U RANDOLF ZIGGLER- an OU Warstory

Hello everybody, I'm Smith and this is my first warstory of a rather interesting battle. I've been wanting to make a warstory for a while and I think this battle is perfect for a couple of reasons. One was that it was really close and just a good battle, but you'll see the second reason at the end. Enough intro, onto the warstory.

Smith's team:

As you can see the team is pretty standard (read: boring). This comes into play later, as you will see.
-Lunchbox-'s moves will look like this.
Smith.'s moves will look like this.
other text will look like this.
Leftovers will be removed.
Sandstorm/hail damage will be removed.
Scores will be shown after each KO.

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause
-Lunchbox- sent out Alhagi (lvl 100 Azelf).
Smith. sent out Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
The battle starts off in my favour, as my Heatran lead usually does well against Colbur or Standard or whatever Azelfs. I'm running a Mild LO set, so I'll SR now as the opponent stealth rocks or switches out or whatever.

Alhagi used Explosion.
It's not very effective...
Heatran lost 100% of its health.
Smith.'s Heatran fainted.
(6-5)
-Lunchbox-'s Alhagi fainted.
(5-5)
---

OUCH. Not at all the start I was hoping for as a main part of my core, SRer, and stallbreaker dies immediately. I assume his was a CB or something, because I don't know why he would sacrifice his SRer for an early game explosion against the most common Pokemon in OU. It is now blind switch time, and usually my plan for these is to switch in something that would have been stopped by whatever Pokemon of his just died. But Azelf's don't really fall under this category. Lucario is obviously out, and what I have to consider is that, if he's blowing up on Heatrans for no reason, he probably doesn't have a bulky water, which means Shaymin isn't really going to get as many chances to set up as I would like. So without thinking about it too much I switch him in.

-Lunchbox- switched in Uzi (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
Smith. switched in Shaymin (lvl 100 Shaymin).

No bueno. I use Protect to scout for a Fire Blast or a Lava Plume and hopefully get some information about the set.

Shaymin used Protect.
Shaymin protected itself!
Uzi used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
---

And I let him set up Stealth Rock. Great. This at least tells me he probably has a Shuca Berry, and pretending I have Earth Power simply isn't going to work (I'm running Leech Seed / Protect / Seed Flare / Hidden Power Fire). I can at least infer it's not scarfed and not likely to use Explosion when it has the advantage, so switching in my Suicune to hopefully get some momentum back seems good.

Smith. switched in Suicune (lvl 100 Suicune).
Suicune is exerting its pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Suicune.
Suicune lost 12% of its health.
Uzi used Fire Blast.
Suicune lost 27% of its health.
---

I finally manage to do something right! A switch is inevitable, and I know that CM Suicune is a real battering ram in the early game, so I CM up and see what comes in!

-Lunchbox- switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Suicune used Calm Mind.
Suicune's special attack was raised.
Suicune's special defence was raised.
---

An odd choice, but I certainly see the logic here. He can trick me a scarf, if he really is that weak to this thing, so I almost go to Rotom to absorb it, but it could be a different set- Sub + thunder wave in particular would not be good with my dead Heatran. Really I have no good counter for Jirachi now, and the risk of paralysis or poison means I have to kill this thing as soon as possible, and can't let him get up a substitute up. Of course I'm probably just being paranoid, but really Iron Head would not be good for anybody. So I decided, screw it, I'm just going to Hydro Pump the bastard.

Jirachi used Calm Mind.
Jirachi's special attack was raised.
Jirachi's special defence was raised.
Suicune used Hydro Pump.
Jirachi lost 38% of its health.
---

And the possibility of a Calm Mind totally escapes me! I can't trick away Rotom's scarf this early in the match, because I haven't seen the team and who knows what he has in the wings? I am NOT in a good spot, but I figure that Hydro Pump is a 3HKO, let's just stick to the guns and not let him get any more calm minds.

Jirachi used Thunderbolt.
It's super effective!
Suicune lost 42% of its health.
Suicune used Hydro Pump.
Jirachi lost 44% of its health.
---
Jirachi used Thunderbolt.
It's super effective!
Suicune lost 39% of its health.
Suicune used Hydro Pump.
A critical hit!
Jirachi lost 30% of its health.
-Lunchbox-'s Jirachi fainted.
(4-5)
---
-Lunchbox- switched in Flygon (lvl 100 Flygon ?).

Suicune survives the onslaught, but in a weakened state. He's not really going to be doing any more sweeping or even switching in from the looks of it, so I decide saving him is useless. He didn't do his job in the way I had hoped, but he did protect me from a worse fate. Let's just see what my opponent does.
Flygon used U-turn.
Suicune lost 11% of its health.
Smith.'s Suicune fainted.
(4-4)
-Lunchbox- switched in Uzi (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
---

Shit, full circle. I have to switch something into this Heatran, but my main stop is dead. Dragonite is clearly the only option I have, but actually this is a perfect opportunity to launch off a Superpower and actually start doing some damage!

Smith. switched in Dragonite (lvl 100 Dragonite ?).
Pointed stones dug into Dragonite.
Dragonite lost 25% of its health.
Uzi used Explosion.
A critical hit!
Dragonite lost 75% of its health.
Smith.'s Dragonite fainted.
(4-3)
-Lunchbox-'s Uzi fainted.
(3-3)
---

Oh god, is he explosion happy. Now is probably a good time to give you an idea of what the match is looking like, since it is now officially the mid-game/late-game. I have a healthy Shaymin, as well as a Scarf Rotom and a SD Lucario he hasn't seen yet. He has 3 unknown Pokemon. Following my blind switch rule, I go to Shaymin, which in hindsight was very, very stupid.
Pointed stones dug into Shaymin.
Shaymin lost 12% of its health.

And I facepalm. Obviously he's going to predict the only Pokemon he's seen! You have got to get it together Smith! Thankfully a U turn isn't going to damage me too badly, so I fire off a Leech Seed, hopefully weakening something to the point where Lucario can clean up.

Flygon used U-turn.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Shaymin lost 73% of its health.
-Lunchbox- switched in Reedeem (lvl 100 Suicune).
Reedeem is exerting its pressure!
Shaymin used Leech Seed.
Reedeem was seeded!
Reedeem's health was sapped by leech seed!
Reedeem lost 12% of its health.
Shaymin regained health!
Shaymin restored 10% of its health.
---

Hax swoops in and slaps Shaymin in the face with a backhand- it didn't really hurt, but it stings, because I am now at the risk of dying to a Ice beam. Really Protect is my only option, as I need some health and don't run enough special attack to OHKO the bastard.

Systematikz has entered the room.
Shaymin used Protect.
---
Systematikz: GODLYYY
Smith.: wut

And a spectator enters and shouts that something is godly, although I can't for the life of me figure out what( hence my concise rebuttal). I can't risk another U turn, so I think that it's probably a good time to reveal another Pokemon.
Smith. switched in Rotom-w (lvl 100 Rotom-w).
Pointed stones dug into Rotom-w.
Rotom-w lost 12% of its health.
Flygon used U-turn.
Rotom-w lost 14% of its health.
-Lunchbox- switched in qahS (lvl 100 Breloom ?).
qahS was badly poisoned!
---

SHIT. Breloom is not who I wanted to see. Spore is coming from a mile away, and it doesn't look good. Hypothetically, I could go to Shaymin and absorb the spore, then back to rotom to break the sub- but then Rotom falls asleep and I have a Breloom on the loose, ready to clean up the team- I would have to sac Lucario or Shaymin to hold him off, neither of which I am willing to do. I have to make a tough decision- I simply cannot have that fucker focus punching what little remains of my team.

Rotom-w used Trick.
Rotom-w obtained Toxic Orb!
qahS obtained Choice Scarf!
qahS used Spore.
Rotom-w fell asleep!
qahS's Poison Heal restored health!
---

Yep. For the third time, I have to make a blind switch, and I have the beginnings of a strategy in my mind. I have all the tools I need to beat him, but I have to play my cards just right. I can't switch in Shaymin until I'm sure that he won't u turn or outrage with Flygon, and my only option is the unrevealed beast- Lucario.

Smith. switched in Lucario (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
Pointed stones dug into Lucario.
Lucario lost 3% of its health.
---

He now knows that he is royally fucked if he lets this guy set up- I sweep him clean if I get a SD. Phase 1- introduce some pressure. Now it's time for phase 2. I know he has to use Earthquake, but I can't switch in a sleeping Rotom and let him get any momentum. Shaymin is my only option.

Pointed stones dug into Shaymin.
Shaymin lost 12% of its health.
Flygon used Earthquake.
Shaymin lost 20% of its health.
---

Shaymin lacks the HP to set up properly, but if I get lucky with some protects, I might just pull this off!

Shaymin used Protect.
Flygon used Earthquake.
---
Shaymin used Protect.
But it failed!
Flygon used Earthquake.
Shaymin lost 17% of its health.
---

No such luck. Ah well, I didn't plan on him surviving anyway. Now I do the only thing I can do- phase 3, switch in my snoozing Rotom-w.

Flygon used Earthquake.
Shaymin lost 7% of its health.
Smith.'s Shaymin fainted.
(3-2)
---

And now, he has to switch out of Flygon, the only thing on the team that keeps me from winning this game. I just need 1 turn, and Rotom has given it to me. He's not going to go to a scarfed Breloom on an already sweeping Rotom, so I know what I must do- Phase 4, switch in Lucario on what must be Suicune!

-Lunchbox- switched in Reedeem (lvl 100 Suicune).
Reedeem is exerting its pressure!
Smith. switched in Lucario (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
Pointed stones dug into Lucario.
Lucario lost 3% of its health.
---

YES. I have him! I just need 1 more turn of set up to sweep him clean.I have only one option, and that is to dance and attack until LO kills him. Phase 5 is under way.

Lucario used Swords Dance.
Lucario's attack was sharply raised.
Reedeem used Hydro Pump.
Lucario lost 73% of its health.
---

And it begins! Resting at 21% health, and with a sleeping Rotom in the wings, I can kill every one of his Pokemon with no health left, but a sleeping Rotom protects my right to win this game.
Lucario used Close Combat.
Reedeem lost 100% of its health.
-Lunchbox-'s Reedeem fainted.
(2-2)
Lucario's defence was lowered.
Lucario's special defence was lowered.
Lucario lost 10% of its health.
---

I almost click Close Combat, but at the last second I remember that he's scarfed. PHEW.

-Lunchbox- switched in qahS (lvl 100 Breloom ?).
Lucario used Extremespeed.
qahS lost 100% of its health.
-Lunchbox-'s qahS fainted.
(1-2)
Lucario lost 10% of its health.
---

And it comes to this! After a terrible start, I finally manage to clinch victory. Good game Lunchbox!
-Lunchbox-: OHHHHHH
Systematikz: lol
Systematikz: !
Lucario used Extremespeed.
Flygon lost 93% of its health.
Lucario lost 2% of its health.
Smith.'s Lucario fainted.

(1-1)
Flygon used Outrage.
But there was no target!
---

Yep, surprise! I was running Jolly Lucario. The 1st turn comes back and gets me, as a lack of SR means that Lucario lacks the firepower to KO Flygon with Extremespeed. Still a great match, as I futilely switch in Rotom to do whatever.

Systematikz: GODLYLYLY
Flygon used Outrage.
Flygon went on a rampage!
Rotom-w lost 49% of its health.
Smith.'s Rotom-w fainted.
(1-0)
-Lunchbox- wins!

Okay and this is a great battle and all, but it really hadn't occurred to me to make a warstory. Some of you are probably wondering about the title. The truth is, the post game commentary was... ridiculous. Hilarious, and it makes no sense. I offer my gg's but my opponent has no such plans.

Smith.: gg
Systematikz: BAGGED
-Lunchbox-: STOOP NOOB
-Lunchbox-: JOLLY
-Lunchbox-: WILDA
Systematikz: LOL
Smith.: what the fuck is wrong with you people
-Lunchbox-: SROIDDD
Systematikz: LOL U RANDOLF
Smith.: I have no idea what you are saying
-Lunchbox-: U RANDOLF ZIGGLER
Systematikz: ZIGGLERINO
-Lunchbox-: TEAM COPY NOOB
-Lunchbox-: RIGHT ON OF SMOGON THREAD
-Lunchbox-: JUS COPY THE TEAM
-Lunchbox-: U RAVAGE
Systematikz: LOL
Systematikz: YOUR TURN
-Lunchbox- has left the room.
Systematikz has left the room.

LOL. WUT. My twin brother (who plays no competitive Pokemon) was watching this all unfold sitting next to me. After they both left, he asked, "Does Smogon have a thing, where you post funny logs of assholes you find on Shoddy?" Well, technically, no, but this qualifies, right? Anyways, I guess the spectator knew Lunchbox and that Randolf Ziggler had used a similar team, and he was accusing me of copying it? Really I guess we'll never know as I lack the capacity to translate this, but I thought the end result was too funny to go unpublished. Thank you Smogon, I hope you enjoyed this warstory!

This log was formatted using Warmachine Version 1.0

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I was expecting a crappy warstory from the title, but this wasn't that bad. Pretty good battle, average commentary, somewhat suspenseful ending (would have helped if you showed the percentages between turns), and that guy likes to go BOOM!

6/10. I look forward to your future warstories.

I liked it. Your opponent is an absolute nutjob, but the battle was good and well commented. I'd give it a 7.5/10 or something if I was big on percentage rates.

Pretty good warstory and a suspense filled ending. I have no idea what your opponent was saying at the end of the battle but it was still funny. I agree that percentages of each Pokemon's health would have made it easy to follow.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey Smith

It was a nice battle and you seemd to have decent comments. Nice read

Also nice to see Protect + Leech Seed is being used (I almost never see it). Nice warstory, your opponent was weird though...

Wait, so even though your opponent was mouthing off at you at the end, they still gave you permission to use their name in the warstory??

Thank you everybody for the comments, I had wanted to include percentages but I wasn't too sure how to keep track of them based on the log, plus with leftovers and whatnot I wasn't sure at precisely what they were sitting at after every turn so I decided it wasn't worth the trouble just to guesstimate it all. Plus most of the Pokemon died from 100% to 0%, so I wasn't sure how much it would help. And TotalPotato, I tried to contact him and he wouldn't respond, and I figured the ending part lost a lot without the names (bob and joe calling me randolf ziggler wouldn't have been quite as funny).

It wasn't that bad, but you could have made safer decisions in the end to clinch the match. Switching rotom in when he eq'ed could have slept a turn off, then he'd have to switch, allowing you to take another turn off, but not bad. Why Jolly over Adamant?

Also he was hyper active and obviously immature, but that's the breaks lol.

Random something. On that final Shaymin X FLygon, couldn't you have seeded it instead of spamming Protect (or spammed Protect after seeding it)? He obviously wouldn't be able to stop the EQing, and anything he could have switched in would still feed your flowery hedgehog with a bit of HP. I doubt you'd be able to seedstall it, but at least those 8% HP Lucario couldn't get out of mr. greendragon at the end would probably be taken off because of the seeds.

And well, obligatory what the hell was that at the end.

Nice match, by the way.

Aeron Ee1

Nom nom nom
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Heyy, if you spell Randolf Ziggler backwards, you get Relggiz Flodnar... Now it makes total sense!
Haha, awesome warstory. The best part was the ending tho =P Also, this should teach you paranoid Lucario users why Adamant is supreme!

this was a good warstory. i enjoyed the battle but this:
-Lunchbox-: TEAM COPY NOOB
-Lunchbox-: RIGHT ON OF SMOGON THREAD
-Lunchbox-: JUS COPY THE TEAM
-Lunchbox-: U RAVAGE
was by far my favorite part. the brazilian showed

Your opponent is a bad looser, but he could just have a bad day.
The warstory was pretty good, keep it up ^^

I enjoyed it, not bad for your first try for sure. The log at the end made my life. I'm going to start calling random people at work Randolf Zigglers. XD

Look forward to seeing some future work. 7.5/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)