Welcome to the eighth edition of Ubers Premier League, an all-Ubers team tournament where managers draft from the pool of players to compete in a seven-week round-robin battle for Ubers supremacy. The top four teams will then advance to the playoffs, where the winning team will be crowned the premier of Ubers battling. This is Uber’s largest and premier team tournament, providing an opportunity for Ubers powerhouses to display their dominance, veteran players to return, and for new talent to emerge.
Hello everyone, my name is Minority and I’ll be your host.
Some important general rules:
1. Managers are allowed one (1) Assistant Manager.
2. Managers and Assistant Managers may self-purchase prior to auction for 20,000 credits each.
3. Teams are allowed to purchase a maximum of two (2) retained players from last year’s UPL.
4. There will be eight (8) starters and two (2) substitutes: the minimum number of players on a team is ten (10).
5. The maximum number of players on a team is twenty (20).
6. There will be no midseason.
7. Just as with SPL there will be a severe penalty for any team that picks up a known alt of a banned player, or any player masquerading as another person. It is important to establish that both parties will be penalized immediately and appropriately if they are found doing so.
The tiers that will be featured this year are:
- Best of Three (SS / USM / ORAS)
The teams and managers this year are:
Choice Bandits - steelskitty + iry
Dapper Dracovish - Stone_Cold + absdaddy
DaReal Drizzlers - Nayrz + Melee Mewtwo
Defiant Durians - Skysolo + Enzo Gorlami
Delta Rayquazas - Mysterious M + Blim
Devastating Dialgas - Mr.378 + Terracotta
Heavy Duty Ho-Ohs - Cynara + Djokra
Manly Melmetal - Alkione + KyogreF4N
To be considered at auction, you will need to post with the following format:
You must signup with exactly this format as we will be using an automated tool to convert signups into a spreadsheet. We ask for your name for organization reasons and for the auction. The metagames played are those that you have experience in and are capable of playing in a tournament setting. Do not post a metagame that is not one of the featured tiers. Inactivity is simply if you have any extensive period of time where you will be unavailable, (for example, gone on vacation for a week) this is incredibly important for the managers to know so that they can do their best to make sure the team doesn't suffer from inactivity.
An example sign-up:
Name: Champion Lance
Metagames Played: ORAS, BW, ADV
Inactivity: two weeks in July to work on my new novel
After signing up, the next step is to go advertise yourself to teams to increase the chance of getting bought in the auction. The best way to do this is to go onto their individual Discord servers and follow whatever process they have for tryouts.
In case it wasn't clear already, Discord activity is heavily encouraged for those wishing to participate in this tournament. Discord activity is important not only for sign-ups but also for spectating the auction and working with your team during the tournament itself. It is absolutely vital for UPL to be an enjoyable experience for you and your team.
Although it may not raise your chances of getting picked, you are more than welcome to come discuss the tournament on the Ubers Discord.
If you were picked last year to be on a team, you may be eligible for retention. This will be handled by team managers during player signups.