Tournament Ubers Premier League VI - Community Center

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
^ final result of first mock draft that was scheduled spontaneously, tho we waited like an hour or so

there were some hiccups, like me forgetting to remove some names from a hastily created list, scrappie leaving very frequently, and everyone sucking in general, but it was still overall fun (i think..???)

i'll edit in the complete logs in a while after i've cleaned it up cos the htmlbox obviously doesn't look well in logs
Lord Outrage 27000
Evuelf 26000
Hack 25000
fourmi 22000
KyogreF4N 20000
mags 19500
byronthewellwell 19000
Exiline 17000
Sharow-san 16000
Alkione 16000
Garay oak 15000
Iris 15000
M Dragon 15000
CKW 15000
BKC 14000
Gunner Rohan 13000
Dream 12500
Ed 12000
Mysterious M 11500
Finchinator 11500
darrell1297 11500
Z+V 11000
Mazary 11000
Bushtush 10500
Terracotta 10000
EternalSnowman 10000
FLCL 10000
Shuwri 9000
ShadowQuinn 8500
LucosDICampos 8000
Mr.378 7000
Poek 7000
Void 6000
Habita Montebourg 5500
Aurora 5000
Samqian 5000
Astolfo 5000
Kebabe 5000
Alex Walls 5000
lass matame 5000
HunterStorm 5000
WhiteLion 4500
Loloartsi 4500
benbe 4000
Holy Break 4000
cielbakasan 4000
Joyverse 3500
PurpleGatorade 3500
Eternal Spirit 3500
TSR 3000
WreckDra 3000
orch 3000
crestfall 3000
Arifeen 3000
SiTuM 3000
Chill Shadow 3000
Zamrock 3000
steelskitty 3000
Melle2402 3000
Kushalos 3000
Drud 3000
DawnManeDuskWings 3000
Naian Dach 3000
Reje 3000
Cynara 3000
obii 3000
Minority 3000
Alpha Rabbit 3000
Dominatio 3000
TDK 3000

complete logs: https://pastebin.com/8h44d1gQ

Last edited:

Exiline

Banned deucer.
is a Past SCL Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
Pretty fun auctions even with the french kek i guess, I would use the following LU if it were the real thing:

USM Ubers (Bo3): Mazary (TTG)
USM Ubers: Terracotta
USM Ubers: Bushtush
ORAS Ubers: Gunner Rohan
ORAS Ubers: LucosDICampos
BW2 Ubers: Finchinator
DPP Ubers: Void
ADV Ubers: BKC

Substitutes: Ed, SiTuM​

steelskitty

you deserve so much more than this
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
was a fun auction i suppose however , id use this lu:

usm ubers(bo3): orch
usm ubers:orch
usm ubers:orch
oras ubers:orch
oras ubers:orch
bw2 ubers:orch
dpp ubers:iris
adv ubers:orch
substitutes: orch, orch, orch, dream, wreckdra, orch, darrel1479363194714, z+v, flcl, mysterious m, orch, orch, orch, shadowquinn, poek, orch, loloartsi, orch

Yeah, this was fun. Never expected to be doing an auction (even though it was a mock). Was fun seeing Sparks have some quality time with Scrappie (fuck you Scraps) and Sarah literally capitalizing on our pleb knowledge with the most dangerous (mock) lineup this UPL.

s/o Steelskitty cuz he did everything really.

s/o Shuwri for buying me after I managed to blackmail him. You gave me hope.

Now, I can stay hyped until the 6th. PEACE!

mags

Banned deucer.
I don't like the idea of a bo3 for any gen if both players agree to it.. I'm ok with it but I don't like it. I think it makes it less important with prepaing which should be one of the best parts about team tours imo. I also think that the whatever mentality regarding who's the better player is dumb. If you wanna know who the better player is then a bo3 wouldn't do much either. You'd have to look at consistency in all tours etc etc. The better player should win is another mentality I don't like. Everyone has a tough day and the better player should come prepared to play and win that 1 match and if they somehow lose to bad matchup or getting outplayed they deserve to lose. Upsets are OK for a tour like upl. If the better player won every game then we'd know the outcome of upl right after lineups are set for week 1. My last point is that it makes the 1 bo3 series in usm less important when it's supposed to be the most important series.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
making this post so i can link this to people who say "you chose to host so you obv can't play"

im sure most people are aware that it was a struggle to find anyone willing to host. kwefki had said no cos he wanted to try and play, i had said no cos while i wasn't sure if i'd signup as a player i was def gonna try help durians which means i have a favorite. after a while of hunting and still finding no one, and i had thrown many ideas at nayrz's head(some quite terrible i think), i decided to help with the initial stuff and have someone else receive the lineups from teams, post the weeks, and make activity calls/dead games/decisions on dc's and all that shit. the idea was to not get involved in any decision making in the tour cos there's the chance that i could be biased towards durians. aqua was chosen as main host and i had suggested he consult with td's if he's unsure of things after the tour starts. i was gonna do player signups, post this thread(this is 2nd attempt ofc), and get managers to decide on things.

i was involved in picking managers along with aqua and nayrz and fireburn(y'all can call this biased i guess cos nayrz and fireburn are also participating in the tour but then i'd call you stupid). since i had established many times in many places that im supporting durians, pohjis was the only manager i cared to pick 100%. but pohjis was always a guaranteed pick so i didn't even have any room to be biased, and instead i tried to be as objective as i could within my knowledge to pick the remaining managers. in the end we were unsure on some managers and aqua was the one who broke that deadlock. so i've mostly not had much effect in who became manager.

after managers were decided, i wrote up the pm that was sent to all and we discussed about the format, midseason, playoffs and maybe some other shit. i tried to get all decisions done as properly as i could, trying to not rush things(for which i was called out by ariistella and pohjis, and ironically me not rushing helped them cos 1 manager changed vote to support them so lol). i think i contributed in helping schedule the auction by noting everyone's timezone and making it clear to everyone that the auction will have to be morning for tape / evening for europeans / day time for westerners, and then they picked the date.

after that we didn't have much to do, and i was playing in penta at the time and had made semis after haxing tape and getting lucky with hyw and being granted the win in usm by gastrik. i wasn't playing well at all but i was enjoying winning, and i played mags in semis where i enjoyed playing the first 4 games, and now i was considering joining upl. to me, this was never an issue cos after auction im only gonna be maintaining the spreadsheet anyway, and detached from any hosting process of the tour. i didn't talk about this with nayrz, but i talked to pohjis(who still hadn't invited me to the new durians server), and he said that if i sign up, he'll get me if he can near the end. on the very last day i decided i'll join, after which all this drama ensued.

according to me, there should be no issue at all - i wasn't gonna be involved with anything after the auction, the only decision i made before auction had 0 reason for me to be biased(and nayrz/fireburn/aqua are free to call me out if they do see any bias from me). so me being a player changes nothing, the only change was that i'll be officially tied to a team(preferrably durians) instead of just being in their server and helping them. i don't see how this changed anything for the tour overall, but i've been informed that to upkeep the image of the tour, and to avoid the weird scenario of a player being earlier involved in picking managers, i'll be barred from being a co-host of this upl(w/e that even meant at that point) and later, after the signups had closed, i was told my signup will be removed and i can't play either.

that's the whole story, i'll not call out any of the organisers cos i've already done that in public as well as private discord, im writing this just to clarify to the idiots who think they know what shit happened when they clearly don't and spout 3-line theoretical rulebook shit while clearly ignoring the actual facts. also it's easier to link than to type all the shit again and again

i wish this upl is a great success, and everyone who was allowed to participate and get the chance to do so after the auction enjoy the 5-6 weeks.
usm seems pretty shitty to me even tho terracotta keeps trying to tell me otherwise, so i hope that guy does well and my stance on usm changes after seeing his+other usm games.

So, it seems I'm gonna be solo-hosting UPL from now on.

I may make mistakes, and I may make some decisions that will anger some people, but let it be known that I am going to try my hardest to make this a great UPL, that I am going to try my hardest to be unbiased in my decisions, and that I love you all.

HNI_0008.JPG

It is unfortunate that events turned out as have been previously mentioned. My (irrelevant)condolences go out to whomever feel they got shafted due to one reason or another. Aside from that i wish everyone in the tournament good luck, hope they have competitive matches, and most of all have fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)