Ubers Ubers Pentathlon IV - Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staxi

Staxoat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion

Welcome to the fourth installment of the Ubers Pentathlon. This year's Pentathlon will be included in the 2020 Ubers Circuit! Each round you have to complete a Bo5 of the following tiers: USM Ubers | ORAS Ubers | BW Ubers | DPP Ubers | ADV Ubers. The first match is set by default in USM Ubers, unless both players agree to begin with another generation. Every time a match is completed, the loser of the match picks the next tier and so on.

SPECIFIC RULES
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!, preferably on the smogtours server.
  • This tournament will be Single Elimination.
  • All rounds will be Best of Five.
  • Every round, I may choose several games as the Highlight Matches.
  • Any eventual tier changes will only take effect in the following round.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (Doesn't apply in BW2).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Moody Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • SleepTrap Clause: A Pokemon cannot use a move that can inflict sleep status on the opponent if it has the ability Shadow Tag.
  • Rayquaza is not permitted to Mega Evolve.
You are expected to know and follow all general tournament rules.
VMs are the only thing that matters for activity. Use this guide to ensure you don't lose via activity or coin flip.

Round 5:

squinn  vs  Lazy_bread27
Terracotta  vs  KyogreF4N
Pohjis  vs  CKW

/!\ REPLAYS ARE MANDATORY /!\

Deadline is Sunday November 29th 23:59 Gmt+1

Last edited:

64 Squares

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push miracle whips
is a Tiering Contributor
Predicts:

squinn(oras,bw,dpp,adv)  vs  Lazy_bread27(sm). plat has had an impressive run but he did seem to get noticeably lucky in the games ive seen. on the other hand besides some early round hiccups, having to come down from 0-2 at least once maybe twice, squinn has looked pretty dominant. i expect squinn to win relatively easily, but could see him tilt as I think hes more tilt prone than other players in this tour. plats lucky that sm is first, as he should be favored and will potentially be able to get squinn to start tilting, making the match a lot closer than it would be

Terracotta(ORAS)  vs  KyogreF4N(SM,BW,DPP,ADV): terra has surprised me with a great run, beating a number of high quality players. I'm still not fully convince of his old gens tho. Although i favor Kf4n in 4 gens, the match is going to be a lot closer than that. The Sm game is pretty much a tossup and the only gen where theres a clear favorite is KF4n in BW. Whoever wins the first game in sm, will be in a really good position

Pohjis(SM,ORAS,ADV)  vs  CKW(BW,DPP) As much as im rooting for ckw to win, i think pohjis still has a small edge. In SM id give pohjis a fairly big edge as hes played a lot more of modern usm at the high level than ckw. Pohjis is also probably the best oras ubers player on the site so i expect him to take that as well. In BW, Ckw has a big edge. Pohjis has looked shaky in this gen from games ive seen, while CKW just came off a dominant performance in roa olympics. DPP and ADV will be close as I rate both of them about the same in them with a slight edge to ckw in dpp and a slight edge to pohjis in adv. I think it likely goes to 5 and either could easily win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)