Ubers Ubers Pentathlon IV - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staxi

Staxoat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion

Welcome to the fourth installment of the Ubers Pentathlon. This year's Pentathlon will be included in the 2020 Ubers Circuit! Each round you have to complete a Bo5 of the following tiers: USM Ubers | ORAS Ubers | BW Ubers | DPP Ubers | ADV Ubers. The first match is set by default in USM Ubers, unless both players agree to begin with another generation. Every time a match is completed, the loser of the match picks the next tier and so on.

SPECIFIC RULES
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!, preferably on the smogtours server.
  • This tournament will be Single Elimination.
  • All rounds will be Best of Five.
  • Every round, I may choose several games as the Highlight Matches.
  • Any eventual tier changes will only take effect in the following round.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (Doesn't apply in BW2).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Moody Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • SleepTrap Clause: A Pokemon cannot use a move that can inflict sleep status on the opponent if it has the ability Shadow Tag.
  • Rayquaza is not permitted to Mega Evolve.
You are expected to know and follow all general tournament rules.
VMs are the only thing that matters for activity. Use this guide to ensure you don't lose via activity or coin flip.

Round 3:

Investor-A  vs  52Gambit
Aberforth  vs  CKW
ashwins72  vs  Cam
byronthewellwell  vs  Astounded
Fardin  vs  Nalei
Staxi  vs  Manaphy
Terracotta  vs  Eternal Spirit
PurpleGatorade  vs  Chill Shadow
tpC le vrai  vs  squinn
Minougarou  vs  Pohjis
KyogreF4N  vs  BIG G CHOPPA
Lazy_bread27  vs  The Dovahneer

Deadline is Sunday November 15th 23:59 Gmt+1

Last edited:

64 Squares

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push miracle whips
is a Tiering Contributor
Keep giving me likes and Ill keep posting:

Investor-A  vs  52Gambit : Investor A has much more experience in the old gens so I gotta go with him.
Aberforth  vs  CKW: Despite almost losing to dugza last round I think CKW is in pretty good form and should take this, should be close between the two boomers tho.
ashwins72  vs  Cam: ashwins beat solo last round and im predicting him to get another "upset" here, wouldnt be surprised if cam took care of business tho
byronthewellwell  vs  Astounded: another highlight matchup featuring Astounded. Astounded had a pretty dominant victory over while byron hasnt has a real test yet. I think byron takes dpp and usm but astounded takes the other 3, should be exciting and the winner should be one of the finalists.
Fardin  vs  Nalei: both are pretty new to old gen ubers from what ive seen so could go either way but ill lean nalei as I liked the teams she brought last week
Staxi  vs  Manaphy: Staxi is better at manaphys best gen (dpp, that game will be a highlight tho) and is pretty solid at oras and usm all the gens could go either way tho idk what to expect here
Terracotta  vs  Eternal Spirit: I doubt gama even plays this tbh, if he does I think he has a good chance of winning but terra seems motivated to do well in penta
PurpleGatorade  vs  Chill Shadow: cs smoked mr numbers last round 3-0 and is I still dont have much faith in PG's 3-5 skills, should be a competitive series tho
tpC le vrai  vs  (Winner of squinn vs Lord Thorx): squinn vs lord thorx should be fairly close but squinn has more strong gens that thorx so ill go with him. both should beat tpc pretty easily imo
Minougarou  vs  Pohjis: minougarou keeps winning and is french but pohjis excells at all gens (besides bw where he is still above average from what ive seen)
KyogreF4N  vs  BIG G CHOPPA: should be close, i feel like chop might have beef with kfan but who knows. gotta go with kf4n as hes stronger in chops best 2 gens (usm and bw) and I trust he'll pull off some wins in the other gens
(Winner of Lazy_bread27 vs Goat Heart ♥)  vs  The Dovahneer: dovah smoked exiline last round and i think he'll beat whoever wins the coinflip in the extended game as he is very solid at bw and usm and capable of good prep in the others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)