Ubers Tamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
    • (Normal) Giratina -
Stats: 100/90/110/90/105/90
    • (Origin) Giratina -
Stats: 100/120/100/100/100/100

This doesn't make sense.
Who would ever run normal girantina over origin? For what 10in def and 5 in sp def?
I'd say either give normal girantina more bulk, or origin less.
Or give normal girantina more power or change dat origin to 100attack

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
    • (Normal) Giratina -
Stats: 100/90/110/90/105/90
    • (Origin) Giratina -
Stats: 100/120/100/100/100/100

This doesn't make sense.
Who would ever run normal girantina over origin? For what 10in def and 5 in sp def?
I'd say either give normal girantina more bulk, or origin less.
Or give normal girantina more power or change dat origin to 100attack
Regular Giratina still has a very big niche over Giratina-O, it can run leftovers, life orb, and choice items while Giratina-O is forced to run the Griseous Orb which is nowhere near as good as any of those items. This makes Giratina a much more reliable support Pokemon in general with leftovers recovery.

Regular Giratina still has a very big niche over Giratina-O, it can run leftovers, life orb, and choice items while Giratina-O is forced to run the Griseous Orb which is nowhere near as good as any of those items. This makes Giratina a much more reliable support Pokemon in general with leftovers recovery.
Oh forgot about that. I never play ubers.

Is there any chance you'll nerf/rework things like SwagPlay and Moody which got banned from OU (poor Bidoof)? Soul Dew too if we find it is broken in XY.
I'm pretty sure these things were banned for being uncompetitive and causing mass trolling on the ladder. Is it even possible to balance these things out without making them completely unplayable? Even if they were only slightly nerfed they couldn't be used in any serious competitive setting. Also, the theme of this pet mod is to 'take uber threats and decrease their power level to be manageable in OU'. Are swagger and moody powerful in the same way Kyogre and Arceus are? Doubt it.

And Soul Dew is definitely broken as shit. No doubt about that. A suspect test wouldn't even be needed. Although I wonder whether there is any point in nerfing it at all. Isn't its absence alone already enough of a nerf, as demonstrated by the Latis' comfortable poisition in OU.

Bumping because there is a new uber to tame.

I'm tired and so I won't do a detailed post, but removing Sacred Sword from Aegislash's movepool seems the best thing to do, as this move shreks would be hardcounters such as Bisharp or Heatran(and Diggersby to a lesser extent). I never understood why it got the move in the first place since that's the signature of the Swords of Justice quartet and Aegislash has no relationship with them(unlike Ho-oh and Entei).

I'm tired and so I won't do a detailed post, but removing Sacred Sword from Aegislash's movepool seems the best thing to do, as this move shreks would be hardcounters such as Bisharp or Heatran(and Diggersby to a lesser extent). I never understood why it got the move in the first place since that's the signature of the Swords of Justice quartet and Aegislash has no relationship with them(unlike Ho-oh and Entei).
*Flavor Facepalm*
You really can't think of 1 reason why Aegislash, a possessed sword, would learn Sacred Sword? Most Signature moves don't stay signature for long, see Mega Horn, Extreme Speed, Morning Sun, Horn Leech, etc.

Anyway, I'm not sure how effective that will be since it gets Brick Break as well. I assume you mean "Remove all fighting type coverage from it's movepool" but that doesn't make those things you mention into hard counters.

252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Hidden Power Fighting vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 428-508 (157.3 - 186.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Aegislash-Blade Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 278-330 (102.2 - 121.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Aegislash-Blade Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 291-343 (75.3 - 88.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Diggersby: 257-304 (82.3 - 97.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

I would make it purely physical as the mixed Aegislash is possibly the reason for the ban.

I would make it purely physical as the mixed Aegislash is possibly the reason for the ban.
I'd say focusing on one damage catigory is the right way, but I don't know Physical or Special would be better. On the Physical side, you have the weaker Shadow Claw, but also have Sacred Sword, Iron Head, Shadow Sneak, as well as SD and Head Smash as options, where as purely Special has the stronger Shadow Ball, Flash Cannon and Hidden Power of choice. Shadow Sneak was an important part of it's sets, as it allowed it to nab many 2HKOs it couldn't have normally because of it's low speed.

I'd say make it physically-based so that it could stay in the pattern with its pre-evolutions who had high Attack and Defense, but lower Sp. Atk and Sp. Def. Maybe the stat spread can be something like 60/50/150/50/110/60 in Shield Forme and 60/150/50/110/50/60 in Sword forme.

EDIT: Also, it might not be a bad idea to nerf King's Shield a bit and make it so that it does -1 instead of -2 attack, but that may be a bit much.

I'd say focusing on one damage catigory is the right way, but I don't know Physical or Special would be better. On the Physical side, you have the weaker Shadow Claw, but also have Sacred Sword, Iron Head, Shadow Sneak, as well as SD and Head Smash as options, where as purely Special has the stronger Shadow Ball, Flash Cannon and Hidden Power of choice. Shadow Sneak was an important part of it's sets, as it allowed it to nab many 2HKOs it couldn't have normally because of it's low speed.
Then again defensive tanks would wall most of those attacks.

I'd think that nerfing Deoxys' speed so much would make it more NU than OU. It doesnt matter how strong it is, if it can't even outspeed Cincino it's going to die in one turn without accomplishing ANYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)