ORAS OU Tripple Weather Is Stronk [Peaked #1]

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Tripple Weather Is Stronk

Introduction

Hello everyone Bluwing here, if u guys don't know who i am ill tell real quick about myself. Im an OU moderator on PS! and also an OU tutor in the b101 section. So basically i just started laddering on ps which ive never really cared to do before, but i found out that it was loads off fun and frustrating as hell so i just went with it huehue. Managed to peak #1 rather fast which is why im just gonna throw out this team too you guys as it's a very good team too ladder with.

This how i basically started the team, with zard y + slowbro rain wasn't really a big issue due too zard-y's sun tho tyranitar and exca are both water weak this core seemed too deal with the majority off the meta pretty well.

So this is how the team looked finished at first, this team did okay, but seemed too struggle a lot against stall tho i was running a stall breaker gengar set. This version off the team was also pretty weak too bisharp and m-scizor, especially if rocks were up.

The second version off the team, tho this was a much better version off the team as the team handled both -scizor and bisharp much better and seemed kinda finished at this point, i did notice that gengar didn't really do much for the team and as i already had stallbreaker manaphy gengar felt rather redundant on the team.

Finally the team was finished! This version is the final and best form off them all, changing gengar for breloom gave me prority, azumarill check in case off belly drum, another bisharp and exadrill check as well as another wallbreaker which was a blessing for the team.

.:Team At A Glance!:.

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar is the first weather setter which supports excadrill for a potential sweep. Tyranitar is also rocker off the team which is a must for any competitive singles team, it's also the main charizard y/x check while also being the teams pursuit trapper which helps breloom and charizard y going havoc on the opposing team. It's also the main gengar check on the team hence the chople berry as an item, chople berry is also highly usefull against any pokemon sporting an fighting move which tyranitar can ko back. Ice Beam is there for hitting chompers and landorus-t's helping a potential exca sweep, Stone Edge is tyranitar's strongest stab and helps it beat the strong flying types roaming the tier.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Rain Dance

Manaphy is the stallbreaker on this team, and being excellent at that. It's also the main keldeo check while also being the main water check in general. The calm mind set is used on this team just because off how efficient it is at beating stall teams, but also because i need a lot off bulk on this manaphy or else strong water types can potentially easely run through this team. Running rest + rain dance + calm mind makes manaphy a force too be reckoned with, scald is obviously stab while having the 30% chance too burn and help up a potential sweep. 0 IVs is there only too take as less damage from confusion as possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave

Clefable is the teams main sponge, it's basically here too take hits recover, thunder wave shit, take more hits and repeat. Clefable is also the second calm minder on this team, reason for this is i don't any off the team members on the team being passive at all, i want every single mon being able too do some damage, and as we all know is there a clefable there is a way. Moonblast is stab and sports nice coverage in itself only, calm mind is obviously there for making clefable more threatening and maby sport a sweep. Softboiled and thunder wave are both there for just support and making clefable that much more annoying too face. Also again 0 atk ev's too minimize confusion damage.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill is the teams main sweeper and offense check due too it's insane power and amazing ability doubling it's speed under sand. It's also not only a sweeper, but also a check too dangerous pokemon like m-altaria, charizard-x, talonflame, pinsir, thundurus, the list goes on. It's moveset is super standard, earthquake + iron head is there for dual stab and hits the majority off the meta while rock slide being there for flying pokemon and some levitaters resisting it's dual stab's while also gaining the ever so famous edgeuake combo. Excadrill is also the spinner off the team, keeping charizard-y healthy throughout the game.

Breloom @ Life Orb

Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch

Breloom is the second wallbreaker on the team, also being excellent at that. It's also the teams main late game check too stuff like bisharp and excadrill with it's super strong mach punch and also being the best check too belly drum azumarill on the team. Focus Punch + Spore is an extremely effective combo breaking through tons off defensive cores, bullet seed being there for second stab and also being extremely strong hence it being adamant nature and finishing it all off with mach punch making up for breloom's rather poor speed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Charizard-Y the main wallbreaker and MVP off the team, this is the pokemon the team revolves around helping this monster wallbreak and just cause havoc in general. I chose this pokemon as it's extremely threatening in the current metagame and has only a handfull off checks. The set is super standard revolving around the fire, fighting and grass coverage were all off them sports higher than 100 base power which is extremely solid for such a strong pokemon. Roost is there for longivity and helps it stick around longer too fry some pokemon. 0 IVs again is as i said too minimize confusion damage.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading guys, and be sure to test it out or come with constructive rates, thanks all and have a nice day!

shoutout to Alkov , you da real MVP

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Rain Dance

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Last edited:
I mean, you peaked at number 1 with this team so I'm not sure if there's going to be too many suggestions tbh. Really well built team, I'm finding it hard to find any weaknesses.

One thing I noticed, your team is sort of weak to Serperior. It beats Manaphy (no ice beam), it almost OHKO's. It beats Excadrill unless it's in sand, but even then none of Exca's moves OhKo, and unboosted leaf storm does 75-99. It also two hit ko's Clef. It is immune to Brelooms spore and can 2HKo it with HP fire. Your only resist would be Charizard Y, which resists all of Serpeiors moves.

Also, this is my first ever rate, so I could be wrong. Maybe other people can approve or disprove me. I just commented because I immediately noticed a Serp weakness and also no one has commented yet.

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How about tail glow on manaphy?
That would just worsen the team's matchup v.s. Offensive waters because of the decrease in bulk both pre and post set-up.

All in all this is a very solid team. Have you considered running Black Belt over LO on Breloom? It allows it to bluff sash while boosting the two moves that Breloom will be using the most (Focus Punch and Mach Punch) while not missing out on any KOs with Bullet Seed iirc due to you using Adamant, and it is also kinda helpful for Loom's longevity because it does need to be able to use its typing to eat a hit every now and again, which is compounded by LO recoil. Its just a thought to considet.

Mur

If you're not first you're last
no dodrio 2/10 ;]

jk great team bro :D

I don't think there's much to be changed other than what gamer boy suggested. Fist plate/black belt can be beneficial in bluffing sash while also avoiding the loss of hp from life orb which may or may not prove to be more useful than the extra damage life orb provides. A well played keldeo and serp can indeed be annoying but you have ways of maneuvering around them and I don't think there's a way of fixing this without opening up a hole for something else(basically the entire building process all over again up until this point lol).

Nice team, I haven't used zard y in awhile so I might steal this ;]

Hey dude nice looking team you got there. So the first thing I notice is how weak your team is to typical balance breakers such as M-Gardevoir, TG Manaphy, M-Charizard-Y, Keldeo, SD Breloom, and so on. The team's aim here is to break down bulky ground-types in order to pave the way for Excadrill, so the changes im gonna suggest will keep that in mind and help your team overall!

>
My first change would be Latios over Clefable. Clefable is usually used to check the likes of Kyurem-B, something that your team is pretty well insured against, and to provide a potential win condition for the team. Adding Latios removes huge pressure off the team as it provides some sort of speed control to the pokemon that the team is currently weak to such as Keldeo, M-Charizard-Y, and TG Manaphy. Clefable only worsened this and I think Latios would be a great addition here. You could opt to go for a CM+2 attacks set or a standard Defog set which gives you the liberty to run an SD Excadrill set.

>
My second change would be Keldeo over Manaphy. The removal of Clefable made you a tad weaker to Weavile, but the team struggles vs Bisharp and Hoopa-U regardless. The addition of Latios gave the team a nice water resist, so I think Keldeo would complement the team pretty well and round it off nicely, forming a fearsome core with Breloom and CM Latios/SD Excadrill.

Sets:
Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Hope I helped, nice team

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
thx for the rate guys :)

mur & gamer boy: fist plate breloom or life orb breloom on this team all comes down too preference, wether u want more power or longivity ill slash that in too the team. when it comes too serperior and keldeo, i can pressure both through the usage off sun and sand, while also having manaphy + clefable as blanket checks they are more than managle too play around.

analytic: changing clefable + manaphy for latios & keldeo would just destroy my team totally, reason for this is that i will simply have no diancie and metagross switchin, i will also have no way off beating stall without imense trade off mind games which i do not want too go through while laddering. also every threat u mentioned i can play around with simply switching, smart playing or simply because i run certain items made to defeat these threats, hence the chople on ttar for example beat both hoopa-u and zard-y. keldeo is pressured by sun, while also having three blanket checks for it being clefable, manaphy and breloom where the first two are very solid checks under sun. breloom can be revenged by my own breloom or zard-y can simply ohko it, m-gardevoir is a threat to any bulky offense team, but i can simply play around it or twave it if my opponent isn't playing it patient enough, zard-y also speed ties in worst case. manaphy speed ties with zard-y at worst, clefable can wear it down to were exca just ko's it with quake. my point is even tho a team always has weaknesses, thus always being mostly strong pokemon, being aware off them is always good, which then u can just tweak ur team too being able too play around them, this is important when doing a team rate too analytic, tho i know u have the tr badge i don't think this rate was very good because u didn't take those details into consideration. ofc im not trying too push ur down in any way at all, but i felt this rate was rather just based on looking on the mons and just went from there.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)