SS Doubles OU Triple Trouble - SS DOU Triple RMT

Which of the teams in this RMT was your favorite?

• Killer Queen - 024 (Scarf Naganadel Semiroom)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amusia (Dragapult Toxic Spikes)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
Introduction

Hello again! I wanted to make this RMT because I made some changes to some of my older teams after the generation ended to be more suitable for the current meta, as well as a completely new team I've been really enjoying. When the generation ended, Grandmas Cookin made a double RMT which was extremely well written, and I thought doing something similar myself would be pretty cool. I also just really like the SS meta and have honestly been playing it more than current gen right now (SV is fun in moderation but sooooo broken, just don't really feel like putting a ton of energy into it in its current state). Lastly, I just wanted some big Pokémon related stuff to work on, as I'm not doing much else right now. Oki, let's get into it :3 (also the pastes are in the sprites)

Death By Glamour - Sylveon Balance
:xy/sylveon: :xy/landorus: :xy/incineroar: :xy/rillaboom: :xy/porygon2: :xy/urshifu:

I built this team originally during DLT, and I really enjoyed it when I used it. I revisited it after the generation ended and updated it to be more suitable for the current meta, and I enjoy it a lot. This is very much a comfort team for me. I've always gravitated to bulkier, setup-based balance teams, and this team fits that playstyle pretty well. Sylveon is a Pokémon you don't really see that often right now, and I don't think it's an amazing Pokémon, but Hyper Voice is good neutral coverage into a ton of teams, and it pairs really well with a lot of Pokémon I like, such as Landorus and Assault Vest Urshifu. As for the name of this team, I just think Sylveon is very glamorous, it felt fitting at the time.

Teambuilding Process

:sylveon: :landorus: :urshifu:
Ground + Fairy is broken coverage, and Landorus is the best Ground-type in the tier. That was pretty much my thought process. Landorus and Urshifu also have really good offensive synergy, which still applies here even though I'm running a more defensive Urshifu set. Urshifu and Landorus are both really good at spreading damage and removing Steel-types, with Assault Vest Urshifu being particularly good at spreading damage. Sylveon can take advantage of this beautifully, as Steel-types are the main barrier to it setting up and winning, and can struggle to get OHKOs on a lot of things due to not having an offensive boosting item and not much special attack investment.

:sylveon: :landorus: :urshifu: :rillaboom: :incineroar:
Rillaboom and Incineroar generate setup opportunities for Sylveon, with Incineroar further trolling Steel-types like Ferrothorn with Overheat and Rillaboom providing a ton of free recovery with Grassy Terrain recovery in combination with Leftovers. Incineroar + Rillaboom teams generally struggle with Pokémon that punish debuffs like Intimidate such as Zapdos-Galar and Lurantis. Sylveon has positive matchups into both of these Pokémon while justifying the Incineroar and Rillaboom picks by giving the team a strong defensive win condition to support. The team felt good, but I needed a speed control option and all of the Tailwind users felt pretty awkward in the last slot.

:sylveon: :landorus: :urshifu: :rillaboom: :incineroar: :porygon2:
Enter Porygon2. Porygon2 provides speed control in the form of Trick Room as well as yet another strong defensive switch-in to pretty much every attack in the tier. Porygon2 also threatens a ton of Pokémon this team would otherwise struggle with with super effective damage, like Celesteela, Zygarde, and Dragapult. It's a pretty consistent catch-all switch in that can also do pretty decent damage into a lot of teams by threatening so many Pokémon with super effective damage. Its one weakness in Fighting is also taken care of here, with every relevant Fighting-type having a poor matchup into a well-supported Sylveon. Sylveon also enjoys having Trick Room support, as it's quite slow and can't outspeed and OHKO much without speed control. With that, the team is complete. It feels really fluid to use and is pretty well made in my opinion.

:xy/sylveon:
Sylveon
HOPES AND DREAMS (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 72 SpA / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind
- Substitute / Mystical Fire

Sylveon is the star of this team. Spread Pixilate Hyper Voice is a very epic late-game tool, and it being sound-based is actually important in the Dragon Dance Zygarde matchup, because you can hit it through Substitute. It's pure Fairy typing, which is seemingly a downgrade from Tapu Fini, actually works to its benefit here, as it's not weak to Rillaboom and you can run it alongside Urshifu without typestacking. I stole the Sylveon EVs from Grandmas Cookin and have no idea what they do, but they've worked pretty well in the games I played with the team. Mystical Fire is an option over Substitute to improve the Genesect matchup (on Incineroar teams you generally want a second fire move on something anyway because Incineroar is very bad into Genesect), but Substitute feels more consistently useful in my opinion. It is worth considering if your opponent has high Genesect or Ferrothorn usage though. As for the nickname, I really just chose it because I couldn't think of another track that would fit better, and Hopes and Dreams is a banger.

:xy/landorus:
Landorus
JUDGEMENT (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Psychic
- Protect

This set has not changed at all from the original version of this team. Landorus is a great source of immediate damage for this team, and has great synergy with Sylveon as it can remove Heatran and Metagross, two pokemon Sylveon really hates seeing. Ground and Fairy is also just really broken offensively, it hits everything. Speaking of hitting everything, Landorus has extremely good coverage that allows it to improve a ton of matchups for this team (most notably Rillaboom, Urshifu and Amoonguss). I tried to calc a spread for Landorus but it's a rare case where 252/252/4 actually does something. 252 special attack allows you to OHKO Urshifu, and you need the speed for the mirror. you theoretically could run 244 speed to just speed creep mew, but it's really not worth it. The nickname was just chosen because its color palette reminds me of the judgement hall from the game, it's not a reference to anything specific.

:xy/incineroar:
Incineroar
Another Medium (Incineroar) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fake Out
- Overheat
- Toxic

- Parting Shot

Incineroar is probably the member that got the most changes outside of Urshifu. Incineroar is a good support for Sylveon, as most of its checks can be Intimidated, and Overheat cooks Steel-types. I changed the fire move to Overheat to have a better matchup into Iron Defense Ferrothorn, and Toxic is really good into more balanced teams and gives you an out against Pokémon like Tapu Fini and Cresselia if they get set up. Not having Knock Off anymore lets me run a more bulky spread on Incineroar. I kept the Volcanion Steam Eruption benchmark from the dex spread because this team's Volcanion matchup isn't the best, and having a good amount of SpDef on Incineroar is generally nice, with the remaining EVs going to Defense to be as bulky as possible.

:xy/rillaboom:
Rillaboom
Fallen Down (Rillaboom) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 112 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- U-turn

The Rillaboom changes were just made to compensate for the fact that Incineroar no longer has Knock Off. Rillaboom glues the team together by providing terrain control and giving Sylveon an absurd amount of free recovery. The EVs let you live Heatran Eruption and outspeed Modest Celesteela to knock off its Power Herb before it can attack. I chose Fallen Down for the nickname because it looks as though it's been overgrown by plants and vines, which is generally what happens to old buildings (aka ruins) and this song plays when you first fall into the Underground into the ruins.

:xy/porygon2:
Porygon2
CORE (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 72 SpA / 64 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Trick Room

Porygon2 is my favorite member of this team, and is a huge part of why it's as consistent as it is. Porygon2's coverage is so threatening into so many teams that it almost always feels useful. It's insanely bulky, which allows it to act as a defensive switch-in to pretty much every attack in the game that isn't a STAB Close Combat. It also has great synergy with Sylveon, as Sylveon has good matchups into the Fighting-types Porygon2 hates, and Porygon2 can switch into the Steel and Poison-types Sylveon hates. The spread allows you to live +2 Lurantis Superpower, which is actually relevant because this team is pretty weak to Lurantis under Trick Room otherwise. You don't get the OHKO on Zygarde or Dragapult with Ice beam (without Download) anymore, but this team is fine into both of those Pokémon, so it's not a big deal. I couldn't think of a Porygon2 nickname, so I just stole it from zoe's Lurantis team (sorry).

:xy/urshifu:
Urshifu
The Undying (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Urshifu is the member that's undergone the most changes from the original team. Assault Vest Urshifu is EXTREMELY good at trading damage with pretty much everything in the tier. It literally does not die. The only attack I've seen this set get OHKOd by is +1 Necrozma Expanding Force in terrain, which is just about the strongest special attack it could possibly take in this tier. Urshifu also loves Trick Room here, as it pretty much guarantees it gets its damage off. It's slower than most relevant threats and everything slower than it cannot OHKO it. I would have calced a spread for Urshifu, but max max is just better than every spread I came up with. Its nickname is both a reference to Undyne and the fact that it is impossible to OHKO if your name isn't Necrozma or Tapu Lele.

Threats
:tyranitar: + :mew:
Hazard Stack

Incineroar not having Heavy-Duty Boots makes the Hazards matchup a lot harder, especially since it really wants to be able to pivot around on a team like this. It's not unplayable by any means, Urshifu is really good into Hazard Stack teams and Incineroar still has extremely valuable tools into Hazard Stack with Toxic, but it's definitely one of the harder matchups for this team

:lurantis:
Lurantis

This team relies pretty heavily on Incineroar for pivoting and debuffs, and Lurantis shuts that down with Contrary turning Intimidate against Incineroar. Once again, not unwinnable, Sylveon, Porygon2 and Urshifu are all capable of taking hits and threatening good damage back, but you definitely have to play a lot more carefully into Lurantis teams.

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1738753882-3se9h5g3coo90h8p2wrc8e72uracw99pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1755557040
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1776658254-dy90giutmekjcdwt3is94r43i38zmbfpw

Killer Queen - Scarf Naganadel Semiroom
:xy/spectrier: :xy/rillaboom: :xy/diancie: :xy/scrafty: :xy/volcanion: :xy/naganadel:

Unlike the other two teams in this post, this isn't a revised version of an old team. I actually built this pretty recently because I wanted to try out Snarl + Will-o-Wisp Spectrier. I didn't plan on using the team seriously, but it ended up doing really well in test games, and it's just generally a really fun team. For the name, it's the song I was listening to while I built the team. Hotline 024 has an insanely good soundtrack, and Killer Queen is one of my favorite songs from said soundtrack (I'm a JJBA fan).

Teambuilding Process

:spectrier: :diancie:
When looking for Spectrier partners, my mind immediately went to Diancie. Diancie is good into a lot of the things Spectrier is weak to, and vise versa. Spectrier hates Dark-types like Incineroar and Tyranitar, which Body Press Diancie has a good matchup into, and Diancie struggles with Urshifu and Steel-types like Metagross, Genesect, and Celesteela. Spectier can use Snarl and Will-o-Wisp to debuff these pokemon so Diancie can set Trick Room more safely.

:spectrier: :diancie: :rillaboom: :volcanion:
Rillaboom and Volcanion were added to round out the Trick Room mode of the team. Volcanion works well with Diancie inside of Trick Room, but it also doesn't need it to function and can work as a solid defensive piece outside of Trick Room while doing good damage to everything. I doubt I need to explain what Rillaboom does at this point, it's an extremely good glue mon that's a staple on semiroom teams.

:spectrier: :diancie: :rillaboom: :volcanion: :scrafty: :naganadel:
Now this is where things get kinda weird. Scrafty may seem like an unconventional pick, but I think it fits very well here. One of the most important parts of making a consistent semiroom team is having a good Stakataka matchup, which Scrafty is really good at enabling. Intimidate and STAB Close Combat makes Stakataka a lot easier to deal with, and Assault Vest Scrafty does really well into Landorus as well. Semiroom particularly hates the uptick of Tyranitar hazard stack in this meta, and Scrafty helps with that too, as Knock off is extremely spammable into those types of balance teams and it OHKOs Tyranitar with Close Combat. Scarf Naganadel is another weird pick that works surprisingly well. One thing that's always bothered me about semiroom teams is that they generally have a subpar matchup into Pheromosa. Scarf Naganadel helps you beat Pheromosa offensively along with Diancie and Spectrier beating it defensively, and adds a lot to the fast mode of the team because it's a blazingly fast pivot that can snowball with SpA Beast Boost.

:xy/spectrier:
Spectrier
Deep Poems (Spectrier) @ Throat Spray
Ability: Grim Neigh
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Snarl
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

This was a Grassy Seed Spectrier for the longest time, but I changed it to Throat Spray because it gives the team a better Celesteela matchup and lets Spectrier function as not only a debuffer, but an actual win condition against a lot of slower teams. Snarl + Will-o-Wisp Spectrier feels really good, being able to Snarl before Landorus and Naganadel can attack is a huge boon over the Mew set, and Spectrier can actually end up being a late-game win condition into some teams because of how good Ghost is offensively. The EVs let you outspeed Timid Naganadel with the remaining EVs going to HP. I named it Deep Poems because Spectrier just looks like it would enjoy poetry.

Rillaboom
FANDOMANIA (Rillaboom) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn

It's Rillaboom. You already know what Rillaboom does. I ran Wood Hammer for the 4th move here because I didn't need Knock Off and Wood Hammer is good in the Rain matchup and is just generally a very powerful neutral attack to throw out. There's no real connection between Rillaboom and the song I named it after, I just think it's a really fun track that feels really nostalgic (there are a lot of samples and references to Undertale fandom content, hence the name) and weirdly comforting to me. I feel similarly about SS as a whole. I feel a level of comfort in how balanced and easy to understand SS is, and Rillaboom and SS DOU are pretty much synonymous.

:xy/diancie:
Diancie
Sugarcrush (Diancie) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 Def
Sassy Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Body Press
- Trick Room
- Protect

Diancie synergizes really well with the fast mode of this team. Diancie is an extremely strong win condition under Trick Room, and is pretty well supported with double Fake Out and Spectier's debuffing, making it a pretty solid late-game win condition. Body Press was chosen over Moonblast to improve the Heatran matchup. The EVs allow it to OHKO Heatran with +2 Body Press and 2hko at neutral. Sugarcrush is a really fun track, and Diancie's crystals sort of remind me of pink sugar crystals.

:xy/scrafty:
Scrafty
smokebomb (Scrafty) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Scrafty is a surprisingly solid defensive piece that adds a lot to this team. As mentioned in the previous section, Scrafty's typing and Intimidate ability allow it to ease matchups that semiroom otherwise struggles with, like Stakataka and Tyranitar. It also provides a second Fake Out user to give Diancie more opportunities to safely set Trick Room, and Ice Punch is good into Zygarde and Landorus. There is once again very little connection between Scrafty and what I named it, it was just the best fit out of the entire OST.

:xy/volcanion:
Volcanion
EXPURGATED (Volcanion) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Protect

Volcanion is a staple on semiroom builds. Its typing is amazing both offensively and defensively, and it works well in and out of Trick Room. It's honestly just one of the best Pokémon in the tier in general, and it fits here pretty well. Shuca Berry makes the Landorus and Zygarde matchups easier, and is generally one of the more consistent Volcanion items in my opinion. Earth Power is mostly for the mirror, but is also good into Stakataka and Naganadel. I also don't have much of a reason for this nickname, but Expurgated is one of my favorite songs from this soundtrack.

:xy/naganadel:
Naganadel
Extraterrestrial (Naganadel) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Naganadel is probably my favorite member of this team. Scarf Naganadel is just straight up faster than everything, and still does good damage. It gives the team a fast pivot and acts as immediate speed in situations where you can't set Trick Room up. It also has snowball potential with Beast Boosts. Timid can be used to outspeed things like Kingdra in rain and Regieleki, but getting Speed boosts from Beast Boost is very bad and basically useless on Choice Scarf Naganadel. As for the name, Naganadel is an alien, so this one actually fits really well!

Threats

:kingdra: :politoed:
Rain

Without Timid Naganadel, nothing is faster than Kingdra and this team has a really hard time removing rain's speed advantage, as Diancie struggles to find opportunities to set Trick Room. The combination of Snarl + Will-o-Wisp Spectrier, Wood Hammer Rillaboom, and Volcanion makes the matchup playable, but Timid Naganadel is recommended if your opponent has a history of bringing rain

:tsareena:
Tsareena

Tsareena's ability to block priority is annoying for this team, but Assault Vest Tsareena is also just really hard for this team to remove and threatens super effective damage on a ton of things. Tsareena is also most common on rain, which this team already struggles with. Will-o-Wisp Spectrier and Scrafty allow you to nullify it's damage output though, and it's ability isn't the hardest thing to play around.

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1768810024
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1755566155

Amusia - Hex Dragapult Toxic Spikes
:xy/mew: :xy/incineroar: :xy/rillaboom: :xy/dragapult: :xy/urshifu: :xy/celesteela:

I built this team pretty close to the end of the generation. It was a pretty standard Toxic Spikes team, and I thought it was fine, but didn't really enjoy Toxic Spikes as an archetype. I left the team alone until it was used in Invitationals my Meminger21. I thought the changes they made to the team were pretty cool, so I remade the team with those changes along with a few of my own. The things I changed were relatively minimal, but it made the team feel a lot better to play as a result. For the name, it was just the song I was listening to while I was building the team. Amusia is a really interesting track, because it starts out emulating the feel of Pokémon battle themes, but builds into it's own song overtime. That's sort of what this team is. It started as an attempt at emulating Nails' building style of using bulky teams in combination with hazards damage to win endgames with strong priority attacks/fast attackers/bulky defensive wincons, but turned into it's own thing overtime.

Teambuilding Process

:mew: :dragapult:
Toxic Spikes enables Dragapult to run Hex over Shadow Ball, which is as strong as Draco Meteor with significantly fewer switch ins. Not much synergy outside of that, I just thought Hex Dragapult was cool and wanted to use Toxic Spikes anyway.

:mew: :dragapult: :urshifu: :celesteela:
Assault Vest Urshifu is really good at getting damage off into things to weaken them, which Dragapult appreciates. So far I had a Toxic Spikes user with speed control options and Assault Vest Urshifu and Dragapult which are great at spreading damage. Celesteela is a great defensive win condition with Meteor Beam, but has trouble getting OHKOs due to its low special attack and is pretty slow. Toxic Spikes and Assault Vest Urshifu get damage on things to help it actually get KOs to boost itself, and Mew has Tailwind to counteract its mediocre speed stat

:mew: :dragapult: :urshifu: :celesteela: :incineroar: :rillaboom:
I highly doubt I need to explain what Rillaboom and Incineroar do at this point. They were added for support to help Celesteela actually sweep through teams, and glue the team together very well. Between these two and Urshifu and Celesteela being so bulky, you have the option to just Fake Out cycle and wait for things to die to Toxic Spikes, while using Dragapult to force pins and KOs with Hex.

:xy/mew:
Mew
Mew @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 92 HP / 164 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Super Fang
- Psychic
- Tailwind

This is a Toxic Spikes team, and Mew is the only Toxic Spikes user that doesn't suck. Mew being able to set up Toxic Spikes allows this team to more easily break through bulkier balance teams, and powers up Dragapult's Hex. It's also a solid defensive switch-in to a lot of things that can snipe Urshifu with Psychic and provide speed control with Tailwind. I struggled with the last move a lot, I just threw on Fake Out originally but Meminger used Super Fang on their version, and I thought it was pretty cool for forcing progress on Steel-types and removing threats more easily, so I decided to use it too.

:xy/incineroar:
Incineroar
Incineroar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 224 HP / 68 Atk / 176 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Incineroar does Incineroar things. Incineroar is really good at debuffing and acting as a defensive pivot while you rack up damage with Toxic chip, and Flare Blitz hits Steel-types that would otherwise be immune to Toxic Spikes. Knock Off is also nice to remove Heavy-Duty Boots from opposing Incineroar. The EVs allow you to outspeed Landorus in Tailwind and live Volcanion's Steam Eruption.

Rillaboom
Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn

Rillaboom does Rillaboom things. Wood Hammer was chosen because it's a really good move to click into rain, and a nice nuke to remove most neutral targets, especially when combined with Super Fang from Mew. Grassy Terrain giving all of our Pokémon recovery while the opposing team slowly dies is also pretty nice. I was originally running the dex spread for RIllaboom here, but the dex spread is ass so I just ran max attack to actually to damage.

:xy/dragapult:
Dragapult
Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hex
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn

Dragapult is a really good late-game cleaner on this team. Hex is an extremely strong and spammable neutral attack, and U-Turn allows it to act as a pivot while chipping things down until it can win with Hex. Infiltrator is also surprisingly important here, as it lets you kill Landorus and Zygarde through Substitute. Hydro Pump is another change that Meminger used on their version, and I decided to use it too while running Flamethrower (The original 4th move) on Celesteela instead for a better Genesect matchup.

:xy/urshifu:
Urshifu
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Assault Vest
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Surging Strikes
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Another Assault Vest Urshifu! This Pokémon is insanely good, I'm so glad this set was discovered. Assault Vest Urshifu is a really good check to so many things and is generally just really good at getting damage off into all non-psyspam teams. It's really good at chipping things down for Celesteela and Dragapult, and also has U-Turn to form a strong pivot core with Incineroar and Rillaboom. I originally has a spread for Urshifu that let it outspeed Heatran and OHKO Incineroar and Diancie with Surging Strikes, but then I realized you don't need to do any of that and can just run max SpDef and live every hit ever.

:xy/celesteela:
Celesteela
Celesteela @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Celesteela is another win condition for this team. Meteor Beam Celesteela fell off for a bit, but I think it's pretty good right now. It has the most snowball potential out of any Pokémon in the tier other than Nihilego, and is also extremely useful defensively, as Steel/Flying is an amazing typing. Celesteela is supported very well here, with lots of disruption and several ways to help it pick up KOs. Celesteela originally had Air Slash, but I changed it to Flamethrower for a better Genesect matchup and for more options into opposing Celesteela. Being able to hit Steel-types in general is just good on a team like this.

Threats
:necrozma: :tapu lele:
Psyspam

This team relies very heavily on Fake Out cycling, so teams that prevent you from doing that are obviously going to be tough. Pheromosa is also pretty hard to deal with with Psychic Terrain support, as it's faster than everything and Assault Vest Urshifu, this team's main switch-in to it, is weak to Psychic. The Trick Room Necrozma variant is also a problem for this team, as it's pretty hard to prevent it from setting up Trick Room if played well.

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8doublesou-666011 (Invitationals game, not my replay)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1756369095

Conclusion + Recap

And that's it! These are three of my favorite teams for SS, and they showcase the interesting builds you can come up with by emulating the building styles of strong players. For those of you who don't know, I'm an artist (whether or not I'm a good artist is an entirely different discussion), and one of the most popular art tips given to beginners is to take the things you like about your favorite artists' art styles, and combine those traits to make something unique. A similar logic can be applied to teambuilding in competitive pokemon. Each of these teams are built based on the building styles of players I respect. The Sylveon team takes a lot of inspirsation from SMB (Specifically his Lurantis sample team), putting emphasis on the synergy between certain Pokémon to support a defensive win condition, while using unconventional sets/techs to patch any potential weaknesses. The Scarf Naganadel team takes more inspiration from Actuarily's building style by taking an unconventional set/pokemon and using a solid backbone that makes use of the Pokémon's strengths while covering it's weaknesses (also high Scrafty usage). The Toxic Spikes Dragapult team is based on teams Nails uses, using a strong defensive backbone to pivot around the opponent's threats to allow strong offensive/defensive win conditions to close out the game by picking off targets weakened by the chip from hazards. Even though all of these teams take inspiration from those players, all of the teams (at least in my opinion) feel unique to me and my playstyle. SS DOU is one of my favorite competitive pokemon tiers. It was my first generation playing Smogon Doubles, and it turned into an extremely balanced metagame with a ton of different viable options. The amount of balance teams specifically gives the tier a very chess-like feeling, which I'm personally very fond of. It's not perfect, but I think it's really fun regardless, and it will always hold a special place in my heart. If you've made it all the way to the end, thank you so much for reading all of this, and I'll see you for my inevitable next SS DOU RMT. Have a damn good day :D!​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)