.ts files when expecting .js files for personal server

Hi all, hope this is ok to post, and also hopefully not too difficult an answer.
I've been trying to get a localhost server set up for myself. All is fine, hosting it locally is working perfectly, so that means the download from github must be fine. My issue is about trying to edit the data files for it all. I was expecting to see a bunch of .js files which I can just edit the text of to change the data, but opened it all up to find them as .ts files.
The question itself is three-pronged:
1. Should it be like this / should I keep it as is?
2. If not, how can I convert it correctly?
3. If so, how can I edit those .ts files similarly to how I'd want to change a .js file?

To expand on 3. slightly more, I was hoping to just be able to open up, say, moves.js, and nice and simple go over to Tackle and change "50" for its base power to "60" (for arguments sake). Instead, I've got a .ts file sitting there which just wants to be opened up in Windows Media Player, which of course won't allow me to edit any of the data.

Big thanks to anyone who can shed some light for me!

Mia

We face the heat as we are fighting until the dawn
is a Programmeris a Battle Simulator Moderator
1. Should it be like this / should I keep it as is?
Yes, it should be like this. Yes, keep it as is - we use TypeScript (.ts) for the codebase.
3. If so, how can I edit those .ts files similarly to how I'd want to change a .js file?
It's basically exactly the same - TypeScript is just strictly typed JavaScript. Just open it in a text editor.
In the future, please post in the Simple Questions thread for this sort of issue.
Have a nice day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)