stab as with Hp Rock I lose to Ferrothorn, Skarm, Mega Metagross, etc... But with Hp Ground I get walled by Tornadus T, skarm, ferro, etc.. And with Hp Fire I get walled by defensive Heatran, the Charizards, Talonflame, the dragons, etc...

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Roost

I chose Dnite as one of my abusers for defensive utility and for cleaning potential as Extreme Speed beats any priority user trying to pick it off after Multiscale. It has it's issues with fairies and steels but Dnite isn't here to deal with those in the first place. I thought about EQ or outrage for sheer power but stab dragon claw could potentially be the difference between fully sweeping a team and falling just short of taking out Kyurem Black or opposing Dnite.

Heracross-Mega (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Mega Heracross is a very underrated mon for gen 6 but the main problem is it's very lackluster speed for the tier and the common flying coverage in the tier with threats such as Mega Pinsir, Talonflame, Tornadus, and even Skarm. SD is here over Close Combat because Hera needs it to effectively sweep slow bulky mons with high defense such as skarm, Hippo, Bold Clef, etc. I thought about Arm Thrust over Bullet Seed because of stab fighting coverage to take care of uncommon options like cobalion.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Tail Glow

If all else fails but the opponent's team is para'd, Manaphy is almost a guaranteed game ender with a tail-glow up. Manaphy is also here to take care of the steels and fairies that Dnite can't break through. I thought about replacing it with Keldeo but the move restriction on Keldeo having to run scarf or specs led me to choose Manaphy instead.

I can't really think of any major threats that stop this team as long as the right pokes are paralyzed, but if anything comes to mind feel free to bring it up alongside suggestions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)