Tournament Ubers Premier League VII - Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

(art by Kaiju Bunny)

Welcome to UPL VII, here's a few things to remember:
- A replay / log must be saved of your match or it will be considered invalid. No exceptions.
- General tournament rules and regulations apply. Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for all metagames unless both parties agree. If you play on anywhere that isn't PS! you must save a log of the match. All matches are best of one, except for the best of three slot.

We reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

To protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer.

To help handle all DC cases you will need to submit your teams to the UPL host before the match. You do not have to submit, but if you do, you protect yourself from the opponent taking a win. It's a simple procedure that removes most subjectivity from a decision regarding a DC. Unlike with the scheduling restrictions, all you have to do is submit the team you are using at anytime before the match takes place. Read this rule and understand this now before you join the tournament. Since I'm stating this now, I'm basically going to ignore you if you DC, didn't submit a team, and "had a guaranteed win." Expect it. Also note that I'm going to let the player (not the team), decide whether he is going to take the win or go another route (replay same moves, replay different teams, etc.).

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules (did you submit or not).

792.png

Devastating Dialgas (5) vs. Luminous Lunalas (3)

USM: EternalSnowman vs. Goat Heart ♥
USM: KyogreF4N vs. Leru
USM: Hamhamhamham vs. Chill Shadow
ORAS: Vileman vs. Paycard
BW: Edgar vs. Peli
DPP: Hack vs. Highlord
ADV: Exiline vs. p2
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): PROBLEMS vs. Poek

802.png
385.png

Choice Bandits (4) vs. Jubilant Jirachis (4)

USM: Zesty43 vs. fourmi
USM: ict vs. lax Lasen
USM: Terracotta vs. skysolo14
ORAS: Lacus Ichinose vs. LucosDICampos
BW: FLCL vs. ZoroDark
DPP: squinn vs. Sam
ADV: iry vs. Melle2402
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Evuelf vs. Pearl

382_01.png
598.png

DaReal Drizzlers (4) vs. Defiant Durians (4)

USM: Plas vs. Cam
USM: -RDKB- vs. KratosMana
USM: Alkione vs. byronthewellwell
ORAS: Serga vs. Reje
BW: Blim vs. Kebabe
DPP: Cynara vs. M Dragon
ADV: Finchinator vs. Kushalos
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): elodin vs. TDK

DEADLINE IS MAY 5 AT 11:59 PM PT

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
i tried predicts again hopefully more accurate than week 2 i hope blim gets frozen
Devastating Dialgas vs. Luminous Lunalas

USM: EternalSnowman vs. Goat Heart ♥ - idk just prep well. prolly entertaining game of 2 people i really don't understand
USM: KyogreF4N vs. Leru - nice win last week, kfan had literally the opposite of it. don't wanna watch this
USM: Hamhamhamham vs. Chill Shadow - hamx4 power
ORAS: Vileman vs. Aishia - please don't bring a dogass team you literally have hack in your team. must watch cos vileman is champion
BW: Edgar vs. Peli - just predicting an upset, idt peli would be in bw twice just on a whim
DPP: Hack vs. Highlord - hack's had good games, highlord streak broken. good watch
ADV: Exiline vs. p2 - close game but i really odn't wanna watch exiline play i actually hope exiline just times out or p2 smashes him in 14 turns
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): March Fires vs. Poek - most of poek wins that i saw were from him not playing bad+getting some rng, while his opp would make the occasional misplay and get punished. idt tape would play stupid like that and a more firm grasp on at least 2/3 should be enough

Choice Bandits vs. Jubilant Jirachis

USM: Zesty43 vs. fourmi - gastrik wtf you doing here
USM: ict vs. lax - ict recovered from a misclick with divine intervention+him not giving up and still playing well, but i think lax is slightly better in ubers vs the past slam champ. looking forward
USM: Terracotta vs. skysolo14 - soloat not losing twice
ORAS: Lacus Ichinose vs. LucosDICampos - lucos with a great run but you can go look back and it's slightly less promising than astounded would have us believe. unless a repeat of last week, lacus should win for having shown better and more consistent performance.
BW: FLCL vs. ZoroDark - zoro's honestly had a tough tour with no lucky breaks of his own, but this just a whim and it'd be nice to see a clean zoro game
DPP: squinn vs. Sam - bodybuilder yammer shall prevail. i think he was 1-0 last year in dpp as well
ADV: iry vs. Melle2402 - idk wtf melle's record is but he'll improve it, should be a good watch
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Evuelf vs. Garay oak - as much as it'd be nice if dream lost, my limited knowledge tells me that garay doesn't have a big enough edge in usm to make up for bw. in the end oras is fun to watch but bad as a decider for players.
hope everyone had at least as much fun as i, while being a non-participant, had these few weeks

Peli

name elevated but i still act average
Since our resident prediction user dream has a very busy week, I took it upon myself to make some (a) prediction(s), dream style.

USM: (literally anyone) vs. Goat Heart ♥ - Even though I'm repeating myself for a (enter week #) week in a row, I feel like Goat Heart ♥ is a one trick pony and just doesn't possess the versatility to be anything more than a one-dimensional role player for the Lunalas, while (x user) has shown time and time again that he can win games of Ubers, especially when it comes to SM (just don't play him in (x tier) and we'll all be fine). Shouldn't be too hard for him to overcome his opponent this week, as long as (overrated garbage teammate) doesn't let him load up some dogshit.

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Congratz guys we finally managed to stop dream from posting his predicts :blobthumbsup:
Since our resident prediction user dream has a very busy week, I took it upon myself to make some (a) prediction(s), dream style.

USM: (literally anyone) vs. Goat Heart ♥ - Even though I'm repeating myself for a (enter week #) week in a row, I feel like Goat Heart ♥ is a one trick pony and just doesn't possess the versatility to be anything more than a one-dimensional role player for the Lunalas, while (x user) has shown time and time again that he can win games of Ubers, especially when it comes to SM (just don't play him in (x tier) and we'll all be fine). Shouldn't be too hard for him to overcome his opponent this week, as long as (overrated garbage teammate) doesn't let him load up some dogshit.
I'm not free enough to post full predicts but since you guys seem to love sheet looking so much, I'll drop the simplified sheet-friendly version of my predicts this week

Devastating Dialgas (4) vs. Luminous Lunalas (4)

USM: EternalSnowman vs. Goat Heart ♥- People clearly don't know how to prep or play against stall, so Goat Heart ♥ will continue to farm his effortless wins for at least 1 more week, until people realise that he's sticking to the same style for all of his games and start to care a bit more about the stall matchup, which is when he'll be finally forced out of his comfort zone and show that lack of versatility I've previously mentioned. ESM is solid but he hasn't been particularly impressive so he'll probably just get rolled over.
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): March Fires vs. Poek

DaReal Drizzlers (1) vs. Defiant Durians (7)

USM: Alkione vs. byronthewellwell
BW: Blim vs. Kebabe

Peli

USM: (x) vs. Goat Heart ♥- People clearly don't know how to prep or play against stall, so Goat Heart ♥ will continue to farm his effortless wins for at least (how ever many weeks are left in upl) more week(s), until people realise that he's sticking to the same style for all of his games and start to care a bit more about the stall matchup, which is when he'll be finally forced out of his comfort zone and show that lack of versatility I've previous mentioned. (opponet) is solid but he hasn't been particularly impressive so he'll probably just get rolled over.

Ackler

Banned deucer.
USM: EternalSnowman vs. Goat Heart ♥
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): March Fires vs. Poek

USM: Zesty43 vs. fourmi
USM: ict vs. lax
USM: Terracotta vs. skysolo14
ORAS: Lacus Ichinose vs. LucosDICampos
BW: FLCL vs. ZoroDark
DPP: squinn vs. Sam
ADV: iry vs. Melle2402
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Evuelf vs. Pearl

i predicted skysolo14 to win before i saw his post

I'm not one to complain about things like these but honestly, it is a nuisance for people like me to stumble across these sort of matches. When I joined this tour it was with the intention to get fun matches playing the tier that I enjoy the most, instead I get people who care not about having fun, but to win, so much as going as far as abusing a broken (albeit allowed) mechanic. I am thoroughly disappointed of the mentality that the players, as well as the managers portray in this type of tours. It's not a new thing, but to be reminded of it sucks.

All of that being said, I have to thank my managers Mr.378 and absdaddy for picking me up and allowing me to play. I haven't had much as much fun as I had playing with you guys for a while. I also want to wish my teammates all the luck against the remainder of the tournament. I hope you guys make it. I am not one to quit tours but, in all honesty I can't be assed to put time and effort when the possibility of stumbling across these teams exist. At least not when there are so many things I can do rather than getting cheesed by people hungry for recognition on a website.

Last but not least. I would like to quote gr8astard before he was banned by Pokemon Online Simulator Administrator Hannah:

"You can Baton Pass this dick"

See you all.

Peli

I'm not one to complain about things like these but honestly, it is a nuisance for people like me to stumble across these sort of matches. When I joined this tour it was with the intention to get fun matches playing the tier that I enjoy the most, instead I get people who care not about having fun, but to win, so much as going as far as abusing a broken (albeit allowed) mechanic. I am thoroughly disappointed of the mentality that the players, as well as the managers portray in this type of tours. It's not a new thing, but to be reminded of it sucks.

All of that being said, I have to thank my managers Mr.378 and absdaddy for picking me up and allowing me to play. I haven't had much as much fun as I had playing with you guys for a while. I also want to wish my teammates all the luck against the remainder of the tournament. I hope you guys make it. I am not one to quit tours but, in all honesty I can't be assed to put time and effort when the possibility of stumbling across these teams exist. At least not when there are so many things I can do rather than getting cheesed by people hungry for recognition on a website.

Last but not least. I would like to quote gr8astard before he was banned by Pokemon Online Simulator Administrator Hannah:

"You can Baton Pass this dick"

See you all.
glad i asked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)