Sample moveset:
(optional)

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist

Pokemon: Volbeat
Type: Bug/Psychic
BST: 65 / 63 (-10) / 95 (+20) / 107 (+60) / 95 (+10) / 115 (+30) / (540 BST (+110))
Abilities: Illuminate / Tinted Lens / (Prankster)
New Moves: Psychic, Quiver Dance, Taunt
Justification/Niche: I thought using the Bug/Psychic type as an offensive type with multiple set-up options would fit well flavorwise. I decided Volbeat because it's one of the few pokemon who can naturally learn tail glow, one of the best set-up moves of the game. Then I asked myself what kept it in PU, to know his low SpA, Speed and lack of dual STABs. Well, the cool thing is that it now has a psychic stab in, well, psychic. I also gave him more raw power with +60 SpA and a little more speed to outclass most of OU speed tiers. To give him multiple set options and more versatility, I gave him QD, taunt and the talent Tinted Lens, as well as I kept Prankster. Volbeat now functions as a powerful set-up sweeper that could easily dig onto an unprepared team.

Sample moveset:
Volbeat @ Focus Sash
Ability : Tinted Lens / Prankster
EVs : 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow / Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic
- Taunt / Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball

===================

Pokemon: Maractus
Type: Psychic/Grass
BST: 95 (+20) / 125 (+39) / 102 (+35) / 46 (-60) / 102 (+35) / 91 (+31) / (561 BST (+100))
Abilities: Dazzling / Chlorophyl / (Magic Bounce)
New Moves: U-turn, Toxic Spikes, Zen Headbutt
Justification/Niche: Since Maractus main purpose is to be a lead, I upgraded it a little so it could shine even in higher tiers. First, I gave him better stats. Faster, bulkier and more physically-oriented (Even though it already was, kinda). I also gave new moves to help it to perform. Toxic Spikes is an easy pick, and I gave it U-turn to keep momentum and maybe be re-utlized in the game. Zen Headbutt is just another STAB. Final but not least, what truly helps Maractus here is his new talent: Magic Bounce. This makes him at the same time a lead and an anti-lead. Dazzling could also be great in certain situations. I think those changes will help Maractus to be a better option and to make it a better choice

Sample moveset:
Maractus @ Focus Sash
Ability : Magic Bounce
EVs : 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes / Toxic Spikes
- Endeavour
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn / Bullet Seed / Zen Headbutt / Toxic Spikes

===================

...that's it for the moment.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor

Pokemon: Gothitelle
Type:

Base Stats: 80 (+10) / 55 / 90 (-5) / 125 (+30) / 110 / 110 (+45) / 570 BST
Abilities: Frisk / Competitive / Magic Bounce
New Moves: Nasty Plot, Moonblast, Ice Beam
Justification/Niche: Faster, better Special Attack and gains more useful coverages. The banned Shadow Tag is replaced by a more reasonable Magic Bounce, giving more pressure for stalls who relies on Toxic and anyone attempting to use Taunt or entry hazards. It can also still runs the Competitive set, especially with access of Moonblast. You can also go BoltBeam with Thunderbolt + Ice Beam, but I would recommend to focus on coverage moves that does protect Gothitelle from threats such as Dark-types and most Ghost-types.

Pokemon: Exeggutor
Type:

Base Stats: 95 / 85 (-10) / 85 / 130 (+5) / 80 (+5) / 95 (+40) / 570 BST
Abilities: Chlorophyll / Mold Breaker / Harvest
New Moves: Calm Mind, Dazzling Gleam, Earth Power
Justification/Niche: With a more reasonable Speed and Mold Breaker as an option, with Calm Mind as a boost access, and Dazzling Gleam and Earth Power as coverage against the frequent Dark-type, Fire-type, Grass-resisting Rock-type and Steel-type. It can go crazy fast with Chlorophyll under the sun, or abuse the Berry consumption (especially Rest + Lum Berry). That it to say, it have many weaknesses, so you have to exploits its Bug-type weakness. You can run Mold Breaker if you don't want Unaware Hariyama/Musharna and Levitate Garbodor to ruin Exeggutor's days.

Pokemon: Beautifly
Type:

Base Stats: 75 (+15) / 120 (+50) / 75 (+25) / 120 (+20) / 75 (+25) / 105 (+40) / 570 BST
Abilities: Magic Guard / Technician / Tinted Lens
New Moves: Zen Headbutt, Air Slash, Swords Dance
Justification/Niche: Psychic/Bug is another bad defensive typing that can get crippled quickly. How to get around it, you tell me? By giving it both a great Attack and Special Attack with a more reasonable Speed, as well as better Abilities. This makes Beautifly unpredictable as it can become either a physical sweeper (although Technician is needed for Bug Bite, Aerial Ace/Acrobatics and Thief, the latter hit Steel neutrally and is SE against Ghosts), or a Special Attacker. U-Turn is useful regardless of your current set, and is especially helpful with Tinted Lens set to put a serious dent on even not-very-effective targets. Magic Guard is there if Stealth Rocks are your concerns and that you could not afford a Defogger on your team. Technician + Hidden Power is also very helpful, as it did for my winning Lunatone.

What do you think of any of them so far? Should I tone down any of them, or are they alright the way they are?

Pokemon: Beheyeem
Type:

Abilities: Prankster/Filter (Analytic)
Base Stats: 110 (+35) / 65 (-10) / 110 (+35) / 120 (+35) / 120 (+35) / 30 (-10) / 570 BST
New Moves: Strength Sap, Leech Seeds, Giga Drain
Niche: Prankster Strength Sap, Thunder Wave, Skill Swap, Recover, Leech Seedss... um, Trick Room still is slow. You do have to question this gift horse? His job is defensive Prankster. Watch out for Dark and U-Turns.

Pokemon: Dustox
Type:

Base Stats: 115 (+55)/45 (-5)/100 (+30)/120 (+70)/100 (+10)/90 (+25)
Abilities: Poison Heal (Tinted Lens)
New Moves: Stored Power, Psyshock, Thunderbolt
Niche: QD and Stored Power all day. If you think you'll be fine after 1 boost, then use Poison Heal. You'll probably want Tinted Lense's power, however to break Steel types.

Pokemon: Hypno
Type:

Base Stats: 115 (+30)/110 (+37)/80 (+10)/85(+12)/120(+5)/60(-7)
Abilities: Fur Coat, Insomnia (Magic Bounce)
New Moves: Mach Punch, Bulk Up, Slack Off
Niche: Either bulky or bouncy, Hypno's best niche is throwing off his enemies with either a Fur Coat or Magic Bounce set. From there, it becomes a bulky Physical Psychic type. What's with stat optimization leading to respectable bulk situations?

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Pokemon: Mew
Type:

Base Stats: 100 HP / 70 Atk / 100 Def / 100 SpA / 100 SpD / 100 Spe
Abilities: Magic Bounce | Sheer Force [HA: Prankster]
New Moves: Tail Glow, Sticky Web, Parting Shot
Niche: Mew only needed a new ability to shine, and now it has three!! With its practically infinite movepool it is the face of unpredictability. Defensive and offensive sets alike are really hard to beat.

Last edited:

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist

Pokemon: Butterfree
Type: Psychic/Bug
Stats: 60/45/85(+35)/135(+45)/95(15)/130(+60) BST: 570
Abilities: Compound Eyes/Prankster/Tinted Lens
New Moves: Hypnosis, Focus Blast, Sticky Web
Justification/Niche: Tired of those pesky Grass-Types always blocking your Sleep Powder? Well say no more! We've added Hypnosis to stop those pesky Grass types. Accurate Sleeps not good enough? Try Prankster! Always guaranteed to get at least one Sticky Web in there. Added Speed makes for quick Sleep Powders, plus the new Psychic type gives you access to STAB Dream Eater. Your defenses are low, however. so if you cant find a way to last longer against Rock or Dark matchups, you're in for a rough time. Sticky Web helps it by allowing Pokemon that are fast into getting slowed down and caught in Sleep. Oh yeah, it gets Quiver Dance too.

Pokemon: Unown
Type: Psychic
Stats: 87/87/87/135/87/87 BST: 570
Abilities: Protean
New Moves: Calm Mind, Synchronoise, Psychic
Justification/Niche: Congrats! Unown now has a complete Moveset! I couldnt make up my mind with this one, so i just went for what everybody thinks should happen. Protean Synchronoise. Though you can only become two types, it sure makes it hard for someone to hit, say, an Electric Type with only one weakness. with mediocre well, everything, you actually have a shot at being something. Sure, if you still want Specs/Scarf Unown you dont have to run Calm Mind, but its nice to become defensive for once.

Pokemon: Parasect
Type: Psychic/Grass
Stats: 100(+40)/155(+60)/120(+40)/95(+45)/120(+40)/30 BST: 570
Abilities: Effect Spore/Heatproof/Triage
New Moves: Psycho Cut, Block, Strength Sap
Justification/Niche: (Insert Mushroom joke here) Strength Sap and Spore make for an... Interesting bunch. as long as it can take a hit and use Spore, theres really nothing stopping it from recovering its health using Strength Sap and allowing the foe to be almost worthless with its Physical Moves. Priority Leech Life helps, too. Block lets you just stop your opponent from escaping while you lower all its stats, and Psycho Cut is for STAB

Pokemon: Meowstic
BST: 94 (+20) / 48 / 101 (+25) / 102 (+19) / 101 (+20) / 124 (+20) (BST: 570)
Abilities: Keen Eye / Technician / Prankster (Male HA), Sheer Force (Female HA)
New Moves: Focus Blast, Parting Shot, Recover
Removed Moves: N/A
Justification/Niche: Y'know, Meowstic had a good concept but the thing is soooooooooooooo bad. It's weak and frail, it's typing is meh, it lacks some coverage, and it struggles to find a niche. Let's fix that.
With newly buffed stats, Meowstic can fufill a rle no matter which gender you pick. If you want to use the defensively oriented Male Meowstic, you have great 94/101/101 bulk for walling, or if you want to use the offensive Female, you have nice 102 Special Attack + Sheer Force. Next, Meowstic gains Parting Shot, which can be really cool in combination with Prankster on Male Meowstic or on Choiced Female sets. Recover also helps Male Meowstic stay alive longer to properly wall. Meanwhile, Focus Blast is a deadly force when boosted by Sheer Force, giving much needed coverage for Dark-types. So now, with the two genders of Meowstic, you either get a really powerful Special nuke that can pivot or a potent wall that can pivot at a higher priority.
Sweeper's Worst Nightmare (Defensive)
Meowstic (M) @ Colbur Berry / Darkinium Z
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock / Signal Beam
- Recover
- Parting Shot
- Thunder Wave

Dual Screens
Meowstic (M) @ Light Clay / Mental Herb
Bold Nature
- Psyshock / Recover
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Parting Shot

Special Attacker
Meowstic-F (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind / Thunderbolt / Parting Shot

Pokemon: Meowstic
BST: 94 (+20) / 48 / 101 (+25) / 102 (+19) / 101 (+20) / 124 (+20) (BST: 570)
Abilities: Keen Eye / Technician / Prankster (Male HA), Sheer Force (Female HA)
New Moves: Focus Blast, Parting Shot, Recover
Justification/Niche: Y'know, Meowstic had a good concept but the thing is soooooooooooooo bad. It's weak and frail, it's typing is meh, it lacks some coverage, and it struggles to find a niche. Let's fix that.
With newly buffed stats, Meowstic can fufill a rle no matter which gender you pick. If you want to use the defensively oriented Male Meowstic, you have great 94/101/101 bulk for walling, or if you want to use the offensive Female, you have nice 102 Special Attack + Sheer Force. Next, Meowstic gains Parting Shot, which can be really cool in combination with Prankster on Male Meowstic or on Choiced Female sets. Recover also helps Male Meowstic stay alive longer to properly wall. Meanwhile, Focus Blast is a deadly force when boosted by Sheer Force, giving much needed coverage for Dark-types. So now, with the two genders of Meowstic, you either get a really powerful Special nuke that can pivot or a potent wall that can pivot at a higher priority.
Sweeper's Worst Nightmare (Defensive)
Meowstic (M) @ Colbur Berry / Darkinium Z
Bold Nature
- Psyshock / Signal Beam
- Recover
- Parting Shot
- Thunder Wave

Dual Screens
Meowstic (M) @ Light Clay / Mental Herb
Bold Nature
- Psyshock / Recover
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Parting Shot

Special Attacker
Meowstic-F (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind / Thunderbolt / Parting Shot
Please, like, teach me the ways of making the good stuffs ;-;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's my submissions! Finished now that its day two.

1516894396261.png

Pokemon: Deoxys
Type:
Old Stats: Variable, but 50 / 150 / 50 / 150 / 50 / 150 (600 BST)
New Stats: 65 (+15) / 120 (-30) / 50 / 130 (-20) / 80 (+30) / 120 (-30) (565 BST)
Abilities: Pressure (Normal) / Multiscale (Defense) / Speed Boost (Speed) / Tough Claws (Attack)
New Moves: Flamethrower, Head Smash, Bulk Up
Justification/Niche: I'm already prepared for this one to not make it through, but if Yoshiblaze can do something cool, goddamnit I'll do something cool too. i cant be outmatched by a Meowstic!

Basically, this Deoxys revolves around the concept of, rather than changing stats, changing its ability to something that fits the role it needs to play. Stats first, though. Deoxys is a bit more rounded, losing out in quite a bit of Attack, Special Attack, and Speed (but still top of its class) in return for decent gains into Special Defense and HP. The addition of Flamethrower makes it not have to rely on the fairly poor damage Hidden Power Fire, as well as just serving as a nice move in general. Head Smash is a nuke last-ditch-effort move with Deoxys's poor HP, meaning you can suicide out onto a specific threat and likely take them with you, namely in the Attack form. Bulk Up makes physical sets a bit more readily useful, now having a boosting move (as well as patching their poor Defense stat.

But, even more important than those changes are the abilities. Normal Deoxys keeps Pressure, for those who prefer a more natural ability (I suspect this won't be used often.) Defense form has Multiscale, allowing a free turn to Nasty Plot, Agility, Z-Move, or whatever you so desire - as long as you aren't face-to-face with a Knock Off'er with Mold Breaker. Speed has Speed Boost, pretty much guarenteeing that it's the fastest thing on the field after a single protect, also making it very effective at steamrolling out of control with a Nasty Plot - but is afraid of any priority. Attack has Tough Claws, making Zen Headbutt, the Elemental Punches, Superpower, and Head Smash a terrifying prospect for any attacker, but fears dying to recoil and priority. The lack of stat changes may seem to make Deoxys into a bit of an oddball compared to normal, but it effectively works as one pokemon with 4 different abilities.

Thanks to Yoshiblaze for stirring my creative juices on this one, you've definitely got my Psychic vote.

1516894359066.png

Pokemon: Vespiquen
Type: Bug / Psychic
Old Stats: 70 / 80 / 102 / 80 / 102 / 40 (474 BST)
New Stats: 90 (+20) / 95 (+15) / 52 (-50) / 120 (+40) / 120 (+18) / 80 (+40) (557 BST)
Abilities: Magic Guard / Illusion / Filter (HA)
New Moves: Psyshock, Ice Beam, Quiver Dance
Removed Moves: Defog, Roost
Justification/Niche: Bit burned out after that Deoxys explanation, thankfully this one is simpler. You ever seen the CAPmons Aurumoth? Well, Vespiquen here is that but a bit worse. Decent Speed tier, strong offenses, great Special Defense and HP offset by a weakness to Rocks and a pathetic Defense stat. Vespiquen appreciates extra coverage, but is still fairly linear, but can go mixed with U-Turn, Acrobatics, or Pursuit. Magic Guard blocks Rocks damage, Illusion can meme out a quick hit (also meaning the opponent is less likely to hit Super Effectively onto it), and Filter makes those SE hits less dangerous. Quiver Dance helps her have offensive potential, Psyshock is effective STAB, and Ice Beam patches up coverage issues and can hit Dragons and Grounds fairly effectively.

1516894415174.png

Pokemon: Lilligant
Type: Grass / Psychic
Old Stats: 70 / 60 / 75 / 110 / 75 / 90 (480 BST)
New Stats: 60 (-10) / 50 (-10) / 50 (-25) / 145 (+35) / 135 (+60) / 105 (+15) (545 BST)
Abilities: Queenly Majesty / Tinted Lens / Magic Bounce (HA)
New Moves: Psychic, Psyshock, Focus Blast
Justification/Niche: Similar to Vespiquen, Lilligant appreciates extra coverage, but already comes with Quiver Dance, freeing up room for an extra coverage move. This time, Queenly Majesty stops priority from ruining sweeps, Tinted Lens wallbreaks incredibly well despite only 3 offensive special moves being good bar Hidden Power, and Magic Bounce can make Lilligant into an effective Support mon. Her stat spread is now more geared into a very specific Special Attacker / Special Wall, with poor HP, Attack, and Defense but a massive rise in Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed in return. Psychic is strong STAB, Psyshock beats Chansey but loses to more physically defensive Fighting types (like most are), and Focus Blast can break past the Steels that will tend to be able to, defensively, trounce over Grass and Psychic coverage. Focus Blast is also most effective on a Tinted Lens set, Specs or Quiver Dance, since it appreciates still hitting hard on things that naturally resist, like brave Poison types.

Last edited:

Pokemon: Unown
Stats: 87/87/87/135/87/87 BST: 570
Abilities: Protean
New Moves: Calm Mind, Synchronoise, Psychic
Justification/Niche: Congrats! Unown now has a complete Moveset! I couldnt make up my mind with this one, so i just went for what everybody thinks should happen. Protean Synchronoise. Though you can only become two types, it sure makes it hard for someone to hit, say, an Electric Type with only one weakness. with mediocre well, everything, you actually have a shot at being something. Sure, if you still want Specs/Scarf Unown you dont have to run Calm Mind, but its nice to become defensive for once.
Protean is also banned for the purpose of this pet mod, because it invalidates the aim of the type combo optimisation/research.

Pokemon: Tsareena
Type:

BST:
80 Hp (+8)/130 Atk (+10)/100 Def (+2)/50 SpA/100 SpD (+2)/110 Spe (+32)/570 BST (+60)
Abilities:
Defiant / No Guard / Queenly Majesty (HA)
New Moves: Blaze Kick, Swords Dance & Stone Edge.
Justification/Niche:
Sample moveset:

Pokemon: Ariados
Type:

BST:
80 Hp (+10)/110 Atk (+20)/90 Def (+20)/60 SpA/90 SpD (+20)/140 Spe (+100)/570 BST (+180)
Abilities:
Strong Jaw / Intimidate / Mold Breaker (HA)
New Moves: Psychic Fangs, Fire Fang, U-Turn.
Justification/Niche:
Sample moveset:

Pokemon: Grumpig
Type:

BST:
110 Hp (+30)/45 Atk/90 Def (+25)/110 SpA (+20)/130 SpD (+20)/85 Spe (+5)/570 BST (+100)
Abilities:
Gluttony / Thick Fat / Magic Bounce (HA)
New Moves: Slack Off, Will-o-Wisp & Roar.
Justification/Niche:
Sample moveset:

Last edited:

Pokemon: Tsareena
Type:

BST:
80 Hp (+8)/130 Atk (+10)/100 Def (+2)/50 SpA/100 SpD (+2)/110 Spe (+32)/570 BST (+60)
Abilities:
Defiant / No Guard / Queenly Majesty (HA)
New Moves: Blaze Kick, Swords Dance & Stone Edge.
Justification/Niche:
Sample moveset:

Pokemon: Ariados
Type:

BST:
80 Hp (+10)/110 Atk (+20)/90 Def (+20)/60 SpA/90 SpD (+20)/130 Spe (+110)/570 BST (+180)
Abilities:
Strong Jaw / Intimidate / Mold Breaker (HA)
New Moves: Psychic Fangs, Fire Fang, U-Turn.
Justification/Niche:
Sample moveset:

Pokemon: Grumpig
Type:

BST:
110 Hp (+30)/45 Atk/90 Def (+25)/110 SpA (+20)/130 SpD (+20)/85 Spe (+5)/570 BST (+100)
Abilities:
Gluttony / Thick Fat / Magic Bounce (HA)
New Moves: Slack Off, Will-o-Wisp & Heart Swap.
Justification/Niche:
Sample moveset:
Ariados's BST is 560. His Speed went up by 90, not 110, as well.

Also, side note, Heart Swap most likely is a banned move as it is a legendary 'exclusive' move. Sure, Magearna also gets it, but Bolt Strike is on Zekrom and Victini, and we don't just fling that around onto mons.

Ariados's BST is 560. His Speed went up by 90, not 110, as well.

Also, side note, Heart Swap most likely is a banned move as it is a legendary 'exclusive' move. Sure, Magearna also gets it, but Bolt Strike is on Zekrom and Victini, and we don't just fling that around onto mons.
bolt strike is only on victini by event though, which makes it different imo

Pokemon: Oranguru
Type:
Psychic/Grass
Stats: 90/40/95/130/110/105
Abilities: Triage, Prankster, Magic Bounce
New Moves: Strength Sap, Giga Drain, Recover
Justification/Niche: Triage fun with new access to Strength Sap, and Giga Drain. Or you can go the Prankster Calm Mind + Recover route.

And now voting is here!

Please use this format and remember to have a vote for each category and remember, you can't vote for yourself. Anyone can vote though!

Psychic: Member's Pokemon
Psychic/Grass: Member's Pokemon
Psychic/Bug: Member's Pokemon

Voting ends on the 6th of February

Also you can't vote for DatHeatmor's Protean Unown. (Although points for the concept)

Ah sorry I also have to disqualitfy DatHeatmor 's Parasect because the the total stats are 620. I was thrown off the 570 in the template, and the stats looked funny and it was over the BST limit

Psychic: G-Luke's Mew
Psychic/Grass: DatHeatmor's Parasect
Psychic/Bug: Gojitar's Ariados
Sorry, Gravity Monkey you'll have to pick a new Psychic/Grass type.

As for my vote:

Psychic/Grass: PrincessGardevoir's Liligant
Psychic/Bug: Gojiratar's Ariados

Still 24 hours left to vote, hoping we get a few more votes in :)

There were some interesting submissions all around, it's too bad I can only vote one!

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
Ah sorry I also have to disqualitfy DatHeatmor 's Parasect because the the total stats are 620. I was thrown off the 570 in the template, and the stats looked funny and it was over the BST limit

Sorry, Gravity Monkey you'll have to pick a new Psychic/Grass type.

As for my vote:

Psychic/Grass: PrincessGardevoir's Liligant

Still 24 hours left to vote, hoping we get a few more votes in :)

There were some interesting submissions all around, it's too bad I can only vote one!
Fixed

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
I'm assuming i cant fix this, but would it be possible?

My votes:
Psychic: Dilasc's Hypno
Psychic/Grass: PrincessGardevoir's Lilligant

DatHeatmor Sorry I should have noticed sooner, but the voting's been open long enough now and doesn't look like there will be any more votes.

I think we should just move on to the next slate now since the voting period has ended.

So in saying that, congrats to our winners- G-Luke's Psychic Mew, PrincessGardevoir's Psychic/Grass Lilligant and Gojiratar's Psychic/Bug Ariados

And the next slate will be:

.:Slate 20:.

Ice/Normal, Ice/Bug, Ice/Dark

Submission Ends: 13th of February

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist

Pokemon: Ursaring
Type: Ice / Normal
BST: 110 (+20) / 145 (+15) / 100 (+25) / 75 / 100 (+25) / 40 (-15) / (BST: 570 (+70))
Abilities: Guts / Quick Feet / (Refrigirate)
New Moves: Quick Attack, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash
Justification/Niche: Finally, a good refrigirate user! With a stunning 145 base attack and a pretty interesting 40 speed, Ursaring now function as a really powerful TR abuser. As I said, it could run wonderfully well Refrigirate, but Guts is also a really interesting ability to use too with façade. Overall, this quick changes made Ursaring a more reliable pokemon.

Pokemon: Genesect
Type: Bug / Ice
BST: 71 / 125 (+5) / 65 (-30) / 125 (+5) / 65 (-30) / 106 (+7) / BST: 557 (-43)
Abilities: Steelworker
New Moves: Icicle Crash
Removed Moves: Explosion, Giga-Drain, Psychic, Tri-Attack, Zen Headbutt, Shift Gear, Shadow Claw, Flame Charge, Blazing Kick
Justification/Niche: Nerfing an Uber, yaaaay! To get Genesect more balanced, I had to see the things that made it OP at the first place. First, its incredible double-typing. Well, I was lucky, because Ice/Bug, a definitively worst defensive type than Ice/Steel. Second, it's stats. Genesect is incredibly strong, but also really bulky, and that's something you don't really want. I upgraded its offensive stats and decreased its defensive stats to be make him more like a glass cannon. I also changed Download with Steelworker for, well, flavor, but also to remove the insane power it could get from Download. Finally, I had to fix its biggest issue: Its movepool. Genesect have access to so much moves that some doesn't makes any sense. It's still a really strong pokemon, but balanced for a Type Optimisation metagame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)