Typing: The Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of Primal/alternate forms and Regional Forms, and I think, beyond just giving more pokemon new typings, it allows people to think of pokemon in a different way. For example, if you think a pokemon fits the typing it has right now, but also think it has reason to be a certain type, you could say that it should get a regional form with that typing, or an alternate form if it fits more. For example, if both noble and hero were to be added, the swords of justice, who all make sense as noble, hero, and the unique typing each one has, we could make their noble forms their original forms, and give them a regional form (or resolute forms, to make it fit with Resolute Keldeo), which replaces their noble-typing with a hero-typing, or vice versa. overall, I think that using these will help us with adding new mons with those typings, while also not resorting to fakemon.

as for how powerful the primal forms are, I don't think i'd be able to tell without using them.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
For the Primals, I do not think of a better idea of nerfing the new Primals, though I think we should just tone down the Abilities as the stat boosts can be more than just enough.

For the Regional Forms, this is my suggestion, and this will pretty much help out without resorting into the more complex procedure of making Fakemons. This also help out filling missing Type combinations for the new Types quicker, provided that they could fill a niche.

All I gonna suggest for the "Old" Moves and Abilities is simply buff Gale Wings to activate if the user have 50% HP or higher (to make it in-line to Quick Flash) and give King's Shield to Pokemon with resemblance of royalty or that have actual shields or resembles one.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Official post

Everyone, today is a great day.

Typing: The Mod is now playable on DragonHeaven!

The mod is currently coded up to the Space typing, without the primal forms and Mirror Body (for the moment). This is possible to the humongous work of DatHeatmor and charizard8888, so a huge thanks to both of you! From now on, we will be starting to put a VR in place, based on OU and the lots of modification that we're adding with this mod. I'll soonly edit the reserved post to put a VR and a sample team section.

P.S. A link to dragonheaven's client, it's easier to build from there.

P.P.S. Expect a discord server soon :)

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Eerr is a match up decided on?

If the tiebreaker hasn't broken, Gravity should just choose which one is better overall or do a random pick.

It doesn't seem like the type icons for the new types have been added... I tested with a Skill Swap Protean with a Primal Groudon with Ancient Power, and there was no icon; it was just Time in white font color and the no image icon.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
It doesn't seem like the type icons for the new types have been added... I tested with a Skill Swap Protean with a Primal Groudon with Ancient Power, and there was no icon; it was just Time in white font color and the no image icon.
It is either a glitch, the type icons aren't added yet, or that it is just difficult to code in the new type color font and image as Showdown seems to be only able to fully show what genuinely programmed in base game of Showdown, and not "side-codes" via Pet Mods iirc.

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
Official post

Okay so we're gonna wrap up things here with a little voting, just to officialize some things. You can vote for one thing in each group.

Gale Wing buff
No Gale Wing buff

New regional Forms
No new regionals forms

Quicknerf primal forms
Wait for the playtests

(You can vote for multiple options here except for the last one)
Give Bright Light Protect's mechanics
Give Bright Light 8 PPs
Give Bright Light a negative priority
Make light-types immune to Bright Light
Keep Bright Light as it is right now

Let's go through this quickly so we can start a new typing phase soon!

Give Bright Light 8 PPs

Gale Wing Buff
New Regional Formes
Quicknerf Primal Forms

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Gale Wing Buff
New Regional Forms
Quicknerf Primal Forms

Give Bright Light Protect's mechanics
Give Bright Light 8 PPs

lol

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Gale Wing Buff
New Regional Forms
Wait for Playtests

Give Bright Light a negative Priority
Make Light-types immune to Bright Light

Last edited:
Gale Wing Buff
New Regional Forms
Quicknerf Primal Forms

Give Bright Light Protect mechanics
Make Light-types immune to Bright Light

I think Bright Light should primarily be used to give safe switches. Giving 8 pp is a bit too much alongside these other nerfs, in my opinion.

Gale Wing buff

New regional Forms

Quicknerf primal forms

Gale Wing buff
New Regional Forms

Wait for the Playtests (or just ban them to ubers, no need to nerf any primals bc they're supposed to be powerful)

idk what Bright Light is so don't count me for or against any of those five options

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
Official post

Well.
Gale Wing now activates if you have 1/2th of your total health, we will have new regionals form starting from next balancing phase, and bright light now has protect mechanics, a negative priority, and light is immune to it. It still has 16 PPs, though.

As for primal forms, we're technically having a tie. Personally, I think that since T:TM is playable right now (but without the primals), we should see how the current metagames plays itself, and then see how the primals affect the metagame, even if we end up banning some before we actually starts to nerf them. Even though some of them are absurdly strong, some of them might actually not be as broken as they seems, and to make them instantly worse without any consideration might makes us pass on something really interesting for the mod. Because of that, we're going to wait for further testing.

A new typing slate is coming soon, though with a slightly tweaked formula to make it easier to apprehend some phases (*cough cough* distribution phase *cough cough*). So, stay tuned!

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
Official post

Typing: The Mod {Slate #9 (One More Time) - Concept Phase}

Yay! We're going for the ninth slate and the fifth new typing slate! As mentioned before, this slate is going to be a little different than the others. We're going to have more phases, but they are going to be smaller. Anyway, we don't have any time to lose! Let's get started on this new type!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)