Type Optimisation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time writing up ideas in this format so apologies if I made any mistakes here :(

Pokemon: Shiftry
Type: View attachment 108216View attachment 108217
BST: 90(+0)/140(+40)/40(-20)/130(+40)/40(-20)/130(+50)
Abilities: Prankster/Unburden/Chlorophyll
New Moves: Earthquake/Acrobatics/Parting Shot
Removed Moves: None

Shiftry is known for being as fast as the wind.... yet still has 80 Speed (why). Along with the changes from Shiftry's largely useless Dark typing in favor of the more offensive Flying type, Shiftry is now a terrifying sweeper and an amazing support Pokemon that can either boost its speed to ridiculous levels thanks to Unburden, able to support the team with Prankster Leech Seed, Tailwind, and Parting Shot and can fit both Rain and Sun Teams thanks to Hurricane and Solarbeam.
Sample moveset:

Silent Killer
Shiftry @ Normal Gem
Ability: Unburden
EV: 252 Atk/4SpA/252Spe
-Fake Out
-Acrobatics
-Leaf Blade
-Earthquake

Pokemon: Torterra
Type: View attachment 108216View attachment 108221
BST: 110(+15)/110(+1)/140(+35)/50(-25)/110(+25)/50(-6)
Abilities: Intimidate/Shed Shell/Own Tempo
New Moves: Spiky Shield/Petal Dance/Outrage

Torterra is usually shafted due to its middling bulk and an awful typing. While it makes sense that Torterra can be a Grass/Ground type, it also resembles the dragon monsters you see in Monster Hunter, and a Grass/Dragon typing would also make just as sense.
With a solid boost to its defenses and a slightly better typing, Torterra can come in ridiclously bulky with Intimidate, forcing the opponent to either switch or try to cripple it. Torterra can also forgo the attack drop from Intimidate and either be more resistant to status effects thanks to Shed Shell, or it can be a terrifying Trick Room sweeper with Own Tempo Petal Dance and Outrage.
Sample moveset:

Mega Groundshaker
Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Shell
EV: 252 HP/4Def/252SpD
-Spiky Shield
-Seed Bomb
-Rest
-Heavy Slam

Pokemon: Dhelmise
Type: View attachment 108216View attachment 108223
BST: 110(+40)/130(-1)/110(+10)/80(-6)/110(+20)/30(-10)
Abilities: Steelworker/Prankster/Rain Dish
New Moves: Liquidation/Leech Seed/Stealth Rock
Removed Moves: All Shadow-Type moves

Dhelmise has always been an odd Pokemon from its typing and ability to its stats. In my opinion, the whole Ghost typing was kind of lazy and didn't make much sense as Grass/Steel or Grass/Water and so I have edited it out to be Grass/Water, but kept Steelworker as a nod to its anchor.

With its new typing, Dhelmise becomes stall team's favourite pokemon to use, due to its new moves and with the new ability Prankster. With it, Dhelmise can run many different sets with Stealth Rock/Leech Seed/Toxic/Rapid Spin/Synthesis/Knock Off to be a nightmare to deal with. In Rain teams it can have a great recovery option with Rain Dish, allowing it to survive for a long time and deal alot of damage with Liquidation.
Sample moveset:

Stuck in your heart
Dhelmise @ Leftovers
Ability: Pranskter
EV: 252 HP/4Def/252SpD
-Stealth Rock
-Synthesis
-Liquidation
-Leech Seed
Cool subs, but Torterra has already done :p. Also, Shadow isn't a type, I'm sure you meant Ghost.

Cool subs, but Torterra has already done :p. Also, Shadow isn't a type, I'm sure you meant Ghost.

asdfghhjk been wanting that XD Sequel so bad that it affected my speech D:

Also I'll come up with a new Grass/Dragon then, no biggie :D Thanks for checking it out!

EDIT: And fixed!

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor

Pokemon:
Tropius
Type:

BST: 109 (+10) / 108 (+40) / 93 (+10) / 102 (+30) / 92 (+5) / 66 (+15) | (570 BST)
Abilities: Chlorophyll / Solar Power | Harvest
New Moves: Draco Meteor, Iron Head, Flash Cannon
Intended Role(s): Although a double weakness of Ice is obnoxious, Revamped Tropius can use coverage moves to get rid of them. A double resistance of both Water and Electric are also very useful when trying to deal with Rain team. The main use of it, however, is the reliance of the Sun weather, but its various Abilities will all benefit from the Sun; Chlorophyll to become a physical Sweeper (it can learn Dragon Dance for your information), Solar Power as a Special Tank, or even Harvest for some annoying Rest + Chesto Berry combo. It can also do utility moves like Toxic, Defog, Leech Seed, Natural Gift (if you wanna go with Harvest) and even a mixed tank with Growth. Just as long as you put it on the sun and take down weather-setting and Super Effective threats, Tropius can function well in any of its intended roles.

Pokemon:
Ludicolo
Type:

BST: 100 (+20) / 70 / 80 (+10) / 120 (+30) / 130 (+30) / 70 | (570 BST)
Abilities: Shift Swim / Rain Dish | Hydration
New Moves: Earth Power, Thunderbolt, Recover
Intended Role(s): Ludicolo would be an interesting member for the Rain-team, but it is held back by mediocre base stats. Now it can functions as either a wall or a fast Special Sweeper. It can use Scald to burn foe and to compensate its lower Defense (but does that cannot be burned or that have Guts would not be worried of it), or Hydro Pump for more power. Thunderbolt is an appreciable coverage against multiple Flying-type, as well as Water-type that does not worries about Grass-type STAB. Finally, it got Recover to recover HP, which is painful to deal with when combining with Leech Seed, and even more so with Rain Dish or Hydration during the rain, but this set can be shut down by Taunt.

Pokemon:
Jumpluff
Type:

BST: 100 (+25) / 115 (+60) / 80 (+10) / 50 (-5) / 95 / 130 (+20) | (570 BST)
Abilities: Chlorophyll / Aerilate | Infiltrate
New Moves: Earthquake, Wild Charge, Parting Shot
Intended Role(s): This stat spread is not what do you expect from a fluffy Pokémon like Jumpluff, did you? Here's the twist; since it can use Swords Dance, U-Turn, Double-Edge (which compliments Aerilate well), Seed Bomb and Bounce, I don't see why not making it a Physical sweeper. Grass/Flying is a bad defensive type so I kept its Speed but only increase its Base Defense by 10, but this is because it can use either Cotton Guard or Strength Sap (which will likely to fully heal Jumpluff when used on a Pokémon with good Attack). Its high speed of 130 can also outspeed multiple non-Scarf variants, and can even outrun virtually everything under the sun with Chlorophyll. Infiltrate is when you wanted to deal with annoying Substitute spammers, most notably Toxapex. Wild Charge is to take care of Flying-type, especially Skarmory and Celesteela.

Last edited:
Welcome Djqubi, Calucha, and (bit late to you but) Lord Helix! Nice to see a familiar face in you, Helix. But to all three of you, best of luck with your submissions and, once again, the warmest of welcomes to our little abode.

Now, for a few notes I've got:

Pokemon: Corsola
Type:

BST: 95 HP / 95 Attack / 125 Def / 105 Sp. Atk / 125 Sp. Def / 35 Speed (BST: 530)
Abilities: Rough Skin / Natural Cure / Regenerator (HA)
New Moves: Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Energy Ball
Removed Moves: Stealth Rock
Justification: It's based on coral.
Heads up, your Corsola has a BST of 580. In addition to needing an update on the submission itself if you wish to include it, you also need to lower Corsola's BST by 10 in order to meet our requirements. Good idea though.

Tropius
Type
:

Ability: Harvest / Leaf Guard / HA: Thick Fat
Old Stats: 99 / 68 / 83 / 72 / 87 / 51 (BST 460)
New Stats: 125 / 83 / 103 / 111 / 112 / 37 (BST 570)
Added Moves: Hurricane, Dragon Tail, Earth Power
Justification/Niche: WIP
Similar issue here, but this time you're at 571 BST. It's nice to see non 5 or 0 numbers for the end of a stat (ala his 83 Attack and 103 Defense), but be careful adding them up. I also could be wrong, so correct me if I am.

Gale Wings was nerfed
Indeed it was, but it's still an option. With recovery, actual defenses, etc. and a low speed he can take a special hit, roost, then get free priority on Brave Bird or Hurricane with +2 setup from SD or NP.

Finally, a reminder that all submissions are finalized in 24 hours and 30 minutes from this being posted, 8 PM EST time. I don't think this should interfere with anyone's submissions, but for those listed here which need BST changes or those deciding on final changes for their own, understand that they end within a day.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader

Abilities: Contrary/Shed Shell/Poison Heal
Shed Shell's an item. I believe you meant Shed Skin. Cool sub tho.

Pokemon: Cacturne
Type:

BST: 90 / 120 / 110 / 120 / 110 / 20 (570 BST)
Abilities: Rough Skin / Prankster (Skill Link)
New Moves: Liquidation, Water Shuriken, Scald
Justification: It's a cactus. They store water inside them. The only other option was Maractus but I want coverage
Nieche: This mon works both defensively and offensively pretty well. It has both SD and Nasty Plot, making it even more unpredictable, Having good coverage on either sides (Physical being better, but Special has Nature Power to work with Terrain Teams). It also has the moves to be a potental Stall mon, with things such as Leech Seed, Spiky Shield, Scald, Giga Drain, Seismic Toss and Foul Play. It's got other great moves too, such as Spikes, Encore, Disable, Switcheroo and Destiny Bond.

All 3 abilities are useful for something too. Rough Skin is for Stall sets to work in a simillar way that Ferrothorn does, stacking up damage with Spiky Shield, Leech Seed and possibly Rocky Helmet. Prankster can be used in utility sets, for priority on Encore, Destiny bond and, in Terrain teams, even Nature Power. Skill Link is the main offensive ability, having a great sinergy with Bullet Seed, Pin Missile for coverage and Water Shuriken for a fantastic priority move.
Sample movesets:

Cacturne @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed
- Foul Play
- Synthesis / Counter / Scald

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Liquidation
- Pin Missile
- Water Shuriken

Cacturne @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Water Shuriken

Cacturne @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Pin Missile / Low Kick
- Liquidation

Cacturne @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Liquidation

Pokemon: Simisage
Type: Grass/Dragon
BST: 75/122/63/122/63/125 (570 BST)
Abilities: Solar Power, Mold Breaker
New Moves: Dragon Pulse, Dragon Claw, Wood Hammer
Role: This simisage is a pretty good fast mixed attacker. Grass/Dragon is a pretty offensive typing. For abilities, Solar Power is more useful when running a special set or on a sun team. Mold Breaker is general best ability for it since it don’t have to worry about abilities. The main thing that is holding it back is a lack of good coverage moves.

Pokemon: Carnivine
Type:
/

BST: 104(+30)/130(+30)/72/70(-20)/72/122(+76) | (570 BST)
Abilities: Intimidate (Adaptability)
New Moves: Outrage, Dragon Dance, Petal Blizzard

As a Snap Dragon, this thing should have Strong Jaw, but has no STAB to abuse the combo with. Instead, this Snap Dragon Dances (heh) to murder its enemies. Focuses so fully on Physical beatdown that it cannot seem to even pretend to enjoy Draco Meteor which it doesn't get.

Pokemon: Tsareena
Type:
/

BST: 132(+60)/130(+10)/108(+10)/25(-25)/108(+10)/67(-5)
Abilities:
Queenly Majesty/Rain Dish (Regenerator)
New Moves: Leech Seeds, Liquidate, Aqua Jet

Annoying is the name of the game. If Ludicolo wanted to be good, it shoulda had better stats, as its movepool is fantastic while this thing... isn't. Stat buffs help a ton. The ability to Trop Kick or Leech Seed any switchin means you can keep some big momentum.

Pokemon: Fearow
Type:
/

BST: 80(+15)/125(+30)/80(+15)/61/71(+10)/133(+33) (550)
Abilities: Tough Claws/Intimidate Sniper (Hidden)
New Moves: Sword Dance, Leaf Blade, Horn Leech

Lives in the forest... just go with it. I'd rather butcher a Normal/Flying than a Grass/Flying. Swift and strong, compared to other fast birds, Fearow still lacks Brave Bird, hurting its damage potential a bit. Tough Claws brings Drill Peck's power on par with unboosted Braves. Add some Leaf Blade and combine with some coverage from Drill Run or... Throat Chop...? It's a strong attacker but a bit one dimensional. Skarmory and Celesteela wall it to hell and back.

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist

Pokemon:
Sceptile
Type:
/

BST: 70/122(+37)/70(+10)/118(+13)/85/120 BST: 570
Abilities: Justified / Defiant / Unburden
New Moves: Dragon Dance, Draco Meteor, Nasty Plot
Justification/Niche: Most Likely a Speedy All-Out Attacker with the added ability to either use White Herb when hit with Sticky webs to activate Unburden, or use Defiant to Boost it's attack. Justified suits it pretty well, too.

Pokemon:
Victreebel
Type:
/

BST: 118(+38))/115(+20)/71(+6)/115(+15)/76(+6)/75(+5) BST: 570
Abilities: Water Absorb / Swift Swim / Chlorophyll
New Moves: Hydro Pump, Rain Dance, Glare
Justification/Niche: As a pitcher plant, Victreebel is naturally holding tons of water to attract prey. An here comes the best part: Its the Anti-Sun. Chlorophyll is used to punish sun abusers, with giving an edge with Weather Ball and Sun combo, as well as bejng able to counter sun with its own Rain Dance.

Pokemon:
Whimsicott
Type:
/

BST: 60/67/105(+20)/127(+50)/95(+20)/116 BST: 570
Abilities: Prankster / Infiltrator / Aerilate
New Moves: Tri Attack, Copycat, Hyper Voice
Justification/Niche: Dang, isnt Copycat just such an overlooked move? In tandem with Prankster, you can essentially use your own moves at greater priority. of course, given Whimsicott's fast speed, Aerilate Paired with Hyper Voice or Tri Attack always works against a slower foe!

Last edited:
I must apologize to you all, I meant to close submissions last night and... passed out at 7 PM.
HOWEVER, since I'm awake (and I mean wide awake) at 4:30 AM, I figured I might as well close submissions now since nobody is up.

Well, submissions are closed! And as such, voting has begun! Don't vote for yourself, anyone can vote here, fill every voting slot, yada yada.

Remember to vote the Ghost secondary typing suggestions! doing things with no deliberation woo, i may change this later so pls check this post
Normal, Pure Ghost, Flying, Bug, and Psychic secondary typings are already taken, so pls dont vote for those kthx

Here is the template that we'll be using:

Grass/Flying: Member's Pokemon
Grass/Water: Member's Pokemon
Grass/Dragon: Member's Pokemon

Ghost Slate Suggestions: Type / Type / Type

And now, for my own (so I don't miss out on voting ^^;)

Grass/Flying: DatHeatmor's Whimsicott
Grass/Water: Calucha's Victreebel
Grass/Dragon: GravityMonkey's Haxorus

Ghost Slate Suggestions: Steel / Dragon / Ice

VOTING WILL END IN 3 DAYS! Time is only subject to extension - We will not be cutting the time you have to vote by anything.

And one final note -
Stitch, I really don't want to disqualify a post for 1 BST, so I'll sit around waiting for SolarBlade's input on this. Likely it may be canceled from being voted, but I do hope yours is let in. 1 BST isn't that much to fix.

Grass/Flying: DatHeatmor's Whimsicott
Grass/Water: Djquibi's Dhelmise
Grass/Dragon: PrincessGardevoir's Meganium

Ghost Slate Suggestions: Electric / Dragon / Ice

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Grass/Flying: Samtendo's Jumpluff
Grass/Water: Origin0's Ludicolo
Grass/Dragon: Calucha's Serperior

Ghost Slate Suggestions: Fire / Ice / Fairy

Grass/Dragon: Djqubis Serperior
Grass/Water: Aquaticpanics Cacturne
Grass/Flying: Caluchas Carnivine

Ghost slate: Fire/Fairy/Steel

Darn I messed up time zone calculations and forgot to submit.

Also PrincessGardevoir I'll keep it in just this time, since its nice that we have so many submission this slate and it's only 1 BST. If Stitch wins, then deduct the 1 point to where he wants to.

Overall though, lots of interesting submissions in this slate! Too bad only 1 can be voted because I really like many of the ideas in this round.

Grass/Flying: Gravity Monkey's Shiftry
Grass/Water: Aquaticpanic's Cacturne
Grass/Dragon: Djqubi's Serperior

Ghost slate: Dragon / Electric / Ice (definitely hoping for Ice because Froslass isn't one anymore and we don't have any)

Grass/Flying: GravityMonkey's Shiftry

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Grass/Flying: GravityMonkey's Shiftry

Ghost Ideas: Electric / Rock / Fighting

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Pokemon: Dewgong
Type: Ghost/Ice
BST: 90 / 120 / 80 / 110 / 110 / 60
Abilities: Fur Coat / Refrigerate (Thick Fat)
New Moves: Shadow Bone, Shadow Ball, Recover
Justification: Idk, say it went extinct or something
Niche: I'll add later
Sample moveset: (optional)

Reserving:
- Ghost / Electric Rotom
- Ghost / Dragon Kyurem (Regular Kyurem)

Reserving Ghost/Electric Porygon-Z

Porygon-Z
Type
:

Ability: Compound Eyes / Download / HA: Levitate
Old Stats: 85 / 80 / 70 / 135 / 75 / 90 (BST 535)
New Stats: 95 / 40 / 80 / 145 / 105 / 105 (BST 570)
Added Moves: Hex, Will-O-Wisp, Volt Switch
Justification/Niche: It is justified because it's the glitch mon, and glitches are somehow linked to Ghost type since, for example, Missingno has the sprite of the phantom of Lavender Town or of dead Pokèmon fossils.
This typing can work very well, since is pretty good both defensively and offensively: it has only 3 weaknesses and 2 immunities (2/3 if you're using Levitate), strong STABs like Thunder and Zap Cannon and Hex, which paired with WOW has 130 BP, and a lot of setup and utility moves including Nasty Plot, Thunder Wave, Pain Split and Volt Switch. Compound Eyes can help to achieve a nice combo of Zap Cannon + Hex.
Possibile set:

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Ability: Compound Eyes / Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature
- Zap Cannon/Thunder/bolt
- Hex/Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp/Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch/Nasty Plot

Last edited:
Pokemon: Dragonite
Type: Ghost/Dragon
BST: 91/124/90/75/90/100
Abilities: Levitate/Cursed Body/Magic Bounce
New Moves: Shadow Claw, Phantom Force
Justification/Niche: It’s an amazing sweeper with some bulk behind it. With 124 Attack and 100 speed, Dragonite is a pretty nifty sweeper. Dragonite also has 91/105/105 bulk which isn’t terrible by any means. Also for justification just say a Dragonite got possessed by a Gengar and is now purple and black
Sample moveset:
Dragonite @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Punch
- Rock Slide

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Pokemon:
Type:
/

BST: 173 (-50) / 111 (+10) / 73 (+20) / 97 / 73 (+20) / 43 (570)
Abilities: Beast Boost, Gluttony, Sap Sipper
New Moves: Shadow Ball, Belly Drum, Slack Off
Removed Moves: N/A
Justification/Niche: I made Guzzlord a Ghost for a few reasons. For one, in the games, there is speculation about its stomach being endless like a black hole, which reminded me of Dusknoir. Also, it was originally a Dark type, which is a spooky, evil type like Ghost is. The new additions to its abilities and movepool make it a better tank, with recovery and more bulk giving it sustain which it once only dreamed of. Oh, and there's Belly Drum for TR sweeping, because why not.
Sample moveset:
Guzzlord @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off
- Shadow Claw
- Drain Punch

Pokemon: Jynx
Type:
/

BST: 115 (+50) / 50 / 55 (+20) / 130 (+15) / 110 (+15) / 110 (+15) (570)
Abilities: Prankster, Snow Warning, Dry Skin
New Moves: Thunderbolt
Removed Moves: Psychic, Psyshock
Justification/Niche: Jynx is based off on a myth of a Japanese mountain spirit who kills people. Also, it's based on a Japanese fashion style from the 90s which is really, really scary. Anyways, this fusion aims to use Ice/Ghost's offensive capabilities to their fullest. Similar to Froslass, it has value as a lead with Snow Warning and Aurora Veil. Nasty Plot sets are more effective than ever thanks to Prankster Lovely Kiss and BoltBeam coverage. Increased bulk also makes it less susceptible to being revenge killed.
Sample moveset:
Jynx (F) @ Life Orb / Ghostium Z / Fightinium Z / Icium Z
Ability: Prankster / Dry Skin / Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam / Blizzard
- Shadow Ball / Focus Blast / Thunderbolt

Pokemon: Rotom
Type:
/

BST: 80 (+30) / 50 / 97 (+20) / 105 (+10) / 97 (+20) / 141 (+50) (570)
Abilities: Levitate, Galvanize
New Moves: Tri Attack, Recover, Aura Sphere
Removed Moves: N/A
Justification/Niche: Rotom has been optimized in order to be a hugely effective offensive support Pokemon. Not only does it have great Electric + Ghost + Fighting coverage, but it also has deceptively good bulk and insane speed. Defog is great on it to get rid of hazards on attempted switch-ins.
Sample moveset:
Rotom @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Volt Switch / Aura Sphere
- Defog

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)