Ubers Ubers Championship I - Finals [Won by Exiline]

Status
Not open for further replies.

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Grand Finals:

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Congratulations to both players for making it this far, but unfortunately only one of you can walk away from this with the ultimate prize, the 2018 Ubers Circuit Ribbon. Good luck and enjoy yourselves!

The deadline for this round is Sunday, January 6th, at 11:59 PM EST.

Does this mean that Ubers will turn into a kekker kingdom if Exiline wins?

Good luck to both! Please make some high quality games!

i have a few shoutouts regardless of the result of the finals
Playing ability-
GaryTheGengar Astounded Reje after a shitload of years of playing this game, when i finally decided to try it out again, i really didn't expect to find people whose playing ability i could look up to. there are only 4 people in this game i take risk/reward and executional advice/feedback from and you're 3 of them. i still find it humbling to watch you play this tier/go through your replays and i would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you. i wish we played more games than we have/do, but i know none of you play this tier seriously anymore.

Building ability-
Terracotta my best friend in this game and also an amazing person, who didn't let me quit after the first few weeks of getting back to the game. you're indisputably the best builder in usm ubers(seriously, every other team used by people in tours is yours) and my building has been completely shaped by your building philosophies, even though i don't think i'll ever be as good a builder as you are. when you're serious, you can build absolute metagame shapers and you can read the meta months ahead. at 100% of your playing ability, you're a monster paired with your building skills.

Pohjis you're a monster. how can someone be so good at every single tier is beyond me. Gunner Rohan come back pls, the tier needs people like you

greentee is the best ;-;

Last edited:

Exiline

Banned deucer.
is a Past SCL Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
won in 3 against iry, ggs

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ubers-410090
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ubers-410091
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ubers-410092

It feels pretty amazing to finally win something in what became my home tier in 7th generation, even more amazing after this below average year. I for sure wouldn't have expected to end up winning this year circuit after going 1-2 in UPL, 1-3 in snake and losing open R1 but here we go: the ribbon has been harvested and I got my redemption.
This feels even more satisfying after the way I got out of last year seasonal play offs in top 8 when I really felt I was the best remaining player (building-wise at least) which really let me a bad taste and since this is actually the first Ubers individual tour i'm winning.
Then USM came and I quite started to hate the tier (ban necrozma oml) but I feel the meta is quite pleasant and actually competitive right now which is really cool although building in this tier is really awful since you can't really go off the standard shits if you don't wanna get 6-0'ed by one of the billion existing threats. #FreeUbersInSnake

I'd like to give some quick shout outs to
Pohjis my fellow ribbon(s) holder, thanks a lot for the finals help, you really are amazing and your tournaments results from this year really show it, grand slam trophy is yours dude.
Cynara thanks for all those juicy USM teams, really helped me a lot, keep up the good work, you're prolly a top5 ubers player now
zf you didn't helped me directly but if i'm 5-0 in ADV in this tour it's only because of your builder, you definitely earned this one zfoat!
Gunner Rohan I did it daddy! (btw since you never won SPL and have no trophy while I have this little thing under my name I can now flex on you noob)
Astounded took me one more year than planned but I'm now ready to take you on a monotype Ubers BO5!
And as always shout out to the whole durians clan, I prolly wouldnt be there today without you guys. Shout out for the other fans as well :3

Now that I finally won something there i'll prolly focus myself into OU again, hopefully I'll keep playing ubers a bit but only future will tell I guess.

champion du monde.jpg

Last edited:

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I'd like to thank every player that took part in last year's circuit (all 584 of you :blobuwu:) and especially these 16 playoff participants, you guys put on an extremely entertaining show in every series. Congrats to Exiline for ultimately coming out on top, you've been making huge strides since you burst into the Ubers scene almost 2 years ago now, and I don't expect that to stop any time soon. As for everything else, it was an absolute pleasure hosting all the tournaments last year for you guys, and now that we're working on setting up everything for the 2019 circuit, expect even more commitment from myself towards making it an all-around more enjoyable and fulfilling experience for all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)