Tournament Ubers Premier League X: Finals (Won by The Defiant Durians)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyx

Anyways - so then I cursed her.
is a Site Content Manageris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Doing this because keys said it would be funny.

SS: Star vs. Fc - idk who Star is and Fc seemingly isn’t complete dogshit.
BW: TonyFlygon vs. Evuelf - apparently this dude was the former TL so he’s gotta be good right? That + his opponent is too busy collecting 2D waifus etc.
BO3: Garay oak vs. Ayaka - idk either of these because I’m bad like that so I randomised this one :3.

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Looks like things got as dramatic as it could possible get, keys lost his zen when choosing tiers for tiebreaker (rightfully so wtf). Since I was close to getting most of em right, might as well do the tiebreaks as well. Not surprised at all with the tiers picked as well as the players chosen with the exception of maybe someone else in place of Star. That said this guy won most of his SS games in B03 so I get it from the Durian's perspective.

SS: Star (55%) vs. Fc (45%)

I feel like Fc didn't have that great of a game last week, there were some questionable turns but this comment is coming from someone who stayed in on Tyranitar with his Specs Dragapult for 3 months straight in 2020, believing he was getting pursuit trapped so he wanted to get some compensation...

That said, I think Fc's inexperience in tournament play will come into effect here a fair bit, he is a great player but I feel like the hit from World Cup might have an impact (I feel like it kinda did in his game last week). However, it seems like the Void Villains are confident in his ability regardless of the recent setbacks. A player's mentality is half their battle so I will give Star the slight edge here but really, this could go either way if Fc enters Sunday night at 100%. This heat wave freakin sucks though, stay hydrated bros.

BW: TonyFlygon (45%) vs. Evuelf (55%)

Speaking of heat waves, this is a hot pairing. I've been told Tony used to be a BW Ubers ladder hero back in the PO days. I think Evuelf is well aware of this since he is from those days too. I said in my previous predictions so I'll say it again, Durian's wouldn't slot in this guy if he didn't know what he was doing. But this time there is atleast some record of Tony in the tier, even though Fc wasn't born at that time. Evuelf on the other hand probably sees BW Ubers teams in his dream and wakes up with PS! beside his bed ready for some building action. His name is one of the first that comes to mind when you think of players who actively play the tier so we are looking at two sides with polarizing experiences and approach honestly. I will give Evuelf the edge here since he hasn't been tilted at all yet and is definitely the undisputed top dog of BW Ubers in this rendition of UPL. That said, this is Pokemon so anything can happen. Also this fucking heat wave is ass and I don't envy my European brothers at all right now. I'll ride my top speed 80kmph trains its okay ::blobastonished:

BO3: Garay oak (60%) vs. Ayaka (40%)

Honestly think Garay is he best B03 player ever but he chose to USM this tour so he can sit back and relax. We were teammates in UPL VIII and I know he puts in the effort no matter who he is facing. If tryhard needed a visual description, it's Garay. I'm still waiting on Specs Kyogre in USM though. I shall be giving him a more than marginal edge here!

Ayaka, formerly Gondra (bro you don't even like Ayaka that much, give me the name :puff:) on the other hand is a very good pilot, and knowing the amount of support he has in the back, I am very confident he will put up a great fight against Professor Oak. The result of this pairing will heavily depend on how well keys and Fc's crew supports Gondra in the teams department.

Sunday will be tight but I will probably miss the games so all the best to both teams and don't lose. Stay hydrated please. Make sure you got a water bottle beside your PC/Mobile device. I'll reach out to Aquafina or some shit to sponsor this tiebreaker if needed :blobpex:

void vs durains.gif

GGs Villains, you guys had a solid debut this tournament. People were skeptical on how you guys would perform but you went past the expectations and came so close, props to you guys but man, what a journey, it took a while, but we finally brought the trophy back home after 2 years of trying. It felt as if after back in 2020 that the franchise was dead after failing to make playoffs, but I never gave hope in the team, and we were so close last year, but we were beaten by a better team that year and finally, we were rewarded this year after a dominant season. Truth be told, we weren't the most active team, but we took our draft seriously and got a pool of solid players in all gens. You guys stepped up when it mattered all the way to finals. Never questioned a single buy in this team and that's the biggest thing a manager can be proud and this one goes out to you guys, Cheers!

Management/Retains
TonyFlygon: I know you were itching to win this tour just as much as I was, and we finally got it! Every UPL, you weren't afraid of busting out the techs or making plays that win the game. you joined and cared more than anyone else on the team and it showed that we couldn't won this without you. this win is dedicated for all your hard work and passion you have towards this team and Ubers in general being brought to official tournaments. a 2Peat??? only time will tell on that one.

Garay oak: Thanks for not cursing the franchise. Jokes aside, we all know how GOOD of a player you are, so I'll try to keep the gagging to a minimum. Thanks for tagging along with us to manage, you were a key member to our success when it comes to prepping teams (please stop getting ho'ed in usm) and winning your own games. I'm happy we were able to win one after Jirachis back in 2019 and Durians last year. I hope you keep on playing the tier in the future.

TJ: THE STRAP JUNIOR!!!!! Thanks for joining us this year. This might be like our 10th time teaming up together and I'm glad we won this together, you were valuable member to the team. you never let any losses get in your head and was always ready to win when necessary. I'm still better than you tho so don't get too cocky, nonetheless, enjoy the win and lets team together again as always and win the next - pop smoke

Players
Star: You farmed in SS/bo3 all tour and you weren't afraid to pull any triggers to put yourself a step ahead of your opponent. We wanted to get you on the team the moment we saw your signup and you did not disappoint one bit. You had your share of unlucky moments but that didn't stop you from blazing through the competition. I hope you sign up for the ubers tour!

lax: Thanks for playing with us in gsc and stepping up in dpp. you might be the first player in ubers history to eliminate a team using mono flying with Delibird so props for you on that. you also weren't afraid to switch tiers when we needed to, and you did your best. Thanks for joining us and being a good team player in and out of your games.

FatFighter2: Man, whoever decided to rank 8th in the prs must be shitting their pants as of now because you went off this tour. Not only did you win your games, but you did it by building your own craft of teams and trusting your own style and for that, I have nothing but respect for you. You were a great chat presence and brought nothing but positivity to our prep. I hope you sign up for more of these and make some more heat to solve the tier!

Luthier: I'm not gonna lie, we did not expect to get you this auction LOL, an accidental nom turned into a SS Ubers winning machine. You came clutch when we needed it and that's all a manager can ask for you. you were an enthusiastic team member and contributed both in and out of your games. Enjoy the win.

fourmi: I don't understand how someone can win so much and so effortlessly, I had no idea that you could even play adv and honestly, I give a shoutout for Tony on this one. your ability to be our last few games at the end of each week and to win 90% of the time is astonishing. you enjoyed the challenge each week and you dealt with it nicely. It was a pleasure to team with you.

Monai: Bottom 1 BW go brrrr..... except this was not the case here as you defied all expectations and brought us to where we wouldn't be if it wasn't for you. I wasn't aware of who you were prior to the tournament starting but thankfully Tony did!!!! Thanks for being self-sufficient in your own games, this win is yours and hope we team together in bwpl?!?!

jonfilch: Thanks for subbing into SS when Tony was afk. you played super well, and you were comfortable with using anything we gave, your game vs Fc is something I'll almost never forget, and it brought our teams moral up when we were edging for a tie. Enjoy the win and hopefully you sign up for more ubers tours.

TSR: I feel bad that you were unlucky in your games. you're a good player and a positive teammate to have. This is unrelated but sorry for leaving the uupl server, I hope this win makes up for it :D. Having you in DPP is something I don't regret, and you played and prepped your butt off and it paided off at the end. let's team some more The Strap Replacement!

Samqian: I know subbing for you was hard, but you tried your best to be available. Regardless, you were a great asset to our team, and I hope you enjoyed the journey, lets runback it in UWC for the 2peat.

Helpers
ckw TrueNora byronthewellwell Thanks for all the help you guys provided during playoffs/finals, we couldn't have had an amazing final without your guy's inputs. This win goes out to you all as well!!!

Others/Misc.
Enzo Gorlami Pohjis whenever you guys see this, I felt like I had to win this one with me captaining the ship as the first time didn't went so well.... But I finally got one and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you two so love to you guys!

obii The Strap has won, that is all

Minority Thanks for hosting the tour as usually, fuck what anyone else has to say about you.

Mr.378 Daniels will team up one day for upl and win! mark my words...

shrang and Inspirited gratz on the dpp records, outstanding performances

Torchic The Torchic.

Lasen best memer on this site, it's not even close.

Icemaster Count your days

That is all
-Strap out

Rhmsitb

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Congrats durians great work I'm happy to see my ex team winning the whole thing. I would like to s/o Gareeb bhai for helping me in this tour. I'm glad to represent my old friends teams in this tour. It was probably the last tour where I was fully involved. S/o Mega Zygarde-100%/champion yveltal bhai :), jinoo daddy (the legend), dubbleclick (unluckiest guy but a legend), goat heart (my favorite usm player) , plat (plaot) , 64 squares (the guy who introduced me to smogon), rdkb (goat ho user) , the dovahneer (our first meeting was not great lol) , pisador(scarfed mewtwo user) , alistr (best web user) , pflynn (cosmic power arc poison guy) , node (the guy who competed against me to make me reach my highest ubers elo , sanv (best ladder player), dewtios (I hated stall), snakey77 (tr stall guy) , lolipopkingpuppy (great builder) , fixdswine (he used same team in 99% of his matches), hyw(legend), praise groudonism (ro superhit man sharma) , sharow san (fastest ladder topper?), garay oak (goat) , invester a (goat), general kenobi (goat) , bluemoon(timer stall guy), highlord(the guy who used to create dpp roomtours daily for him), exiline (easiest opponent of my life lol) and 1000s of others for making my ladder days beautiful. S/o holy gang specially 8142e (you're finally learning to play noob), my team and team players you guys are great. In the end s/o pohjis and arsenal for being the best room owners.

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations Durians for pulling through and becoming Ubers legends once again.

Now that UPL X has come to a close I'd like to thank the Ubers Moderation team for our discussions leading up to the tournament that helped thresh ideas and figure out how to create the best tournament possible. I'd also like to thank the managers and players for keeping this the most smooth UPL we've ever had, requiring no or next to no extensions, activity cases, dead games, or other administrative drama, we've come so far from what UPL I was like, and hopefully in the future this tournament will continue to grow and foster the most competitive competition. Most of all I'd like to thank everyone who signed up to participate, your interest and dedication are the reason this tournament is what it is.

This will likely be the last UPL I host. It's no secret that my responsibilities in other places in my life have gotten very intense and I've been able to spend less and less time in live chats and on forums.

FatFighter2

zacian waifu :flushed:
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Very late s/o post but I've been procrastinating it for a week even though I've really wanted to write it cause I'm a johner. Ggs to the Villains, it was a really close series that went back and forth.

First I want to thank the Strap, Garay, and Tony for drafting me and believing in me even though I was going into tiers that I hadn't played much before. You were the best managers I could have asked for. Everyone in this team was amazing this season, regardless of price tag, and the team atmosphere was always super positive and confident in our team's ability get out of any jam. S/o to 4mi, Strap, and Garay for the valuable oras support and many tests, without you guys I would've gone 0-x probably LMAO.

Huge shoutouts to Highlord for being my shadow oras support and cheerleader all 7 weeks + playoffs. I knew I could always rely on you to check out this oras idea I had or to test a couple of games. But every week you told me my team lost to durian stalll but no one brought it lmao. Also thanks to ckw for literally carrying durian prep in finals and tiebreaker. You really deserved to win this one too, and my heart went doki doki whenever I saw the green discord dot next to ckw. Best of luck in smogon heaven. Also grateful to cousin SparksBlade for introducing me to oras (> ss).

Finally Id like to thank zacian and primal waifu for being an inspiration and blessing me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)