ORAS UU Twin Towers - UU Anti-Meta Team (Peaked #5)

Hello and welcome to my RMT! I'd like to start out by saying Thank You for taking the time to read and analyze the team. My goal is to start a run on an alt and get a 90 gxe score in the top ten. Hopefully with some great feedback I can prime this team to be at its best. Please don't be offended if I dismiss some things that are said below. My sets are not all standard for a reason and and if you want to recommend a standard set, I suggest looking at me team and determining if I really need that option.

Team Building Process
When looking through possible Pokemon to build a team around I came across Meloetta which surprised me having more SpAtt than azelf and was in a speed tier to surpass common wall breakers such as mamoswine, heracross, and feraligatr. I decided on specs with double stab and trick. Thunderbolt was chosen for empoleon and other scald users.

Next I wanted a dark resist; preferably something to take on krookodile leads. I also needed some good hazard control. I went with Mandibuzz as it combos with Meloetta very nicely. I'm noticing a fighting weakness (kinda) and I needed hazards of my own so I chose a bulky variant of Nidoqueen.

Both my walls can't really take on dragons too well. I need something to revenge kill dragons or even tank a hit and fire off something. Mega Abomasnow has synergy with Mandibuzz's overcoat and takes on bulk waters which seems to be a weakness. After looking at some calcs and how this Pokemon fits with the team, physically offensive Abomasnow looked to be my best option.

Offensive fire types are looking like a problem. At this point I am mainly thinking about Chandelure just spamming fire blast. I want to keep some offesive pressure though. I really dont want another wall. I go with Feraligatr as it takes fire and water moves and can potentially set up and sweep. I chose a different set because I want to have something for reuniclus and I don't want to be weak to porygon and abomasnow. Last I need a cleaner and a fighting type. Heracross has moxie and great dual stab. I figured a cleaner would be great with hail and rocky helmet damage going around.

And thus Twin Towers was born! The name 'Twin Towers' was inspired by Mega Abomasnow's back sprite.

Twin Towers

@

Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Foul Play
Toxic

Defog

Roost

: Mandibuzz is an incredible asset to this team. It provides hazard control in the form of Defog and a nice resist to Dark and Ghost types. Toxic is to break down pretty much anything I have to. Foul Play is the optimal stab that prevents physical attackers from setting up and sweeping. Madibuzz doubles as a natural spdef wall. I can switch into most hydregion dracos and even ice beams from bulky waters. Roost is for recovery (duh). Recovery works great as I will be taking rocks damage and multiple hits from offensive threats. Rocky helmet works better than leftovers with this Mandibuzz. I want punish u-turners and possibly put them in range of CC from heracross or abomasnow's ice shard.
The ground resist that Mandibuzz provides makes me a switch in to krookodile and swampert which usually wreck my other physical wall Nidoqueen.
Mandibuzz uses its rocky helmet to wear down threats
Can't touch this
Rocky helmet kills rapid spinner and rocks stay up!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@

Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 128 SpA / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
Toxic Spikes
Stealth Rock

Flamethrower

Sludge Wave

: Nidoqueen is for beedrill and powerful fighting types like heracross. I went with a more defensive variant with black sludge. As empoleon is to florges, nidoqueen is to fighting types. I wanted opportunity to set up hazards easily. Now I have double hazards for different teams. Rocks is usually the go-to but sometimes stall does not appreciate spikes up. Flamethrower is for beedrill lead that wants to drill run and for forretress that wants to spin. Sludge wave is for fantastic stab that still 2hkos feraligatr. The spread looks a little funky because I want power to pose a threat to set up mons. Flamethrower over earth power may be questionable but most of the time I'm glad I have it.
Nidoqueen a valuable asset to stop volt switch momentum
cock blocks beedrill
forry wants to spin on a flamethrower
Fighting spam? EZ

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: O Atk
Trick

Psychic

Hyper Voice

Thunderbolt

: Meloetta is the most fun and arguable the most effective Pokemon on this team. Will the power it possesses and the decent speed along with the ability to check almost any special attacker, its fantastic. Balance does not have a lot of great special walls which is where meloetta destroys. I went with double stab and thunderbolt for water types and something to hit steel types. Plus I liked the idea of spamming thunderbolt and being twice as likely to get a paralyze. Trick is pretty much useless unless you are battling stall. Trick allows this wall breaker to not become utterly useless against really bulky teams. If there is no obvious lead mamoswine, I like to lead out with this. Krookodile pursuit sometimes gets me so I've been learning to lead with Mega-Abomasnow more. A great mon for making holes in my opponents team for a late game sweep with heracross or abomasnow (which is usually the goal).
Meloetta has no switch ins after weakening Empoleon
Turn 1
No switches and too much bulk

@

Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
Swords Dance

Ice Shard

Seed Bomb

Earthquake

: Mega Abomasnow is the MVP of t'his team! Hail damage! Anti-meta priority! Great bulk! This mon can not be counted out. This is generally my lead as well as Meloetta. I lead out with this to beat Mamoswine and get up hail. As you see my team does not revolve around hail but it does benefit from it. We have the standard adamant bulky set. I though of giving speed to get doublade but I use this thing as a pivot/ counter for so many other mons, I couldn't give up the bulk. I have two other walls to beat doublade anyway. Sword Dace is for Snorlax and Florges and any ther recovery mon that is not a 2hko. Sword dance is also for late game ice shard sweeps which happen a lot more than you may think. Seed bomb is for the anti meta combo making me able to tear apart water types and even ground types. Earthquake is for entei! Entei will really ruin you day. I suggest predicting the switch if it looks really obvious because this team does not like entei in the slightest. EQ can also be for Ampharos or Helioisk. This mon does searve as a scald switch-in but of coarse its a coin flip.

@

Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Close Combat

Megahorn

Knock Off

Stone Edge

: Heracross is the ultimate win condition! With scarf and moxie it tends to sweep a lot as you will see below. My team revolves around weakening mons and taking out resistances in order to get a heracross sweep. The set is standard scarf. Double stab with knock off mainly for predicted switches and not for sweeping, and stone edge for remaining flying types. Heracross is usually seen with a choice band so faking out my opponent comes to an advantage. SD cobalion is sometimes a problem if they get a flinch with iron head on my nidoqueen. Heracross relieves the pressure of them sweeping with a scarf fighting stab. Do not try to sweep too early. You may ruin the late game sweep potential. Never rely on on multiple hits with mega horn or stone edge if you don't have to.

@

Adamant Nature
Waterfall

Superpower

Crunch

Dragon Dance

: Feraligatr is probably the least effective member on my team. Surprising right? Well its not the move-set I swear. Feraligatr is forced to take scalds and sacred fires way too much. I use ferg over other offensive water types because I can check reuni while being able to resist water and fire. The only other mons I can think of that can do that is Mega Blastoise and Clawitzer. Waterfall is awesome stab boosted by sheer force. Superpower is to surprise other Mega Abomasnow and even P2. Crunch is mainly for reuniclus as other psychic types are beat by manibuzz and aboma. Dragon dance is a nice boosting move that is still debateable in my mind. Sometimes I want agility for Maero and Beedrill. Sometimes I want sword dance because I get burnt or I need power fast to KO. Anyways, despite my rant of how this mon is a misfit, it tends to save my team from threats a lot.
Feraligatr takes out an annoying psychic type
Hehe P2 walls?

[!]Major Threats[!]
Entei: It's dumb having two physical walls and no entei switch in! I thought of having haze milotic instead of ferg to combat this problem, but my team loses out on a lot of offensive pressure. If you are playing against entei with this team, I suggest predicting the switch most of the time. Use EQ on Aboma and dont lock your heracross into mega horn. If you get lucky with the burns, Mandibuzz and Feraligatr can be a switch.

Qwilfish: Taunt shuts down mandibuzz. Twave catches Meloetta on the switch. Waterfall on nidoqueen. Walls heracross. Walls Feraligatr. Mega Abomasnow does a little better vs it but this thing is a pain to deal with. Thank goodness people think its bad.

Yanmega: My special check dies to Bug Buzz. My physical walls are hurt so much and dont do much back. Ferg gets hit by giga drain. Ice shard from abomasnow only does so much. If you want to beat this, you need to keep nidoqueen at full or get rocks up and stay up. Pretty hard to do both against a well constructed team.

(!)Threats(!)

Magneton: I have no safe switches with a specs magneton. Meloetta can take a hit but volt switch hurts a lot and I lose momentum in the same turn. Plus meloetta cant hit magneton effectively. Magneton does fall victim to a heracross sweep so I can ignore it and weaken other things.

<!>Minor Threats<!>

Mega Aerodactyl: Although this mon may look like a major threat because his stabs plus coverage moves wreck my team, it is easily widdled through rocks and hail and ice shard making it easy to fit into a heracross sweep. Dangerous if you don't know how to play around.

Mamoswine: If this mon has superpower then my main switch in is no longer a switch in. I have quite a few answers for this but my switch ins are limited. If you are battling a superpower mamo, be careful not to weaken heracross or meloetta too much.

UU Fam! teal6 Christo The Gr8 YABO LilOu Euphonos Hogg Shiba beppityboopbop NV
Thank you guys for teaching me and supporting what I do! Please read through and give me a good critique!

Also FalseHopes for the format!

Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave

Proskuneo (Meloetta) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Psychic
- Hyper Voice
- Thunderbolt

Entomo (Heracross) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Once again thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy playing with this team. You can expect me to upload for RMTs in the future!​

Last edited:

Caliber

Banned deucer.
Hey man, nice team you got there. Grats on the Peak. Here are a few changes I'd like to make:

I'd run Jolly Feraligatr because you need to outspeed threats like Heracross, Mamoswine, and Max Speed Crobat after a Dragon Dance. You should run Swords Dance over Dragon Dance because you're using Gatr as a breaker, not a sweeper.

It seems that with Stealth Rock on the field you have no switchin for Mienshao and Heracross after Nidoqueen is weakened. So, I think you should use Granbull over Mandibuzz, and Forretress over Nidoqueen.

Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Heal Bell / Thunder Wave
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Hope I helped!

Hey man, nice team you got there. Grats on the Peak. Here are a few changes I'd like to make:

I'd run Jolly Feraligatr because you need to outspeed threats like Heracross, Mamoswine, and Max Speed Crobat after a Dragon Dance. You should run Swords Dance over Dragon Dance because you're using Gatr as a breaker, not a sweeper.

It seems that with Stealth Rock on the field you have no switchin for Mienshao and Heracross after Nidoqueen is weakened. So, I think you should use Granbull over Mandibuzz, and Forretress over Nidoqueen.

Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Heal Bell / Thunder Wave
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Hope I helped!
Nidoqueen is enough to keep fighting threats at bay as well as mandibuzz. Go ahead and head over to my replay section and you can see first hand that Im well taken care of with those mons. As for adament to jolly and sd, I'll give it a try but mamoswine and heracross be running jolly now a days.

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
What's up Spoofy, thanks for the shoutout n_n. But anyway, this looks like a really solid team, even though I've never seen you actually use it. I've experienced the power of specs Meloetta and its really a pain to switch into, it's really unexpected to see one. The one flaw I did notice is that this team really lacks any kind of special wall. But anyway, I'd like to recommend a couple of things that could help out.

• First off, as you mentioned in your threatlist, this team is extremely weak to Entei, which is almost always clicking Sacred Fire, unless there's a Chandelure. But this team is also weak to Hydreigon as well as the Nidos (You don't really have a switch-in for either except I guess Meloetta, but that could get worn down easily). But anyway, I'd like to recommend CurseLax over Feraligatr. Snorlax really helps with status absorbing (Could switch into Sacred Fire/Scalds if you really need to as it can just rest off the burn 252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Sacred Fire vs. 144 HP / 188 Def Thick Fat Snorlax: 136-162 (27.3 - 32.5%) -- 64.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery), as well as gives you a nice special wall (for Magneton and Yanmega as well as those mentioned above), which this team could really benefit from having one. The team can also benefit by having Snorlax for the paralysis support, giving pokemon like Heracross and Meloetta an easier time with faster Pokemon like Cobalion or Aerodactyl. Snorlax can give you a nice win-con too, being able to set up on a lot of these special attackers once Pokemon like Doublade or Chandy are out. You also said gatr was the least effective, so why not replace it with something effective :^). Here's the set.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Curse
    - Body Slam
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
  • Minor nitpick but I would run Earth Power over Flamethrower as well as give it a Life Orb over Black Sludge, you definitely miss out on some KO's if you don't have an LO, I get that the recovery is nice but I don't think its really needed tbh. Flamethrower also only hits steels and grass types, which Sludge Wave + EPower can cover.

128 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Earth Power vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 346-408 (108.4 - 127.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

128 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Flamethrower vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 231-273 (72.4 - 85.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(with Black Sludge)

128 SpA Sheer Force Nidoqueen Earth Power vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 266-314 (83.3 - 98.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

128 SpA Sheer Force Nidoqueen Flamethrower vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 178-210 (55.7 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Doublade is just one example but I'm sure there's a lot more where the Earth Power + Life Orb matters a ton.
But anyway, I hope you at least test out my recommendations, I think they could really help. But anyway, it's still a solid team dude! Good luck!

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey DaSpoofy, nice team you have here. It's cool to see lesser used pokemon like Meloetta having some play time. Anyways, your team is pretty solid for the most part, but there are a few small changes you can make that'll improve its effectiveness:
  • The biggest threats to your team that stand out to me right away are special attacking dragons like Hydreigon and Salamence. Hydreigon in particular basically gets a kill every time it switches in. A simple fix to this is changing your Mandibuzz spread from max physical defense to a more mixed defensive spread and changing Rocky Helmet -> Leftovers. I have two in mind that will both fit well on your team. The first spread I would suggest is 248 HP / 152 Def / 100 SpD / 8 Spe with a Bold Nature. This spread allows you to take two LO Draco Meteors from Hydreigon (with the SpA drop and leftovers factored in) which provides you with a solid switch in to a huge threat to your team without compromising that much physical bulk. This spread still leaves you prone to Specs Hydreigon and forces you to keep Mandibuzz at full HP to check LO Hydreigon, so a more specially bulky spread of 248 HP / 96 Def / 156 SpD / 8 Spe with a Calm Nature is also a decent choice, as it allows you to take two Specs Dracos as well as take on LO Dreigon and other special attackers more comfortably (Volt Switch from Mowtom only does a max of 45%). Either works, but you definitely need some SpD on Mandibuzz.
  • Just a nitpick, but I would run a bit more speed creep on Mega Abomasnow. Running 40 Spe will let you outcreep most other Base 30's like Slowking, Reuniclus, and opposing Abomasnow without compromising too much of your bulk.
  • While Feraligatr is an extremely splashable pokemon that works well on basically all teams, it does not help you manage the biggest threats to your team, including Entei. You said it yourself; nothing on your team enjoys switching into a Sacred Fire, Feraligatr included. A bulky water with recovery is probably a better fit in that slot, so I'd recommend changing Feraligatr -> Suicune. The set I would recommend is Scald / Roar / Rest / Sleep Talk with a good amount of creep (at least 40 Spe to creep opposing RoarCunes) and the rest thrown into HP and Def. While you can run Calm Mind over Sleep Talk to be able to beat things like CM Reuniclus and Cresselia, Suicune is your main switch in to things like Entei, so you will need to be resting often, and without a cleric or Sleep Talk you are providing a lot of free turns for your opponent. This set lets you stop almost all set up sweepers and synergizes well with your Nidoqueen's hazard stacking.
  • I agree with Shiba's Nidoqueen suggestion for the reasons he stated. Having Earth Power also allows you to better check Lucario, which previously could take a Flamethrower even after a turn of LO recoil.
With those changes in mind, I believe you have a really solid team that utilizes some underused (heh) threats. I hope you try out the suggestions made in the thread! Good luck with everything.
PhysDef Mandibuzz:
Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 100 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

SpDef Mandibuzz:
Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 156 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Mega Abomasnow:
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake

Suicune:
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Nidoqueen:
Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

Hey DaSpoofy, before I suggest anything, I want to applaud you on your formatting, probably the nicest formatted RMT I have ever seen. Also, thank you the shoutout!
Now on to the rate.

My one big problem with this team is how big of a weakness you have to Entei and Hydreigon, two pokemon any high level UU team should have answers for.

My first suggestion is to go for the change of Swampert > Nidoqueen. Swampert will provide you with a fire resist that can still lays up Stealth Rock, as well as blocking Volt Switch. This also gives you a switch into both Mega Aerodactyl and Qwilfish, which both are both a nuisance to your team. This obviously takes away your fighting resist, that is where my next suggestion comes in. Here is your set:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Feraligatr seems like the most expendable member on this team as you already have 2 solid physical win-conditions in Abomasnow and Heracross. My suggestion is to go for a change of Calm Mind Synthesis Florges > Gatr. Bold Florges is a pretty reliable fighting resist as well as a stop to Hydreigon, which is debatably the second biggest threat to this team. I decided on Calm Mind so you can have a second win condition to mimic what you had going on with Gatr. I also really think having a Calm Mind user on every team is great. Feel free to test with both Calm Mind and Wish, although Wish support is not the most needed on this team. Florges also serves as a check to Yanmega, another pokemon on your threat list. Here is your set:

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy

With these changes, I think the team will function a lot better and will matchup better versus more teams. Other options include Snorlax over Gatr, which I think is a great option as well as it checks both Entei and Hydreigon, although making you more threatened by Aerodactyl. I also want to mention I really like your use of Rocky Helmet, making pokemon like Mega Beedrill not as threatening since you can widdle it down each turn with Rocky helmet+Stealth Rock. Anyway, I hope you consider these changes and congrats on your peak with the team!

DaSpoofy, I like this team a lot. I was trying to build with Specs Meloetta earlier this week and I ended up with something pretty similar to yours, but with Krook+Crobat instead of Mandibuzz+Nidoqueen. Feel free to give this a shot, it gives you more or less the same resistances and utility, though trading Toxic Spikes and raw bulk for a solid Entei check and more offensive pressure.

As for your current team, I don't think Entei is a big enough problem to make such a huge change to Suicune or Snorlax. With Stealth Rock, TSpikes, and Hail damage, I can't see it getting too many opportunities to come in against your team. Mandibuzz and Nidoqueen already give you a solid core to fall back on against most threats, but past that I really wouldn't want this team giving up more offensive pressure.

That being said, I would highly recommend taking up Vapo's suggestion of investing more SDef in Mandibuzz, as it can give you a lot more freedom against a ton of special attackers - Hydreigon, Shaymin, Roserade, and Chandelure especially. Since you also have TSpikes, I question the necessity of having Toxic on Mandibuzz, and you're probably better off running Taunt to pressure walls like Suicune, Florges, and P2 with TSpikes up.

Nidoqueen would likely be better off running Earth Power/Earthquake+Ice Beam coverage which is particularly useful for hurting Defoggers (EQ>Earth Power only if you want to hurt Beedrill more). As of now, all of the tier's common Defog users - Empoleon, Gligar, Salamence, Crobat - can come in and clear your hazards pretty freely. Forry still gets hit pretty hard by Earth Power. The only real downside to this coverage I can see here is having a weaker hit on one threat, Heracross, but hitting Defoggers harder should be more important than that since like I mentioned earlier, hazards are your main way to keep Entei and other Fire-types in check. I think a defensive variant of Nidoqueen is preferred to an offensive one here since it's more focused on stacking hazards and checking Fighting-types than doing damage.

The biggest change I could see being made to your team is to switch up your Scarfer, but that might just be my personal dislike of Scarf Heracross talking. You might want to test out Mienshao and Infernape in this slot, though changing Heracross would put more pressure on Meloetta to deal with Reuniclus. Again, I can't say for sure that this change would be hugely noticeable or beneficial, but it's worth a shot.

Again, nice team dude, Specs Meloetta is a monster and I like your use of it here. TBolt is a cool option I didn't think of before but I'll have to give it a try. Good luck with this team in the future!

Edit: fair enough about your decision about Heracross. Like I said I didn't really have anything concrete to back my suggestion up haha. It still outspeeds everything else non-Scarfed which is the most important part for the role.

Last edited:
What's up Spoofy, thanks for the shoutout n_n. But anyway, this looks like a really solid team, even though I've never seen you actually use it. I've experienced the power of specs Meloetta and its really a pain to switch into, it's really unexpected to see one. The one flaw I did notice is that this team really lacks any kind of special wall. But anyway, I'd like to recommend a couple of things that could help out.

• First off, as you mentioned in your threatlist, this team is extremely weak to Entei, which is almost always clicking Sacred Fire, unless there's a Chandelure. But this team is also weak to Hydreigon as well as the Nidos (You don't really have a switch-in for either except I guess Meloetta, but that could get worn down easily). But anyway, I'd like to recommend CurseLax over Feraligatr. Snorlax really helps with status absorbing (Could switch into Sacred Fire/Scalds if you really need to as it can just rest off the burn 252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Sacred Fire vs. 144 HP / 188 Def Thick Fat Snorlax: 136-162 (27.3 - 32.5%) -- 64.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery), as well as gives you a nice special wall (for Magneton and Yanmega as well as those mentioned above), which this team could really benefit from having one. The team can also benefit by having Snorlax for the paralysis support, giving pokemon like Heracross and Meloetta an easier time with faster Pokemon like Cobalion or Aerodactyl. Snorlax can give you a nice win-con too, being able to set up on a lot of these special attackers once Pokemon like Doublade or Chandy are out. You also said gatr was the least effective, so why not replace it with something effective :^). Here's the set.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Curse
    - Body Slam
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
  • Minor nitpick but I would run Earth Power over Flamethrower as well as give it a Life Orb over Black Sludge, you definitely miss out on some KO's if you don't have an LO, I get that the recovery is nice but I don't think its really needed tbh. Flamethrower also only hits steels and grass types, which Sludge Wave + EPower can cover.

128 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Earth Power vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 346-408 (108.4 - 127.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

128 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Flamethrower vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 231-273 (72.4 - 85.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(with Black Sludge)

128 SpA Sheer Force Nidoqueen Earth Power vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 266-314 (83.3 - 98.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

128 SpA Sheer Force Nidoqueen Flamethrower vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 178-210 (55.7 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Doublade is just one example but I'm sure there's a lot more where the Earth Power + Life Orb matters a ton.
But anyway, I hope you at least test out my recommendations, I think they could really help. But anyway, it's still a solid team dude! Good luck!
CurseLax over Feraligatr: Alright cool! I really like this option as it does take entei's stab well and takes scald while giving my team a little more spdef to fall on. The only problem is that fcous blast reuni beats this mon which is one reason I'm running gatr is to check reuni. I do lose some offensive pressure with no full out attacker but it may be worth it. Dodmen thinks its not since entei ins't that big of a problem in his eyes. I have beat and revenge killed a lot of Entei but I cant really switch into one. I'm making a few more versions of this team to test out before I go on my 90gxe run. I'll be sure to try out snorlax.

Earth Power over Flamethrower: The reason for running flamethrower was so I can counter beeedrill and heracross while getting forry in hail damage range. Another reason was for Brongzong which isnt that common but if you look at my team I have next to nothing for it. I will end up going with the earth power + ice beam combo later to beat out common defoggers rather than just forretress and brongzong. Thanks for the suggestion.

Life Orb over Black Sludge: No. Lol. I really need this to a be a reacquiring switch in to fighting types and LO does not do that as well. I'm not really looking for KOs I just want opportunity to set up hazards and to counter threats to abomasnow.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will definitely be trying a snorlax version of this.
Hey DaSpoofy, nice team you have here. It's cool to see lesser used pokemon like Meloetta having some play time. Anyways, your team is pretty solid for the most part, but there are a few small changes you can make that'll improve its effectiveness:
  • The biggest threats to your team that stand out to me right away are special attacking dragons like Hydreigon and Salamence. Hydreigon in particular basically gets a kill every time it switches in. A simple fix to this is changing your Mandibuzz spread from max physical defense to a more mixed defensive spread and changing Rocky Helmet -> Leftovers. I have two in mind that will both fit well on your team. The first spread I would suggest is 248 HP / 152 Def / 100 SpD / 8 Spe with a Bold Nature. This spread allows you to take two LO Draco Meteors from Hydreigon (with the SpA drop and leftovers factored in) which provides you with a solid switch in to a huge threat to your team without compromising that much physical bulk. This spread still leaves you prone to Specs Hydreigon and forces you to keep Mandibuzz at full HP to check LO Hydreigon, so a more specially bulky spread of 248 HP / 96 Def / 156 SpD / 8 Spe with a Calm Nature is also a decent choice, as it allows you to take two Specs Dracos as well as take on LO Dreigon and other special attackers more comfortably (Volt Switch from Mowtom only does a max of 45%). Either works, but you definitely need some SpD on Mandibuzz.
  • Just a nitpick, but I would run a bit more speed creep on Mega Abomasnow. Running 40 Spe will let you outcreep most other Base 30's like Slowking, Reuniclus, and opposing Abomasnow without compromising too much of your bulk.
  • While Feraligatr is an extremely splashable pokemon that works well on basically all teams, it does not help you manage the biggest threats to your team, including Entei. You said it yourself; nothing on your team enjoys switching into a Sacred Fire, Feraligatr included. A bulky water with recovery is probably a better fit in that slot, so I'd recommend changing Feraligatr -> Suicune. The set I would recommend is Scald / Roar / Rest / Sleep Talk with a good amount of creep (at least 40 Spe to creep opposing RoarCunes) and the rest thrown into HP and Def. While you can run Calm Mind over Sleep Talk to be able to beat things like CM Reuniclus and Cresselia, Suicune is your main switch in to things like Entei, so you will need to be resting often, and without a cleric or Sleep Talk you are providing a lot of free turns for your opponent. This set lets you stop almost all set up sweepers and synergizes well with your Nidoqueen's hazard stacking.
  • I agree with Shiba's Nidoqueen suggestion for the reasons he stated. Having Earth Power also allows you to better check Lucario, which previously could take a Flamethrower even after a turn of LO recoil.
With those changes in mind, I believe you have a really solid team that utilizes some underused (heh) threats. I hope you try out the suggestions made in the thread! Good luck with everything.
PhysDef Mandibuzz:
Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 100 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

SpDef Mandibuzz:
Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 156 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Mega Abomasnow:
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake

Suicune:
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Nidoqueen:
Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
Rocky Helmet -> Leftovers: I might consider. I came in with this team just testing rocky helmet out and it turned out to be great! Did you know if you opponent uses a move and dies to rock helmet the after effects do not go off? Rocks arent spun away knock off does not knock off the helmet, its really cool. I know those things are a bit situational but the chip damage I get off on u-turners and attackers really helps with the clean up at the end (which is the ultimate goal). I gotta stick with rocky helmet.

248 HP / 152 Def / 100 SpD / 8 Spe with a Bold Nature: I'm going to use this spread thanks a whole bunch! :)

Feraligatr -> Suicune: A really neat option that I have been pondering for a while. I would end up having roar for reni while being able to take scalds and sacred fires. I'm iffy on rest and waiting it out until i wake up. I'm iffy on how much damage I'm taking from a plus one reni when i roar. I want offensive pressure and I feel if I use suicune the only two moves I'll end of using are roar and rest. Although I think this, I will try it out and test before my run. Thanks man!

I see you wanted speed on my Abomasnow. Go back and read my description under the set I provided. I explain why I don't creep. Hope you understand. I will also be using black sludge > LO. I explained to shiba why. :)

Hey DaSpoofy, before I suggest anything, I want to applaud you on your formatting, probably the nicest formatted RMT I have ever seen. Also, thank you the shoutout!
Now on to the rate.

My one big problem with this team is how big of a weakness you have to Entei and Hydreigon, two pokemon any high level UU team should have answers for.

My first suggestion is to go for the change of Swampert > Nidoqueen. Swampert will provide you with a fire resist that can still lays up Stealth Rock, as well as blocking Volt Switch. This also gives you a switch into both Mega Aerodactyl and Qwilfish, which both are both a nuisance to your team. This obviously takes away your fighting resist, that is where my next suggestion comes in. Here is your set:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Feraligatr seems like the most expendable member on this team as you already have 2 solid physical win-conditions in Abomasnow and Heracross. My suggestion is to go for a change of Calm Mind Synthesis Florges > Gatr. Bold Florges is a pretty reliable fighting resist as well as a stop to Hydreigon, which is debatably the second biggest threat to this team. I decided on Calm Mind so you can have a second win condition to mimic what you had going on with Gatr. I also really think having a Calm Mind user on every team is great. Feel free to test with both Calm Mind and Wish, although Wish support is not the most needed on this team. Florges also serves as a check to Yanmega, another pokemon on your threat list. Here is your set:

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy

With these changes, I think the team will function a lot better and will matchup better versus more teams. Other options include Snorlax over Gatr, which I think is a great option as well as it checks both Entei and Hydreigon, although making you more threatened by Aerodactyl. I also want to mention I really like your use of Rocky Helmet, making pokemon like Mega Beedrill not as threatening since you can widdle it down each turn with Rocky helmet+Stealth Rock. Anyway, I hope you consider these changes and congrats on your peak with the team!
Swampert > Nidoqueen: Wow this looks like a huge relief although I do miss out on toxic spikes. Roar takes care of reuni (kind of) and scald is not affected by burn from possible entei. I do miss out on some speed and some nice stab power but it might be worth it. I lose my fighting resist = hazards up which it while i use bulky nido. Will try though.

Mind Synthesis Florges > Gatr:
Ok so here is the solution to my new fighting weakness. Cool option that can also aromatherapy my swampert. I see a lot of pressure being put on swampert as a wall which isnt fair to something with no recovery. I do become a bit beedrill weak which sucks but maybe its better than entei weak. Thanks for your input :). I'll be sure to make a team with these changes and play around with them.

DaSpoofy, I like this team a lot. I was trying to build with Specs Meloetta earlier this week and I ended up with something pretty similar to yours, but with Krook+Crobat instead of Mandibuzz+Nidoqueen. Feel free to give this a shot, it gives you more or less the same resistances and utility, though trading Toxic Spikes and raw bulk for a solid Entei check and more offensive pressure.

As for your current team, I don't think Entei is a big enough problem to make such a huge change to Suicune or Snorlax. With Stealth Rock, TSpikes, and Hail damage, I can't see it getting too many opportunities to come in against your team. Mandibuzz and Nidoqueen already give you a solid core to fall back on against most threats, but past that I really wouldn't want this team giving up more offensive pressure.

That being said, I would highly recommend taking up Vapo's suggestion of investing more SDef in Mandibuzz, as it can give you a lot more freedom against a ton of special attackers - Hydreigon, Shaymin, Roserade, and Chandelure especially. Since you also have TSpikes, I question the necessity of having Toxic on Mandibuzz, and you're probably better off running Taunt to pressure walls like Suicune, Florges, and P2 with TSpikes up.

Nidoqueen would likely be better off running Earth Power/Earthquake+Ice Beam coverage which is particularly useful for hurting Defoggers (EQ>Earth Power only if you want to hurt Beedrill more). As of now, all of the tier's common Defog users - Empoleon, Gligar, Salamence, Crobat - can come in and clear your hazards pretty freely. Forry still gets hit pretty hard by Earth Power. The only real downside to this coverage I can see here is having a weaker hit on one threat, Heracross, but hitting Defoggers harder should be more important than that since like I mentioned earlier, hazards are your main way to keep Entei and other Fire-types in check. I think a defensive variant of Nidoqueen is preferred to an offensive one here since it's more focused on stacking hazards and checking Fighting-types than doing damage.

The biggest change I could see being made to your team is to switch up your Scarfer, but that might just be my personal dislike of Scarf Heracross talking. You might want to test out Mienshao and Infernape in this slot, though changing Heracross would put more pressure on Meloetta to deal with Reuniclus. Again, I can't say for sure that this change would be hugely noticeable or beneficial, but it's worth a shot.

Again, nice team dude, Specs Meloetta is a monster and I like your use of it here. TBolt is a cool option I didn't think of before but I'll have to give it a try. Good luck with this team in the future!
Ah I know you love your Cro+Krook combo. In fact you have it in your signature right now. Its really cool how my core and yours have the same types but flipped flopped. I still get everything with your core but I lose a draco switch in. You must have empoleon over gatr or something because that seems like a huge problem.

Im going with Vapo's spread and adding taunt to Mandibuzz makes me able to kinda take on reuni. Roost then focus blast is scary stuff. I could taunt and go to ferg for 70% crunch die and revenge kill with aboma I guess. But in that case I dont really need to taunt I can just go to ferg. Taunt is for other things of course which is why I like it. Umm since no toxic, I have nothing to do to hydregion after i take the draco. But then again hydregion is not staying in unless it's taunting. Either way hydregion is heracross bait if not scarfed. I do having have nothing for the fairy switch in like florges or whimiscott. I guess now i can taunt on switch or pull a double.

Nidoqueens moves set will be that. For some reason I was scared that earth power did nothing to forry and I needed flamethrower. Flamethrower is for heracross and beedrill but I can give it up since I have priority and chip damage going around. Earthpower + icebeam is superior thank you for pointing out that it beats common defoggers.

Heracross is a must for this team. I cannot change it. It has done so much for me because of moxie and powerful double stab. Moxie is the main selling point here. This is a replay that no other mon could have pulled off.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-254621297

I'm glad you like this team! Thank you for your input :)

I want to make clear that if you end up testing with my suggestions, I want you to continue running the Rocky Helmet max defense Mandibuzz so you can handle Mega Beedrill. Just remember when facing one, keep rocks up and pressure with your surprise Scarfer and Ice Shard as much as you can. If you do that, I think you will be fine.

As for the other suggestions, Snorlax looks like a solid option. Suicune could be nice too, but I feel as if something else would need to be replaced to handle Hydreigon since Mandibuzz still takes 65% from a Life Orb Draco with that EV spread as well as being weak to Rocks.

been using your team a bunch to very very consistent success!
i've been using suicune with cm, roar, scald, rest over feraligatr which helps a ton as a nice win con and phazer.

big issues as you've picked up on is checking entei, machamp, and especially mienshao.
while i usually switch mandibuzz and nido in to wrack up hail and rocky helmet damage on these physical attackers,
mienshao definitely shrugs off residual damage with regenrator, and can easily sweep through the team.

been trying out rhyperior/tentacruel for mandibuzz/nidoqueen. will let you know how that goes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)