SPOILERS! [Crown Tundra!] List of Movepool Changes

Between 5th and 6th gen I helped Serebii write a couple articles on his site. Basically I'll just say that he does a ridiculous amount of work to get all that info up as quickly as possible. Mistakes happen, but if you message him he's usually very quick in fixing issues. Early in a new gen or game he's more concerned about getting as much info as quickly as possible though even if a few errors occur. He's getting millions of page hits right now, it just makes sense financially to focus on him getting all the info up with 99% accuracy.

But if you're looking for the exact game mechanics from a competitive standpoint, you're best off asking on research threads on Smogon and, like 6 months from now, Bulbapedia. Probably Showdown will be very accurate within a few weeks. But as far as research on stuff like this we're better off doing it ourselves.
How does that even happen? like getting word for word defog descriptions?

Between 5th and 6th gen I helped Serebii write a couple articles on his site. Basically I'll just say that he does a ridiculous amount of work to get all that info up as quickly as possible. Mistakes happen, but if you message him he's usually very quick in fixing issues. Early in a new gen or game he's more concerned about getting as much info as quickly as possible though even if a few errors occur. He's getting millions of page hits right now, it just makes sense financially to focus on him getting all the info up with 99% accuracy.
I messaged him about the errors with Shell Side and Grassy Glide when the moves were first revealed. Took him at least two weeks to fix them.

I guess I'm just annoyed that people suck the site's dick pretty frequently.

btw, is there any confirmation if older abilities have changed in the DLC, such as Gale Wings?
Also, how does Quick Draw interact while holding Quick Claw?

I messaged him about the errors with Shell Side and Grassy Glide when the moves were first revealed. Took him at least two weeks to fix them.

I guess I'm just annoyed that people suck the site's dick pretty frequently.
It loads quickly, and has all the data in easily accessed locations. Bulbapedia is just AIDS with all the advertisements especially on mobile. It also loads slowly and has a lot of "fluff" if you're looking for competitive stats. Smogon is good usually but doesn't really tell you which game Pokemon get moves from nor does it really help with move legality especially if the goal is breeding in-game.

I'm just saying the website is how he makes his living. His goal is to keep the car moving, not necessarily being 0% fuel emissions. If you're looking for info on ALL things Pokemon it's clearly the #1 place. Yes he has some vague specific gameplay errors but that's like zooming in on Somalia and saying Earth is a shitty place to live. You're looking at it from a competitive standpoint which is Serebii's weakness by far, but that's only like 2% of the whole Pokemon package.

tl;dr I'm balls deep in 190 proof Everclear and not really in a place to judge a guy who makes his living playing Pokemon. Most of us do it for free like fools lolol.

Speaking of learnsets, here's the complete list of what mons learn the new moves: (with a bit of comentary)
[cropped]
Looked over this whole list to compare to mine (which pulls from SciresM's datamine) and the only issue I could find was Expanding Force not being listed as learnable by Exeggcute and Exeggutor-A on the original datamine

You're looking at it from a competitive standpoint
I'm looking at it from a "uses blatantly wrong filler info instead of just saying 'idk' and forces you to wade through lists of menu options each a mile long instead of having a functional search bar" standpoint.

Ema Skye

Work!
I'm looking at it from a "uses blatantly wrong filler info instead of just saying 'idk' and forces you to wade through lists of menu options each a mile long instead of having a functional search bar" standpoint.
Disclaimer right at the top of the post: "This update will be amended throughout the day so be sure to check back"

Pretty much indicates all of the new release stuff is a WIP, which is why it "will be amended throughout the day". Expect it to get more accurate as it gets amended, which is the whole point of 'amending' something.

Then go to a different website. Not sure if you noticed but neither Bulbapedia nor Smogon has detailed info about egg moves, tutors, or cross gen move compatibility. If you find a mistake PM him or his staff but I think it's clear that articles about a game released literally 12 hours ago are bound to have the occasional mistake.

Also what are you talking about, Google "Serebii (Pokemon) and click the first link. If it brings you to the wrong generation click the right generation literally at the top of the screen. Serebii is the last place you should bet your life on the accuracy of the info but it's the quickest updated, and most broad in terms of content.

If you know of a website that updates faster and with more general Pokemon info please let me know, I'd be happy to switch.

Also on topic of competitive Pokemon anyone else all hard over Rillaboom getting a 91 base power STAB priority move? It might actually be the strongest priority move in the game. 1% stronger than Talonflame's Brave Bird.

Then go to a different website. Not sure if you noticed but neither Bulbapedia nor Smogon has detailed info about egg moves, tutors, or cross gen move compatibility. If you find a mistake PM him or his staff but I think it's clear that articles about a game released literally 12 hours ago are bound to have the occasional mistake.

Also what are you talking about, Google "Serebii (Pokemon) and click the first link. If it brings you to the wrong generation click the right generation literally at the top of the screen. Serebii is the last place you should bet your life on the accuracy of the info but it's the quickest updated, and most broad in terms of content.

If you know of a website that updates faster and with more general Pokemon info please let me know, I'd be happy to switch.

Also on topic of competitive Pokemon anyone else all hard over Rillaboom getting a 91 base power STAB priority move? It might actually be the strongest priority move in the game. 1% stronger than Talonflame's Brave Bird.
You're forgetting First Impression from a Durant

Looked over this whole list to compare to mine (which pulls from SciresM's datamine) and the only issue I could find was Expanding Force not being listed as learnable by Exeggcute and Exeggutor-A on the original datamine
Which source do you use? I used this, but maybe it was an inaccurate one?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Not sure if I'm more excited about Ground-type Scald, or Water-type U-turn. Or Scale Shot being this really weird boosting move that potentially gets you to +3 Spe / -3 Def fairly often.

Scale Shot only gives you +1 Speed, -1 Defense regardless of how many times it hits. It doesn't stack with each hit
That's what I gathered. However, what I want to know is whether the -1 Def is part of a secondary effect (would it be nullified by Sheer Force) or if the +1 Spe is not a secondary effect. (I'm thinking about metagames already)

That's what I gathered. However, what I want to know is whether the -1 Def is part of a secondary effect (would it be nullified by Sheer Force) or if the +1 Spe is not a secondary effect. (I'm thinking metagames)
Well it would be a guaranteed secondary effect, so I assume Sheer Force would negate the Defense drop

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So the new moves are mostly trash, got it.
I mean, as a percentage yes, but it's still Ground-type Scald, Water-type U-turn, and situational grass Extremespeed. Most of the moves are passable on a specific mon, like Dual Wingbeat Scyther/Scizor. Poltergeist is actually decent physical Ghost STAB, though it doesn't play well with Knock Off and Corrosive Gas.

Oh, and I guess NatDex just got Terrain Pulse Mega Blastoise. There have been worse additions for broader distribution.

So the new moves are mostly trash, got it.
Most of these are made with direct ties to vgc metas, as expected, but we simply cant over look a 110 base power ghost move with actually good distribution, or ground type scald, hell, even the fairy type explosion has the honor of being a super effective nuke close to the power of the original pre gen 5 ones, under the right conditions. Gonna have to lab these out for sure

I do wonder if there is a way to make Meteor Beam 1 turn outside of power herb...but i also wonder if its worth running raw. By itself it outdamages any other special tock move in the game. Of course there is the danger of thenopponent just switching or 2hkoing you...hmmm...

I do wonder if there is a way to make Meteor Beam 1 turn outside of power herb...but i also wonder if its worth running raw. By itself it outdamages any other special tock move in the game. Of course there is the danger of thenopponent just switching or 2hkoing you...hmmm...
On Smogon? unlikely.

On VGC on other hand? Definitely. Dynamax is a thing, so you can circumvent the 2 turn issue after the first use (after all, Hydro cannon Primarina is a thing in VGC...)

Oh, and I guess NatDex just got Terrain Pulse Mega Blastoise. There have been worse additions for broader distribution.
Thankfully OU has already banned it (what if a decent mon got Shell Smash blew up rather quickly), but it's not viable in AG. So... Nice flavour I guess.
No nasty plot for Yveltal? How does that make sense?
You mean THANK GOD no Nasty Plot for Yveltal. Have you seen what that abomination does while Dynamaxed just with its Gen 7 movepool? (In case you haven't, it has no counters, limited to no checks, and gets 2 kills a game against Nat Dex AG teams featuring Boots Ho-Oh and Zygod.) Yveltal getting Nasty Plot would be the end of AG as a playable tier.

Thankfully OU has already banned it (what if a decent mon got Shell Smash blew up rather quickly), but it's not viable in AG. So... Nice flavour I guess.

You mean THANK GOD no Nasty Plot for Yveltal. Have you seen what that abomination does while Dynamaxed just with its Gen 7 movepool? (In case you haven't, it has no counters, limited to no checks, and gets 2 kills a game against Nat Dex AG teams featuring Boots Ho-Oh and Zygod.) Yveltal getting Nasty Plot would be the end of AG as a playable tier.
Some men just want to watch the world burn. Jokes aside, I did want nasty plot for him for Ubers cause dynamax is banned(and for good reason) and he'd still be a top tier threat. Now at best with zacian in the game all he's left with is like a scarf could play set. Shame. I don't care for AG tbh as it's not an official tier

Some men just want to watch the world burn. Jokes aside, I did want nasty plot for him for Ubers cause dynamax is banned(and for good reason) and he'd still be a top tier threat. Now at best with zacian in the game all he's left with is like a scarf set. Shame. I don't care for AG tbh as it's not an official tier

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)