Ubers 2019 Ubers Championship - Finals [Won by Garay oak]

Status
Not open for further replies.

64 Squares

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push miracle whips
is a Tiering Contributor
Pohjis vs Ackler(60-40): Ackler's recent performances give me confidence that he can be competiitive and even win a game in the series, however I just dont see Pohjis losing two because of his impressive consistency and dominance in SM, both in the builder and in gameplay.
Garay vs. Sitonai (60-40): I've never been too impressed with Sitonai, and I think if the series is clean Garay will pull out a rather straightforward victory due to superior gameplay and imo a better understanding of the current gen.
Byron vs. Goat (49-51): Definitely a highlight for me between two friends. Both players (especially gh) are very unorthodox with their teams styles, and unfortunately I have a feeling this might come down to who preps better and gets mu. I'm slightly favoring Goat at the moment as I value his recent consistency over Byrons streaky performances.
Dovah vs. Purple Gatorade (55-45): About a week ago, I definitely would have bolded this the other way (as I thought Dovah was trash since I smashed him in last chance). However, Dovah is running hot off a dominant performance in week one vs a top 3 SM player in solo, and should use that momentum to win this week. On the other hand Pg is on a bit of a cold streak, but he is also a very strong player so I predict this to be a close match coming down to game 3, with either player having a chance to win it.

Pohjis to win it all cause like duh.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Pohjis vs Ackler - super tight matchup ackler had a close series last round (situm should've won g3) but not showing much weakness in playing ability, tho team choices might be a bit linear and sus. pohjis had a smooth r1 vs tapu koko and pressure hooh, and i think he has a big edge here due to the experience+confidence, and fsr pohjis decided to branch out big time in the types of teams and mons he uses, so i think he'll have a better understanding his matchup and playing optimally. tho i still don't know much about ackler, and he might as well pull up with xurkitree g1

Garay oak vs Sitonai - garay had a very convincing win vs exiline, not rushing winning position and keeping a level head and also had nice teams. sitonai will have to pull up with more than venuskarm and a discount oras ho to put up a challenge here i favor garay heavily here

byronthewellwell vs Goat Heart ♥ - both players have similar strengths and weaknesses in terms of playing the game imo, but depending on what help goat heart gets, he might end up with quite a bad matchup throughout the series. i think we'll get to see both of them pull some shit out of the magic hat

The Dovahneer vs PurpleGatorade - pg got unsurprisingly lucky last round, and didn't have to work much for the win. dovah's g1 vs solo was a real clinical game and his team choices aren't predictable or easily exploitable either, but i'll give pg a slight edge who is imo slightly more solid throughout(teams+playing), tho this is one series that i won't be surprised at all to go either way

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
i continue to get 1 series wrong and now there's only 2...

Ackler vs PG - ackler was in control almost the whole bo3, and his team choices were on-point, tho in theory pohjis had a slightly better endgame path in g3, it's not an easy decision to make specially under the timer and you have to calc a bit far ahead to figure out how much better odds each option has, and even then it would've been only put him on even footing. nothing to take away from ackler tho, he played to his odds calmly and carefully. his team choices also don't seem to have a straightforward exploitable pattern, and he backs them up with solid plays. nevertheless i'll favor pg in this one, who's been in hot form the whole year, arguably more solid teambuilder than pohjis in this gen, and isn't tired at all since rng seems to do the heavy lifting for him to make it easy in the only tour he's in rn. still, since pg doesn't seem at his peak rn, he only gets the slightest of edges 45-55

Garay oak vs byronthewellwell - unlike pg, garay seems to have found his good ubers form and the rng doesn't seem to hate him lately, and he's on a really nice run in this tour regarding teams and gameplay. byron too has been amazing and his teams stand out the most this tour imo which might be his trump card, since imo he's slightly behind garay in consistently playing peak game. garay will have to be very careful in preview analysis and not be thrown off by byron's sometimes offbeat plays, cos then byron just spins ur head and takes the W

both series will go to bo3, i hope to catch them live

Sucks to go out right before the final but I'm pretty happy with how I played overall. Gen 7 has been one hell of a ride, from UPL 6 to now and I've had a lot of fun playing this metagame. Thanks to all the Durians and Daniels for supporting me throughout the generation, I've really grown as a player over these last couple years thanks to you guys. ggs ackler and go byroat

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
RE: Ackler

Situation
: Following a thorough investigation, the TD team has determined that Ackler is an alt account and has effectively violated Smogon’s rules on proxy use. As a result, the account has been banned.

Result: Since ban occured in finals and prior to the match being played, TDs are currently working with the hosts on a bracket recreate for the playoff games that involved Ackler. The 17th seed, Hack, will be moved up to face SiTuM in a replay of the top 16 match. The winner of this match will advance to play Pohjis, and then PurpleGatorade, to determine who advances to finals.

Given the holiday season, Championships will need to be extended into January. We will work with the hosts to make sure things move along as quickly as possible. I apologize for the delay in finals this will cause. Hack and SiTuM, please confirm as soon as possible. If Hack is unable to play, the 18th seed, Megazard, will advance in his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)