Ubers HO (no not blissey)

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hai I’m Nails. This is my first Ubers team I’ve made, it was a joint effort with doomvendingmachine. It has peaked so far at ~1630 CRE/Rank 7, and I feel that it’s pretty solid. However, it has some pretty big weaknesses to some fairly common threats that I need help patching up.

Dialga @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/4 Spd/136 SAtk/116 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor

Dialga is a solid lead, it doesn’t really lose to any common leads barring superpower Deoxys-A (who winds up paralyzed, 1 hp, and u-turn bait for scizor) and Aura Sphere Dialga (I've seen a specs Dialga lead ohko it with Draco Meteor before, but that's way uncommon). However, I’d love suggestions for better handing suicide entry hazard Deoxys leads that doesn’t require the SpA drops of Draco Meteor (or should i just suck it up and accept that I should start off -4 SpA?). Running flamethrower over thunder for accuracy purposes and perfect neutral coverage w/ Draco meteor (fuck you Heatran).

EV's are standard bulky Dialga with a point dropped off SpA to speed because speed creep is the awesomest thing ever.

---

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Kyogre is #1 in usage for good reason. Nothing can switch into a scarfogre water spout easily, tearing big holes in the opponent's core early or sweeping late. It’s a good revenge killer and is not as easy to set up on as a choice locked Garchomp, so unless i need to revenge a scarfed Paalkia or something else faster than Kyogre it's generally the better choice. Most importantly though, it sets up the rain for palkia and the rest of my team’s thunder spammery. Kyogre is needed on this team but if you want to recommend a different set that’s great.

---

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Grass Knot
- Thunder Dragon Pulse
- Recover Surf

The way I play this team, Latios is the team’s main offensive force in a large number of battles. While 110 speed doesn’t look all that great, it puts me at a high enough speed where few things can threaten me without scarfing. Of all the uber pokemon, only Deoxys, Mewtwo, Skymin, and Darkrai outspeed Latios. Two of the four are frequently leads that are handled by Dialga, and neither Mewtwo nor Skymin can ohko Latios (not that I’d leave it in on Mewtwo, Ice Beam hurts… but whatever).

Draco Meteor hits like a… uh… meteor, and Thunder has great coverage in Ubers. Grass Knot is specifically there to ohko Groudon (and the ever so rare ubers Ttar), and Recover I put on there when I made the team and have used it like twice. A replacement idea would be great, though calm mind isn’t an option (probably Dragon Pulse so I have STAB that isn’t Draco Meteor, maybe HP Fire but the loss of a speed point kind of sucks…) because Lati's job is generally to come in and beat the crap out of the opponent, while being a ground immunity. Surf is on there to get extra coverage against stuff and kill things that grass knot can't touch (also my strongest move in the rain besides draco) when I don't want to lose 2 SpA levels, while Dragon pulse is for stuff I don't need to Draco.

Currently testing a moveset of Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse/Grass Knot/Surf.

I like the newest set better, using it.

---

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 200 HP/56 Atk/4 Spd/248 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

The glue for the team, and my only dragon resist (which is a huge issue, another steel would be good plz and ty raters). Not too much to say, it’s the standard ubers Scizor, it generally comes in to sponge an attack or two and hit hard with u-turns.

Standard ubers scizor EV's with 4 speed EVs to outrun scizors (Speed creep ftw).

---

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Spacial Rend
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Aqua Tail

Palkia is A. A scarf bluff and B. Probably the best wallbreaker in the game. Early game I play it as a scarfer, special rend spamming until I see blissey. Then, when blissey switches into a special rend, if it’s raining, aqua tail koes (does like 80%+). That’s its main purpose on the team, to lure blissey and ko it, but if you think something else could do its job better, do tell.

Fire Blast for coverage, outrage for endgame sweeps/calm mind dragons that I let set up 1-2.

---

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

Scarfchomp is a great endgamer once I’ve killed their dragon resist. Without it here stuff like DD Rayquaza and Scarfpalk would wreck this team (Scarfpalk still does wreck this team, but… at least I can revenge it?). This is the slot that I don’t really like much, but I guess it’s a necessary evil or else scarfers run me through. Any replacement basically has to be a scarfer or a powerful revenger, but suggestions are encouraged, as it's probably the team's biggest hole. Also, physical pokemon are encouraged due to a lack of physical offense and already sizable Blissey issues.

Groudon @ Life Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 32 HP/252 Atk/140 Spd/84 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge Swords Dance

Groudon replaced my scarfchomp up there due to the fact that it can handle all the threats chomp was handling and more (beats kingdra, sd ray, scarfchomp, scarfpalk, and at least weakens other RP groudons) and can sweep to boot. It even has the electric immunity that chomp has. The only potential issue with it is that it screws up the rain, but that's definately managable. Replaced Stone Edge with SD because i absolutely hate Stone Edge, and +2/+2 guarantees an ohko on... uhh.. everything barring LugiTina (who are like 2hkoed and easily handled by Latios).

EV's- Max attack and adamant, 140 Speed for the standard number +1 speed because speed creep is the awesomest thing evar, 32 HP to hit a life orb number and 84 SpD because the majority of the threats that need handling are special or handled by his base 140 defense already.

After some playtesting, I've found that a lack of speed endgame sometimes really hurts. Any ideas would be helpful, but I love RP groudon in this slot, a setup sweeper was needed on this team (and ofc the ability to tank hits is awesome)

---

Threats –

Swords Dance Rayquaza – One turn of setup and he ohkoes all my pokes besides dialga and scizor (well, I get a bullet punch off, ohkoes with overheat). Dialga is generally gone early game as I play recklessly with it (sometimes I can’t switch out of stuff and have to take the hit). Can sweep me pretty easily.

Rock Polish Groudon – With one layer of spikes he sweeps me. If ONLY sr is up I can sac whatever is in, Garchomp survives Dragon Claw with about 3% and knocks off 50% with outrage, and scizor can bullet punch it. I need to be able to better handle it.

Kingdra – The DD/Waterfall/Draco/Outrage Kingdra sweeps me, I have nothing to stop it or the rain. It outspeeds my entire team and ohkoes everything, help is needed here.

Scarfchomp – A lack of dragon resists means that an outraging Garchomp can beat me if scizor is low hp and my chomp loses a speed tie.

Scarf Palkia – Scizor isn’t bulky enough to take repeated Spacial Rends and an intelligent player won’t leave their palkia in to be revenged by garchomp. Roost on scizor could help this, but entry hazards on my side might stop even that from being effective.

Blissey - With my only two purely physical pokes being choiced, blissey is a big issue for me. Mixed palk is a great lure, but if it dies killing blissey is really tough, especially with lugia/skarm support (skarmbliss isn't used much in ubers but it would be an issue if palkia died).

Updated Threat List

Endgame Mewtwos give me some real issues due to losing scarfchomp and not having a revenger.

Thanks for reading, please rate, I’ve asked for a lot of different things and if you have one idea that could improve my team, please post it, it’s better than nothing.

This is a good team, but when I played you a few times, your huge Dragon weakness was really apparent. You're definitely weak to a bunch of threats, but they don't really have much of a chance to set up as long as you don't play recklessly. One way to patch up a few threats that you've listed is by swapping Garchomp for Rock Polish Groudon. It lets you beat Kindra (it can take a Draco Meteor and set up the Sun to let you revenge kill with Palkia if necessary) as well as checking Rayquaza and Garchomp. It's not a solid counter for any of those threats by any means unless you want to make it bulkier, but it's a good addition for offensive teams that need a bit of support. You should probably cap its Speed at Adamant and 136 EVs, since you'll need the rest of the bulk in a pinch against the threats you've mentioned. Groudon would also help greatly against Blissey, as it has no problem setting up on her or killing her outright.

On Dialga, you might want to replace Thunder with Flamethrower, since Kyogre takes a bunch from Draco Meteor anyways, and Flamethrower gives you a more reliable option to kill Deoxys-E after you've activated its Focus Sash. It also makes facing Forretress a lot easier, and you can always nail the rare Skarmory or Metagross with it much more reliably than 75% Thunder (assuming Rain isn't up yet). Also, a cool thing to try out on Latios is Surf over Recover. It's stronger than Thunder in the Rain against Scizor (it does 63.7% - 75.2%) and Ho-oh (77.8% - 91.9%), and it's a good auxiliary move if you find you're not using Recover without sacrificing the 1 IV in Speed by using HP Fire. It probably won't get much use, but it's better to have than wasting a moveslot on Recover if you never use it. Anyways, as I said I like your team, but keep in mind you're always going to be weak to certain threats since your team is so incredibly offensive. I'm sure you're already aware of this, but if you lock yourself on the wrong move at the wrong time, something like Rayquaza is really going to hurt your team. Anyways that's all I can think of for now, since I don't want to disrupt the flow of your team. Let me know if you need any more suggestions to fix certain threats. Definitely a good start to Ubers, keep it up!

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Thanks for the great rate Iconic. I totally agree with everything you say which is really saying something. I will try out everything, and it looks like it'll work well.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi Nails, this is not a bad team.

I played this team today while I was testing Ubers Azelf (Yes, TransV1000 is me, hehe). One problem that I'm noticing is that you have a weakness to RP Groudon, especially those who are coupled with Deoxys-S so a layer of SR and Spikes can easily be set up on Dialga. One way I suggest that should can probably avert this is replace Dialga with Giratina-O. Giratina-O can 2HKO lead Deoxys-S with Draco Meteor + Shadow Sneak while coming back and doing the same to RP Don later. If you miss Stealth Rock, you can turn Groudon into a Support Groudon with SR, Thunder Wave and stuff.

Giratina-O @ Griseus Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk/216 SpA/40 Spe or 248 Atk/64 SpA/192 Spe
Nature: Lonely/Naive
-Draco Meteor
-Outrage
-HP Fire
-Shadow Sneak

Here's Support Groudon (Up to you to use this if you want):

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP/32 Def/188 SpD/36 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Roar/Thunder Wave

36 Speed is used to outspeed standard Ho-oh. Not much else to say here, I guess.

A nitpick I'd like to address:

- Remove Grass Knot on Latios for Dragon Pulse. Draco Meteor already does a truckload to Groudon already, so I can't see why you really need Grass Knot. Dragon Pulse lets you do a lot of damage without having to go "I'm switching". With Thunder and Surf, you already have good enough coverage as it is.

Apart from that, it's a pretty solid team. Hope I helped, good luck.

Nails

Double Threat
Shrang, thanks for giving some ideas. I'm not sold on Gira-O, as I feel that would open up the dragon weakness that I had with Garchomp (three weaks to one resist). Losing Stealth Rock doesn't particularily bug me, it's just that another Dragon weakness doesn't help the team. However, pretty much worst case scenario, if I get draco meteored on the pening move it's setup fodder for Groudon... so sure, I'll try it.

As for groudon, I think this team always wanted a setup sweeper, and rocks only really mattered against lugia (ho-oh is handled easily).

I'll try out dragon pulse > grass knot, although I don't really LIKE draco meteoring Groudon because Scizors line up to switch into Lati already. But there are a lot more times where dragon pulse would be useful, so I know it'll work.

Thanks for the rate, and if your azelf did anything besides blow up on me I'd give you some feedback XD

EDIT:
After testing a bit, I'm keeping my Dialga Lead over Gira-O. As for Latios's moveset, Draco Meteor doesn't ohko Groudon and I miss that, so I'm going to test out Grass Knot > Thunder (Thunder hits just as hard as STAB dragon pulse, and Grass knot Still ohkoes Kyogre. Manaphy COULD become an issue, but I always have draco meteor and Kyogre to thunder and outrage on palk and groudon to set up sun... shouldn't be an issue.

second edit: I'm keeping Draco/Dragon Pulse/Surf/Grass Knot. Literally the only thing that thunder misses coverage on is Manaphy, who doesn't threaten this team at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)