Ubers Weavile

pannu

THE GONG OF KNOCKOUT
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Weavile absolutely shreds up Ubers! It keeps up with the high power level in Ubers thanks to its solid speed tier, Swords Dance, and its fantastic STAB combination, which is very difficult to switch into for the majority of the tier, Triple Axel hits Eternatus, Yveltal, and Zygarde-C super effectively, Knock Off hits common Ice-resists in Necrozma-DM and Kyogre, and Ice Shard handles faster Pokemon like Calyrex-S, Marshadow, and offensive Eternatus. A Jolly nature is used with Heavy-Duty Boots to ignore entry hazards and outspeed Eternatus; however, an Adamant nature with a Focus Sash can be run to beat the common hyper offense lead Slurpuff, denying Sticky Web. An Adamant nature also causes +2 Knock Off to always OHKO specially defensive Necrozma-DM. Marshadow is Weavile's biggest competition, as it has the same nearly impossible-to-switch-into STAB combination but is much more immediately threatening, making it a better option to use most of the time.

Last edited:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Ok this doesnt actually tell me much about why Weavile is good in the meta, this reads like a list of facts about Weavile. A lot of this can be removed and replaced.

Drop the boots mention, its self-evident.
Break down what each STAB hits and why its therefore difficult to switch in to Weavile comfortably before talking about the Focus Sash stuff. Dont talk so much about the teammates for Weavile, it isnt just good at preventing Webs and I think this should be more standalone.

Sash + Adamant go hand in hand, I'd suggest you make that clear. Jolly + Boots is generally better for outspeeding most defensive Eternatus, which is a noteworthy speed benchmark.

I'd mention that it has competition from Marshadow more than the list of pokemon it's wary of, given that Marshadow is much more of a reason why not to run Weavile than any of the defensive counterplay Weavile has.

I'll give this another look after this is implemented so I can look at the character limit and figure out if stuff like Ferrothorn's existence is worth bringing up.

Talked on discord after he implemeneted the above, QC 1/1.

Last edited:

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
GP Check
blue = add
red = delete
green = comments

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Weavile (should insert a descriptor here of your choice like "absolutely" or something like that) shreds the up Ubers tier! Its keeps up with the high power level in Ubers thanks to its solid speed tier, Swords Dance, and its fantastic STAB combination, which is very difficult to switch into for the majority of the tier. (comma->period) since Triple Axel hits Eternatus, Yveltal, and Zygarde-C super effectively, and Knock Off hits common Ice-resists in Necrozma-DM and Kyogre, while and Ice Shard can handle handles faster Pokemon like Calyrex-S, Marshadow, (add comma) and offensive Eternatus. While A Jolly nature is used with Heavy-Duty Boots to ignore entry hazards and outspeed Eternatus; (comma->semicolon) however, an Adamant set nature with a Focus Sash can be used as it beats a run to beat the common HO lead in hyper offense lead Slurpuff, and gives its teams the advantage of not having Sticky Webs on their side denying Sticky Web (I think it goes without saying that denying Sticky Web is an advantage). The An Adamant nature also allows causes +2 Knock Off to always OHKO specially defensive Necrozma-DM. Marshadow is Weavile's biggest competition, (add comma) as it has the same nearly impossible-to-switch-into (add hyphens between "impossible", "to", "switch", and "into") STAB (remove hyphen) combination (remove comma) but is immensely much more immediately threatening, making it a better option to use most of the time.

stag stamp.gif

message me if you have any questions regarding the changes here since some are a bit complicated, but I feel comfortable with a 1/1 when implemented.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)