Ubers Ubers Pentathlon IV - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staxi

Staxoat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion

Welcome to the fourth installment of the Ubers Pentathlon. This year's Pentathlon will be included in the 2020 Ubers Circuit! Each round you have to complete a Bo5 of the following tiers: USM Ubers | ORAS Ubers | BW Ubers | DPP Ubers | ADV Ubers. The first match is set by default in USM Ubers, unless both players agree to begin with another generation. Every time a match is completed, the loser of the match picks the next tier and so on.

SPECIFIC RULES
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!, preferably on the smogtours server.
  • This tournament will be Single Elimination.
  • All rounds will be Best of Five.
  • Every round, I may choose several games as the Highlight Matches.
  • Any eventual tier changes will only take effect in the following round.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (Doesn't apply in BW2).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Moody Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • SleepTrap Clause: A Pokemon cannot use a move that can inflict sleep status on the opponent if it has the ability Shadow Tag.
  • Rayquaza is not permitted to Mega Evolve.
You are expected to know and follow all general tournament rules.
VMs are the only thing that matters for activity. Use this guide to ensure you don't lose via activity or coin flip.

Round 4:

KyogreF4N  vs  ashwins72
Terracotta  vs  byronthewellwell
Fardin  vs  squinn
PurpleGatorade  vs  CKW
Lazy_bread27  vs  Staxi
Pohjis  vs  Investor-A

Deadline is Sunday November 22nd 23:59 Gmt+1

Last edited:

64 Squares

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push miracle whips
is a Tiering Contributor
Round 4:

KyogreF4N  vs  ashwins72: great run by ashwins but KF4n really good, especially at BW and USM and i doubt ashwins will win all 3 other tiers.
Terracotta  vs  byronthewellwell: byrons just more consistent across the gens, terra def will bring cool stuff that will pressure byron and make it a closer series but i still see byron winning in 4
Fardin  vs  squinn: squinns having another nice run, hes solid in most of the gens which puts him in a good spot here. fardin is a good player but just isnt experienced enough to beat a good ubers player
PurpleGatorade  vs  CKW: i keep predicting against the drink s/o mr numbers, and he keeps proving me wrong. however, from what ive seen from the replays ckw has shown me he is at the top of his game, doing well postioning and maximizing his odds
(Winner of Lazy_bread27 vs The Dovahneer)  vs  Staxi: lol another extension. I think dovah should put away plat pretty easily as evidenced by there bw forum tour series, dovah vs staxi should be close but I think dovah is slighlty better overall
Pohjis  vs  Investor-A: good run for investor but pohjis has looked really solid as usual.

Lol I got destroyed in 4, ggs. Also screw quag xD. I wish I put in effort in building and deciding teams instead of doing it all last minute.

I remember going in adv like this "Pohjis uses a lot of balances and stalls so let's use dugtrio + cm sub m2 and friends to screw those blisseys and he even uses it without latis." "Great Idea Investor!" Then I get destroyed since I tried to cteam lmao. I'm sure if I brought my usual offenses which I've been adapting (especially my new ones), I could have easily won g2. Idk even know why I tried to cteam stall/balance when my existing teams had a decent/good mu. I'm gonna be Lance from now and focus on consistency.

Good luck in rest, you deserve to win this tour!
(I hope this doesn't come out as me being a whining loser, just self-reflection since I don't know where else to post lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)