Tournament Ubers Premier League VIII Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

This eighth UPL season will start off with the selection of team managers. Only post in this thread if you would like to manage a team – all other posts will be deleted. Returning managers will have relatively stronger claims, but in the end we will be selecting the managers that we believe will make for the best UPL. You must signup in this thread to manage. You must be active for the entire tournament (approx. 2 months) and be capable of sending in weekly lineups on time.

The tiers that will be featured this year are:

- SS
- SS
- USM
- ORAS
- BW
- DPP
- ADV
- WILD

The wild slot is to be voted on by the selected managers. Two additional slots may be added, contingent on signups.

Manager Rules For Taking Over UPL Teams:

Taking over a UPL team from last year means that you are using its name and retention rights for this season, and requires at least one of the following sets of credentials:

- You were the team’s manager last year
- You were part of the team’s legacy in at least one year (manager, assistant manager, player, substitute) and last year’s manager does not object
- You have received explicit permission from last year’s manager and said manager has confirmed with me

The same credentials apply if you wish to take over a prior UPL team that did not exist last year, however, you will only be given its name (no retention rights). Meeting one of these credentials does not necessarily mean you will be selected to manage a team. If two qualified managers request the same team, the one with the superior credentials outlined above will be selected.

We are considering expanding UPL from six to eight teams this season, contingent on signups, so don't be afraid to signup under a new franchise. A new team requires a new team name (subject to approval), and will also have no retention rights. This rule is in effect so that new teams are not arbitrarily given a better set of defunct team retention rights as compared to another new team. Remember, retains exist to reward the scouting of new talent and to promote team legacy.

Teams that have participated in UPL at least 3 consecutive years will be given legacy status. This means that their names can no longer be overwritten. As of now, two teams have legacy status: DaReal Drizzlers and Defiant Durians.

Signing Up:

At minimum you must include the following in your post. If you do not yet have an assistant manager, leave it blank and edit when selected. Have your assistant manager confirm by liking the post. An assistant manager is highly encouraged. Both the manager and the assistant manager will have the option to self-purchase prior to auction for exactly 20,000 credits.

Assistant Manager:
Desired Team / New Team Name:
Past UPL Experience (Year / Role):
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role):
Bio (quick intro on who you are):

Signups will be open at least until June 14th, with selection before player signups are posted.

Last edited:

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I am Iron Man

Assistant Manager: The Demigod Terracotta
Desired Team / New Team Name: The Devastating Dialgas
Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): Managed UPL IV V and VII played III and VI all for this team. Terra played VI and VII
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): Managed POCL twice and made playoffs both times. Played in two spls and two World Cups among many others. Most recently I I won UUPL with the Eterna Forest Veterans and RoApl with the Lilycove Ludicolos.
Bio (quick intro on who you are): I am The Iron Man of Ubers. I have played and contributed to this tier for over 15 years now and I care deeply about not just it but this tour which holds meaning to me as my first team tour. Terra meanwhile is the Demigod himself, winning Sword and Shield's first tour Kickoff and establishing himself as one of the top players of this generation. Together we will definitely make this the one for the Dialgas franchise.

steelskitty

you deserve so much more than this
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
man ass: iry
team: the choice BANDITS
past upl experience: ive been playing upl since 2014 (i think i missed 2 years here and there but wutevz) and irys played a bunch of them too. oh and i managed this team and its distant ancestor (the belvin skymins) twice. oh AND dream said i could have it
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): i did spl and wcop once each in the distant past. iry managed mw and i was his not nyraz-sanctioned co-captain. we made it to the very last game of finals and then lost to a crit. go figure. oh yeah and iry made ubers championship finals. go iry.
Bio (quick intro on who you are): bitch i'm steelskitty

Last edited:
Assistant Manager: KyogreF4N

Desired Team / New Team Name: Manly Melmetal ( oh god, imagine a Melmetal with a leather jacket and sunglasses. )

-----------

My description :

Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): Won my first UPL ( VI ) with Durians. Played for the Drizzlers in UPL VII too.

Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): Got picked in SPL this year. Also did a great Exhibiton in Ubers. I got picked in every tierPL as well, and helped in Snake. Already managed some french tour, and actually managing in POCL.

Bio (quick intro on who you are): Idk what to say here. French Ubers player number 1987 ? Globaly, I'm playing a lot of Smogon tournament, in majority teamtours, with 80% of the time decent results. Since i'm here since 4/5 years, i'm starting to know well a lot of cummunity, but more likely the ubers one. Recent gen as well as old gen.

-----------

Kf's own description :

Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): played last 2 UPL, I did 5-2 with mukkers last year

Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): 2 upl, 1 snake draft as a player. I have manager experience through French teamtours (spl like format, my team won twice in 3 editions)

Bio (quick intro on who you are): I'm an ubers player since 2011, I started on PO then moved to showdown. My first relevant performance was the finals of ubers open 2017,which had no winner. I did ssnl finals a couple of times, and many good performances in individual tournaments. My teamtours on smogon were 2 upl which were pretty good experiences, I was drafted by Iron man twice and did well. I had a very poor snake II, because of lack of motivation at this period. I know the last 4 gens well as I've played them as current gens, I also have decent knowledge in dpp and adv. I'm also a ladder hero, and I'm currently in ult playoffs.

Hoopas Dad

formerly Mysterious M
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Assistant Manager: Blim
New Team Name: Delta Rayquazas
Past UPL Experience: Playing since UPL 3 or smth
Biography: After winning the MW with Hitmen, i decided to bring the Rayquazas in UPL! Co-Managing with Blim, we are ready to bring a new winning franchise in this tournament.

Last edited:
Assistant Manager: Melee Mewtwo
Desired Team / New Team Name: DaReal Drizzlers
Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): UPL 2 (Player), UPL 3 (Winner), UPL 4-7 (Manager)
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): there are other tournaments?
Bio (quick intro on who you are): resident tyrant ringleader, suppressor of the ubers french revolution, altchaser, analysis maker, arceus freer, upbidder extraordinaire, supporter of the current generation, oh and i guess ubers tier leader.

we're looking to improve the apathy amongst this community towards the current generation, inspire some development across the board, and have a good fucking time doing it. let's do this

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Skysolo and Enzo Gorlami were given Pohjis' blessing to take over Durians, so if anyone signed up to take over durians who aren't memeing you'll need to edit your post accordingly (and actually follow the signup format), otherwise you won't be in consideration.

I'll be closing this thread on June 14th so make sure your signup is in before then.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Assistant Manager: Nobody - I will delegate a player to assistant manager post draft - if this is a problem, let me know.
Desired Team / New Team Name: Heavy Duty Ho-Ohs
Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): Played and won UPL 5 with the defiant durians / UPL 6-7 as a player on Drizzlers
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): Played Ubers in Smogon Snake Draft 2. Player in SPL X. Managed for Ubers Most Wanted I.
Bio (quick intro on who you are): I want to put an end to the egregious elitism that the ubers community displays. I want to carry the new generation of ubers players forward and give them a chance, because I believe the development and future of the community is a more important collective goal than winning. I have a lot of experience in all generations of ubers featured in this tournament. Also, whats a UPL without the weeb team?

Minority

Numquam Vincar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)