Tournament Ubers Premier League VIII - Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to the eighth edition of Ubers Premier League, an all-Ubers team tournament where managers draft from the pool of players to compete in a seven-week round-robin battle for Ubers supremacy. The top four teams will then advance to the playoffs, where the winning team will be crowned the premier of Ubers battling. This is Uber’s premier team tournament, providing an opportunity for Ubers powerhouses to display their dominance, veteran players to return, and for new talent to emerge.

Here's a few things to remember:
- A replay / log must be saved of your match or it will be considered invalid. No exceptions.
- General tournament rules and regulations apply. Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for all metagames unless both parties agree. If you play on anywhere that isn't PS! you must save a log of the match. All matches are best of one, except for the best of three slot.

We reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

To protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer.

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules.

Tournament Standings and Records

Dapper Dracovish (4) vs. Manly Melmetal (4)

SS: Icemaster vs. Fogbound Lake
SS: cromagnet vs. Fc04
USM: Eternal Spirit vs. Corazan
ORAS: orch vs. Lacus Ichinose
BW: Carl Murray vs. 0NI
DPP: absdaddy vs. Tomahawk
ADV: Melle2402 vs. Royal1604
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): PurpleGatorade vs. KyogreF4N

severimagehooh.png

Heavy Duty Ho-Ohs (3) vs. Delta Rayquazas (5)

SS: Nalei vs. Goat Heart ♥
SS: Shuwri vs. Jaajgko
USM: Lazy_bread27 vs. Leru
ORAS: dream vs. CKW
BW: Thiago Nunes vs. Chill Shadow
DPP: lax vs. TSR
ADV: Finchinator vs. Aishia
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): watashi vs. Garay oak

DaReal Drizzlers (5) vs. Choice Bandits (3)

SS: TrueNora vs. crucify
SS: Ballfire vs. Peli
USM: Perry vs. Hugo Barrington
ORAS: LaBalladeDesCieux vs. Dominatio
BW: 64 Squares vs. Endill
DPP: Staxi vs. Lord Thorx
ADV: l'habitat vs. squinn
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): default0 vs. Zesty43

Defiant Durians (3) vs. Devastating Dialgas (5)

SS: Skysolo vs. Reje
SS: TonyFlygon vs. 100%GXE
USM: byronthewellwell vs. HunterStorm
ORAS: Duncajuwon vs. loving1096
BW: Kebabe vs. Hack
DPP: Hamhamhamhamham vs. Manaphy
ADV: The Kyle vs. Heysup
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): TDK vs. March Fires

Deadline is July 19th at 11:59 PM PDT

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
More very biased, low effort predicts:

SS: Icemaster vs. Fogbound Lake
SS: cromagnet vs. Fc04
USM: Eternal Spirit vs. Sharow
ORAS: orch vs. Lacus Ichinose
BW: Carl Murray vs. Thimo
DPP: absdaddy vs. Tomahawk
ADV: Melle2402 vs. Kushalos
SS: Nalei vs. Goat Heart ♥
SS: Shuwri vs. Jaajgko
USM: Lazy_bread27 vs. Leru
ORAS: dream vs. CKW
BW: dice vs. Chill Shadow
DPP: lax vs. TSR
ADV: Finchinator vs. Aishia
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): watashi vs. Garay oak
SS: Skysolo vs. Reje
SS: TonyFlygon vs. 100%GXE
USM: byronthewellwell vs. HunterStorm
ORAS: Duncajuwon vs. loving1096
BW: Kebabe vs. Hack
DPP: Hamhamhamhamham vs. Manaphy
ADV: The Kyle vs. Heysup
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): TDK vs. March Fires

SS: Icemaster vs. Fogbound Lake: Ice is very very solid, and I do not really know a ton about fogbound.
SS: cromagnet vs. Fc04: thats my guy.
USM: Eternal Spirit vs. Sharow: gamas game last week was the most exciting one imo. That said I think sharow bounces back here and can produce something in the builder than Es may have issues with
ORAS: orch vs. Lacus Ichinose: hard to predict against the man who solved the meta but I think lacus will def be prepped for ditto goth, perhaps orch will throw a curveball and bring sample ho and farm.
BW: Carl Murray vs. Thimo: I am hoping this game produces either bp or some blazi wobb, I would put money on one of the two. Carl just has played more of the meta going with him
DPP: absdaddy vs. Tomahawk: Abs has been rolling and I dont know anything about dpp
ADV: Melle2402 vs. Kushalos: glad to see melle in adv finally. I heard that he is 0-3 against the chef I cannot see him going 0-4.

SS: Nalei vs. Goat Heart ♥: do not know nalei goat is t3 ss for sure.
SS: Shuwri vs. Jaajgko: this one could probably go either way I think shuwri may be slightly more solid but I do not really know
USM: Lazy_bread27 vs. Leru: I think leru is pretty well favored here
ORAS: dream vs. CKW: Under normal circumstances I would favor dream here, however I think he may be on a tilt after last week and the stuff going on with his team which i could see hindering his play and prep.
BW: dice vs. Chill Shadow: I think dice has been subbed twice now do not think he is very invested. On the other hand I think cs is really enjoying himself and is coming off a big win last week against the upl goat.
DPP: lax vs. TSR: I would assume lax has sub 10 dpp ubers games maybe ever and not sure if he's touched farceus, if he preps just a bit though and tests he could for sure take it.
ADV: Finchinator vs. Aishia: hard to predict for a man who gets crit every 3 turns.
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): watashi vs. Garay oak: I give garay a decent edge in all 3 gens mans a unit

SS: Skysolo vs. Reje: No idea on this one, my 3 fav matchups of the week are from these two teams complete toss up id say.
SS: TonyFlygon vs. 100%GXE: tony is a hot boy in ss ubers
USM: byronthewellwell vs. HunterStorm: I think the way byron plays could work to hunters advantage depending on the style of team he opts to play. If he uses something fatter I would give more of an edge to byron but if he uses offense I think hunter will take it.
ORAS: Duncajuwon vs. loving1096: this guys teams are sick
BW: Kebabe vs. Hack: super excited for this one cant really predict against kebabe in bw but hack obviously can take it.
DPP: Hamhamhamhamham vs. Manaphy: I think mana has just played the tier a bit more.
ADV: The Kyle vs. Heysup: heysup looked quite good last week
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): TDK vs. March Fires: another complete toss up imo. I would give TDK the ss edge from what ive seen and Tape the sm edge albeit just slightly. Think it will come down to oras which means anything could happen.

Gonna request some sort of activity or something because i didn't get any news of Thimo, despite me trying to schedule the best with him.
I'm not free on sunday and he's not on saturday, so today was the day we both agreed on, and yet he still didn't show up. I was also already up to play the whole week, so it's not like there wasn't any other day i couldn't play bar sunday.

Here are the screens in case. I waited more than 30 mn, pm'ed him even saying the name i'm using. Wanted to play but that leaves me no other choices.

Thimo Alkione

Edit: if possible i would like him to be subbed. I can still play tonight up to like 10 pm my time and tomorrow will also be free starting 8:30pm my time, sunday still being impossible to me

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)