Tournament Ubers Premier League VIII - Finals (Won by Dapper Dracovish)

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to the eighth edition of Ubers Premier League, an all-Ubers team tournament where managers draft from the pool of players to compete in a seven-week round-robin battle for Ubers supremacy. The top four teams will then advance to the playoffs, where the winning team will be crowned the premier of Ubers battling. This is Uber’s premier team tournament, providing an opportunity for Ubers powerhouses to display their dominance, veteran players to return, and for new talent to emerge.

Here's a few things to remember:
- A replay / log must be saved of your match or it will be considered invalid. No exceptions.
- General tournament rules and regulations apply. Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for all metagames unless both parties agree. If you play on anywhere that isn't PS! you must save a log of the match. All matches are best of one, except for the best of three slot.

We reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

To protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer.

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules.

Tournament Standings and Records

Dapper Dracovish (5) vs. Manly Melmetal (3)

SS: Icemaster vs. Royal1604
SS: cromagnet vs. Fc04
USM: Eternal Spirit vs. Sharow
ORAS: orch vs. fourmi
BW: Carl Murray vs. Corazan
DPP: shrang vs. Tomahawk
ADV: Melle2402 vs. Kushalos
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): PurpleGatorade vs. KyogreF4N

Deadline is Sunday September 6th at 11:59 PM PDT

Last edited:

64 Squares

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push miracle whips
is a Tiering Contributor
Dapper Dracovish (3) vs. Manly Melmetal (5)

SS: cromagnet vs. Fc04
USM: Eternal Spirit vs. Sharow
BW: Carl Murray vs. Corazan
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): PurpleGatorade vs. KyogreF4N

Rhmsitb

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Okay this is a baseless prediction don't take it seriously lol

Dapper Dracovish (4) vs. Manly Melmetal (4)

SS: Cromagnet vs. Fc04
USM: Eternal spirit vs. Sharow
BW: Carl Murray vs. Corozan
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): PurpleGatorade vs. Kyogre4an

Icemaster

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RBTT Champion

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Abs Shoutouts

first, sorry that i got banned. legitimately felt like i let the team down in a way. really appreciate all you guys sticking around by my side.

Stone Cold.
When you first asked me to assman i thought it's some elaborate troll considering that we didn't talk to each other for a very long time. Your charisma and energy you brought to the team is irreplaceable and I'm glad we got to win the tournament together. Outside of Ubers, you have been a great bud to just talk to about anything and I'm happy i made such a friend on this cancerous website. I wish you best of luck IRL and thank you for all the support, you made it all possible. Rock on cowboy.

PurpleGatorade.
Can't say I'm a fan of the drink itself but we knew we wanted you since day one. You were going to be our SM player but fate decided otherwise and you smashed it in BO3. Thanks for all the help pre draft and awesome gameplay, you're among the best this community has to offer and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. We don't always agree but I'm very happy we got another team tour win together, first AG now Ubers! Worth every penny of that 20k.

Carl Murray / Edna.
When we first met in a private server you never said a word. Friend of mine held you in a very high regard, bringing up your PO UPL record and stuff. We were having a hard time deciding between you or Problems hut i asked you if you wanna play for us then pulled the trigger. Little did i know I'm gonna make a great friend. You absolutely killed it with a 6-3 record, helped everyone on the team even in tiers you don't play and poured your heart into getting wins. It was fun to talk metal and guitars. Hope we stay in touch.
Don't worry about all the losers calling your teams bad, you won the tournament with a stellar record

Orch.
Many doubted you before this tour but i told Dave day one that you're a very potent ORAS option. Some people even said you won't be bought. I know from experience that you thrive in a good environment so we decided to take the risk and get you. You delivered as FUCK and then some, carrying the unviable tier of oras on your back and being a Vish through and through. I think your playstyle and ideas are a bit misunderstood and you catch a lot of flak for no reason, i hope with this performance players and managers will see you as a threat and an awesome guy you really are.

icemaster523.
Icemaster five two and three. The number 523 reflects your real value! Without a doubt the best SS Ubers player there is, we spent big on you in a kind of a yolo manner but you really showed everyone, myself included, how to play the new gen. Great teammate, great chat presence, you were one of the up and coming stars of the community and this tour solidified it. Thanks for leading Vish SS.

cromagnet.
The nicest guy there is. You're a great talent in SS Ubers and really were the soul of the team, always cheering everyone on and smashing it in your games. I felt legitimately bad when you lost your first game and I'm very glad you managed to recover from that and deliver a great performance afterwards. Your builds were WILD and you absolutely deserved this tournament win, on your debut no less. My voice probably doesn't matter much now but if Dracovish is to return as a team and you decide to stick around, i would like for you to manage it. Big fan! And you have a great taste in rap.

Melle2402.
THE Melloat. You were going to be a Vish since day one but draft decided otherwise. Thanks to some #dangerous moves we luckily managed to get you on the squad, saving you from the joke that were Ho-ohs and really empowering the team with the best ADV player there is. The beatdown vs Kyle especially and clutching many other games really showed what you can do in this tier.
We're gonna play some Warzone soon bro, don't you worry. Awesome team presence. I was told not to get you but i guess i can make it public now - smd Daniel, this guy was one of the best teammates I've ever had.

GAMA.
If i can sum you up with one word, it'd be GANHAMOS. I had doubts you won't care much considering Ubers isn't really relevant and whatnot but you smashed it in SM giving us some of the best played games this entire tour. Later on you picked up in activity and I'm glad we could team up. You own bro! Never Perdemos, always Ganhamos. My new favourite Brazilian.

Shrang.
Hello there! You really helped me with my own DPP performance, making me build out of my comfort zone and trying out new things. The Mewtwo i won 3 weeks with was your idea and i wanna give credit where it's due. You clutched it in finals and was always around ready to step in or help others. Underpay! May the Force be with you.

Ophion.
Even if the record doesn't reflect that i think you were a good pick up, you put in alot of work for the team and was a good chat presence. If you continue to play Ubers and stop using unteams i think you could become a serious threat. Keep at it and join some more tours, i wish you all the best and I'm glad we got you.

HS.
Sorry it was not meant to be. You're a good player and i wish you were more active early on, perhaps our story would pan out differently. Don't let that discourage you though, your win will come. Thanks for hanging around after your team lost, you're a Vish in my heart.

THE HELPERS
You know who you are and i thank each and every single one of you for being around and helping our dudes. Singling out Lord Exiline here for basically being a Vish despite being on Undrafted Urshifus, this kekker + Melloat was the ADV we needed.

Tomahawk
It was nice to play again, thanks for sharing ideas, prepping together and being a chill guy to talk to. You have nothing to regret as you did great after a million
year long hiatus and I wish we could face off again. Not going to happen unfortunately but i wish you all the best and I'm glad we could get back in touch.

Some of you know that i was going to retire if i ever win UPL. With this happening, the ban doesn't sting at all. This was the best team tour i have experienced and I'm thankful for each and every one of you. Congratulations Dracovish, you earned it. Thanks again Dave and the team for making this possible.

Much love,

- the Daddy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)