move 2: Confide
move 3: Rest
move 4: Toxic, Flame Charge, Metal Sound
item: Eviolite
ability: Battle Armor
nature: Bold
evs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SpD

[Set Comments]
Type: Null by its very nature is incredibly bulky and fills the role of a stallmon that cannot be crit. The general strategy is to either bulk up defense or lower the special attack while recovering with rest and widdling down their health or pp. Iron defense is used against phsycial attackers, confide is used against special attackers (that do not have competitive), rest is used for recovery / getting rid of toxic, and the fourth move can be a few different things. Toxic is used as a mercy button to prevent games taking forever, beats set up physical attackers like rhyperior before they get a chance to land some good rolls, and more reliably beats other stallmons that do not have rest. Flame charge is meant to outspeed taunts for a slightly more winable matchup and more reliably beat strong (but not too strong) close combat spammers. Metal sound is the full pp stall move to more reliably beat metal sound zone and have a better chance against threats like g-corsola. The item and ability are used to maximize bulk and never be crit which is the main draw to using type: null over g-corsola. The EV spread is meant to tank 2 woodhammers or superpowers from banded rillaboom after iron defense and grassy terrain recovery, with a special defense dump for any other special attackers.

Type: Null should be used against strong attackers that tend to not run moves like trick, taunt, belly drum, nasty plot, and encore as these are the biggest threats and will almost always be an instant loss. In any matchup it is always best to start off iron defensing or confiding based on which attacker they most likely are (unless you are trying to outplay taunt with flame charge in which case start with that). Rest should be used when you will only tank one more max roll move or as soon as taking damage in a pp stall fight. Once you are safe from dying you either continue to pp stall or throw off a toxic to seal their fate. Type: Null beats almost every all-out attacker who does not use trick a choice item as almost nobody can outdamage. The exceptions to this are strong fighting types like conk, sawk, urshifu, and sirfetch'd as well as banded dracovish. A lot of playing type: null is knowing the likelyhood of winning each matchup. For example porygon-z is a guaranteed loss, primarina can go either way depending on if it runs encore, and crustle is a guaranteed win. Good teammates are things like arcanine to lure out and beat the vast majority of fighting types and a strong electric user like zeraora to beat the water and dragon threats.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Jayayawesome]]

Last edited:
I am more than open for suggestions and edits. I know I said a lot if you want I can shorten the second paragraph to combine the second and third. I felt it was important to emphasize what beats it and that prominent users of these should be considered as losing mathcups, but can certainly make it more brief if you'd like.

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Jayayawesome I kinda meant more so what stage in the writing process you are in

If you feel like you are ready to be QC checked, you should move the WIP tag your analysis currently has to a Quality Control tag

If not, finish what you're writing and then change the tag when you're ready.

you can change the tag by editing the post

Last edited:
Jayayawesome before I check this, I need you to change how it's formatted.

The first paragraph should be the following format:
General outline of the Pokemon and what it does -> Discussion of move 1, move 2, move 3, move 4 (discuss what the move does, not how the move should be used) -> discussion of Item, EV spread, and nature (these can all be discussed in one point given that they work together for the sole purpose of making Type: Null bulky).

The second paragraph:
How to use the Pokemon -> Explain complicated matchups (this is where you discuss how to use the moves in certain matchups, andin what order they need to be used) -> Lay out exceptions to archetypes that you normally beat (eg, if Type: Null usually beats fat offensive threats, list the exceptions to this. For example you will always beat diggersby, but not fighting-types like sawk and conkeldurr) -> List generally good teammates and explain why they're good

At the moment, your writing is far too formal and based off personal experience. Look at some of the works that are currently in GP to get a taste for the writing style. Let me know if you have any questions or need any help

Jayayawesome before I check this, I need you to change how it's formatted.

The first paragraph should be the following format:
General outline of the Pokemon and what it does -> Discussion of move 1, move 2, move 3, move 4 (discuss what the move does, not how the move should be used) -> discussion of Item, EV spread, and nature (these can all be discussed in one point given that they work together for the sole purpose of making Type: Null bulky).

The second paragraph:
How to use the Pokemon -> Explain complicated matchups (this is where you discuss how to use the moves in certain matchups, andin what order they need to be used) -> Lay out exceptions to archetypes that you normally beat (eg, if Type: Null usually beats fat offensive threats, list the exceptions to this. For example you will always beat diggersby, but not fighting-types like sawk and conkeldurr) -> List generally good teammates and explain why they're good

At the moment, your writing is far too formal and based off personal experience. Look at some of the works that are currently in GP to get a taste for the writing style. Let me know if you have any questions or need any help
I changed it to better match the format and not have all the excess information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)