SPOILERS! [Crown Tundra!] List of Movepool Changes

I can see why, given that Light Ball Partner Pikachu would possibly be competitive with Zekrom as an offensive Electric type.

Then again, it's the series mascot -- would it really be that bad?
They would make it not be able to evolve, similar to Gigantamax Meowth, so a Light Ball or Eviolite wouldn't work

ALL new TMs/TRs for every single Pokémon!!!! Level-Up and Egg Moves scrubbed
TRs:
  1. - [TR00] Swords Dance
  2. - [TR01] Body Slam
  3. - [TR02] Flamethrower
  4. - [TR04] Surf
  5. - [TR10] Earthquake
  6. - [TR15] Fire Blast
  7. - [TR20] Substitute
  8. - [TR24] Outrage
  9. - [TR26] Endure
  10. - [TR27] Sleep Talk
  11. - [TR31] Iron Tail
  12. - [TR32] Crunch
  13. - [TR47] Dragon Claw
  14. - [TR57] Poison Jab
  15. - [TR62] Dragon Pulse
  16. - [TR67] Earth Power
  17. - [TR74] Iron Head
  18. - [TR75] Stone Edge
  19. - [TR76] Stealth Rock

*sad violin music plays*

Another thing of interest I noted is that Tapu Koko now gets Play Rough (as well as all the other Tapus) and Close Combat. No physical Electric move that outclasses Wild Charge, though.

Tapu Bulu also gets those two moves, as well as High Horsepower so it can bypass its own Grassy Terrain and use a Ground-type move that doesn't suck.

And Azumarill has access to the Whirlpool TM, not forcing you to bring one all the way from GSC to get a legal Sap Sipper/Whirlpool/Perish Song Azumarill.

(Also, as expected, Skarmory gets Body Press)

Last edited:
At least with joy of all smogonites, Lando didn't get a flying stab better than Fly itself :>

Out of curiosity I went checking Tapus..

Fini got Draining Kiss, which actually gives it recovery at last. Might actually become a solid Calm Minder. Maybe.

Bulu actually got a moveset now
- [TR53] Close Combat - [TR69] Zen Headbutt - [TR75] Stone Edge - [TR90] Play Rough - [TR93] Darkest Lariat - [TR94] High Horsepower

Lele surprisingly did NOT get Mystical fire, rip in Hidden Fire and walled by steel types forever.

And Koko gained both Play Rough and Close Combat, actually making it have a solid phisical moveset to use his higher Atk stat.

Last edited:
A lot of changes to say the least.

Cresselia gained stored power+cosmic power.
Suicune can now run whirpool with pressure. Raikou as someone else said, and entei well got nothing notable.
Nasty plot Tornadus.
Deoxys can now get nasty plot easier in game through TR as this was originally an event move only.
Slowbro got nasty plot and a few other notable special moves. Alakazam got NP as well.
Stored power Magearna..

I decided on the horrible journey of going through every "new" pokemon (MISTAKE MISTAKE MISTAKE) to check our their tutor moves and I saw that Fearow gets Pay Day now.
I highlight this because despite the only time Fearow has ever learned Pay Day before was an obscure Japanese only Gen 1 event, a Stamp Rally. I just thought that was cute.

I decided on the horrible journey of going through every "new" pokemon (MISTAKE MISTAKE MISTAKE) to check our their tutor moves and I saw that Fearow gets Pay Day now.
I highlight this because despite the only time Fearow has ever learned Pay Day before was an obscure Japanese only Gen 1 event, a Stamp Rally. I just thought that was cute.
I am honestly hoping that (seeing some of the formerly event moves are present in TR, see Hurricane Lugia or Aura Sphere Raikou), we might finally have Event moves "canonized".

My Eruption Heatran senses are tingling...

Guess it's early to know, but 6 months pass quickly o.o

Xerneas gets access to Play Rough, making a physical set on it not totally ridiculous. They have once again, mercifully, chosen not to give it Earth Power.

Groudon gets Heat Crash, which could be interesting if Primal Groudon ever makes a return and might still be good otherwise?

Body Press's confusing distribution continues, with Dialga and Palkia getting it but Giratina (which could actually make good use of it) not doing so.

Genesect now gets Blaze Kick outside of events.

Random Things I'm seeing because theres just so much to look at.

Nasty Plot Alakazam
Nasty Plot Slowbro
Wild Charge Chansey and Blissey (WTF???)
Dragon Dance Aerodactyl (No Brave Bird....)
Hurricane Zapdos
Hurricane Crobat (for nasty plot sets)
Dragon Dance Sceptile
Close Combat Blaziken
Body Press Aggron
Close Combat Sharpedo
Body Press Regirock (Thats gonna hurt)
Heat Crash Groudon
Close Combat/Play Rough Lopunny (RIP Mega)

This was just a quick look through. My mistake if some of these already got what I noted.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Same reason as they didn't give the being whose special move draws power from the earth Earth Power -- they're well aware that lacking the move is the only thing keeping the Pokemon in check.
They still gave it to Kyurem(-Black) and Necrozma(-DM) but I guess they're legendaries. :blobshrug:

Yeah, honestly, I consider Kyurem-B getting it to be a fix -- Kyurem-B is supposed to be balanced for ubers usage, not OU.

Necrozma is just a bit bizarre. It's probably a reference to its true form as a dragon, but that form doesn't exist in this game. It already had SD and Rock Polish, so it's not as much of a buff.

Magnezone gets Body Press
Volcanion gets Heat Crash and Body Press
Carbink gets Body Press
Diancie gets Body Press, Stored Power, and Mystical Fire
Tyrantrum gets Close Combat, Rock Blast, Body Slam, and Breaking Swipe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)