Tournament Ubers Premier League VIII - Commencement

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The retention rule was followed as per the commencement thread, and the p2 sellback is a special case, but I don't see how a mid-tour trade is comparable to the latter. SPL doesn't do mid-tour trades except for when there is midseason, so this trade decision isn't consistent with SPL.
SPL allows post W1 trades. UPL doesn't have a midseason. You can use the same argument to say that not allowing trades isn't consistent because one half of the conditional is always broken. But this misses the point entirely.

You broke a rule without referring it or explaining why an exception was made, you haven't updated the rules or made an announcement if the same rule still stands or not, and you haven't explained if such trades are still possible in the future or not. And if such trades are possible, what really are the circumstances that allow the rule to be bypassed.
As host I will post announcements in the admin thread at my discretion and not at the command of someone who's not even playing in this tour.

If nothing else, it'd be nice if you can point out the rules that are absolute, and the rules that are Up To Host Discretion.
No rules are absolute. Any condition within the tournament can drastically change which would thereby motivate any rule to be overturned based on that particular circumstance. This is common sense.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Thank you Minority for explaining and updating the trade rule 2 days after a trade happened.

Also thanks for pointing out that I'm not in UPL which is so very relevant to everything I said, that was very classy of you as a role model and moderator. Hope you keep up the good work and remain a beacon of reason and positive attitude! :blobthumbsup:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
No SparksBlade, I'm the host of this tournament dude. We need to have tournament rules and policy that are adaptive, flexible, and considerate of player / team needs. Following your rigid and tunnel-visioned opinion doesn't do that dude. If you challenge this admin decision further, or are belligerent again, I may have to write you up with an infraction for unsportsmanlike conduct, dude.

Listen dude, you're a good kid. Please put your pride aside and stop berating me so that I can do my job correctly.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Minority I had asked you how a trade happened when the existing rules forbade it, and the rules themselves weren't addressed or updated in that trade, to which you replied "all decisions are up to host discretion", yet still not addressing the rule itself. I questioned you again about it, and you replied after announcing an update to the rule, which I appreciate. But you felt it necessary to point out I'm not in UPL. Does that make a difference? I'm not seeing the logic in that, but whatever.

On discord I've voiced a few times that I agree this expanded UPL would benefit from modified trade rules, but them happening in the middle of the tour, with no transparency, is what I questioned.
If you challenge this admin decision further
You can read back and you'll find, I never challenged the decision, I merely asked for an explanation
or are belligerent again
I have not used hostile words or tone here, so I'm not sure where you get the idea.
I may have to write you up with an infraction for unsportsmanlike conduct, dude.
I'm sure you'll write that up faster than an update to the trading rules, dude.
Listen dude, you're a good kid. Please put your pride aside and stop berating me so that I can do my job correctly.
Again, I never berated you, this was about a simple question on an admin decision but if you think it directly berates you, then you're the one holding your nose too high.

No SparksBlade, I'm the host of this tournament dude. We need to have tournament rules and policy that are adaptive, flexible, and considerate of player / team needs. Following your rigid and tunnel-visioned opinion doesn't do that dude. If you challenge this admin decision further, or are belligerent again, I may have to write you up with an infraction for unsportsmanlike conduct, dude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)