Tournament Ubers Premier League VIII - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to the eighth edition of Ubers Premier League, an all-Ubers team tournament where managers draft from the pool of players to compete in a seven-week round-robin battle for Ubers supremacy. The top four teams will then advance to the playoffs, where the winning team will be crowned the premier of Ubers battling. This is Uber’s premier team tournament, providing an opportunity for Ubers powerhouses to display their dominance, veteran players to return, and for new talent to emerge.

Here's a few things to remember:
- A replay / log must be saved of your match or it will be considered invalid. No exceptions.
- General tournament rules and regulations apply. Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for all metagames unless both parties agree. If you play on anywhere that isn't PS! you must save a log of the match. All matches are best of one, except for the best of three slot.

We reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

To protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer.

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules.

Tournament Standings and Records

Delta Rayquazas (4) vs. Manly Melmetal (4)

SS: Goat Heart ♥ vs. Royal1604
SS: Jaajgko vs. Fc04
USM: Leru vs. KyogreF4N
ORAS: Aishia vs. fourmi
BW: The Dovahneer vs. Corazan
DPP: CKW vs. Kei Kikuno
ADV: Chill Shadow vs. 0NI
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): Garay oak vs. Sharow

Devastating Dialgas (4) vs. Dapper Dracovish (4)

SS: Reje vs. Icemaster
SS: Manaphy vs. cromagnet
USM: HunterStorm vs. Eternal Spirit
ORAS: loving1096 vs. orch
BW: Hack vs. Carl Murray
DPP: Lasen vs. absdaddy
ADV: Heysup vs. Melle2402
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): March Fires vs. PurpleGatorade

Deadline is Sunday at 11:59 PM PDT

Last edited:

byulharang

formerly Holy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
go lasen !

USM: Leru vs. Kyogref4n - Rays have pretty fire usm support in M and garay + leru has had a good szn I think he will win this
ADV: Chill Shadow vs. Kushalos - Think this is rlly close, whoever has the better team will win
USM: HunterStorm vs. Eternal Spirit - Es has been going crazy from what ive seen
ADV: Heysup vs. Melle2402 - Both top tier adv but I think melloat will bounce back in poffs, HL game imo

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Delta Rayquazas (7) vs. Manly Melmetal (1)

SS: Goat Heart vs. Royal1604 - i think goat heart is just more consistent, historically and in this tour specifically, so as long as there isn't a bad matchup, gh will take it
SS: Jaajgko vs. Fc04 - fc's style has leaned quite a bit towards standard and safety imo, and leaves him predictable which i expect jaajgko to exploit. not much separates these two in playing at this point after a few hiccups earlier in the tour, so slight edge
USM: Leru vs. KyogreF4N - despite the record, leru has played pretty mid and gotten lucky in a couple lost games to clinch a W, but kyogref4n has had a pretty disappointing tour so far although he did grab a win recently, so maybe that's a sign for things to come. still gotta side for leru and friends for this one based on results. also very cool alts so far leru
ORAS: Aishia vs. fourmi - i think aishia has had a better time at oras in recent tours, switching up teams and bringing slight new innovations
BW: The Dovahneer vs. Corazan - from the few games i saw, cora seems to be a bit lost in the middle game as to what he should do, often letting go of his advantage and almost losing. should be a close one cos idt dovah is a stranger to bw either
DPP: CKW vs. Tomahawk - barring a very gross matchup/hax, tomahawk should have it cos he knows the tier better and has been building good teams, which helps a lot in getting a grasp on the tier and will show in the actual battle as well
DPP: CKW vs. Kei Kikuno - so kei kikuno had to sub in for tomahawk, after jumping a bit between gens in past weeks. rays have also jumped in and out their players from the dpp slot, so this is essentially a battle between two non-regulars. still, ckw won a dpp game earlier, and rays have overall been positive in dpp so far which is surprising considering they won't let a player stay too long. i think ckw has considerable edge here, with two previous rays dpp players to help him. kikuno will need tomahawk's assistance in prep+a lot of practice to have a shot here
ADV: Chill Shadow vs. Kushalos - close game but i expect cs will get a late game crit to clinch it, as per history
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): Garay oak vs. Sharow - garay has been amazingly consistent for over a year now, and many times in that span he has outplayed and won very tough matchups and ct attempts, so sharow will have to do some insane prep+practice in ss and oras to have any chance of taking down garay, cos idt usm is ever worth the gamble

as much as i'd prefer the melmetals to make it, on paper the rays are clearly favored

Devastating Dialgas (4) vs. Dapper Dracovish (4)

SS: Reje vs. Icemaster - nice win by icemaster last week as he apologises for trying to win a game, i think he has been more consistent the whole tour, while reje tries to find his groove. as much as reje bitches about ss, and pretty much anything else that exists, i know he's been sincerely trying so far but just hasn't gotten the results to show for it
SS: Manaphy vs. cromagnet - manaphy has had a pretty good tour so far, and 3-0 in ss specifically is good showing, but i think long term consistency is an issue and cromagnet just needs to bring a solid team and play a patient game
USM: HunterStorm vs. Eternal Spirit - 4-3 record for hunter but now he plays gama who relies a bit on who gives him teams, and here i think hunter has an edge with his different style of building that might catch gama off guard. but that edge is small, as gama has played very well this tour and by now he might have learned usm enough to be careful around hunter's traps
ORAS: loving1096 vs. orch - loving's performance so far hasn't been amazing despite a positive record, with predictive teams, some which i don't think were that great. speaking of teams that weren't great, orch is 4-2 in oras with his own creative teams, so as long as he doesn't bring something too creative and forgets a dark resist, he should win this comfortably
BW: Hack vs. Carl Murray - hack's record is disappointing but it's a result of some crits flinches and rolls, but he's still as dedicated as ever in his building and playing so as long as aforementioned stuff doesn't happen, hack is a clear favorite in this one
DPP: Lasen vs. absdaddy - while i believe it's well within reason to expect lasen to surprise abs, specially with hack's help in building, i think it's reasonable to expect abs to clinch it with his better understanding of the metagame aiding his plays
ADV: Heysup vs. Melle2402 - predicting an upset here against the melloat, heysup has brought his own interesting take on the adv metagame, as was specially seen in the last week(even though they had already qualified), and with hack helping to make sure heysup doesn't get a bad matchup vs the fabled sun stalls, i think heysup will actually outplay and win this one
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): March Fires vs. PurpleGatorade - usm and ss are 5050s, but tape imo is favored in oras and that gives him the slightest of edge in this great matchup

Last edited:
SS: Reje vs. Icemaster
SS: Manaphy vs. cromagnet
USM: HunterStorm vs. Eternal Spirit
ORAS: loving1096 vs. orch
BW: Hack vs. Carl Murray
DPP: Lasen vs. absdaddy
ADV: Heysup vs. Melle2402
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): March Fires vs. PurpleGatorade

Clean 8-0 cuz I am the Dapper Dracovish's Saviour.
Fuck the other bracket tho

Last edited:

The Gunner

formerly Enzo Gorlami
is a Tiering Contributor
Soooooooooo this is what it feels like to lose... can't say I'm not devastated by the final result. Till the very end, I completely believed in our team's ability to comeback and sneak into playoffs at 4th place. But, we aren't the same champion squad this year that we have been every year. Our play was off in a number of tiers, we had holes in our team and somehow we could not seem to synergize after week 1. All good things come to an end, and I'm glad we can pass the baton to a team that deserves it this year. I personally would like to see either the 378s take it after coming close a number of times, or Dave's team, who were considered underdogs preseason by many, but have showed their calibre.

Internally, I want to give a shoutout to our manager Skysolo. You were extremely passionate the entire season, and I cannot have thought of anyone more motivated to do the job. You were never afraid to constructively criticize others and yourself, and your contribution towards carrying our evident weakness in SS was remarkable. I hope you aren't too disappointed by the result, because it's not your fault. We couldn't come together as a team, and that's on us, not you. Keep you chin up.

To the other goats on our team who've put up the strong numbers year after year: every champion has an off-season. Consider this one to be ours. I'm still proud of everyone who's stuck with us for years... Pohjis, Kebabe, MDragon, Sparks, Solo, TDK, Byron, Slurmz, Benbe, Obii, Reje, Kush, Cata, Belvin, Cam, Krau and anyone else I may have missed. Thank you for your support in making Durians the dynasty it is and creating a special jerk that I can regularly rage on about petty things. I love you all.

BIG G CHOPPA

Banned deucer.
Delta Rayquazas (7) vs. Manly Melmetal (1)

SS: Goat Heart vs. Royal1604 -
goat heart.png

SS: Jaajgko vs. Fc04
USM: Leru vs. KyogreF4N - France le 100 n i would b outright lying if i said otherwise
ORAS: Aishia vs. fourmi -
egirl.png
lol.
BW: The Dovahneer vs. Corazan - Easy dub 4 dova
DPP: CKW vs. Kei Kikuno
ADV: Chill Shadow vs. Kushalos
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): Garay oak vs. Sharow - A highlight 2 heat players i fuck wit france le 100 & sharow le chef but garay mf oak a spain demon
demon.png

Would b dope to see an 8-0 from the rays

ORAS: loving1096 vs. orch - Loving got some clean ho-oh doubles & the chinese are WOKE
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): March Fires vs. PurpleGatorade - yellow tape gang aka the flopperson wins 2-0 wit ease n cop a clean 7-1 win loss record
demon.png
demon.png
demon.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)