Tournament Ubers Premier League VI - Week 4

Won vs. 4gb with a good team and bad plays.

I'd rather not talk about everything else, but if you play this game please check your connection beforehand as it'll prevent things like this from happening in the first place.

As someone who also has shaky internet occasionally, I would like to know what i should do in the case that I do check and my connection is acting up. Should I try to play and communicate to my opponent that I am lagging so we can play without timer, or should we resort to a later time, even though it may already be late in the week?

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As someone who also has shaky internet occasionally, I would like to know what i should do in the case that I do check and my connection is acting up.
You can get closer to your router, use an ethernet cable, reboot your router, etc. If all else fails you can use backup connection such as a phone hotspot, a friend's router, or a public router. If you know your internet or device has a history of connection issues you should be in contact with your ISP / manufacturer.

You can get closer to your router, use an ethernet cable, reboot your router, etc. If all else fails you can use backup connection such as a phone hotspot, a friend's router, or a public router. If you know your internet or device has a history of connection issues you should be in contact with your ISP / manufacturer.
Ok this helps me a lot. What would you propose for younger people or people who may not be privileged enough to have access to other routers, or afford servicing for their internet connection. At this point would the best route be to play with shaky internet while letting your opponent know that dcs are a potential or not play at all?

Also, if my opponent expresses they are lagging and may dc, should I ignore them and play with the timer despite knowing that it will be a recreation if they time out? Should I refuse to play since timer is a must? I would like to know for the future and also so I can be a better user on smogon and know what to do in these situations. Thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)