Project Ubers Replays

Untitled.png

Welcome to Ubers Replay thread! This is the place where you can post your Ubers replay for viewing.

In order to keep some of the replay submissions high quality, there'll a weekly vote for replays to be curated. Along with your submission, you should write something to explain why your replayed game was interesting, high quality, noteworthy, or something. Feel free to discuss about other people's replays.

Rules:
If the replay is hidden, please respect players' privacy unless you have permission from both parties for it to be posted.

Week 1 Replay:

It is that time of the year to go through some of my fondest memories with this game. I will sharing my thoughts of a game I played against Hack in the Ubers Fall Seasonal in round ten. This game and the overall three game series happened nearly five years ago. Feel free to watch game two and game three but I will be focusing on the first game.

A little backstory before getting into the match itself. During the time I was most known in the Ubers community by having my default Victini avatar and using my favourite Deoxys-Attack hyper offense team in every single game whether it was me peaking the Ubers ladder or during my run in the Ubers Fall Seasonal. Eventually my luck ran out and ShadowQuinn (squinn these days after a name change) absolutely demolished me in round eight in two games.

I had to approach to my tournament games with different teams and thus my most trusted and favourite team had to retire. In top of that I gave up my casual and sweet Red avatar and changed it to a more energetic avatar with Ethan. I felt adding this minor detail since I have stuck with my Ethan avatar ever since my defeat to squinn!

Hack was at the time (and still is) one of the best and legendary Ubers players so I had my work cut out for me. By looking at the team preview I wasn't at first completely sure what his Arceus would be but I assumed it would be a support one with Defog since he had a Lugia. Arceus-Ground at the time wasn't that common and if it was used it was nearly always Swords Dance. Special sets with Calm Mind and Ice Beam has become more and more used from the adaption of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Ubers where special Arceus-Ground is one of the most used (and arguably one of the best) overall Arceus you can use.

My two assumptions were thus either Arceus-Water or Arceus-Dragon. Regardless of the Arceus typing his team was in general quite slow so my two balance breakers Life Orb Ho-Oh and offensive Primal-Kyogre would have a field day. If I could paralyze his Arceus and the Mega-Kangashkhan with either my Body Slam Mega-Salamence or Primal-Groudon my two balance breakers would have even a better time.

My back up check for Mega-Kangaskhan was my Arceus-Ghost with Will-O-Wisp since my game plan had Mega-Salamence checking his Primal-Groudon so I could attack with my Primal-Kyogre without taking any damage or status from it. I tried to spread as much status as possible, lay up a spike or few and thus break as much as possible with the combination of Primal-Kyogre and Ho-Oh. Arceus-Ghost with Calm Mind would clean up late game.

First four turns we were kind of feeling each other but already at turn five he was predicting my Klefki to come in on his Toxic from Arceus-Dragon so he could predict that and go to Primal-Groudon catching my Klefki. I managed to call that out and went to my Primal-Kyogre so I could force my first big hit on one of his 'mons. A couple turns on turn eight I was able to paralyze his Arceus-Dragon with my Primal-Groudon which meant my Ho-Oh was starting to look even better. One round of hazard damage and it died to two Brave Birds from switching or one paralyze from full health meant Arceus-Dragon was losing to my Ho-Oh. Let's see if it comes into play.

We both exchange obvious Toxic's with our Klefki's on each others Primal-Groudon. I got my Primal-Kyogre in for another attack on turn 15 and switched out a turn later to not take an unnecessary Toxic from his Lugia. Instead of setting up layers I was able to predict his Primal-Groudon switch and doubled back into my Primal-Kyogre. Him setting up Stealth Rock would benefit him and harm my Ho-Oh more than me getting up a layer and losing offensive momentum.

On turn 20 I was able to chip his Primal-Groudon down severely but by the damage he took I was absolutely sure he was faster than my Primal-Kyogre so I switched out in fear. Him switching out first the next turn confirmed this. I missed an opportunity to severely weaken his Klefki at turn 26 but I think not risking that and avoiding the status from Klefki was the better play. I was punished for not trading Spikes with his Klefki. I was able to kill his Primal-Kyogre with my own but I should have been able to get a bit more from my balance breaker. It was the only kill my Primal-Kyogre got in this game.

I mentioned earlier that after one layer of Spikes I could possibly beat his Arceus-Dragon with my Life Orb Ho-Oh. After getting my layer of Spikes on turn 38 I was able to finally bring out my second balance breaker Ho-Oh in on turn 40. His Lugia was revealed to be faster but he switched it out to not get statused by Sacred Fire burn from my Ho-Oh. He brought in his Arceus-Dragon in and on turn 42 it was my first attempt to get a paralyze on his Arceus-Dragon and beat it with my Ho-Oh.

I wasn't able to get it but on turn 56 I had my second attempt. Earlier on turn 45 Hack had the opportunity to set up his Stealth Rock with his Primal-Groudon and he probably should have gotten up his "greed rocks". I believe I would have been able to Defog them away with my Mega-Salamence after a couple turns he would have fainted to Toxic residual. He was regardless in a tough position after I was able to chip down his Stealth Rock setter with Toxic residual, one layer of Spikes and that big hit from Primal-Kyogre on turn 20.

Eventually I was able to get my desired paralyze on his Arceus-Dragon. This meant that he would be losing the hazard war because he wouldn't be able to Defog against any of my Pokemon. It also meant that his Primal-Groudon and thus his Stealth Rock setter was dead so my biggest threat to his team, Ho-Oh, could switch in and out freely. Finally, I would be able to set up my own Stealth Rock with my Primal-Groudon and force his Lugia to take hazard damage from switches.

He was able to kill my Mega-Salamence on turn 63 with his Mega-Kangaskhan. On turn 65 I without a doubt made my biggest misplay of the game by risking taking a status from his Klefki with my Arceus-Ghost which was my check to his Mega-Kangaskhan. The play worked because he switched out but regardless it wasn't the best play by any means. He made the same play on turn 67 and he tried to surprisie sleep my Arceus-Ghost with Sing from his Mega-Kangaskhan. The unreliable moved as Sing is missed and retaliated with a Judgment predicting his Klefki on turn 69.

Not risking the Toxic or Thunder Wave from his Klefki I switched out to my Ho-Oh who I preferred to be statused over my Arceus-Ghost. He missed Toxic twice but I doubt it mattered this point. He was able to freeze my Klefki on turn 76 but as long as I hit my Will-O-Wisp on his Mega-Kangaskhan I wasn't in much trouble. Luckily for me I was able to hit it on turn 80.

At this point the game was over since his Lugia couldn't phaze me around because he had Substitute over Whirlwind. My Arceus-Ghost was ready to win the game but my Klefki was able to break his Substitute on turn 84 and Toxic his Lugia the next turn which meant the coveted Spikes layer was able to end the game before my planned end game cleaner Arceus-Ghost. He forfeited the game on turn 89 and I was able to win the first game of the series.

There are a few reasons why this is one of my most memorable games and replays during my time here. I mentioned it earlier in the little backstory but being able to win a game with a complete different team and even an archetype against such a player of Hack's calibre was really unexpected. It got me extremely excited but then the harsh reality checked in and I lost the next two games and therefore the entire set to him.

The most memorable plays in this game I made were my predictions catching his Primal-Groudon with my Primal-Kyogre several times and punching holes to his team with my sea monster. Overall this game showed how important spreading status is and chipping your opponent's Pokemon with either Toxic residual or hazard damage could be as valuable as straight up attacking them. I remembered the game mainly from the predictions I made but my biggest achievement in this game was being able to status his biggest threats which lead me pressuring his team with my balance breakers (mainly Ho-Oh) and thus winning the hazard war and eventually the game.

Even tough I ended up losing the series, I was able to garner the respect from such a legend in the tier and overall from the Ubers community from my performance in this particular series and during the Ubers Fall Seasonal. I was one of the most notorious ladder heroes from summer 2015 up to December to this very series but after this series my laddering days were over and I started focusing solely on the tournaments hosted on this site.

Here I still am after five years playing those very tournaments...

Last edited:

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
While a lot of people know me because I only post some funny texts and images from time to time, it wasn't too long ago that I made my "debut" of sorts in this very game on the Smogon tournament scene. Sure, a lot of old PO player such as Astounded, Level 56, Lacus Clyne and Lord Outrage knew who I was because I was involved in clans and the Ubers ladder a lot back then, but Smogon?! Nope.

So it's 2018 and after Reje decided to REMEMBER this year 'round to tell me to sign-up for Ubers Premier League VI, I am fortunate enough to be a 3K buy on the Alolan Mukkers, a team that is TECHNICALLY new, even though it kept retain rights from Devastating Dragceus from the prior UPL. Anyhow, I help here and there, with my BW slot mostly ignoring what I have to offer and waiting for my time to shine since I was promised I'd play sooner rather than later. Fast forward to Week 5, I'm slotted in... vs. Hack. To say it was a discouraging match-up for 2018 Lasen to wake up to would be an understatement. No one predicted me to win outside of my team mates and I can't blame them. (I even fucked up scheduling, DMing Hack instead of writing on his wall...)

Building for this wasn't easy, as I knew Hack could realistically play whatever he pleased. Me and March Fires got to work, deciding that, since Hack has had a very sub-par by his standards tournament thus far so he'd play it as safe as possible, aka Bulky Offense with Specially Defensive Ogre and maybe a dedicated lead. Finalised product is this, a team that is role compression x6. Dragon Tail Palkia is the SpD Ogre answer, Dialga for itsb offensive set aka two phasing dragon-types, Rayquaza as a beaker and CM Ghostceus as the best possible core to cover practically everything.

Team Preview:
1607992590430.png

I load up the game and instantly assume that Arceus has to be a bulky, Anti-Ogre typing, so Grass, Water or the uncommon Dragceus. I plan to play my Rayquaza as a bluff, since it's not obvious what its exact set is, while my Ghostceus is quite evident since I otherwise lack a spinblocker on a very hazard reliant team. Overall game-plan since I didn't run into rain: hope it's not Earth Plate on Groudon since it can absolutely destroy me and force Genesect to take spike damage as often as possible to maybe E-Speed it with Rayquaza or Judgement with Arceus.

Lead goes as expected, with both of us leading our respective Deoxys. I set-up a Spike, he Dark Pulses to bring me close to death. Rocky Helmet chip breaks his Focus Sash and now I have to find a way to pilot my way into NOT allowing hazards, as I, too, am susceptible to the pressure his Scarfer provides. Go Rayquaza and Extreme Speed, playing it safe onto a Heatran switch. I don't expect him to be Stealth Rocks as he has two other potential setters and this is his stall breaking insurance so I opt to go Dialga on whatever he wants to click. Since my Dialga MIGHT be offensive he can't stay in and I get rocks nicely on the Deo-A sack, which allows him to finally get a Spike up as I Draco and kill it.

Turn 10 requires a lot of hindsight for it to be explained properly; I decide to go Ogre on what SHOULD be an Offensive Groudon-which it of course is- as he gets Stealth Rocks up. This turn only makes sense if you realise that Rayquaza can still be Earthquake which I can double into here and then force him to take hazards on the only Pokemon that can always safely switch-in to me, his bulky Arceus whose form is still a mystery to everyone but himself. Kyogre is in, he doesn't see Leftovers and he has to decide what my item is. Is it Choice Scarf? Maybe Specs? What if it's a weird Lum Berry set? Groudon is too important, he has to switch-out, he knows a Water move is coming.

1607998205072.png

I have still yet to surpass the high of that blind Thunder connecting on the Waterceus and killing it (with a timely crit to be fair). Everything rode on me reading his mind and betting it all on the typing of a single Pokemon. The momentum this blind Thunder, from an Ogre, in front of a Ground-type broke the game in half in my favour. There was no good Kyogre answer on his team anymore, but at the same time, had he stayed in or been Grassceus, I would have been in a much different position. But in that one crucial moment, I rode the wave, quite literally and clicked what I considered my best possible option.

The following turns consist of us exchanging blows with our weather setters. He kills Palkia with an Earthquake, I go back into Kyogre and Ice Beam the Giratina-O who is now too low to properly check anything. I expect him to sack it, but he keeps it as he sees the opportunity cost of bringing it at a later point, even as a sack. I idly continue beaming the Heatran expecting a double of some sort, only to go back into Dialga as I realise I am making negative progress.

The Dialga turns aren't actually something I play well, as I Roar out his Heatran and get in the Genesect which finally takes the chip I've been longing for. Not being scared of it, I stay in and... Thunder, for some reason. Twice, thus letting him set-up his double phasing RestTalk Giratina-O. His phasing gets my Kyogre in after an Arceus-Ghost I try to keep healthy, and I ice beam kill it. The crit certainly speeds things up but after talking with Hack after this game, we agreed it didn't actually matter that much. I sack the Dialga to the Heatran and go back into Kyogre to spam Surf. As its very low, Genesect kills it with an Iron Head and now I should be able to win from he-

wait a second. Genesect has an Attack boost and it's locked into Iron Head. Arceus-Ghost can't kill with Judgement from this range and I don't wanna rely on Focus Blast... and Rayquaza is dangerously low.

1607999126513.png

+1 248 Atk Genesect Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza: 202-238 (57.5 - 67.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
Everything relies on this calc right here and Iron Head's 30% flinch chance.

1607999302345.png

1607999331700.png

The game is mine, Ubers discord doesn't believe it and the Mukkers are elated. I feel like I just won the lottery. After this, I slowly crept into tournament scene and now I am the player and person you know me as. If I had lost that game, I'd not be where I am right now nor would I had met some of the wonderful people I met through this game in the last 2.5 years. I wouldn't be as cocky if I hadn't won this game. Hell, I don't think I'd have continued to attempt to be a recognisable name in this community.

Thank you for reading.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6ubers-510824

This UPL game demostrates a fantastic utilisation of Ditto + Gothitelle team to deal with top meta offensive pokemon and orch excutes the team wonderfully during this game with key knowledge of sacks and HP management on crucial pokes in order to win, with a surprise SPA invesment on his Arceus-Ground to feed off his opponents common tendancies and expecting Mega Salamence to live Ice beam and sail his way to clean victory.

Last edited:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ubers-396153

This games from snake 2 which was the first big tour that contained ubers that I partook in if you do not count ubers team tour. This was my 3rd game of the tour, and probably the game I was second most eager for besides the one against TTG. Kf4n was coming off ubers open finals which he probably should have been given the win for the year prior and I believe a 6-2 upl as well as the second ranked spot in the pr so there was not really much pressure on myself and a lot to gain. While I very much respected kf4n playing ability, I felt as though his team choices were very safe, and that I could exploit that. the concept of my team was don that lures zyg for groundy and groundy that lures ho-oh for don. And I had a raging scizor fetish at the time so he's on there too. T1 I lead groundy anticipating a gar or don lead, gar was less advantageous because I was not going to show that I was physical yet so I could be giving up a free sub but that was something I was willing to live with. Luckily he did end up leading don which to me setup a pretty free stone edge. Its really hard to assume I'm physical groundy especially being i lead it and you cant risk don. From t1 on I felt like I was an extremely advantageous spot having removed really the only rock polish groundon check on his team after he later revealed his arc was not arc water but instead arc ground. Where the game began to get a tad concerning for me started on t10. I knew if I could keep the arc ground chipped or land a toxic I could almost certainly sweep with my groundon. Unfortunately doing so proved difficult because of the rng gods. on t10 I missed a toxic, and on t14 having clicked toxic with yveltal that turn I was frozen by ice beam. I remember sorta freaking the fuck out because I was 3 scoops of pre workout deep (I use to plan tour games around when I went to the gym cause i liked to take pre before them) and what was seemingly a clean win path was all the sudden quite muddied. from here I just saved my yvel as fodder (which came in handy later) and went xern. I went xern here because I had already revealed toxic on it, and shown I was rp don so I knew he would almost certainly switch to gar to absorb toxic and get his mega off, and this allowed me to get my groundy back in and recover. From there we underwent a para fishing match between ultra and his zyg, I was able to get rocks up which is all i really cared about, because my xern was well equipped to deal with his zygard as it was lefties and not z. To my surprise rather than sacking zyg or don, he allowed me to get damage off on groundy to then pivot his gar in on my toxic. this was absolutely fine by me cause I could sack off yvel to gar and sweep with don at this point assuming I hit moves which was definitely in question at this point. I was able however to hit all my moves and win the game. Im posting this game because to this day I think I can say its my favorite game playing wise that I have had in ubers but I think its also a good representation of using semi unorthodox cores to parlay off of each other like physical groundy and rp special don.

I did not proof read this nor am I going to and Idk how to import the cool screenshots so apologies.

JT Yao

Banned deucer.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1245874916-701mrn1iw4guy6agr6lbnspt7k3ekospw

Team Used: https://pokepast.es/969fd3d4470f1d1e

Oh orch wherefore art thou?

I'm celebrating my 100th post by showcasing this legendary replay. For anyone who ever played GSC or HGSS, Karen of the Elite 4 once said, "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." And this replay showcases just that. An ingenious build by BasedWhat?, this team features innovative techs like Block + CM Galarian Slowking and Stealth Rock Jigglypuff as a way to completely confuse your opponent and throw them off guard. Scarf Krookodile provides a much needed form of speed control, while Belly Drum + Sitrus Berry Azumarill serves as the teams primary breaker. Buzzwole acts as a solid physical wall and emergency win con, in the event the star of this team cannot sweep the opposition. And that star is none other than Celesteela! Celesteela is often considered an unorthodox pick, as most people run some bulky set utilizing moves like Leech Seed. However, when paired with a Power Herb, Meteor Beam, and Autotomize, watch how Celesteela sweeps and stunts on the hoes. :blobtriumph:

This game was mostly played by BasedWhat, while receiving moral support from SS Ubers phenoms like TrueNora, Fc, Lazy_bread27, Goat Heart ♥, Manaphy , Basedburner, and myself of course. Turn 1, BasedWhat leads Galarian Slowking vs hughmiki's Eternatus. BasedWhat immediately traps Eternatus with Block and proceeds to use Calm Mind + Rest to set up. Eternatus does however get up two layers of Toxic Spikes, though not even a Turn 3 Dynamax Cannon critical hit could stop Galarian Slowking. By Turn 15, a +6 Eerie Spell completely decimates the opposing Eternatus. Hughmiki then sends out Yveltal, which forces BasedWhat to switch. He switches to Buzzwole expecting a Knock Off, and indeed BasedWhat correctly predicts hughmiki's play. He then switches back to Galarian Slowking, which absorbs the Toxic Spikes Eternatus had set prior, while hughmiki doubles to Zygarde. BasedWhat switches to Azumarill on Turn 18 and proceeds to use Knock Off to inflict solid damage to anything hughmiki could switch to, except for Zacian-C. However, this was all part of the plan. As hughmiki switches to Zacian-C and clicks Play Rough, BasedWhat switches to Galarian Slowking, who only takes a measly 29% of damage. Hughmiki switches to Yveltal, as BasedWhat predicts this and doubles to Jigglypuff. Although Yveltal uses Knock Off to get rid of Jigglypuff's Eviolite, Jigglypuff is able to get up Stealth Rocks on Turn 22. Hughmiki tries to remove Stealth Rock by having Yveltal using Defog in Turn 23, but BasedWhat brilliantly predicts this and proceeds to use Endeavor to lower Yveltal's health - a truly pivotal moment in this battle! At this point, hughmiki aims to quickly sweep BasedWhat's team on Turn 24 by switching out to Zacian-C. Jigglypuff is once again able to set up Stealth Rocks on the switch in. Since Jigglypuff was an integral part to BasedWhat's team, he switches it out for Galarian Slowking on Turn 25. Zacian-C proceeds to use a combination of Wild Charge and Assurance to get rid of Galarian Slowking. On Turn 27, BasedWhat sends out Choice Scarf Krookodile to quickly dispose of Zacian-C. At this point, everyone was surprised when Zacian-C outsped Scarf Krookodile and OHKO'd it with Play Rough. BasedWhat? and I surmised that Zacian-C was Jolly (disgusting). Having no choice left, BasedWhat sent out Celesteela, the star of the team! On Turn 28, hughmiki foolishly switches out Zacian-C for Yveltal, possibly expecting either a Choice Scarf or Quick Claw Fire Blast from Celesteela, given the rather crackhead nature of this team. Yet, this proved to be a fatal mistake for hughmiki. As this time, I take over the battle and proceed to use Autotomize followed by Meteor Beam on Turn 29. Thanks to the insane skill ceiling of our team, we are able to successfully knock out the weakened Yveltal with a +1 Meteor Beam - this would not have been possible had it not been for the Endeavor of Jigglypuff (pun intended). The end is near, as hughmiki sends out Kyogre on Turn 30. Unfortunately, Grass Knot OHKOs Kyogre. Finally on Turn 31, hughmiki sends out his last hope - Necrozma-Dusk Mane in the Rain. But it's too little, too late, as a +3 Fire Blast roasts it, even though its damage output got reduced by the Rain + Prism Armor. And that concludes the end of this glorious match. BasedWhat respectfully says "gg" while I conclude with the "GG KID". This is how you stunt on the hoes! :psysly:

I wish this battle analysis could be as extensive as the essays of steelskitty or possess the humor of Lasen, but alas! Though some of our sets were suboptimal (no Heavy Duty Boots on Buzzwole, Moxie over Intimidate on Scarf Krookodile, and Curious Medicine over Regenerator on Galarian Slowbro) and the overall choice of mons were questionable at best, this replay showcases that to win, you must not "play like a robot" as my dear friend and esteemed colleague Mega zygarde-100% would say. This kind of team exemplifies the innovation that SiTuM had described earlier. As UPL approaches near, I want all the future managers to remember this replay and the sheer verisimilitude of talent required to pilot this kind of team to victory. The moral of the story, "Don't play like a robot, stunt on the hoes, and pour one out for our fallen crackhead friend Orch, who has probably been abducted and seduced by the aliens." I hope to see you all in UPL my dear friends! :blobnom:

Edit 1: Posted below is the revised version of this team, which happens to have a current win rate of 100%. I truly believe this is the single best SS Ubers build you can make at the moment, and as my dear friend and mentor Terracotta would say, "meta solved."
Edit 2: In response to SparksBlade below, only BasedWhat and I were logged on the alt at the time, the other people mentioned at the beginning of the post were merely spectating us. I have no idea who hughmiki is tbh, perhaps BasedWhat? might know. This game happened back in December 2020, we were originally going to play in the finals of a room tour but dc'd due to bad Wi-Fi connection (probably mine, but could be BasedWhat's). So, we decided to unofficially recreate the room tour finals! We found this game particularly memorable because look at the mons we're using vs standard metagame threats at the time. I think this is the direction (though maybe not to that extreme) that people should start going for in SS Ubers in order to truly innovate. Using unorthodox techs like the Celesteela and Galarian Slowking sets truly bestow a little extra oomph that this otherwise stale tier might need! I hope you enjoyed the read fam!:blobwizard:

Edit 3: Forgot to mention Manaphy on my 100th post! How forgetful of me...

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1245874916-701mrn1iw4guy6agr6lbnspt7k3ekospw

Team Used: https://pokepast.es/01f1d1ab4a218e07

Oh orch wherefore art thou?

I'm celebrating my 100th post by showcasing this legendary replay. For anyone who ever played GSC or HGSS, Karen of the Elite 4 once said, "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." And this replay showcases just that. An ingenious build by BasedWhat?, this team features innovative techs like Block + CM Galarian Slowking and Stealth Rock Jigglypuff as a way to completely confuse your opponent and throw them off guard. Scarf Krookodile provides a much needed form of speed control, while Band Azumarill serves a breaker. Buzzwole acts as a solid physical wall and emergency win con, in the event the star of this team cannot sweep the opposition. And that star is none other than Celesteela! Paired with a Power Herb, Meteor Beam, and Autotomize, watch how Celesteela sweeps and stunts on the hoes.

This game was mostly played by BasedWhat, while receiving moral support from SS Ubers phenoms like TrueNora, Fc, Lazy_bread27, Goat Heart ♥, Basedburner, and myself of course. Turn 1, BasedWhat leads Galarian Slowking vs hughmiki's Eternatus. BasedWhat immediately traps Eternatus with Block and proceeds to use Calm Mind + Rest to set up. Eternatus does however get up two layers of Toxic Spikes, though not even a Turn 3 Dynamax Cannon critical hit could stop Galarian Slowking. By Turn 15, a +6 Eerie Spell completely decimates the opposing Eternatus. Hughmiki then sends out Yveltal, which forces BasedWhat to switch. He switches to Buzzwole expecting a Knock Off, and indeed BasedWhat correctly predicts hughmiki's play. He then switches back to Galarian Slowking, which absorbs the Toxic Spikes Eternatus had set prior, while hughmiki doubles to Zygarde. BasedWhat switches to Azumarill on Turn 18 and proceeds to use a Banded Knock Off to inflict major damage to anything hughmiki could switch to, except for Zacian-C. However, this was all part of the plan. As hughmiki switches to Zacian-C and clicks Play Rough, BasedWhat switches to Galarian Slowking, who only takes a measly 29% of damage. Hughmiki switches to Yveltal, as BasedWhat predicts this and doubles to Jigglypuff. Although Yveltal uses Knock Off to get rid of Jigglypuff's Eviolite, Jigglypuff is able to get up Stealth Rocks on Turn 22. Hughmiki tries to remove Stealth Rock by having Yveltal using Defog in Turn 23, but BasedWhat brilliantly predicts this and proceeds to use Endeavor to lower Yveltal's health - a truly pivotal moment in this battle! At this point, hughmiki aims to quickly sweep BasedWhat's team on Turn 24 by switching out to Zacian-C. Jigglypuff is once again able to set up Stealth Rocks on the switch in. Since Jigglypuff was an integral part to BasedWhat's team, he switches it out for Galarian Slowking on Turn 25. Zacian-C proceeds to use a combination of Wild Charge and Assurance to get rid of Galarian Slowking. On Turn 27, BasedWhat sends out Choice Scarf Krookodile to quickly dispose of Zacian-C. At this point, everyone was surprised when Zacian-C outsped Scarf Krookodile and OHKO'd it with Play Rough. BasedWhat? and I surmised that Zacian-C was Jolly (disgusting). Having no choice left, BasedWhat sent out Celesteela, the star of the team! On Turn 28, hughmiki foolishly switches out Zacian-C for Yveltal, possibly expecting either a Choice Scarf or Quick Claw Fire Blast from Celesteela, given the rather crackhead nature of this team. Yet, this proved to be a fatal mistake for hughmiki. As this time, I take over the battle and proceed to use Autotomize followed by Meteor Beam on Turn 29. Thanks to the insane skill ceiling of our team, we are able to successfully knock out the weakened Yveltal with a +1 Meteor Beam - this would not have been possible had it not been for the Endeavor of Jigglypuff (pun intended). The end is near, as hughmiki sends out Kyogre on Turn 30. Unfortunately, Grass Knot OHKOs Kyogre. Finally on Turn 31, hughmiki sends out his last hope - Necrozma-Dusk Mane in the Rain. But it's too little, too late, as a +3 Fire Blast roasts it, even though its damage output got reduced by the Rain + Prism Armor. And that concludes the end of this glorious match. BasedWhat respectfully says "gg" while I conclude with the "GG KID". This is how you stunt on the hoes! :psysly:

I wish this battle analysis could be as extensive as the essays of steelskitty or possess the humor of Lasen, but alas! Though some of our sets were suboptimal (no Heavy Duty Boots on Buzzwole and Moxie over Intimidate on Scarf Krookodile), and the overall choice of mons were questionable at best, this replay showcases that to win, you must not "play like a robot" as my dear friend and esteemed colleague Mega zygarde-100% would say. This kind of team exemplifies the innovation that SiTuM had described earlier. As UPL approaches near, I want all the future managers to remember this replay and the sheer verisimilitude of talent required to pilot this kind of team to victory. The moral of the story, "Don't play like a robot, stunt on the hoes, and pour one out for our fallen crackhead friend Orch, who has probably been abducted and seduced by the aliens." I hope to see you all in UPL my dear friends! :blobnom:

Edit: Posted below is the revised version of this team, which happens to have a current win rate of 100%. I truly believe this is the single best SS Ubers build you can make at the moment, and as my dear friend and mentor Terracotta would say, "meta solved."
Just out of curiosity, how many of you were on that alt when playing that game? Also, was this for some tour? And is hughmiki someone we recognise? I think answers to these questions will help provide a much wider context and be overall beneficial for the casual reader to enrich the experience of your analysis. Thanks for sharing! :blobthumbsup:

Garrett

Banned deucer.
A couple notable corrections:
-The Azumarill was NOT banded (the turn 19 damage should indicate this), we were Belly Drum > Liquidation + Sitrus Berry
-My dumbass loaded the wrong ability on Slowking-Galar so we were actually Curious Medicine LOL (evident when we switched)
-The early doubles with Slowking-Galar were made assuming Scarf EQ could win easily if I stopped T-Spikes so I could hard switch on something and take minimal damage but this guy is the only dumbass on high ladder with a Jolly Zacian-C so that happened (and I get mad in chat)

And is hughmiki someone we recognise?
They were someone JT had played on ladder before and I believe peaked to #1 or very near top on Ubers ladder at a point around the time of the battle, which was a friendly challenge not on ladder. I was given hughmiki's permission to post this private replay here by the way.

https://pokepast.es/969fd3d4470f1d1e HERE IS THE ACTUAL, ORIGINAL PASTE. THE TEAM NAME ON THE PASTE IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE STORY.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)