Uber Updates Index (NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS!)

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

[UBERS UPDATES]

PM THEORYMON, BOJANGLES, or COLONEL M IF THERE IS AN ERROR WITH THE INDEX
  • Ubers Updates refers to the creation, testing, and writing of sets and other sections of an analysis of UBER / OU / BL / UU Pokemon for use in the Ubers tier.

• These are essentially new, separate analyses for lower tiered Pokemon for use in the Ubers metagame. This means that you should include Sets, Team Options, Other Options, EVs, Counters, and Opinion.

• Do not reserve an outrageous number of updates at the same time. I will use my discretion for reservations. If you already have a few updates reserved or you have a history of not completing your updates in a timely manner, you will not be allowed to reserve an analysis.

• Only post sets that you have tested. This is not a project in which you invent (the bad kind of) gimmicky sets that may or may not work in Ubers. If a Pokemon has absolutely no use in the Ubers tier, it will not have an update. This is also subject to discretion.

• In the same vein, do not post to reserve an analysis until after you have tested a Pokémon and deemed it successful.

• When posting an analysis, follow the peer edit format. This means that you must comply with Smogon peer edit format and include a link to the original analysis. Sprites and "progress" checks at the beginning of threads are not required, but they certainly look nice and help out a bit.

• Analyses for non-Uber Pokemon will not have their own tab until the necessary framework is set up. (This could be a while, but we are getting a jump on things.) However, we are still uploading completed analysis on non-Uber Pokemon.

• Because these sets are unconventional, I'm going to HIGHLY recommend that you post logs in your updates.

RESERVED

Uber
  • Deoxys-S - Theorymon
  • Latias - Jibaku
  • Mew - bojangles - Part 2
  • Dialga - Colonel M - Revamp
  • Deoxys-D - firecape - Revamp
  • Giratina-O - shrang - Format Update and concise.
  • Groudon - Iconic - Revamp
  • Shaymin-S - capefeather - Update
OU/BL
  • Abomasnow - Theorymon
  • Bronzong - Theorymon
  • Forretress - Theorymon
  • Heatran - Theorymon
  • Mamoswine - Darkmalice
  • Metagross - Theorymon
  • Shaymin - Theorymon
  • Skarmory - Theorymon
  • Tyranitar - Theorymon
UU/NU
  • Cloyster - Theorymon
  • Jumpluff - Theorymon
  • Shedinja - Colonel M
  • Ludicolo - twash
  • Qwilfish - Theorymon
  • Hariyama - Rolf
POSTED

Uber
OU/BL
UU/NU

ON SITE

Uber
  • Darkai- Theorymon
  • Deoxys - franky
  • Deoxys-D - Gen. Empoleon
  • Dialga - Theorymon
  • Garchomp - Theorymon
  • Giratina - Fireburn
  • Giratina-O - Theorymon / Jibaku
  • Groudon - Theorymon / Train Man
  • Ho-Oh - Fireburn
  • Kyogre - Theorymon
  • Latios - Fireburn
  • Lugia - bojangles
  • Manaphy - Fireburn
  • Mew (part one) - Bojangles
  • Mewtwo - Fireburn / Theorymon / Twash
  • Palkia - Fireburn
  • Rayquaza - Theorymon
  • Shaymin-S - Theorymon
  • Wobbuffet - Theorymon
OU/BL
  • Blissey - Theorymon
  • Cresselia - Darkmalice
  • Frosslass - Fireburn
  • Gengar - bohangles
  • Infernape - Fireburn
  • Kingdra - Theorymon
  • Lucario - Theorymon
  • Magnezone - Fireburn
  • Ninjask - mtr12
  • Salamence - Theorymon
  • Smeargle - Gen. Empoleon
UU/NU
  • Kabutops - bojangles
  • Quagsire - Komodo
  • Shiftry - mtr12
  • Uxie - Theorymon

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd like to reserve a format update and concise of Giratina-O, please (Tmon your analysis will now undergo a weight-loss program, heh)

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, please read this thread before reserving updates of Uber Pokemon, since not all of them require a whole new thread.

PM one of the Ubers QC people if you have questions.

Can I update Kyogre? It could use the formatting fixes and better writing across the board. The ChestoRest set is fine as-is and would just be incorporated directly into the update.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Actually scratch me off from Shedinja update. I'm doing things one at a time.

EDIT: I have little experience with Shedinja.

Hasn't celebi already got an analysis? I've also got a cool lead set I've used well that I can show you though. I If colonel M has scratched off sheddy, can I do it instead?

EDIT: Never mind about sheddy. The onsite thing is already pretty much uber. Can someone tell me why kingdra ubers was removed and if it is not because it isn't viable, can I update it?

EDIT 2: Firecape VMed me saying the removal of kingdra was a mistake. I might as well go back to the sheddy reservation.

No, it has been taken off the site. I think Belphagor would like a lead set. Send him a PM ^^

Thanks in favour of Belphagor.

Reserving Abomasnow because Theorymon gave it to me.

For reference: here are the logs
<&Theorymon> btw user trickroom can you do me a huge favor
<@trickroom> what is that favor?
<&Theorymon> and take over the 4th gen Ubers Abomasnow analysis for me?
<@trickroom> ok
<@trickroom> where is the analysis?
<@trickroom> gen 4?
<&Theorymon> I have just been far too sick to be able to finish it
<&Theorymon> I havent even posted it
<&Theorymon> and I barely made any progress because 2010 was the year of me almost dying a lot

Still waiting for Theorymon to PM me the skeleton.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
<shrang> hey theorymon are you still doing 4th gen qwilfish
<Theorymon> oh god rofl
<Theorymon> shrang take it over please
<shrang> lol kk
So, taking over Qwilfish from Theorymon. Will hopefully get this done reasonably quickly.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi, so it's been ages since the OP or any kind of Index in Ubers has been updated, so I'm just going to leave this here.

The following Pokemon still need an analysis or at least need to be looked at:

Abomasnow - idk what happened here, trickroom had it written up but Tmon said not all of the info was correct? Possible rewrite?
Bronzong - Still in need of an analysis? Tmon has not gotten around to it
Deoxys-S - this still needs a full revamp, Tmon has not gotten around to it
Forretress - Possibly the most important mon on this list, Tmon has not gotten around to it
Froslass - supposedly this did have an analysis at one point? It might need a new one
Metagross - Still in need of an analysis? Tmon has not gotten around to it
Shaymin ^
Skarmory ^
Tyranitar ^
Cloyster ^
Jumpluff ^
Shedinja - Was reserved by C_M, still in need of an analysis?
Ludicolo See twash
Hariyama See Rolf
Weavile - still needs an analysis?
Aggron - still needs an analysis?

Post here if you're interested in doing any of these mons.

I don't see any problem with the Abomasnow analysis. Theorymon said it suck but I don't know why. Even firecape or Fireburn approved it anyway without a single complain. He can't tell me what's wrong with it either, besides no mention of Substitute. I think Abomasnow is too slow to abuse Substitute anyway especially in Ubers.

Aggron and Weavile sucks. Hariyama is situational. Theorymon doesn't trust me so I am not doing these.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
K, here's the stuff that needs to get done:

Ubers:
Deoxys-S - Full Revamp

Others:
Bronzong
Forretress
Metagross
Skarmory
Tyranitar

Everything else in my post above is of really low priority

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to reserve Forry but I am not sure if I am allowed to if theorymon reservation is still in effect. So can I have approval before making a thread (If I am allowed to write Forry at all) or do I need to ask Theorymon to get permission to overide his reservation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)