.: Type Optimisation :.
Approved by G-Luke.
Ever thought looked a typing thinking "this will make a great offensive sweeper!"- only to be disappointed by poor movepool, base stats or inefficient stat spreads? Ever wondered what it's like to actually have fast Fire/Rock that takes advantage of the offensive nature of the typing? Or a pure Electric type wall? Have you had it with slow, 'defensive' Ice types? What about seeing the potential of a typing that's previously only locked into a Mega Evolution- so you couldn't use normal items?
This pet mod cycles through all possible types and type combinations as we explore the best/new stat spreads or roles that would best suit the chosen typing. It's time, for Type Optimisation!
Explore niches and the full potential of each type combination
Retype existing Pokemon and upgrade their base stats and movepools so they can thrive in the OU environment- making the best of their typings. Explore new roles or enhance their current niches- optimise these mons to take full advantage of their type!
- Each cycle, there will be a slate of three type combinations. (For example: Rock/Ice, Rock/Fire, Rock/Normal)
- Members take an existing Pokemon and rework their base stats, movepools and typings to create an optimised niche for the specific typing.
- Base stat totals can be upgraded to a max of 570. That's right, upgrade your Pachirisu so it can go toe-to-toe with the OU environment by completely rearranging the BST! The idea is to be creative if all the type combos had the same BST.
- Max number of movepool additions is 3 new moves. Will it be a coverage option, or a utility move for a new role?
- Max number of Abilities = 3. You don't have to go with flavour- the priority is to optimise the typing!
- Legendary signature moves are banned- unless the Pokemon you are optimising already learns the move itself. (i.e. can't give Excadrill Thousand Arrows, but if you are optimising Zygarde it's fine). However, other exclusive moves like Multi-Attack and Volt Tackle are fine.
- On the same vein, no Legendary exclusive abilities like Delta Stream, Desolate Land, Soul-Heart, etc. This includes Beast Boost from Ultra Beasts.
- Type changes/stat changes do not extend to Megas. For example, Altarianite will change a Dragon/Ice Altaria to a normal Mega-Altaria.
Abilities: (max of 3)
New Moves: (max of 3)
Removed Moves: (optional, if you don't feel it makes sense with new typing)
Sample moveset: (optional)
- Based on OU environment.
- One submission per type combination.
- If you really want to optimise Pokemon with a BST greater than 570 for some reason (ex. Kyurem) you will have to re-arrange stats to 570 and be creative with how you make them better. Perhaps a more specific stat spread/new move for a specific role that it did not have before.
- Specific abilities will be banned- namely, legendary-exclusive abilities and form-related abilities like Schooling, Disguise, Shield Down (unless the Pokemon already has it then they can use it). Other bans include broken abilities like Huge Power, Shadow Tag and Comatose.
- Protean is also banned for the purpose of this pet mod, because it invalidates the aim of the type combo optimisation/research.
- Fully evolved pokemon only, as having access to the defensive poewrs of Eviolite skews the idea of using stats/moves to use a type to its strengths and weaknesses