Gen 1 [Ubers] Ideal Gen 1 Team

Fast introduction

Well, I wana show what I consider the ideal Gen 1 Team, let me know in the comments what changes would you do or think it could work better, this should help all beginners and give ideas to others more experienced.

Strategy

1. Lead starting battle

Sleep the opponent / Psychic or Blizzard depending the enemie Lead / Let Jynx take the sleep/paralyzed.

2. Change Slept/Frozen Jynx to Exeggutor
If Jynx is slept change it to Exeggutor to pull off the sleep.

3. Use Chansey to stall the opponent's Lead/Mewtwo.
Now, if you play with competitive rules just let chansey get frozen so then your Mewtwo won't get frozen.
Careful about your Chansey getting paralyzed, use him to paralyze enemie's Lead/Chansey. Don't paralyze Mewtwo unless it's your last option, so use Light Screen, Soft-Boiled if necessary and then use Ice Beam on him and try freeze him.

4. Use Mewtwo/Mew aggresively
Use Mew's explosion vs a Reflect & Transform Mew if you don't paralyze him with Body Slam or crit him because otherwise he will just Reflect and heal him up before he copies your moves and kills you.

The Team

Jynx.png
Chansey.png
Mewtwo.png
Mew.png
Snorlax.png
Tauros.png

Jynx (Lead)
Lovely Kiss | Psychic | Blizzard | Rest
Fast sleep lead, but slower than Gengar as a con. Blizzard can force the opponent to use Chansey (in case they don't have Starmie).
1/3 chance to freeze before dying to Thunderbolt (most used against). Always try sleep other enemy lead that isn't Gengar, then use psychic or blizzard, unless you can one shot the enemy lead then use firstly psychich or blizzard (rare case).

Chansey (Tank-Switcher)
Light Screen | Ice Beam | Soft-Boiled | Thunder Wave
Very huge HP pokemon, mostly have on every team. Use him as tank-switcher. Try use him to deal against opponents that doesn't have hp recover moves. Careful with Tauros, he can Body Slam and then finish you with an Hyper Beam.

Mewtwo (MVP)
Amnesia | Psychic | Ice Beam | Recover
The best pokemon. You can destroy anyone with him. Don't get freeze and careful with Tauros always. Switch into Chansey if you face pokemons with Explosion that can kill you. Ice Beam to enemy Mewtwo/Chansey always, if you freeze one of them you probably won the battle. Use Amnesia/Rest carefuly, just against monsters that can't paralyze you, you can take the risk of Ice Beams but not Thunder Waves.

Mew
Swords Dance | Body Slam | Explosion | Soft-Boiled
Use him to destroy almost anything, you can win Tauros easily if you don't get paralyzed or crit with Body Slam. If so, switch into Chansey or just use Explosion if you want. Better use of explosion is when you are low HP and can't kill opponent with another single move.

Snorlax
Body Slam | Earthquake | Hyper Beam | Self-Destruct
It's the same as Tauros. Body slam abuse and try to paralyze and crit the opponent. Survives a Tauros critical Body Slam and a Hyper Beam. Use Explosion against Chansey. You can use him after your Jynx is dead combined with Chansey/Exeggutor, or just switch him in when you firstly sleep the enemy Lead or similar.
Tauros
Body Slam | Earthquake | Hyper Beam | Blizzard
The strongest (after Mewtwo and Mew). He got 20% critical hit over the time, so just use Body Slam and then Hyper Beam. Careful with paralyze, it's
a big threat for him. Normally they will try paralyze u with Chansey or Exeggutor.

Pros & Cons
The pros are basically the variety of moves, you can play agresive or defensive according the situation, and you have Explosion moves in case you need it to kill a Chansey or just you are low hp and that allows you to kill the enemy.

The cons are Gengar Lead, because sleeps your Jynx (I might consider using a Gengar Lead with Explosion in case of a desfavorable Lead matchup). No rock-type, Tauros is always a problem and Slowbro.

Jynx
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 2 Atk
- Lovely Kiss
- Psychic
- Blizzard
- Rest

Chansey
- Light Screen
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Mewtwo
- Amnesia
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Mew
- Swords Dance
- Body Slam
- Explosion
- Soft-Boiled

Snorlax
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Hyper Beam
- Self-Destruct

Tauros
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Hyper Beam
- Blizzard

My conclusion
I hope people tries this team and enjoys playing it against friends or RBY Ubers. There is no "PERFECT" team, there's always a possible counter and RBY depends so much on RNG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FNH
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)