Two Pigs and Some Eggs (peaked #33 before ladder reset)

Hello all you raters! My name is JoshuaMunoz and I've been lurking around the NU Forums and RMTs to learn more about the NU metagame. I've recently been a bit active by joining some competitions (which I lost, lol) and generally been more active.
I can't show the image of my peak though, sorry bout that :/
I also want people to rate this team, so without further ado, here's my team!

Exeggutor (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Harvest
EVs: 128 Spd / 252 SAtk / 128 HP
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Sleep Powder
- Rest

I forgot who made this set, but it's been really helpful for dealing with that Aloomomoonguss cores. Though Psychic doesn't really kill Amoonguss, I can put it to sleep (if, of course, nothing else is asleep) and proceed to Psychic
which 2HKOs it. The EVs are for outspeeding base 60 Pokemon (assuming they have no speed EVs) and putting them to sleep before they touch me. Rest with Lum Berry is really helpful, helps me get out of tight situations.

Emboar @ Choice Band
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Wild Charge

This guy hits hard, and recoil hits it hard as well. When one of my guys die and if it cannot outspeed Emboar, I switch into this guy and FLARE BLITZ ALL THE THINGS. Superpower is for STAB as well, Stone Edge and Wild Charge are for hitting Flying and Water types, respectively.

Raichu @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This guy is my revenge killer. His speed outspeeds most scarf users ( Braviary, Sawk, Rotom-F, etc.). Volt Switch is for that momentum and getting the hell out of there, Thunderbolt is the obvious STAB of choice. Focus Blast hits some Rock/Ground types (Golem) that could easily wipe Raichu out with EQ. HP [Ice] is for hitting Exeggutor and Altaria quite harder, and also for that pseudo BoltBeam combination.

Samurott @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Megahorn

Samurott is a pretty decent Pokemon. After a Swords Dance, it can deal a lot of damage to the opposing team with Waterfall, or Aqua Jet for frail, fast Pokemon. The reason I put max speed is to outspeed Modest Ludicolo before rain and OHKO it with Megahorn. Megahorn also 2HKOs Musharna, which is nice cause Musharna is always a threat.

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

PILOSWINE DOES LOOK LIKE A HOG, DON'T JUDGE ME :P
The most underrated Stealth Rocker in NU. Piloswine has dat offensive presence with a base 100 Attack. Even without defense EV investments, it can live a Jolly Sawk's Close Combat! It can also OHKO almost any bird after SR damage with that Ice Shard. Earthquake is for STAB and can nab surprising OHKOs on Garbodor (assuming if it's not VERY defensive), Skuntank, and even Emboar. Icicle Crash is a much more powerful STAB than Ice Shard, and has that flinch chance, which is quite useful, but Piloswine is quite slow so Ice Shard is usually my move of choice.

Altaria (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Pulse
- Perish Song

Altaria and Piloswine are a great defensive combination, but I usually feel that Altaria doesn't belong in this team. This is my only fully defensive Pokemon and it is not quite reliable cause of taking 25% from SR damage. Roost is for reliable recovery, Heal Bell is rarely used, but still is quite important on any team. Dragon Pulse is for STAB and so that Altaria won't be taunt fodder (but even Alomomoloa's Waterfall does a better chunk if not resisted) Perish Song are for those who try to sweep. I use this instead of Roar because if my opponent has one more team member which my other teammates can't really hurt that much, I just Perish Song it and (hopefully) it would die before all my other Pokemon die.

So there you have it, my first RMT. I'm gonna update this soon with pictures and threat lists cause I'm kind of sleepy now.

Threat Lists: (not finished yet but still...)
Samurott (physical varients are harder to deal with, if it sets up its gg right there because Aqua Jet OHKOs Raichu)
Ludicolo (if it sets up its gg right there)
Linoone (if it sets up it's gg right there)

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Interesting team! Some of your descriptions hit the bare minimum of being informative, but I can let that slide because most of your team is standard enough that raters can easily tell what their roles are.

I was utterly confused when I saw defensive Altaria on your team. With such an offensive team, that set is completely out of place, as it isn't really even a good pivot. Your team doesn't really need Perish Song (though Heal Bell is a nice benefit). I feel that Choice Specs Altaria would be very useful instead as a wallbreaker. You can also go with the Life Orb Cloud Nine variant with Roost in order to handle Ludicolo and Samurott better.

Now, some minor details that would also help your team. Emboar can run Jolly to outpace Adamant Absol, but that is rather situational. Of course, you are already running max Speed instead of investing in bulk, so you have very little to lose with the nature change (and you don't outspeed anything of note with Adamant). However, I would recommend Head Smash over Stone Edge. I know that Head Smash's recoil is very off-putting, but you are already using mostly recoil moves regardless. A guarantee OHKO on defensive Armaldo is also pretty sweet for your team, since you rarely get to set up Stealth Rocks repeatedly.

Samurott doesn't particularly need Life Orb, so I would recommend using Lum Berry instead. It gives you a safety net against surprise status and you don't miss out on any important KOs. Also, with Emboar already taking a lot of recoil, Altaria being hit super effectively by Stealth Rock, and everyone else being either slow or frail, Samurott doesn't appreciate extra recoil wearing it down.

Changes:

Altaria: Choice Specs/LO>Defensive
Samurott: Lum Berry>Life Orb
Emboar: Head Smash>Stone Edge
Optional: Jolly>Adamant

Altaria (F) @ Choice Specs/Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure/Cloud Nine
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SAtk / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power Ground
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest/Roost

Good luck with rising in NU and I hope I helped! :pimp:

A cool Altaria set is the Draco Meteor/Power Swap one.
It catches so many people off guard. and swapping that minus 2 from Draco onto special attackers is hilarious, add in natural cure to absorb status then switch, instant recovery in roost. :3

Altaria (F) @ Life Orb Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SAtk / 136 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Power Swap
- Roost
- Fire Blast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)