Type Optimisation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just about 24 hours to go, so if you haven't finished your submissions, better finalise them soon G-Luke , PrincessGardevoir and possibly Samtendo09 ?

Pokemon: Parasect
Type: Bug/Grass
BST: 105 / 135 / 90 / 50 / 90 / 100
Abilities: Triage / Tinted Lens / Prankster
New Moves: Strength Sap, Horn Leech, Drain Punch
Justification/Niche: Use Triage to fire off priority draining moves like Leech Life and Horn Leech. Tinted Lens/Prankster can be used if you want to go for support sets.

Pokemon: Masquerain
Type: Bug/Ghost
BST: 70 / 100 / 80 / 115 / 85 / 120
Abilities: Intimidate / Tinted Lens / Regenerator
New Moves: Lunge, Spirit Shackle, Will-o-wisp
Justification/Niche: Those eye wings look like something a scary ghost type would have just to play tricks on people. You can run the usual Quiver Dance set, with Shadow Ball being a nice additional STAB. But you can run a different moveset using Intimidate/Regenerator for U-turn/Defog shenanigans. Or debuffing physical attackers like Fighting types with Intimidate and Lunge (as long as they don't have a Dark type move). WoW is a nice ghost-related status move that can cripple physical attackers even further. Spirit Shackle could be an interesting option to trap support-based Pokemon as you set up. Sure its Atk stat is lower and lacks boosting options, but it should be enough that the Bug type support moves have some power to them. Its typing has a nice niche where the Bug type resists Scrappy Fighting type moves and Ground type moved, so it has a nice role of using Intimidate to make users of these moves less of a threat to your team.

Pokemon: Yanmega
Type: Bug/Fire
BST: 95 / 60 / 105 / 120 / 80 / 110
Abilities: Tinted Lens, Drought, Speed Boost
New Moves: Fire Blast, Lava Plume, Tail Glow
Justification/Niche: Drought for team support and make Water hurt less. Tinted Lens Lava Plume would be interesting. Speed boost combined with Tail Glow makes up for lower Sp Atk compared to Volcarona and the lack of Quiver Dance. Basically a physically bulkier and faster Volcarona but with less immediate Sp Atk.

Last edited:
Don't worry there, aside from not doing justification for once, all of my submissions are complete.

Please use this format, vote for all 3 combinations, don't vote yourself, yada yada I'm certain all of you understand how voting works. Best of luck to everyone who submitted!

After a bit of discussion with Solarblade, throwing around a few ideas, we've mutually decided it'd be a decent idea, at least to test, to have a Slate suggestion! The next slate's primary typing will be Grass, and you are allowed to vote for secondary typings. There is a template at the bottom of this post for how to vote for slate suggestions, and you can choose up to three. Give us feedback on your thoughts on this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Voting Options (throwback saturday to when Solarblade did this at first:)
Bug/Grass- Solarblade's Parasect, Samtendo's Parasect, PrincessGardevoir's Ribombee, GravityMonkey's Volcarona, Gojiritar's Leavanny

Bug/Ghost- Solarblade's Masquerain, DatHeatmor's Vespiquen, AquaticPanic's Parasect, PrincessGardevoir's Durant, GravityMonkey's Golisopod, Gojiritar's Shedinja

Bug/Fire- Solarblade's Yanmega, DatHeatmor's Magcargo, AquaticPanic's Volbeat, Samtendo's Volcarona, PrincessGardevoir's Vikavolt, GravityMonkey's Ledian, Gojiritar's Volcarona
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the template that we'll be using:

Bug/Grass: Member's Pokemon
Bug/Ghost: Member's Pokemon
Bug/Fire: Member's Pokemon

Grass Slate Suggestions: Type / Type / Type

*A sidenote: Psychic, Rock, Fire, Electric, and pure Grass type combinations have already been used in previous slates, so votes for these will be discounted.*

Voting ends 8 PM tomorrow (I'm EST timezone)! I may also extend it to the day after's morning if I forget to close voting. hehe...
sendhelp

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
(re-)EDITED

Bug/Grass: Solarblade's Parasect
Bug/Ghost: AquaticPanic's Parasect
Bug/Fire: DatHeatmor's Magcargo

Steel / Dragon / Water

Last edited:

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
Bug/Grass: Solarblade's Parasect
Bug/Ghost: AquaticPanic's Parasect
Bug/Fire: AquaticPanic's Volbeat

Dragon / Ghost / Fairy

Bug/Grass: SolarBlade's Parasect
Bug/Ghost: GravityMonkey's Golisopod
Bug/Fire: Samtendo's Volcarona

For my first act of not consulting Solarblade, the Parasect with the most votes will be the winner. 2nd place for the type of Parasect that lost will be chosen over it. In further submissions, it'd be fantastic if you did not vote for the same mon in the same... uh, vote group. There isn't any problem with it now, since there wasn't any previous scenario to go off, but if you see two of the same Pokemon, only one version of it can be accepted in.

This is also why I was shaky, before getting actual power over anything, to have multiple people submitting for the same Pokemon. However, since this means that some wouldn't be able to change some of their favorite Pokemon (I'm still waiting for a slate where Milotic or Roserade pops up as something that makes sense), I don't care for repeat submissions.

If a typing reaches a tiebreaker vote, then my type votes will change to set a winner.
Dragon / Steel / Water

Voting ends in about 10 hours! Get in your last-minute voting changes or votes yourself! And remember, if you're a random joining in, feel free to vote! We all need more attention on this lil' pet mod here, so any singular vote counts.

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Bug/Grass: Gojiratar's Leavanny
Bug/Ghost: Solarblade's Masquerain
Bug/Fire: Gojiratar's Volcarona

Dragon / Flying / Ice

Sorry for the Parasect thing

Voting has finished not an hour too late!

As I expected, both Parasects were victorious for their typings, with SolarBlade's Parasect getting 5 of the 7 votes and AquaticPanic's getting 3 of the 7. However, since a rule I established a few hours ago exists now, SolarBlade's Parasect will be our winner.

I also nearly forgot about Aquatic's votes, but thankfully they didn't interfere with what would have won.

The winning submissions are:
Bug/Grass Solarblade's Parasect!
Bug/Ghost GravityMonkey's Golisopod!
and Bug/Fire DatHeatmor's Magcargo!

The list of accepted submissions will be updated as soon as SolarBlade gets back onto a computer.

And here, for the first Secondary Typing-voted Slate, we have:

Grass/Dragon, Grass/Water, and Grass/Flying!​

Remember to use the format listed on one of the first posts in this thread, and remember that even if you've never submitted before, you can still enter submissions here! Any and all are taken!

SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS THE 30TH!

panic deleted because i thought i double posted, we all make mistakes.

Last edited:

Pokemon: Meganium
Type:
/

BST: 110 (+30) / 75 (-7) / 100 / 105 (+22) / 100 / 80 | BST: 570
Abilities: Overgrow / Natural Cure / Water Absorb
New Moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Recover
Removed Moves: N/A
Justification/Niche: Great bulk, usable special attack, reliable recovery, along with good defensive abilities in Natural Cure and Water Absorb.

Pokemon: Ludicolo
Type:
/

BST: 80 / 110 (+40) / 70 / 110 (+20) / 100 / 100 (+30) | BST: 570
Abilities: Swift Swim / Rain Dish / Drizzle
New Moves: Aqua Jet, Nasty Plot, Liquidation
Justification/Niche: Even better Swift Swim Rain abuser that is decently fast outside of the rain as well, also can go physical or mixed to be more unpredictable and can set up with Nasty Plot or Swords Dance. Priority Aqua Jet is very useful for revenge killing.

Pokemon: Tropius
Type:
/

BST: 100 (+1) / 75 (+7) / 90 (+7) / 120 (+48) / 100 (+13) / 85 (+34) | BST: 570
Abilities: Chlorophyll / No Guard / Harvest
New Moves: Hurricane, Focus Blast, Calm Mind
Justification/Niche: No Guard with Hurricane and Focus Blast, Calm Mind can be used to set up, decent bulk for an offensively-oriented Pokemon.

Last edited:

Pokemon:
Serperior
Type:

BST: 75/75/115(+20)/75/115(+20)/113 | (568 BST)
Abilities: Contrary / Grass Pelt / Queenly Majesty
New Moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Rush, Fire Lash
Being one of the worst defensive typing's that comes to mind, Grass/Dragon I figured would need to be played somewhat aggressively. Serperiors Contrary Stab's do just that! High base speed and respectable bulk help it snowball into a major threat before anything can take advantage of its typing. On the other hand if you don't feel like being walled by steel types, Serp's access to Coil makes it a great sweeper alongside Dragon Rush, STAB and Fire Lash. The remaining abilities are to supplement the set up version, Grass Pelt for added recovery and defense, or protection from priority aka Ice Shard.

Pokemon: Victreebel
Type:

BST: 80/105/105(+40)/100/100(+30)/80(+10) | (570 BST)
Abilities: Thick Fat / Rain Dish / Water Compaction
New Moves: Scald, Liquidation, Taunt
Having a surprisingly good typing, a defensive support/utility mon came into mind. Adding in thick fat and Victreebel becomes a bulky switch in to some of the most common coverage in the metagame including Ice, Fire, Ground and a x4 resistance to water. Scald helps deter switching in on it and Taunt prevents set up and shuts down bulkier walls. The remaining abilities are used take advantage of its great typing in other ways. Rain Dish allows for use on rain teams. Water Compaction for those teams that desperately need a Water Mon Check/Counter.

Pokemon: Carnivine
Type:

BST: 104(+30)/130(+30)/72/90/72/102(+56) | (570 BST)
Abilities: Strong Jaw / Unburden / Stakeout
New Moves: Acrobatics, Psychic Fangs, Fire Fang
Again pretty horrible typing, so i went with the same "Hit you before you Hit me approach." Unburden makes Carn incredibly fast, while also boosting acrobatics. The extra HP helps Carn take advantage of the terrain seeds, bolstering a defense and activating unburden. Finally Carn can act as a decent Wall breaker with Strong Jaw boosted moves and maybe a Choice Band or Life Orb. Or to take advantage of your opponent bringing in a Carn Check, Stakeout can be used to hit them incredibly hard. Plus Stakeout just makes so much sense flavor text wise.

First time posting in this thread, hope i did well

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist

Pokemon: Cradily
Type:
/

BST: 118 (+32) / 80 (-1) / 118 (+21) / 90 (+9) / 132 (+25) / 42 (-1) (BST: 570 (+85) )
Abilities: Solid Rock / Suction Cups / (Multiscale)
New Moves: Scald, Parting Shot, King's Shield
Niche: Cradily has an incredible potential with its vast movepool and its pretty good stats. Sadly, it was ruined because of a really poor typing and a situational ability. But cry no more because Cradily's now gonna rock without its rock type (pun intended)! With an incredible support movepool, useful abilities, god-tier stats and Water/Grass typing, a great typing for defensive walls, Cradily will know be a real defensive threat.

Justification: Why water type? Cradily is in the Water 3 egg group. 'nuff said
Why Parting Shot, why King's Shield? Because I always felt that Cradily was somewhat imposant, royal (I mean, it has a crown — a tentacle crown is still a crown). It was even supposed to be dragon-typed at first (before I realize how bad of a defensive typing dragon/grass is)! Maybe this makes no sense at all for you, but for me it does.

Sample moveset:
Staller (Cradily) @ Leftovers
Ability : Multiscale / Solid Rock
EVs : 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Protect / King Shield
- Toxic / Leech Seeds
- Leech Seeds / Scald / Infestation

Defensive Pivot (Cradily) @ Leftovers
Ability : Multiscale
EVs : 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Parting Shot
- Scald / Giga-Drain
- King's Shield
- Recover / Leech Seeds

Pokemon: Shiftry
Type:
/

BST: 105 (+15) / 135 (+35) / 60 / 130 (+40) / 60 / 80 (BST: 570 (+90) )
Abilities: Swift Swim / Reckless / (Rock Head)
New Moves: Brave Bird, Wood Hammer, U-turn

Niche: So. This pokemon has two distinct niches. Niche one, a scarf pivot with either Rock Head or Reckless, depending on how edgy you are how much risk you want to take. Those sets are incredibly powerful in term of damage income, but Shiftry would still be a little slow when facing other scarf revenge killers. That's where niche two makes an entrance: Swif Swim sweeper. Under rain, this pokemon would be a beast : double speed, perfect accuracy hurricane and neutrality to fire moves. Maybe a little weaker than the previous set, it would still be incredibly threatening for something that doesn't resists it's STABs.

Justification: Why flying type? Shiftry is based off a Tengu, which is a wind/storm spirit. Flying type would be totally accurate for a mon like this. Swift swim also come from that "storm" idea.

Sample moveset:
Scarf (Shiftry) @ Choice Scarf
Ability : Rock Head / Reckless
EVs : 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch / Brick Break
- U-turn

Swift Swim (Shiftry) @ Choice Specs / Life Orb / Fightinium Z
Ability : Swift Swim
EVs : 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Energy Ball / Leaf Storm
- U-turn
- Focus Blast

Pokemon: Haxorus
Type:
/

BST: 86 (+10) / 147 / 90 / 60 / 80 (+10) / 107 (+10) (BST: 570 (+30) )
Abilities: Rivalry / Mold Breaker / (Intimidate)
New Moves: Leaf Blade / Dragon Hammer / Sleep Powder
Niche: Dragon Dance sweeper. Since, as stated before, Dragon/Grass is terrible defensively, I used it offensively. Using Intimidate or Sleep Powder, it can force a switch and have a turn to set-up. Then, you just have to sweep... until you face Celesteela or Skarmory. Also, Mold Breaker help this pokemon to get past Sturdy or Unaware users.

Justification: Why grass type? The plates around him kinda look like automn leaves. Also, it looks more like a dinosaur than a dragon, and dinosaurs are linked to nature. (Tbh, it's the only base Dragon-type pokemon I could find that could eventually have this typing. So... yeah. Grass type.)

Sample moveset:
Set Up Sweeper (Haxorus) @ Life Orb / Fightinium Z / Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker / Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Hammer / Leaf Blade
- Sleep Powder / Superpower / Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Superpower / Earthquake

Last edited:
Thanks for keeping this moving PrincessGardevoir

I should have taken account if the same Pokemon wins two types when I first made this Pet Mod, but I didn't foresee it back then. I think that's a good way of solving the issue without dragging it out.

Sorry AquaticPanic though, I really like your Parasect, too :(

As for the winning submission I will add the to the Hall of Fame when my internet becomes properly connected. This forum isn't kind to my mobile device.

Also finally, just adding to the current slate that submissions end 30th March

Pokemon: Exeggutor-Alola
Type:

BST: 95 Hp/125 Atk (+20)/95 Def (+10)/125 SpA/95 SpD (+20)/35 Spe (-10)
Abilities: Harvest / Rock Head / Triage (HA)
New Moves: Horn Leech, Nasty Plot & Earth Power.
Justification/Niche: l8er
Sample moveset: (optional)

Helloo this is my first time doing this ^^ so let me know if im doing anything wrong, anyways here are my submissions

Pokemon: Tangrowth
Type: Grass/Water
BST: 100/80(-20)/125/110/115(+65)/40(-10) (570 bst)
Abilities: Thick Fat, Bulletproof, Regenerator (HA)
New Moves: Scald, Muddy Water, Ice beam
Removed: null
Niche: A defensive monster with a godly typing with three amazing defensive abilities, from thicc fat giving resistances to bulletproof giving immunity to common moves like shadow ball, focus blast and such, to regenerator. And its not passive either, with access to scald, leech seed, knock off, beam and sleep powder this mon will be sure to annoy the opponent in every matchup

Justification: Why? Cause Tangrowth remind me of those watery vines in swamps and his body looks like a thicc armor of vines so i thought water typing, thicc fat, bulletproof could all make sense to some extent on him

Sample set:
Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

Pokemon: Jumpluff
Type: Grass/Flying
BST: 90(+15)/128(+78)/85(+15)/45(-10)/85(-5)/137(+27) (570 bst)
Abilities: Aerliate, Technician, Drought (HA)
New Moves: Solar Blade, Needle Arm, Flame Wheel
Niche: A fast offensive non mega aerliate user or a weather setter that takes advantage of its own sun and in general just hit hard, can also take a more pivotal role with 90/85/85 using strength sap and memes or function as its own sweeper with sd and tech attacks, heatran gives it a hard time though

Justification: Why? Cause jumpluff is air imo, so aerliate would fit themitcally, plus i feel like jumpluff would be funny to fit as the super quick phys attacker despite the ironic cotton arms (credits to moveset supporting this idea), and uhh its round and wheels flaming are round soo

Sample set:
Jumpluff
Ability: Drought
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance/U-turn
- Solar Blade/Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- Flame Wheel
A nice offensive weather setter that can either dish out damage or support team with sleep powder

Jumpluff @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician/Aerliate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace/Return/Double Edges
- Needle Arm/Seed Bomb
- Flame wheel
A technician sweeper, takes advantage of its new tech boosted moves and set up or nuke with +2 Aerliated Double Edges

Pokemon: Drampa
Type: Grass/Dragon
BST: 74(-4)/60/91(+6)/145/91/109(+73) (570 bst)
Abilities: Sheer Force, Berserk, Cloud Nine (HA)
New moves: null
Niche: a broken special wall breaker which destroys balance and bullies offense with sticky web support and endless coverage + sheerorb combo, not only that but it does very well against weather based offense thanks to its cloud nine ability too

Justification: i always thought of drampa of a sacred forest dragon guardian that protects the forest, so i think the grass typing reflects that well

Sample set:
Drampa @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Energy Ball
- Flamethrower
- Roost

Edit: removed a move from jumpluff

Last edited:

Tropius
Type
:

Ability: Harvest / Leaf Guard / HA: Thick Fat
Old Stats: 99 / 68 / 83 / 72 / 87 / 51 (BST 460)
New Stats: 125 / 83 / 102 / 111 / 112 / 37 (BST 570)
Added Moves: Hurricane, Dragon Tail, Earth Power
Justification/Niche: WIP

Last edited:
Pokemon: Decidueye
Old Stats: 78 / 107 / 75 / 100 / 100 / 70 (530 BST)
New Stats: 95 (+17) / 110 (+3) / 75 / 90 (-10) / 120 (+20) / 80 (+10) (570 BST)
Abilities: Adaptability / Gale Wings / Magic Guard (HA)
New Moves: Power Whip, Hurricane, Earthquake

Justification: He's a bird. Why does he lose his flying type. Why.

Niche: Gale. Wings. The return of Gen 6 Talonflame in a new owl-y form has come, and he is here to reign holy hell from hell above. If you give Talonflam- I mean, Decidueye, a free turn to Swords Dance in front of you, be prepared to send in the flying resist not named Heatran - after all, Talon- fuck, Decidueye has Earthquake! With a slightly higher Attack, improved Special bulk, and other abilities in Adaptability to boost Power Whip or Leaf Blade, your choice, and Magic Guard to block hazard and burn damage, Tal- oh fuck it, he's Smogbird now. Smogbird becomes an offensive powerhouse which also appreciates fighting most special attackers. Nasty Plot also exists, but his special attack is a wee bit lower (Hurricane is a nice option for Gale Wings, though.) Just be wary of Ice moves, Rocks if not Magic Guard, and anything named Fire Blast.

Pokemon: Kingdra
Old Stats: 75 / 95 / 95 / 95 / 95 / 85 (540 BST)
New Stats: 70 (-5) / 95 / 85 (-10) / 115 (+20) / 105 (+10) / 100 (+15) (570 BST)
Abilities: Swift Swim / Chlorophyll / Sniper (HA)
New Moves: Giga Drain, Leaf Blade, Calm Mind

Justification: Kingdra (and by extension, Dragalgae) are based off Weedy Sea Dragons. While this obviously makes it a good idea for a Dragon type, we also can take the 'Weedy' and 'Sea' parts of its name. I also quite like Kingdra, and wish it wasn't doomed to becoming slowly irrelevant since its stats get worse-looking every gen.

Niche: Dual-weather wrath-slayer upon metagames. In Rain, Hydro Pump remains extremely potent while you aren't entirely helpless in Sun anymore - If the weather gets set up, doom is called upon all who dare think it's a Swift Swim Kingdra - after all, you now have +2 speed in Sun with Chlorophyll, and a way to boost Special Attack! Calm Mind seems like an addition that makes perfect sense - after all, Kingdra is namely a Special Attacker through and through - But with the ability to run in dual weathers, Kingdra appreciates it even more. Dragon Dance sets are also still viable, with Waterfall and Leaf Blade making fine STAB options alongside a possible Resto Chesto set or, as I would like to call, the 'Greatest Lure in the World' - Watmel/Salac Berry Natural Gift for a base 100 power lure Fire/Fighting coverage move. Yeah. On the downside, Kingdra has slightly worse bulk than previous gens, namely its physical bulk, but its mixed roles as a physical and special cleaner should suffice.

Old Stats: 80 / 82 / 100 / 83 / 100 / 80 (525 BST)
New Stats: 120 (+40) / 70 (-12) / 120 (+20) / 90 (+7) / 120 (+20) / 50 (-30) (570 BST)
Abilities: Contrary / Bulletproof / Poison Heal (HA)
New Moves: Draco Meteor, Earth Power, Calm Mind

Justification: Meganium is one of the saddest Pokemon out there: A mediocre start that slowly fades into complete obscurity, even held back in cuteness by his prevolution Bayleef. This should help him out a bit.

Niche: Meganium has centered itself around supporting its team for generations now, with old reaches into Dual Screens and Cleric abilities to modern day PU with Giga Drain, Dragon Tail for Phazing, and sticking to Cleric + Synthesis roles. In an odd twist onto this, we add bulk onto Meganium - catching it up to modern stall standards alongside premier walls like Cresselia and Sableye-Mega - while also improving on the one thing Meganium lacks, power and coverage. Contrary Leaf Storm and Draco Meteor can very quickly start making Meganium an offensive powerhouse, with Earth Power to hit nearly every Steel, namely Heatran. However, if Contrary isn't your forte, Bulletproof can be run on standard clerical sets to block Sludge Bombs, Focus Blast, and Shadow Ball with a physical defensive set to prevent most common special attacks, and Poison Heal Calm Mind can be used to slowly build up a wall that becomes impossible to kill. You still do lose to Ice moves at all scenarios, especially Revamped Cryogonal with STAB Flying and Ice moves, and Sludge Bomb without Bulletproof.

Pokemon: Decidueye
Old Stats: 78 / 107 / 75 / 100 / 100 / 70 (530 BST)
New Stats: 95 (+17) / 110 (+3) / 75 / 90 (-10) / 120 (+20) / 80 (+10) (570 BST)
Abilities: Adaptability / Gale Wings / Magic Guard (HA)
New Moves: Power Whip, Hurricane, Earthquake

Justification: He's a bird. Why does he lose his flying type. Why.

Niche: Gale. Wings. The return of Gen 6 Talonflame in a new owl-y form has come, and he is here to reign holy hell from hell above. If you give Talonflam- I mean, Decidueye, a free turn to Swords Dance in front of you, be prepared to send in the flying resist not named Heatran - after all, Talon- fuck, Decidueye has Earthquake! With a slightly higher Attack, improved Special bulk, and other abilities in Adaptability to boost Power Whip or Leaf Blade, your choice, and Magic Guard to block hazard and burn damage, Tal- oh fuck it, he's Smogbird now. Smogbird becomes an offensive powerhouse which also appreciates fighting most special attackers. Nasty Plot also exists, but his special attack is a wee bit lower (Hurricane is a nice option for Gale Wings, though.) Just be wary of Ice moves, Rocks if not Magic Guard, and anything named Fire Blast.

Pokemon: Kingdra
Old Stats: 75 / 95 / 95 / 95 / 95 / 85 (540 BST)
New Stats: 70 (-5) / 95 / 85 (-10) / 115 (+20) / 105 (+10) / 100 (+15) (570 BST)
Abilities: Swift Swim / Chlorophyll / Sniper (HA)
New Moves: Giga Drain, Leaf Blade, Calm Mind

Justification: Kingdra (and by extension, Dragalgae) are based off Weedy Sea Dragons. While this obviously makes it a good idea for a Dragon type, we also can take the 'Weedy' and 'Sea' parts of its name. I also quite like Kingdra, and wish it wasn't doomed to becoming slowly irrelevant since its stats get worse-looking every gen.

Niche: Dual-weather wrath-slayer upon metagames. In Rain, Hydro Pump remains extremely potent while you aren't entirely helpless in Sun anymore - If the weather gets set up, doom is called upon all who dare think it's a Swift Swim Kingdra - after all, you now have +2 speed in Sun with Chlorophyll, and a way to boost Special Attack! Calm Mind seems like an addition that makes perfect sense - after all, Kingdra is namely a Special Attacker through and through - But with the ability to run in dual weathers, Kingdra appreciates it even more. Dragon Dance sets are also still viable, with Waterfall and Leaf Blade making fine STAB options alongside a possible Resto Chesto set or, as I would like to call, the 'Greatest Lure in the World' - Watmel/Salac Berry Natural Gift for a base 100 power lure Fire/Fighting coverage move. Yeah. On the downside, Kingdra has slightly worse bulk than previous gens, namely its physical bulk, but its mixed roles as a physical and special cleaner should suffice.

Old Stats: 80 / 82 / 100 / 83 / 100 / 80 (525 BST)
New Stats: 120 (+40) / 70 (-12) / 120 (+20) / 90 (+7) / 120 (+20) / 50 (-30) (570 BST)
Abilities: Contrary / Bulletproof / Poison Heal (HA)
New Moves: Draco Meteor, Earth Power, Calm Mind

Justification: Meganium is one of the saddest Pokemon out there: A mediocre start that slowly fades into complete obscurity, even held back in cuteness by his prevolution Bayleef. This should help him out a bit.

Niche: Meganium has centered itself around supporting its team for generations now, with old reaches into Dual Screens and Cleric abilities to modern day PU with Giga Drain, Dragon Tail for Phazing, and sticking to Cleric + Synthesis roles. In an odd twist onto this, we add bulk onto Meganium - catching it up to modern stall standards alongside premier walls like Cresselia and Sableye-Mega - while also improving on the one thing Meganium lacks, power and coverage. Contrary Leaf Storm and Draco Meteor can very quickly start making Meganium an offensive powerhouse, with Earth Power to hit nearly every Steel, namely Heatran. However, if Contrary isn't your forte, Bulletproof can be run on standard clerical sets to block Sludge Bombs, Focus Blast, and Shadow Ball with a physical defensive set to prevent most common special attacks, and Poison Heal Calm Mind can be used to slowly build up a wall that becomes impossible to kill. You still do lose to Ice moves at all scenarios, especially Revamped Cryogonal with STAB Flying and Ice moves, and Sludge Bomb without Bulletproof.
Gale Wings was nerfed

Pokemon: Corsola
Type:

BST: 95 HP / 85 Attack / 125 Def / 105 Sp. Atk / 125 Sp. Def / 35 Speed (BST: 530)
Abilities: Rough Skin / Natural Cure / Regenerator (HA)
New Moves: Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Energy Ball
Removed Moves: Stealth Rock
Justification: It's based on coral.

Last edited:
NOO how did i not think of corsola my favourite, crap

To not make this a oneliner, what are the general rules about mons that were already optimized? Can u use them again in a different slate? and if not, is there a list of them so u can avoid them?

This is my first time writing up ideas in this format so apologies if I made any mistakes here :(

Pokemon: Shiftry
Type:
1522342238906.png
1522342246807.png

BST: 90(+0)/140(+40)/40(-20)/130(+40)/40(-20)/130(+50)
Abilities: Prankster/Unburden/Chlorophyll
New Moves: Earthquake/Acrobatics/Parting Shot
Removed Moves: None

Shiftry is known for being as fast as the wind.... yet still has 80 Speed (why). Along with the changes from Shiftry's largely useless Dark typing in favor of the more offensive Flying type, Shiftry is now a terrifying sweeper and an amazing support Pokemon that can either boost its speed to ridiculous levels thanks to Unburden, able to support the team with Prankster Leech Seed, Tailwind, and Parting Shot and can fit both Rain and Sun Teams thanks to Hurricane and Solarbeam.
Sample moveset:

Silent Killer
Shiftry @ Normal Gem
Ability: Unburden
EV: 252 Atk/4SpA/252Spe
-Fake Out
-Acrobatics
-Leaf Blade
-Earthquake

Pokemon: Serperior
Type:
1522342238906.png
1522343846166.png

BST: 60(-15)/100(+25)/100(+5)/125(+50)/50(-45)/135(+22)
Abilities: Contrary/Shed Skin/Poison Heal
New Moves: Draco Meteor/Superpower/Spore
Removed Moves: None

Serperior was based around many types of lizard and it's meant to represent royalty and superiority. With these traits I think a Dragon Typing is ideal to have.,
The only thing Serperior really lacks was a boost in its Special Attack (75 Special Attack is suffering) and Speed (113, which is alright). However, not only Serperior now has hugely boosted Special Attack and Speed, it also managed to keep its Attack and Defense at a passable level , taking the hits only in HP and Special Defense. Also it gained Draco Meteor and Superpower to raise its Special Attack and Spore to make for the ultimate killing dragon.

Sample moveset:

Smugleaf Strikes Again
Serperior @ Lum Berry
Ability: Contrary
EV: 4 HP/252SpA/252Spe
-Spore
-Leaf Storm
-Draco Meteor
-Superpower

Pokemon: Dhelmise
Type:
1522342238906.png
1522344748839.png

BST: 110(+40)/130(-1)/110(+10)/80(-6)/110(+20)/30(-10)
Abilities: Steelworker/Prankster/Rain Dish
New Moves: Liquidation/Leech Seed/Stealth Rock
Removed Moves: All Ghost-Type moves

Dhelmise has always been an odd Pokemon from its typing and ability to its stats. In my opinion, the whole Ghost typing was kind of lazy and didn't make much sense as Grass/Steel or Grass/Water and so I have edited it out to be Grass/Water, but kept Steelworker as a nod to its anchor.

With its new typing, Dhelmise becomes stall team's favourite pokemon to use, due to its new moves and with the new ability Prankster. With it, Dhelmise can run many different sets with Stealth Rock/Leech Seed/Toxic/Rapid Spin/Synthesis/Knock Off to be a nightmare to deal with. In Rain teams it can have a great recovery option with Rain Dish, allowing it to survive for a long time and deal alot of damage with Liquidation.
Sample moveset:

Stuck in your heart
Dhelmise @ Leftovers
Ability: Pranskter
EV: 252 HP/4Def/252SpD
-Stealth Rock
-Synthesis
-Liquidation
-Leech Seed

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)