Ubers Ubers Live II - Playoffs [Won by BKC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staxi

Staxoat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
After 7 weeks of live tournaments that have taken place, we have the final top 8 contestants that will battle it out in the playoffs stage of the tournament. This is a Type-B Tournament and all playoffs participants will receive Ubers Circuit points relative to Type-B scoring.

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • All series played will be a best of five with the higher seed choosing the first metagame out of the following: SS, USM, ORAS, BW2, DPP, and ADV. The loser of that game will then pick the next tier, and so on until the series is complete. Metagames cannot be repeated in a series.
  • Replays are mandatory for this tournament and must be posted! It is recommended to play on the Smogon Tournaments server due to its ability to automatically save replays. Failure to do so will result in the series having to be replayed
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only - Be thorough with scheduling to ensure as much security against activity / extension decisions as possible.
  • All the usual Smogon rules regarding activity, timer, disconnection, and cheating rules apply.
  • Standard metagame clauses apply.
Metagame Specific Rules & Clauses:

Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
Moody Clause
Sleep Clause
The move Baton Pass is banned.
Ubers Dynamax Clause: Pokémon on the Ubers Dynamax Banlist cannot Dynamax.

Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
Moody Clause
Sleep Clause
SleepTrap Clause: A Pokemon cannot use a move that can inflict sleep status on the opponent if it has the ability Shadow Tag.
Rayquaza is not permitted to Mega Evolve.
The move Baton Pass is banned.

Moody Clause
Sleep Clause
Swagger Clause: Swagger is banned
SleepTrap Clause: A Pokemon cannot use a move that can inflict sleep status on the opponent if it has the ability Shadow Tag.
Rayquaza is not permitted to Mega Evolve.

Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
Moody Clause: Moody is banned
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned

Sleep Clause
Arceus is banned

Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
Wobbuffet / Wynaut + Leftovers is banned
Smeargle + Ingrain is banned

Qualifiers:

#1 - Icemaster - 17 Points
#2 - Lasen - 14 Points
#3 - Pohjis - 13 Points
#4 - Exiline - 12 Points - [55.00 Win/Loss%]
#5 - Holy Ghost - 12 Points - [45.00 Win/Loss%]
#6 - Skysolo - 12 Points - [23.08 Win/Loss%]
#7 - BKC - 11 Points
#8 - Highlord - 10 Points

Seeding:

Seeding is determined by the following criteria (in priority order)
- Total Points
- Win/Loss Ratio
- Most points gained from an individual week of a Ubers Live tournament
- Coinflip (if to determine a seed) | - Tiebreaker series (if to determine qualification)

Finals:

Highlord vs BKC

Finals deadline is Sunday 8th November 23:59 GMT+2
You must save and post your replays otherwise your result will be considered void and the series must be replayed!

Please note that SS is locked to DLC1, evasion isn't banned in BW2 and Arceus is banned in DPP for the duration of the playoffs!

Last edited:

Cynara

Banned deucer.
I want Staxi to win bc staxi is my only friend

Wholesome message aside:

Some serious predicts

Icemaster vs Highlord (DPP, ORAS,SS)
Lasen (ORAS, USM) vs BKC (DPP, ADV)
Pohjis (ORAS, BW, DPP,ADV) vs Skysolo (USM)
Exiline (USM, SS) vs Holy Ghost (ADV, DPP, BW)

Last edited:

Exiline

Banned deucer.
is a Past SCL Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
Icemaster (SS / USM / ORAS) (45) vs (55) Highlord (BW / DPP / ORAS)
Icemaster has now established himself as a force to be reckoned with in the 'modern generations' that are ORAS, USM and SS with some pretty showing in UPL and the ongoing ssnl for SS while also ending victorious un both the USM and ORAS livetours. Old gens are where the shoe pinches for Icemaster : he has next to 0 experience in those while Highlord is actually pretty good in DPP and probably way more experienced in ADV / BW. While Icemaster is most likely better than his opponent in those modern gens the gap between the two players is definitely thinner here than it is in old gens. This series result will heavily depends on how well Icemaster adapts himself in those older generations, it will definitely be a challenge for him but these two should give us a very good show probably (you better not bring BP you fucking kekker).

Lasen (40) vs (60) BKC (DPP / ADV)
Lasen's been into the tier for some time now but he never really got the opportunity to prove his valor as a player (he did in the meme game at least) but this could definitely be the opportunity he's been waiting for. Lasen isn't really outstanding in any tier but he got decent metagame knowledge in every of them, in the other hand BKC while probably not as familiar with all the Ubers generations as Lasen for sure knows his DPP Ubers well (dude's been making 2 hours long video about dpp ubers) and probably can hold hiw own in BW and ADV. We don't know much about BKC's other tiers but being one of the smogon goat he should be able to give us some strong performances in those too granted he bring good teams. Lasen's best bet is probably to try to catch BKC's offguard in the builder since the latter is probably way better ingame. Looking forward this series and I really hope Lasen doesnt shit himself lol.

Pohjis (65) (BW / DPP / ADV) vs (35) Skysolo
Pohjis is probably one of the most familiar face within the Ubers tournament community and has not much to prove now, and established himself as a very strong figure in every Ubers tiers including old gens (even reaching the finals of this tour last year, losing to no one else than the amazing sexiline). On the other hand Skysolo amassed some pretty strong results over the time (not counting these play offs, I'm personally not happy with my winrate but gosh how do you qualify with a 23% winrate LOL). Much like Icemaster skysolo will have to work on his old gens if he wants to emerge victorious of this series, contrary to Icemaster he already has some old gens experience but Pohjis probably is still a step ahead of him in these. Speaking of Pohjis, he usually stick to the same teams again and again from what I remember, which is something Skysolo could take advantage of, this series looks way less interesting than the two others, for me at least, but there is definitely some potential.

byulharang

formerly Holy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
Exiline (ADV, USM, SS) vs Highlord (DPP, ORAS) - I think exiline starts the series off with a confident adv win while highlord does the same in dpp. Exiline is the more solid USM player from what I know I think he will just outpilot HL while both bring basic ass teams. Highlord seems fine with playing oras afaik and any man confident in going to oras is someone id bet on. Last generation is what will decide it and I think exiline will bank on HL not being as solid in new gens and go for the SS closer.
BKC (DPP, BW) vs Pohjis (USM, ORAS) - Assume Pohjis will start off with an USM win as I havent personally saw BKC play the tier much but its honestly imo one of the easiest to get mu and get a w, going with who I know has experience though. Think BKC will pull through in DPP and wouldnt be surprised if he gets the BW win too. Pohjis should seal the oras win and agree w sarah I think this will go to g5 with adv being decider. Both seem pretty solid in the tier, I cant give a clear edge to either. Personal highlight of the tour though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)