Typing: The Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bit of what I was thinking as well, but maybe i should've been more clear. Hero-type are about those who protect others, but they don't have to be for good reasons, like how not all hero characters do it for "heroic" reasons. That's why i named it hero-type and not heroic-type or good-type. That's also why dark type is good against hero-type: heroes who are less heroic help others, while noble is the those being noble and kind, doing things because of their nature, not just doing things for any other reason.

As for Wishiwashi, I actually didn't think of that. kind-of forgot about that (I've been very tired recently, if you couldn't tell from my posts), so yeah, maybe noble-type doesn't fit it too well.
I honestly would like for both types to be able to exist. Sorry for doubting you before, I’ll admit I originally thought your Hero-type was just a rip off of my Noble-type, but now I can see differences that can allow them to be at least somewhat unique. Though it really depends on how everyone else votes.

I honestly would like for both types to be able to exist. Sorry for doubting you before, I’ll admit I originally thought your Hero-type was just a rip off of my Noble-type, but now I can see differences that can allow them to be at least somewhat unique. Though it really depends on how everyone else votes.
It was partially my fault too, i didn't read your noble-type too closely originally so i didn't see much correlation until i saw it reposted and realize i was seeing your noble-type all wrong. Sorry for that.
Edit: might as well ask, what about pokemon that have origins based in heroism (infernape (Based on Sun Wukong), Golurk (Likely based on a golem that was said to protect others), and other pokemon that I find)

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
I'm still skeptical about it, but it might worth a try in the long run. You both can always try to improve and become more clear in order to get more distinct from each others' type.

I hope I wouldn't be too bothersome with what I would say next but back when Dark-type was added back in Gen 2, there multiple versions of Light-type that act like holiness, selflessness and goodness instead of being (purely) elemental to be a counterpart of Dark-type which, in retrospective, is forced, boring and potentially limit the options. Had I use Light-type as a direct, moral-based counterpart to Dark-type, no one would pay attention to this, and at worst prefer Noble and/or Hero over that, and no way I will ever go to that path.

Even if my version haven't won yet, you know that I did it right when even Pika Xtreme approved my take on Light-type, so I'd suggest to try to make Hero and Noble as distinct from each others as possible so that both can (potentially) co-exist. Hero-type as a concept may not be liked by everyone here but Jpixelcube, I'm happy that you didn't give up despite the little Hero vs Noble debate.

Last edited:
Ditto Type
We already have so many egg group based typings. Water, Dragon, Fairy, Grass, Flying... so why doesn't Ditto get his own type?

Ditto type focuses on being a type based on Ditto. This means it'll be based off of how Ditto plays in-game. This leads to many interesting matchups:

Possible type chart:
Offensive:
SE: Everything. Ditto can be strong against any type, and his offensive matchups reflect that very well.

Defensive:
Weak to: Everything. Sadly, Ditto can also be weak to everything.

Possible pokemon with Ditto typing:

ditto icon.png

Ditto is Ditto, so Ditto works very well for Ditto.

Literally everything except Zoroark
ditto icon.png
Ditto can transform into all of these people except Zoroark when Illusion is active.

zoroarkded.png

i put way too much effort into this, why did i make a goddam icon for ditto type

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Ditto Type
We already have so many egg group based typings. Water, Dragon, Fairy, Grass, Flying... so why doesn't Ditto get his own type?

Ditto type focuses on being a type based on Ditto. This means it'll be based off of how Ditto plays in-game. This leads to many interesting matchups:

Possible type chart:
Offensive:
SE: Everything. Ditto can be strong against any type, and his offensive matchups reflect that very well.

Defensive:

View attachment 132828

View attachment 132828
Ditto can transform into all of these people except Zoroark when Illusion is active.

View attachment 132830

i put way too much effort into this, why did i make a goddam icon for ditto type
I... am aware that this is supposed to be funny and all, but if this ever wins, won't we ever be able to progress after Ditto Distribution phase since everything (except Zoroark line) would end up being Ditto-type?

I... am aware that this is supposed to be funny and all, but if this ever wins, won't we ever be able to progress after Ditto Distribution phase since everything (except Zoroark line) would end up being Ditto-type?
This won't win. If it somehow wins, I will just withdraw my submission.

Ditto Type

Possible type chart:
Offensive:

Defensive:

View attachment 132828

View attachment 132828

View attachment 132830

I can't wait until we see infernape-type.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Official post

Typing: The Mod {Slate #7 (No Need For Resubs) - Concept phase}

Let's get the voting train rollin' boyzzzzzz (and gurlzzzzzz)
Sorry for that I'm really tired

Part 1/3, sorry for the notification if you're not involved in the mod anymore
Cat
Cat is for Pokemon based on cats. They possess feline appearances and behavior. They attack with their claws, teeth, and tails.

Justification: Every Gen with fossil Pokemon and a butterfly/moth Pokemon also has a two-stage cat Pokemon (that learns Assist for some reason). Fossil Pokemon and butterfly/moth Pokemon are both associated with a certain type, but the cat Pokemon aren't.

Possible Pokemon Retypes
Cat
Dark/Cat
Cat
Electric/Cat
Electric/Cat
Cat
Dark/Cat
Psychic/Cat
Fire/Cat
Fire/Cat
Space/Cat

Space/Cat
Possible Move Retypes

• Slash​
  • Fury Swipes​
  • Milk Drink​
  • Hone Claws​
  • Tail Whip​
  • Scratch​
Possible Matchups
Resists: Flying, Cat, Ground
Beats: Flying, Heart, Fire, Bug

Resisted by: Steel, Cat, Poison, Water
Beaten by: Water, Dragon, Steel
Resists
Flying: Cats are nimble, and are said to always land on their feet.
Cat: Cats just like to play around with each other.
Ground: Cats are land mammals.
Beats
Flying: Cats catch and eat birds.
Heart: Domestic cats are usually kind and lovable.
Fire: Varieties of cats are often associated with fire in fiction.
Bug: Cats sometimes eat bugs.
Resisted by
Steel: Cats can't do anything to metal.
Cat: Cats just like to play around with each other.
Poison: Poison can affect cats and threaten their health.
Water: Cats are helpless in water.
Beaten by:
Water: Cats will drown in water.
Dragon: Dragons are just fiercer and stronger creatures.
Steel: Jungle cats can be hunted by bullets, or other metal weapons.
Invasive

Invasive is a type that focus on parasitic or invasive species. They'd be speacies who unnaturaly joined an envyroment and cause harm. Fast reproduction and aggresive expanding also may allow a mon to become Invasive.

Possible Invasive-Typed Pokémon:

View attachment 132585

...no explaination needed

View attachment 132585
and View attachment 132585

Based off of real invasive species. Rattata are non-native and widespread, while Gumshoos was brought to hunt them down, but ended up being an invasive species itself since it hunts at day while Rattata go out at night.

View attachment 132585

Most Dex Entries mention them as coming from overseas, breeding quickly and causing harm to the envyroment. All of these fit under the Invasive category.

View attachment 132585

Based on Feral Cats on Hawaii, who have become invasive. They were brought to the royals in past times, but once the royalty was no longer around, they gone back to nature. They are also widely spread across Alola.

View attachment 132585

This fish is everywhere, breeds fast and cannot be eaten. Magikarp is adapted to live in any kind of body of water (Acording to dex entries). If we count how many fish-based pokémon there are in each region, it composes 50% in Kanto, 43% in Hoenn (Closest to this is at 15%) and 46% of Sinnoh, as well as 30% of Alola. Irl, invasive carps can cause harms to an ecosystem, decreasing the ammount of vegetation and increases ammonium concentrates.

View attachment 132585

Doves were brought to the American states (Which is where Unova would be located) by mankind and due to lack of predators, just spread everywhere. They also carry tons of diseases

View attachment 132585

The Mushroom is a parasite. Not much to explain

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

All UBs are invasive species
*In case any of Blood / Food wins, replace secondary type (Buzzwole / Guzzlord) by these

View attachment 132585

Invasive to Alola + literally invades Nebby's body

Possible Type Effectiveness:

Strong Vs.

Heart
Viruses fuck up your health

Normal
I'd see Normal as creatures who are used to the envyroment. They'd be affected by an invasive species

Ground, Water
Invasive species mess up envyroment. This is the closest we have to that.

Space
Space is easy to invade now that I think about it.

NvE Vs.

Dragon
Try to invade a Dragon's lair. You'll get yo ass beaten

Psychic
One cannot invade a well-trained mind

Fire
Don't invade a burning thing.

Weak To

Psychic
The best way to kill off an invasive species is to capture and eliminate that species from that area, or relocate the species. So, strategy kind of makes sense

Ghost
Cause they are spirits who could not possibly suffer from envyromental changes created by the invasive species

Poison
Pesticides and stuff (as suggested)

Resists

Water, Ground
All can be taken as envyroments, which invasive species adapt to easly

Normal, Bug
Regular creatures are usually harmed by the invasive ones

I'll think of retyped moves later. Open to suggestions about anything
Fish Type
Aka Water 2 typing
Aka its not quite a troll type, but almost?

Before you ask anything, yes, this is a water-type cut-off, a shameless unoriginal cut-off. But even though water type doesn't deserve a cut-off, it definitely needs one. How many times have you heard the expression "bulky water type"? How many pokemons have been ignored, disrespected because they fell into that category, but weren't the best at it? With this new typing, we can give to all those pokemon the niche and the differenciation they deserve. And it's not like water-type will suffer from being cut into half: it's the second most populated (?) typing after normal.

Possible matchups could include a weakness to fire and flying, and resistances to grass, fighting and ice.

Possible retypings? Uuuuuh.... Every Water 2 pokemon (lol), Kyogre (so normal Groudon finally finds justice), Eelektross line and probably other things.

This type is for Pokémon that are literally Food (Vanilluxe), eat a lot (Snorlax), produces Food (Miltank), or cooks (Unova's Monkeys).

Possible retyped Pokémon:
->
Exeggcute doesn't look like a grass-type. Maybe Exeggutor can keep its Grass-type.
->
This Pokémon has very long tongue and is fat.
->
A lot of Pokémon entries qualifies Chansey's egg as nutricious.
->
Do I need to explain this one?
->
The Moomoo Milk is made of her milk.
->
Sumo wrestler needs to eat a lot to become so fat. Also it has the ability Thick Fat.
->
Pokédex entry: "Almost all of its body is its stomach. Its harsh digestive juices quickly dissolve anything it swallows." "Its powerful stomach acid is capable of digesting almost anything. The one thing in the whole world a Swalot can't digest is its own stomach." "Swalot has no teeth, so what it eats, it swallows whole, no matter what. Its cavernous mouth yawns widely. An automobile tire could easily fit inside this Pokémon’s mouth."
->
They have the abilities Thick Fat and Glutonny.
->
It's the fruit Pokémon. "Bunches of delicious fruit grow around its neck. In warm areas, many ranches raise Tropius."
->
A bit of a stretch but in french these Pokémon names contain the word: "roast". Pignite also has the ability Thick Fat and both don't learn many Fighting moves. It'd also make less Fire/Fighting starter.
->
->
->
Dex entries: "It's good at finding berries and gathers them from all over. It's kind enough to share them with friends." "Very intelligent, it roasts berries before eating them. It likes to help people." "The water stored inside the tuft on its head is full of nutrients. It waters plants with it using its tail." Also their Gym leaders are cookers and they've the ability Glutonny.
->
Literally food.
->
Every Pokédex entries tells it likes to eat Durants. Also it has the ability Glutonny and I find it a bit unfair it not to have a secondary typing like Durant.
->
See Vanillite-line.
->
It's based on a fruit.

Possible retyped moves:
Egg-Bomb, Stockpile, Spit Up, Swallow, Soft-Boiled, Milk Drink

WIP
Blood

It's not an often-requested type. It's not especially obvious. It might be a little edgy. But whether it is the countless that drink it, the powerful vessels of a raging ape, or twin mice that grant it flow, many Pokémon have drawn strength from it since the first generation.
For the blood, it is the life.

Possible Retyped Pokémon (not exhaustive):

Blood/Fighting
(or maybe Bug/Blood)
It's a mosquito, and its muscles are actually blood sacs.

Electric/Blood
As noted by the Pokédex, their powers help blood circulate throughout the body. Also, Blood-type makes Plusle and Minun more interesting, and they in turn make the Blood-type less morally one-note.

Blood
(or maybe Blood/Fighting)
Primeape is noted to have strong blood vessels, and they are noticeable on its design.

(perhaps Gligar as well)
Ground/Blood
It's based on a vampire.

Water/Blood
It has "gore" in the name, and it drinks blood.

Bug/Blood
It drinks blood and there's too many Bug/Flying.

Blood/Flying
And I can't forget the original bloodsuckers in Pokémon, of course!
Possible Retyped Moves:

literally just Leech Life

Lucky me, there's already a decent list of Blood weaknesses and resistances.
It's called "stuff about vampires".

Weak to:

Blood
Blood reacts violently with external blood of the wrong type, and countless works of fiction portray vampires as one of the few things able to kill other vampires.

Grass
Making a type about blood with some serious vampire flavors and not making it weak to Solar Beam would just be wrong. If Solar Beam is retyped, I'd make Blood weak to its new type. Also, vampires can be killed with a wooden stake to the heart. Besides, plants don't have any blood, and are perfectly fine drinking it.

Poison
Put poison in your blood. See where it gets you.

Water
Blood dissolves in water, and vampires can't cross running water. Then again, making another type weak to both Water and Grass...

Resists:

Water
Yeah I know I literally just explained why it could be weak to Water, but then again, "blood is thicker than water". I'm sure that's not what they meant by that phrase but whatever. Also, making another type weak to both Water and Grass is a little... dubious.

Time
Since this is basically a vampire type in terms of how it interacts with others anyway I might as well throw in the obvious part about vampires being immortal

Dark
Much like with Fairy, human schemes have their limits. Even with the less vampire-y ones, how do you plan on tricking your way past a Primeape?

Ice
For a matchup entirely unrelated to vampires, I might as well point out that freezing blood is a rare thing that doesn't actually damage it (though it will prooooooobably damage the organism it's in)

Heart
...Are you seriously trying to hurt blood using a heart? Who knows, this could even be an immunity!

Strong Against:

Heart
Hearts have a lot of blood in them (citation needed) and help blood flow (citation needed)

Dark
Since it resists it and all.

Resisted By:

Water
Insert here the reasons why Blood could be weak against Water, but remove the part worrying about redundancy

Grass
Plants don't have blood.

Rock
Rocks don't have blood.

Ice
Frozen blood cannot be drank (citation needed)​
A lot of types of late are not very physical or elemental.

So I got one of my other concepts: Acid.

Compared to Poison, these 2 couldn't be more different. Acid is a type based on citrus, narcotics (trippin Acid) and of course corrosive acid. So a bunch of poison moves become Acid, but not vital ones (other than Poison needing a new Z move)

So how does it type chart out?

Attacking
2x: Steel, Water, Ice, Fairy, Heart
Steel is baned by Acid. Water and Ice are contaminated, and Fairy wings melt and scream. Hearts don't like too much Acid.

.5x: Rock, Grass, Dragon Electric
0x: Poison???

The idea is that Poison banes Acid. While meanwhile Rocks tend to stay strong, grasses tend to absorb or live by Citrus and Electricity flows thru Acids well enough. Dragons tend to have acid breath.

Defending:
2x: Electric, Dragon, Space, Poison
.5x: Water, Ice, Ghost, Fairy

0x: Steel
Steel is explained above. Water and Ice and Acid don't mixed. Ghosts are Ectoplasmic. Poison is Anti-Acid in this case, and Dragons just absorb acid. Electricity conducts the liquid nature of Citrus. Fairy dust just melts.

Acid is quite the anti-Azumarill, though that isn't intentional.

Retypings:

Lets get to it!

Gulpin Line: Pure Acid, befitting Stomach Acid.

Grimer-K: Poison/Acid. That gives it a niche at least over its Island gem counterpart as a Ghost/Fight resistor.

Bellsprout Line: Grass/Acid. There's enough Grass/Poisons that this won't do much damage.

Seadra+: Acid in there? Seadra seems acidic.

Tentacool+: Water/Acid Again, plenty of Water/Poisons to use, like a certain top OU regenerator mon.

Munna+: Psychic/Acid Talk about Psychedelics! You be tripping on that acid.

Spritzee+: Fairy/Acid. It's a spray! That stuff is acidic as fuck!

Tynamo line: Acid/Electric. Eels have a lot of fatty acids which they use to 'shock' people.

Accelgor: Bug/Acid. I swear its dex says it has Acid in it.

Solosis+ Deoxys: Acid or Acid/Psychic. Its cells/DNA, partly which is called Acid. Ya dig?

Goomy Line: Acid/Dragon. Do I even NEED to explain this?

Nihilego: Maybe Acid/Rock. I dunno, if there were another Poison/Rock, I'd be less hesitant. Ya know, maybe the Fakemon should help bring back lost type combos that were unique but now gone.

Lickitung line: Normal/Acid??? It has some nasty slobber supposedly, so maybe?

New STATUS:
Acid Burn: Acid Burn works like Burn, but for SpAtk... or it could be for defense?

So that's a lot of Acids who don't lose poison typing. A few, sure, but Goomy plz and Tynamo, and Musharna... MUSHARNA! Sylvemons will take over!
CHAOS resub (WIP)
Chaos shares some similarities to the Beast and Brutal types from past slates, but this type is reserved for Pokémon who either cause chaos/destruction either intentionally (in the case of Gengar), unintentionally (in the case of Absol), or are linked to chaos. Regarding the similarity to Dark-type, Dark is all about fighting using dishonorable methods, and Chaos is all about, well, chaos.

My laptop needs a RAM reseating, so I can’t access my images currently.
Note: I will use existing moves for comparison to these moves (so secondary effects won't take up half of the space here). Also, I know these moves aren't in the right format, but this isn't the submission slate yet, soooo

Chaos Beam (Spec)
90 BP, 100 Acc.

Comparison: Flamethrower

Energy Outburst (Spec)
130 BP, 90 Acc.

Comparison: Overheat

Frantic Blow (Phys)
40 BP, 100 Acc.

Comparison: Aqua Jet

Placeholder Name (Phys) (i need ideas)
80 BP, 100 Acc.
Comparison: Waterfall

Stabbing Frenzy (Phys)
120 BP, 100 Acc.

Comparison: Close Combat
Beat Up
Brutal Swing
Dark Void
Darkest Lariat (and Malicious Moonsault)
Hyperspace Fury

View attachment 126896
View attachment 127034

Fighting, Psychic, Steel, Fairy, Chaos
  • Most Fighting and Psychic types are humanoid, and in chaos, lots of people die.
  • If you have chaos in the city, a lot of buildings are probably going to get demolished.
  • Fairies are small creatures that would probably get injured/killed in chaos.
  • Chaos + Chaos = More Chaos, which would make the attack more powerful i guess?
Flying, Ghost, Dragon, Heart
  • Flying creatures should just be able to avoid chaos by flying over it (unless it's aerial chaos).
  • Ghosts can't be hit by chaos (unless it's spiritual chaos).
  • Dragons have a lot of endurance and should probably be able to survive chaos.
  • Good defeats bad (usually).
Fighting, Psychic, Steel
  • See "Super Effective"
  • See "Super Effective"
  • See "Super Effective"
Fairy, Heart, Chaos
  • See "Super Effective"
[/QUOTE]

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
Official post

Part 2/3, sorry for the notification if you're not involved in the mod anymore
Sound
(3rd Chime's the Tarm)

There are many Pokemon already based off of sound, which is portrayed with Pokemon based off of instruments, or noise itself. This has already been popular for a very long time along with types like Light, but its odd to me how nobody is submitting it. Sound could be a far as a living bell, or just a Pokemon who sings. Now, although every Sound-based move makes sound, that doesn't mean they all need to be Sound type.

Possible Retyped Pokemon:

Whismur/Loudred/Exploud are based on sound waves and basically yelling in general.

Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff are based around singing, with Jigglypuff notable in the anime using Sing.

Chatot being based on a parrot are known for repetition of human speech, and its signature move is Chatter.

Meloetta is based around Music in general

Chingling and Chimecho are based off of bells.

See Meloetta-Aria

Noibat/Noivern being part bat use Echolocation, as well as their ears literally being amps.

Hakamo-o/Kommo-o use their scales to make noise, as shown by its signature move: Clanging Scales.

Kricketot and Kricketune are based off of crickets, who make noise on summer nights (really loud too) as well as violins and guitars

Pyroar in gen 6 had it's then-signature move, Noble Roar, which was a Sound-based move.

Tympole/Palpitoad/Seismitoad are based off of vibrations and also using sound waves that are imperceptible to the human ear to communicate.

Primarina is based off of an opera singer, as well as having the signature ability Liquid Voice.

Possible Retyped Moves:

Boomburst
Chatter
Disarming Voice
Echoed Voice
Growl
Heal Bell
Hyper Voice
Noble Roar
Perish Song
Relic Song
Roar
Screech
Sing

Now, the thing is, all sound moves may have sound properties, but not all sound-based moves are sound type. moves like Bug Buzz, Grass Whistle, and Parting Shot may be sound-based, but for simplification, they wouldn't change types. Chatter only changes because Chatot is now Sound-Type, and Flying doesn't make much sense for it now.

Weak to:
/
/
Music can be used to benefit the brain, like listening to music while studying. the ground is a solid object that doesn't usually allow sound waves to pass through it. Sound waves also dont exist for that long.

Resists:
/
/
Sound travels normally without any delay through water and air, and for fighting? Ever tried to punch music??​

Does Super Effective damage to:
/
/

A high pitched sound can break both Glass and at a louder sound, metal. Sound can also be used to control electricity.

Does Not Very Effective damage to:
/
/
Solid and durable objects wont allow sound to go through them, mostly bouncing off. Sound waves also do last for short amounts of time.

Is Immune to:

When two sound waves meet, they cancel each other out.
Time to score another typing win.

Monster Typing
If there is a dragon typing, how is there not a Monster one? Now before you freak, there are lots of Pokemon whose typing looks seemingly slapped on just because, and thanks to the Monster egg group, we have a fair description of what's what

In terms of general body shape, most appear to be bipedal, although quadrupedal forms are common as well. Many also possess a large tail which may aid in balance and some possess claws on their limbs. Most of them are also partially reptilian, superficially resembling dinosaurs. Mammalian forms are also present.

Tyranitar - Rock/Monster (It's based on Godzilla for Pete's sake)
Lapras - Water/Monster (Loch Ness Monster)
Guzzlord - Dark/Monster (There is no draconian features present, and it looks like a eating monster)
Nidoking/queen - Poison/Monster (Literally nothing about them says Ground)
Mega Garchomp - Dragon/Monster
Mega Steelix - Steel/Monster
Feraligatr - Water/Monster
Emboar - Fire/Monster
Kangaskhan - Heart/Monster
Munchlax line - Normal/Monster
Lickitung - Monster
Aron line - Steel/Monster
Cranidos line - Rock/Monster (Primal Time/Monster)
Eeliktrik/Eelektross - Electric/Monster
Inkay line - Monster/Psychic (based on the sea monster known as the kraken)
Druddigon - Dragon/Monster
Bergmite line - Ice/Monster

Offensive
x2 - Psychic, Space, Steel, Heart
x1/2 Fighting [Please swap out for Noble/Hero if either wins], Dragon, Ground, Fire
x0 nil

Defensive
x2 - Fighting (See above), Fire, Dragon
x1/2 Dark, Psychic, Ghost, Bug, Normal
x0 nil

The monster typing is based upon Kaiju, traditional legendary monsters and monstrous things in general. Many Pokemon are based on Kaiju, so Monster as a typing has precedence.
(I know that we do not need to re-sub, but I want to update my past submission here does to a few candidates having Space-type, and shorten the first part of it a bit.)

Light

Unlike Dark-type, we live up to our name and will not give a shifting light about morality.
Light-type had been used to be a popular fan type concept along fans, commonly used as a counterpart to Dark-type. Ever since Fairy-type is introduced, which does have a few associations with light, some people think that a Light-type would be redundant, and some would even goes calling out Light-type as a potential cliche type does to so many fan concepts using Light-type full of holiness and all goodness just in order to make contrast of Dark-type.

But in reality, this is not what Light-type should be about in order to stand out; Light-type, to live up to its name, must be the Light Element of the (both official and fan-made) Pokemon types, with Ghost-type serving as the closest of actual darkness (or if Light-type would win, even a "Shadow" type which is genuinely actual darkness).

Now we know that Fairy have illumination as attacks, but instead of straight-up separate some of Fairy aspect, there are other associated objects that are not Fairy but produces light; sun (which makes Fire/Light) and stars (although those are more Space-type), bulbs, aurora, bio-luminescence, photo-luminescence (which is photon), and even lasers and beams (what else could you make lasers other than dark-elemental lasers? Light).

Physical Moves can also be done with hard light from fictions, so Light-type will not have lack of physical attackers either. This means that yes, we can have Ledian to be Bug/Light while having its stats to become it is supposed to be; a physical attacker.

Now, here's one thing I (and a few good fellow users like Jpixelcube) did not wanted is to make Light-type a direct counterpart of Dark-type (aka Evil-type), so we won't make Light-type a "Good-type", but instead a real element like some few elemental types such as Fire, Ice, Electric and Water are. We will leave it to Noble-type and Hero-type.

The biggest difference between Light and Fairy here is that Fairy isn't fully associated with Light, as Fairy moves are associated with moons to an extent, and also cute attacks (Play Rough, Draining Kiss). Light is all about light as an element, thus illumination, brightness and hard light. And unlike Steel, Light does not need to be "solid" (but can do so in fiction a la hard light) and Steel-type's main method of attack are metallic moves, not reflecting light. And not all Bug-type can learn Tail Glow, and not all Tail Glow users are Bug-type.

Finally, Light is different from Fire and Electric unlike people try to convince the opposing statement, as Fire and Electric themselves produce light, but not all Electric-type and Fire-type can use Dazzling Gleam (light-based attack) and Flash. Fire and Electric obviously also have much more utilities than light up places and aren't the only way to make light (Stars are not fire but burning plasma), while Light is used for photosynthesis... and can be used to make the world's deadliest lasers.

Potential Effectiveness
Light's archetype will be double-edged like real life light; if handled right, it will greatly help you out, but abusing it or expecting it to be harmless while it really is harmful will greatly backfire. Thus, Light should be more on offense (moreso than Dark-type) in term of Type Chart, but also have a good amount of defensive effectiveness (hence Shiinotic for example). Stat-wise, they should be various enough, similarly to Water-type, as light can be used for various purposes (up to being used as a killing laser!) similarly to the latter Type, but fast Light-type tend to be pretty fast, as light in real life is faster than even a lighting bolt (hence the light-year measure, which indicate how many years the light can reach).

Offense Example:
  • (2x): Unlike Fairy, light can hurt fictional ghosts as ghosts are associated with darkness to some extent, thus need to stay away from sunlight and other intense light sources to stay alive.
  • (2x): Light speed is superior to electric speed.
  • (2x): Not even those who wears sunglasses should stare too nearby at any light sources for too long, especially with the sun (and not because of the heat in this case).
  • (2x): Flying objects, especially those flying over the clouds, are always exposed to the sun, thus the only way for them to avoid a sudden strike of light is to ride under the cloud. If Flying means both birds and wind, light is always faster than wind will ever be.
  • (0.5x): Water, or at least a large enough pond of water, can make reflection similarly to mirror, thus can reflect light (but not completely, hence not immune to).
  • (0.5x): Sunlight actually benefit the plants does to their capacity to do photosynthesis.
  • (0.5x): Ice can be used to reflect or gently absorb light. The sunlight alone cannot melt ice during the winter season.
  • (0.5x): Ground can block the light from the sun, hence why anything under the main ground layer is completely dark without holes. That does not mean that Ground should be SE against Light, as it cannot reflect light at all.
Defense Example:
  • (Resist): There are not many major villains who are using light as an element by themselves, be them be a darkness wielder or not. Light as an element is not always an evil killer.
  • (Resist): Have you ever tried to kill light with light? Not possible in real life.
  • (Resist): Fairies are associated with light, and are not known to actively make light go away.
  • (Resist): Fire makes light, so I don't see why a being made of light would be harmed from fire other than excessive heat (hence not immune).
  • (Resist): Same reason with Fire, but also for reason in Offense example.
  • (Resist): A good amount light sources can last for a long time, especially the stars. Stopping time will only cause the source of light to keep existing, unless you stopped time right before they turned on (but you can never turn off the stars for good reasons).
  • (Resist): I only see a few fictional ghosts capable of manipulating lights, less so as attacks. I think that since they are vulnerable to it, they should not try to get too near them, otherwise attempting to use light energy will cause strain.
  • (Vulnerable): Photosynthesis. Why else? (We also need to buff Grass' offensive presence, and Light-type as an element will be a perfect Type Grass will be strong against.)
  • (Vulnerable): Metal can be used to reflect light, but Steel should only receive Neutral damage does to having a metallic armor will make you easier to detect does to the shining effect.
  • (Vulnerable): The sea minimize the brightness effect from the sun, thus explains why the deeper we get to the ocean, the darker it gets. Water can be used to short sircuit electric lamps and flashlights (well, those that aren't waterproof).

Potential Pokémon
Light-type Pokémon would be those who uses illumination and brightness. Not all Fire-type, Electric-type and Fairy-type will be part Light-type; they had to bright much more than mere flame, electricity and pixie dust, respectively, to be compatible of Light-type (though nothing stop them from learning Light attacks).

The behavior in general? Like Water-type, there is no general behavior you could expect from Light-type, but like Fairy-type, humans would assume they are all nice and good. Some of the potential Light-type would be, but not all; some like Xurkitree and Groudon are aggressive, and Shiinotic uses light to misguide their prey.

Notice that being a physical or special oriented Pokémon will not matter when receiving the Light-type; in fact, Kanto Raichu (with buffed stats) can be a more physical counterpart to Alolan Raichu (who would also receive stat buff for equality between forms).

Raichu line (not Alolan Raichu): Light Orb for Pikachu.

Ledian line: According to Emerald Pokedex; "It is said that in lands with clean air, where the stars fill the sky, there live many Ledian. For good reason, they use the light of the stars as energy." Replace Flying.

Ampharos line (Not Mega Ampharos): Their tail can emit light, similar to the Light Orb item.

or just

Espeon: Heavily associated with sun.

Lanturn line: Have Illuminate as an Ability, can use Spotlight, and anglers do produce light in real life. Replace Electric.

Bellossom: It lacked secondary typing and it is associated with sunlight and Sun Stone, so why not?

Sunflora (not Sunkern): It is a sunflower, have Solar Power (not all Solar Power users are Grass-type to inform you) and have Morning Sun as Egg Move.

Ho-Oh: Its called the Rainbow Pokémon according to the Pokédex and let out shiny light as it flies.

Beautifly: Colorful wings, able to use Morning Sun as level-up move.

Volbeat: Have illuminate, can use Tail Glow and can use Flash.

Tropius: All of its Abilities will work under sunlight. I feel like another Grass/Light would be redundant, so making it
and give it a Grass-type signature move that deals 1.5x damage when used by Tropius (essentially a third STAB).

Glalie (Mega included): Big chunk of ice can reflect light. (
/
)

Cherrim line: Heavily associated with sunlight does to Flower Gift.

Lumineon (not Finneon): Just the name doesn't seems enough, but it can also learns both Aurora Beam and Signal Beam, and I consider beams, unless if it is strictly elemental like Ice Beam, as light-based attacks.

Phione: Might be able to reflect light well does to being mostly composed of water. Also helps it to stand out more from Manaphy with some other reasonable buffs.

(NOT
, see below for the reason.)
Watchhog: Have Illuminate for some reason. It can also learn Signal Beam. And since Illuminate will be an obvious Light-type -ate Ability, keeping Normal-type will not do any good since Illuminate (like all good -ate Abilities) always turn Normal-type moves regardless if the user is Normal-type or not. It would also make one unique single typed Light-type Pokémon too!

Lilligant line
: Same with the likes of Bellosom and Sunflora line.

Cryogonal: Its a giant snowflake made of reflective ice and can learn Confuse Ray, Aurora Beam and... Solar Beam!?

Heliolisk line: Large association with solar energy.

(+
)

Florges line: Difficult to reason with that, but Floette-Eternal have a signature move called Light of Ruin. It also got multiple moves that associate with light such as Synthesis and Flash.

Xerneas: It can naturally learn Aurora Beam, have Synthesis as an available move and Geomancy is rainbow-colored than typical pink fairy light.

Shiinotic line: Have Illuminate as an Ability, have Flash as an Move and can use Signal Beam, which looks more Light-type than Bug-type.

Kommo-o line (minus Jangmo-o): Uses reflective light using their scales. Kommo-o would be potentially the first fully evolved Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon to have a T:TM Type.

Xurkitree: Can naturally learn Tail Glow and is something that can illuminate.

|
|
|

Necrozma (all Forms): To respectfully quote Pika Extreme: " [...] Necrozma should be Light-type in all forms, because it is literally a being that, at core, is composed of light." Indeed, Necrozma by itself can be one of the best reasons why Light-type (element) is a great potential. Necrozma can retain its new Space-type to become Light/Space, but the other, more powerful forms should get rid of Space-type by Light in order for each forms to stand out more from Solgaleo, Lunala and Palkia (+ Mega Lati@s), respectively. Can I say that Dawn Wings Necrozma's typing would be especially interesting, considering that Ghost-type is not a known type to actively use Light?

It also missed the opportunity to have Photon Geyser (+ the Z-Move, Light that Burns the Sky) and Prismatic Laser to become Space-type and as a result, they remained Psychic, depriving the STAB for poor Necrozma. Plus Light-type would honestly fit more than Space-type for those two moves.​

What does NOT make a Light-type
Here are the conditions that should be avoided to avoid misconception of what I am aiming for: Light-type as an element, not a moral-based Type, and also because the reasoning below would be too weak to deserve Light-type.

Pokémon that can use the move Dazzling Gleam but have no strong association with light unlike the above list SHOULD NOT be Light-type.
Dazzling Gleam may be a potential Light-type, but that does not guarentee all Poémon line that uses this move to be Light-type. They need to have an actual association with light, illumination or other light-based stuff at some point. (Phione is okay since its body is made of water thus can reflect to light.)

Pokémon with heroic intention or have nobleness and royalty SHOULD NOT be Light-type.
Although holiness are associated with light in several fictions, we should avoid that to avoid the anti-Taoism that is "Good Light vs Evil Darkness". Same for nobleness, and royalty, be it good-looking, wears colorful clothing or using light, can be actually evil and corrupt (but not always). This is the Noble-type you are dealing with.

Pokémon that have Drought, as in can summon the Sun SHOULDN'T be Light-type.
Even if Mega Charizard Y, Ninetales, Torkoal and Groudon have Drought, Sunny Day is a Fire-type weather and we will not change that. Even if the sun is, in reality, a burning plasma and not actual flame, the Sunny Day condition had been already associated with Fire-type, especially because of the Fire-type damage boost and the appropriate heat it gives to the Earth.

Pokémon whose beige/have colors that have light and its Alolan counterpart is Dark-type/have Dark-type WILL NOT be Light-type at all.
Flimsy excuse here, as even if Kanto Persian line have an eye for shiny objects, those two lines doesn't have enough justifications to have Light-type. Plus reminder that Dark-type is "Evil-type" in Japan, so their Alolan Counterparts as Dark-type is not a good excuse here either.

Pokémon that can heal allies SHOULD NOT be Light-type.
Although healers have an association with light, not only we already have a Type involving healing (and hearts) called Heart here, but using Light as a major healing type will also limit the actual, elemental Light-type potentials.

Pokémon that have are known to be fast and have a Base Speed higher than 120 alone SHOULD NOT be Light-type.
Light is infernally fast, faster than lightning, faster than sound, with only the universe itself outspeeding the light. But being just very fast (and doesn't use shadow) is not enough to be qualified to be Light-type. Extreme Speed is another thing that does not count, as its Japanese name is "Swiftness", not light speed or similar name.

Special Cases (that doesn't fully deserve Light-type)
Mega Aggron: Aside of a flashy white armor, Mega Aggron doesn't have anything that can illuminate (outside of Flash Cannon and Metal Burst, both of which is Steel-type like Mega Aggron).

Reshiram: Despite being part of the "Tao Trio" (Reshiram the light (yin), Zekrom the darkness/shadow (yang), and Kyurem lacking both (the wuji), I don't see other, more valid reason why Reshiram would be valid for Light-type, as it already fit Fire-type even more (up to Turboblaze) and can't even learn Dazzling Gleam (a Light-type compatible move).

Kadabra and Alakazam (+ Mega): The two use their spoons for psychic power and to bend them, not for illumination of any sort.

Butterfree: Unlike Beautifly, Butterfree lacked Morning Sun and its design is less colorful (not that its bad) compared to the other.

Potential Retyped Moves

• Flash
  • Spotlight
  • Hyper Beam
  • Confuse Ray (notice; even if it is Ghost-type, it is not restricted to the latter type in term of distribution. In fact, Pokémon with illumination can use it.)
  • Light of Ruin (possibly moved for signature move of another and released Pokémon)
  • Photon Geyser (and Ultra Necrozma's Light That Burns the Sky)
  • Prismatic Laser
  • Flash Cannon (make Magnet Bomb a Aura Sphere clone will do it anyways)
  • Morning Sun
  • Dazzling Gleam
  • Aurora Beam (maybe also STAB for Ice?)
  • Signal Beam
  • Laser Focus
  • Simple Beam
  • Perhaps Light clones of Solar Beam and Solar Blade too.

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
Official post

Part 3/3, sorry for the notification if you're not involved in the mod anymore
Well, I already talked about this, but now it's time to unveil my
(Just saw Samtendo's sub and i decided to do a bit more as well)
HERO Type!
AKA the "please don't make light a good-type" type. All about being a hero and protecting others, as opposed to fighting's just pure fighting skill. Either by Pokedex Entry (Absol), Origin (Infernape), Or just general design and actions of the pokemon (Lucario), These pokemon just have a protective or heroic streak to them.

Potential Effectiveness
The Hero Type is made to be a counterpart for Evil-type, but that doesn't mean that it'll be super good against it. on the Contrary, I think that Counterparts have to be, well, a dangerous thing to fight against. So, here's how the potential will be.

Offensive:
x2: Dark (Heroes can easily turn evil into Heroes), Dragon (most Stories have heroes fighting dragons and winning), Ghost (Heroes are normally unafraid and able to face their fears, which fear is best represented with Ghost-type), Psychic (Heroes can usually beat even the smartest person due to pure will)
x.5: Normal (Heroes protect normal people, not fight them), Fairy (Fairies usually give heroes their power in fairy tales), Heart (Those with powerful hearts can influence a hero)

Defensive:
x2: Dark (while Heroes can turn evil good, Evil can do the same to good.), Heart (See above), Fighting (A stronger fighter can overpower even a hero in some cases), Time (Heroes can't live forever.)
x.5: Dragon (See above), Ghost (See above), Normal (While heroes do not fight normal people, normal people usually have no chance at overpowering a hero as well.)

As for the power of this type, well..... Not too sure. This is still a work-in-progress type chart myself. Kind-of worried it's a bit too close to fairy ATM.
Potential Retypes
And
: Dark -> Hero
They are most known for going to warn people of danger, and doing so even though people hate them. Changing them to Pure Hero because Dark-type doesn't fit them. Honestly I'd think Absol is the posterboy of the Hero-type, more than Lucario.
and
: Fighting/Steel -> Fighting/Hero
I don't think they need too much of an explanation, as they are constantly seen as heroes in most of the work that depicts them. Changing Steel because it's the type that fits the least on them. Unfortunately, with the above matchup, that gives them a massive weakness to Fairy.
: Fire/Fighting -> Fire/Hero
He's based on Sun Wukong. Heck, his fighting style seems to even be based on sun Wukong's. I'm not changing Monferno because he fits more as fighting than hero, But if Decidueye can switch from flying to ghost, I think infernape can switch from fighting to hero. Feel free to disagree with me on this one though, This is probably one of my weaker changes.
and
: Fighting | Fighting/Dark -> Hero | Hero/Dark
Pangoro protects people from bullies, albiet by beating them up as well. I think it's enough for him to be the hero-type, but again, you can disagree with me on this.

And here's the one I think that is the most controversial.
, and
: Fairy -> Hero
As the guardians of Alola, we even see them protect the world from the Ultra-Beasts when they appeared. I think they make a lot of sense as Hero-type. This will replace all of their fairy types, because it A. keeps them diverse type-wise, and B. I think the fact that they were guardians were the reason they were fairy-type. I'd add more, but these are just the ones I think right now fit the best message I want to go for in the Hero-type.
How not to pick pokemon for hero-type
Pokemon That Have No reason to be Hero-type as another type already is submitted for them.
: Yes, he fights the "Darkness", but from how he fights it by using reflective light on his scales, this fits more for Light-type or Sound-type.
: Using keldeo as the example for all the swords (And Chestnaught too), yes, they are heroic. But I think the Noble-type fits them more as they are noble swords. We could do a Hero/Noble type for all of them (Except Chestnaught, obviously), But that would lessen their Diversity, so I think Noble-type fits best for them.
Retyped Moves
Honestly, if I talk about retyped moves, the only one I can see for now is Superpower, but that's because i've been a bit more focused on other aspects, like which pokemon fit as hero-type. There are probably a lot of moves i'm missing, so I'll look further into it and try to find some more later.
Edit: After thinking about it for a bit, I do want to turn Wide Guard into a hero-type move. Why? Because it seems to fit with one of my main Ideals of what Hero-type should be: Protecting others. If you don't know, wide guard is a protect move that allows you to protect your teammate as well. Things like Wish or other moves that seem to help others should also likely be hero-type.
Wait, not magic? No, I'm gonna go thru my list of types and come to the next type in my grand design: Wood

Different than just Grass with bark (at times) just like how not all fire types are made of fire (I'm pretty sure Vulpix has blood and not ashes) and the same is true for a lot of types, Wood is both things made of timber, and things with a forest spirit/fortitude.

For instance, Kangaskhan would be Normal/Wood despite not being made of a tree, but has a barklike fortitude. And Grovyle/Sceptile being Grass/Wood is because it's a Wood Gecko. Treecko shouldn't but I got my reason.

Weak to: Fire, Bug, Steel, Ghost
Resists: Fighting, Ground, Normal, Water, Electric, Fairy, Dragon, Rock, Psychic
Immune to: Nothing

Strong Against: Fight, Ground, Water, Electric
Resisted By: Poison, Steel, Rock, Grass, Ice
No Damage to: Bug

So type-chart-wise, Wood is not your average type. It's not very grassly. I mean okay, it's weak to Fire and Bug, and resisted by Steel, Poison and Grass, and it is SE vs. Water and Ground. Beyond that, wood is its own entity with its own impact on the type chart. There wouldn't be many mons retyped from grass. Even something like an affinity for wielding or living among the woods could suffice for the typing.

Retypings:

Kangaskhan
Pinsir (Not Mega)
Exeggcutor (both formes, replaces grass)
Pineco/Foretress (Replaces Steel or Bug depending on which is more useful to take it out of Ferrothorn's shadow)
Sceptile (Not mega)
Seedot Line (replaces Grass)
Timburr Line
Cofagrius (Coffins are made of wood)
Phantump/Trevenant (replaces grass)
Axew Line
Heatmor
Xukitree
Ekans Line
Xerneas

Move Retypings:

Wood Hammer
Harden
Cut... ???

Hyper Fang - Not Retyped, but beavery teeth do SE damage vs. Wood types.

I know I know: "It's grass type! Stop wasting everyone's time again!"

Let me make this argument: Wood is to grass what Steel is to Rock is to Ground. Similar yet not the same! If it's not liked however, I'll delete and resub magic.
So let me justify why wood is different than grass, before you wish you had the right to probably ban/shank/disintegrate me.

To start, wood is encompassing of both wood the material and woodland/forests or even jungle. Thus the type could fit something like Ekans not because it's made of wood (it aint) but it is a TREE snake, besides we aren't going to have any poison/wood types otherwise. And together it's a great type as it loses its Ground and Psychic weaknesses, granted it gains fire steel and ghost, but the added resists can't be beat.

Besides, that type chart interaction is far from grass. Being weak to steel and ghost and simultaneously resisting a good half of the meta? That's not very grass-like is it. Let me put it this way: wood is to grass what rock is to ground.

So let's explain the type chart:

Weak to: Fire, Bug, Steel, Ghost

Fire burns trees, Steel axes cut them down, termites eat them and forests are susceptible to spooks.

Resists: Fighting, Ground, Normal, Water, Electric, Fairy, Dragon, Rock, Psychic
The resists are a bit generic. Grass is absent because I'll chastise anyone who gives it or bug an 8th resisting type. As for the others, striking wood will give you splinters, dragons in pokemon respect the woods and fairies kinda need them to prance, even the evil ones. Wood types tend to resist water and while lightning can destroy trees, most RPGs have wood beating electric than the reverse. Wood for brains are resistant to psychic.

Immune to: Nothing

Strong Against: Fight, Ground, Water, Electric
Fight types get splinters and ground and water get rooted. Electric types it's an RPG thing, it's important in Megaman Battle Network, and gives Electric another well deserved weakness.

Resisted By: Poison, Steel, Rock, Grass, Ice
Most of these types don't care about the forest, or are resistant to nature, such as poison and ice.

No Damage to: Bug
Bug eat wood. Yum.

I hope my explanation helped people think I wasn't being lazy and just rehashing grass. I'm not, trust me. I've planned this type for years, so give me some credit.
Rubber!
The Rubber typing would be not only associated with the elasticity but also the things made of rubber too for example your rubber shoes. There are quite some Pokemon fitting in this type. It could gain an advantage against Fairy-types due to rubber being new, elastic and ignoring the fairies spell while also having a type being super-effective against Water and help in balancing that.

Potential Pokemon:
  • Deoxys
  • Deoxys-Attack
  • Deoxys-Speed
  • Deoxys-Defense
  • Ditto
  • Grimer
  • Muk
  • Trubbish
  • Garbodor
  • Guzzlord
  • Poiple (Looks a bit rubbery to me)
  • Inkay
  • Malamar
  • Misdreaveaus
  • Mismagius
  • Spiritomb [Not sure about this]
  • Lickytung
  • Lickylicky
  • Dusion
  • Reuniculus
  • Sliggoo
  • Surskit

• Deoxys can go part Alien / Space type in future with Rubber.
  • Ditto's typing doesn't matter mostly but it fits in better than Normal-type.

Potential Type Effectiveness:

Weaknesses: Fire, Fighting, Grass, Dragon
  • Fire can burn rubber so it's more effective.
  • Rubber bands break when stretched a lot which can be done by Fighting-types.
  • Rubber is mostly biodegradable so nature wins over Rubber.
  • Dragons are brutal and can smack holes into rubber, what I mean to say is they can break past it's elasticity with power.
Resistances: Poison, Electric, Fairy, Bug, Water
  • Rubber can't be poisoned. (Maybe make it Immune)
  • Rubber mostly insulates Electric conductivity.
  • Fairy as explained above.
  • Bug as bugs can't get past rubber I think.
  • Rubber is mostly Water resistance* in real life. (It generally isn't but it can be made to be waterproof)
Super-Effective against: Fairy, Electric, Water, Ground
  • Fairy because Rubber hits with no mercy no life.
  • Electric since if a Rubber breaks into an Electric circuit's path it breaks.
  • Water for various reasons: Rubber can obstruct the flow of water, Rubber can store Water in it, Rubber absorbs water and swells up to become more powerful.
  • Ground as Rubber plants penetrate through the Ground and then grow. (Just like Grass-type but this is for Rubber as it's own type)
Not very effective against: Fire, Steel, Flying
  • Fire since Rubber can get burnt as it tries to hit Fire.
  • Steel is tough enough to take Rubber hits.
  • Rubber can't easily hit Flying types unless it's made into a slingshot which would still be hit with a Rock. (Not that sure about this one)
Artificial type

Artificial would work for every man-made Pokémon, or the ones whose the body is mainly made of something artificial, such as Mimikyu and Banette. Ones with unnatural interference also apply

Defensive chart for Artificial:
Weaknesses: Poison, Psychic, Bug
Resistances: Normal, Dragon, Artificial, Steel
Immunities: Fairy

Offensive chart for Artificial:
Super Effective: Electric, Dragon, Fairy, Steel
Resists: Normal, Psychic, Artificial

Banette & Mega - Ghost / Artificial
Mimikyu - Ghost / Artificial
Porygon line - Artificial
Mew - Artificial / Psychic
Mewtwo & MMY - Artificial / Psychic
MMX - Artificial / Fighting
Silvally and Null - Artificial
Magearna - Artificial / Steel
Genesect - Artificial / Steel
Golett & Golurk - Ground / Artificial
Trubbish & Garbodor - Poison / Artificial
Voltorb & Electrode - Electric / Artificial
Baltoy & Claydol - Ground / Artificial
Castform & Rainy, Sunny, Snowy - Normal / Artificial, Water / Artificial, Fire / Artificial, Ice / Artificial
Grimer & Muk (Kanto) - Poison / Artificial
Deoxys (All) - Psychic / Artificial
Wormadam-Trash - Bug / Artificial
Yamask & Cofaggrigus - Ghost / Artificial
Mirror type
Unlike some other typings, Mirror type can't be defined as "cut-off for another typing" because it's more related to something abstract. It's a type about mirroring, copying and of course, the most important, reflecting. A lot of Pokemon would benefit from it, especially because it will probably be a good defensive typing (Real mirrors reflect heat and light, so Fire and Fairy resistances, etc). For example, Carbink would no longer compete with Regirock, Golem, Gigalith, Aggron, etc for the defensive Rock-type niche, with Mirror/Fairy typing it would be solid (no pun intended). Same thing with Avalugg or Cryogonal, who wouldn't be simply defensive Ice-types anymore. Mirror would serve as a typing that doesn't hit many things super-effectively, but isn't resisted by many things either. A neutral STAB, maybe similar to Normal.

Plus, if we add Light type (we probably will at one point), then Mirror type will be the opposite to it, and be immune to it.

Possible/Example Pokemon: Carbink, Diancie, Mega Sableye, Mega Steelix, Vanilluxe line, Alolan Sandslash line, Avalugg, Cryogonal, Grumpig line, Necrozma, Starmie line, Dialga, Palkia (have a reflective part in their bodies like polished ice or a jewel)
Wobbuffet line (closely related to Mirror Coat)
Mr. Mime (closely related to Reflect/Light Screen)
Chatot (closely related to Mirror Move)
Electrode (learns Light Screen+Mirror Coat by level-up, and "mirrors" Pokebals)
Mew, Ditto (closely related to Transform, mirroring/copying the opponent)
NOT Mirror Pokemon: Minior, Steelix, Lunatone, Solrock, Espeon, Xatu, Aegislash, Ferrothorn, Mega Ampharos
Example Moves: Mimic, Mirror Move, Mirror Shot, Mirror Coat, Transform, Copycat, Reflect, Light Screen, Barrier, Reflect Type
Brutal Type
There are many Pokémon that are simply brutal, often from anger, and thus use their powerful strength (or if a Special attacker, shoot like there's no tomorrow). We do not talk about the straightforward, usually heroic Fighting-type or the stereotyped-as-evil and pragmatic Dark-type; we talk about the Pokémon who are just plain brutal.

For further details, here's how Brutal Type would stand out from Fighting, Normal and Dark-types.
  • Fighting focuses on honor and straightforward combat, Dark instead use pragmatism and dishonest strategies, and Normal had nothing too special.
  • Brutal is all about strength and violence. Not about honor, not about pragmatism, and being violent is not always a normal thing.
  • This means that Pokémon who resorts to only violence, are viciously aggressive, or are constantly angry will likely to be brutal. No honor, no cunning strategy and go over-the-top than attacking normally.
  • Since brutality tend to be risky, we can put emphasis on making the moves strong and versatile, but also very reckless, as most moves will have notable drawback.

Suggested/Theorized Type Effectiveness
Strong Against:
Fairy, Normal, Psychic
Resisted By: Bug, Dragon
Weak To: Dragon, Bug
Resists: Fairy, Normal, Psychic, Ground

Type Effectiveness Reasoning:
Brutes will not care about cuteness (which Fairy is often associated with) and will not hesitate to attack normal and intelligent persons. That said, they will get into trouble when they comes face to face with Bug (swarm of bugs can kill even a strong brute) and Dragon (dragons are generally stronger than real life brutes). Ground resistance is that brutal person will only get angrier when getting sand or mud to the face, although not without damage, especially from earthquake.

Potential Pokémon: Gyarados (Normal only; Water/Brutal), Fearow (Brutal/Flying), Raticate (Brutal or Normal/Brutal), Alolan Raticate (Brutal/Dark), Primeape (Fighting/Brutal), Pinsir (Bug/Brutal), Tauros (Brutal), Feraligatr (Water/Brutal), Mega Steelix (Not normal Steelix; Steel/Brutal, change Ability if necessary), Tyranitar (Both normal and Mega; Rock/Brutal), Beautifly (Bug/Brutal), Carvanha and Sharpedo (Water/Brutal, also applies to Mega Sharpedo), Zangoose (Normal/Brutal), Seviper (Poison/Brutal), Mega Glalie (not normal Glalie; Ice/Brutal), Huntail (Water/Brutal), Rampardos (Rock/Brutal), Rhyperior (Ground/Brutal), Pignite and Emboar (Fire/Brutal), Throh and Sawk (Fighting/Brutal), Darmanitan (regular only; Fire/Brutal), Pangoro (Dark/Brutal), Tyrantrum (Dragon/Brutal), Crabominable (Brutal/Ice), Lycanroc-Midnight (Rock/Brutal), Guzzlord (Brutal/Dragon), Zarora (Electric/Brutal)

Potential Moves: Buffed Strength (90 BP but no effect), Mega Punch, Mega Kick (85% Accuracy), Crush Claw, Take Down, Fury Attack, Headbutt, Skull Bash, Crunch, Bite, Brutal Swing (95 BP), Special Brutal Moves (one that is 95 BP and 10% to decrease Attack by 1 stage, another that is 120 BP but have 80% accuracy, and have 10% chance of lower Special Defense by 1 stage).
Mineral type
Why the heck this exists? So simple, for some reason GameFreak things a bunch of boldors (a.k.a Rock-type) are the same as stuff as diamonds and other kind of pretty gems, so that's the reasoning of its existance.
-Weak to: Mineral, Steel, Fighting, Water (?)
-Resists: Grass, Fire, Ice, Bug, Flying, Rock, Electric (?)
-Stronk against: Mineral, Fire, Flying, Ice, Dark.
-Resisted by: Steel, Water, idk what more :p
Reasoning: Weak to itself cause diamonds can only cut themselves with other diamonds, to steel cause pickaxes can be made of steel, weak to Fighting cause most of them are crystal based and can be easily broken up with punches n stuff. Resistant to Grass cause it isn't organic and plant life cannot proccess it, to Fire cause aren't affected by fire n that kind of things, to Flying cause birds cannot see crystals neither break them, Rock because crystals are harder. More stuff l8er.
Potential Moves:
-Physical:
Diamond Storm.
-Special: Power Gem, Dazzling gleam.
Potential Pokemon: Carbink, Diancie, Steelix, Roggenrola line, Cryogonal, Staryu line, Ampharos-Mega, Sableye (& Mega), Vespiquen, Nihilego, Necrozmas, Minior, basically anything that learns Power Gem lol.
I think an interesting concept could be the cyber or technological type (open to ideas on what to call it, maybe even Virtual or something), a type for Pokemon that appear to be inorganic or manufactured in some way. I feel there are actually a decent number of candidates when you dig deep into the pool of Pokemon

Potential Pokemon
Porygon line
Magnemite line
Voltorb line
Metagross line
Genesect
Mewtwo
Ditto maybe?
Bronzong
Castform
Deoxys
Reuniclus
Klinklang?
Klefki?
There's probably even a handful more I'm not thinking of

Potential Moves
Tri-Attack, Sharpen, Conversion, Lock-On
Signal Beam maybe?
Charge Beam
Some other stuff, there's way too many moves to look through

Potential Properties
strong against: psychic, fairy, ghost, steel
weak against: normal, fighting, grass, cyber
Since most ideas are already taken, I’d like to get a bit creative and propose the plasma type then. Despite having like very few representatives, I think it’d be an interesting type that isn’t really covered by any combination of types in all honesty.

Potential Pokémon
Solrock (Rock / Plasma)
Rotom (Plasma / x)
Amaura & Aurorus (Rock / Plasma)
Zeraora (Plasma & Electric)

Potential Moves
Aurora Beam
Heat Wave
Simple Beam
Ion Deluge
Aurora Veil
Plasma Fists

Potential Properties
Offensively Strong Against: Flying & Ice
Offensively Weak Against: Fire, Electric, & Plasma
Defensively Strong Against: Fire, Electric, & Plasma
Defensively Weak Against: Ice
Beast Type
There are a lot of Normal type Pokemon in the game which struggle because of the type's lack of offensive utility, and there are also a lot of mono-typed Pokemon which could really use a second STAB. A lot of these Pokemon are also based on vicious predators, interestingly, so the Beast type would really help give a lot of horrendously outclassed Pokemon some new life. Let's be specific here, though: This isn't for all Pokemon based off of animals, but only the more predatory and mammalian ones (no snakes). Beast type also has the opportunity to be another Poison-weak type if we choose to, since Poison could really use some help offensively. Some custom special moves would need to be created, though...

Example Pokemon: Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Stoutland, Ursaring, Beartic, Manectric, Feraligatr, Mightyena
NOT Beast Pokemon: Lopunny, Snorlax, Raticate, Arbok, Serperior, Tauros
Example Moves: Bite, Crunch, Howl, Roar, Growl, Glare, Super Fang, Hyper Fang, Odor Sleuth, Noble Roar, Rage, Thrash
Possible Weaknesses: Poison, Dragon, Steel, Fire
Possible Resistances: Ground, Fighting, Ice, Dark
Possibly Hits Super Effectively: Fairy, Fighting, Ground, Flying (cats eat lots of birds, foxes like chickens, etc)
Possibly Resisted By: Dragon, Steel, Poison, Ghost, Rock

While these are only possibilities and not guaranteed, these resistances/weaknesses grant a lot to the metagame in many ways. A resistance and advantage against Ground means more good checks to Zygarde that can't get wrecked by Thousand Arrows. A poison weakness, helping to bring a poor offensive type back into the meta. Hitting fairies super effectively helps fight against a frankly rather OP type. Beast also hits Landorus-T 4x super effectively and we're all sick of that thing by this point :P. It's also a buff to Dragons, which were really hurt by Fairy's introduction. Being resisted by Rock also helps out a type which is really bad defensively.
Wave:
Waves are the transference of energy through matter and can be seen in phenomena such as sound waves and waves at the beach. There are several Pokemon whose design is based on sound as well as several moves. It could also help diversify some Normal Pokemon and Moves, particularly status moves. There are some Water types that can be differentiated from the rest of the Water thanks to their affinity with waves (think Mantine surfing from USUM). Moves that affect the movement of water rather than water itself will also become Wave type.

Also will only one concept type goes through to submission phase and then everyone will be submitting that same type?

Edit: Changed type from Sound to Wave.
Ayyy, this is out. cool.

New Type - Wind
Wind type would be a good way to differentiate between moves such as Hurricane and Brave Bird, and make a split between Pokemon that can actually fly and Pokemon that use the wind to float, such as Charizard and Drifblim.

Potential Pokemon - Hoppip Line, Drifloon Line, Rotom-Fan, Tornadus
Potential Moves - Razor Wind, Tailwind, Whirlwind, Hurricane, Gust, Defog, Twister

Potential Weaknesses - Wind?
Potential Resistances - Ground, Fighting

Plate Name - Gale Plate
Spiritual
Description/Justification
: The Spiritual type could be a better fit for Pokemon that appear kind of monk-like or those that practice spiritual-like activities. Many of these Pokemon are already considered Psychic-type, and this would not only help differentiate them from other Psychic-types but also add some extra personality/flavor to these Pokemon. For example, whereas Psychic-types are afraid of bugs, ghosts, and the dark, Spiritual types might be more resilient - a better representation of mind-over-matter-type Pokemon.

Example Pokemon: Mega Alakazam, Xatu line, Lugia, Medicham line, Lake Trio, Oranguru, Lucario, Slowking, Darmanitan-Zen Mode
Example Moves: Calm Mind, Instruct, Meditate, Laser Focus, Stored Power, Aura Sphere, Focus Energy, Focus Blast

Potential Weaknesses: Psychic, Electric, Poison
Potential Resistances: Fighting, Ghost, Dark
So for a type I've wanted to see since forever, I'd say is Magic

Different than Fairy, I think Magic could be more interactive type chart shenanigans.

For instance, Magic could be like that one type weak to normal! And easily SE vs. Electric (energy overload)

Different to Fairy and Psychic, Magic is less in the mind and more by the books or even casting or mastering the elements. Magic is more study oriented than the meditative psychic or cutesy fairy. Besides which, I can only think of a few moves that need change... most of them are non-attack moves.

If my formatting is wrong, let me know.

Attacking:
SE: Electric, Ghost, Poison, Fairy
NVE: Ice, Grass, Dragon, Normal,

Defending:
Weak to: Psychic, Normal, Grass, Dragon, Dark
Resists: Ghost, Fairy, Electric, Water, Ice, Ground, Fire
Immune: Rock

When paired in a dual type correctly, Magic types can easily resist some powerful sweepers like Terrakion, Marshadow, Hawlucha and Mega Pinsir. Its resistance to the elements can really help a lot as built in bolt beam resistance goes far. Magic/Fairy (let's face it, there's lots of potential for the combo as is) resists dragon/fire, Water/Dragon and Kyurem's entire moveset outside of the rare Iron Head or Flash Cannon. Paired with a Ghost (a certain magus ghost if you will), the type immunity is grand with immunity to Rock/Ground/Ghost/Normal!

Delphox is defensively going enjoy removing all of his fire weaknesses and Stealth Rock Immunity.

Changed Moves: Magic Coat, Magic Bounce, Barrier, Tri Attack???

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Noble, there are already so many good subs to begin with.

Also, four votes for Light already? That went fast! If this wins (when voting phase ends that is) I will be so happy, and if it does, I might plan a "Shadow" type after we done with the next winning type!

Last edited:
Noble, there are already so good subs to begin with.

Also, four votes for Light already? That went fast! If this wins (when voting phase ends that is) I will be so happy, and if it does, I might plan a "Shadow" type after we done with the next winning type!
With moves like Shadow Claw and Shadow Ball and Shadow Sneak, right? It’s ingenious!

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
With moves like Shadow Claw and Shadow Ball and Shadow Sneak, right? It’s ingenious!
Yeah but then we had to also have "replacement" new Ghost-type moves so that Ghost-type will not end up having their main STAB sources dried up (such as Ghoul Sphere if Shadow Ball becomes Shadow-type). Just sayin'.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Light have eight votes now... Eight. Wow! Thank you everyone!

I'm going to be honest. I was not expecting eight votes for Light in a single day (as of this post). IIRC Heart, Time and Space had around 6 in average, and only after around two days of voting. The inevitable is coming faster, and in full force.

I... I think it is getting too obvious now (unless another type is suddenly catching up). I better not hype myself too much but Light previously only having 3 and then 1, only for a whopping 8 this time really caught me off guard.

Light have eight votes now... Eight. Wow! Thank you everyone!

I'm going to be honest. I was not expecting eight votes for Light in a single day (as of this post). IIRC Heart, Time and Space had around 6 in average, and only after around two days of voting. The inevitable is coming faster, and in full force.

I... I think it is getting too obvious now (unless another type is suddenly catching up). I better not hype myself too much but Light previously only having 3 and then 1, only for a whopping 8 this time really caught me off guard.
Since Light is probably going to win, I have a question regarding it's general theme. I agree with you that it should mainly be about elemental light, but would a few "holiness"related moves be okay with you? I think this might be cool because another type already does this. Dark is mainly about evil, but there are also a few actual darkness related moves like Night Daze and Dark Void.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)