Ubers Ubers Winter Seasonal III - Round 7 (Losers' Bracket)

Status
Not open for further replies.

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

Art by MamOwOswine

Welcome to the first tournament of the 2018 Ubers Tournament Circuit, the third edition of the Ubers Winter Seasonal! This seasonal, like other tournaments that compose this year's circuit, will award points towards a general Ubers leaderboard which will ultimately award the 2018 Ubers Ribbon (if you have any doubts over the ribbon system, check out this thread)!

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard USM Ubers tournament
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!, preferably on the smogtours server.
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination.
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.) There may be some exceptions to this rule.
  • Every round, I may choose several games as the Highlight Matches.
  • Any eventual tier changes will only take effect in the following round.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Moody Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • SleepTrap Clause: A Pokemon cannot use a move that can inflict sleep status on the opponent if it has the ability Shadow Tag.
  • Rayquaza is not permitted to Mega Evolve.
  • The move Baton Pass is banned.

You are expected to know and follow all general tournament rules.
VMs are the only thing that matters for activity. Use this guide to ensure you don't lose via activity or coinflip.
I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO COINFLIP ANY GAME WITHOUT PROPER SCHEDULING PROTOCOL FOLLOWED.

Please let me know if there are any mistakes with the pairings.

Losers' Bracket

MMagma vs. ahhh
Karppi vs. NLSlayer21
Hamhamhamham
vs. The Excadrill
Cynara vs. Lord Outrage
Mysterious M vs. Wamr
Megazard
vs. My Thunder
Za Meowdo vs. Holy Break
Dark G vs. Chop
GunGunJ
vs. Jase Duken
EternalSnowman vs. CaCaTuA
Atlantic vs. Zesty43
Minougarou
vs. Bye

Highlight Games:
Cynara
vs. Lord Outrage
Mysterious M vs. Wamr
Megazard
vs. My Thunder

The deadline for this round is Saturday, March 17, at 11:59 PM EST.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

Rei

formerly Scholar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Opponent gave win will edit with proof when I get home in 5-6 hours.

Edit-Proof, sorry I forgot lol

Last edited:

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Dream why did u coinflip my r6 series vs naian dasch

"Give them some wiggle room. Standard wait time is 15 minutes; If your opponent isn't online and it's been 15 minutes since the scheduled time, their status has officially shifted from "a bit late" to "no-show.""

directly from statos's guidelines to scheduling

i explicitly stated that i could not play friday in my vms so what kind of point is "they still had over a day until the deadline". he missed scheduled time clear cut, and wanted to reschedule for a day he knew i wasnt available for????????? at worst, u should have extended the series and waited for me to establish contact w my oppo again, which in of itself is presumptuous that i should even need to accommodate someone who does not understand the concept of punctuality and also assumes that i would be free on the weekend unconditionally for a person who already clearly missed a scheduled time once
He made a forum post 17 minutes after asking if you had dc'd, so it makes sense that he was on around that time (he came to me saying he was indeed online and you actually weren't, that's why he messaged you on Smogon a few minutes afterwards). With that said, even if you can't make Friday, you should have replied saying that he missed the time and maybe trying to either explain why you left or try to figure out a potential extension if you didn't have time to do it that day or the next. From the VM interaction, it seemed like you waited however many minutes, saw that he got on at that time, decided to leave and ignore the other messages/dodge in order to get an activity win. He was there within the 15 minutes according to him and wasn't according to you, so how do you expect me to make a decision based on anything else given that neither sent me any proof? You also decided to completely ignore any future points of contact for some reason instead of trying to work through it or at least explain to him.

Please feel free to private message me on Discord or forums if you have any more doubts you'd like to clear up.

Last edited:

keys

It's Prime Time
Situation: In their Round 7 seasonal match (Game 2), GunGunJ dc'd on turn 13 of his game vs Jase Duken. Upon review, this game can only be ruled as a legitimate dc, considering the game was still quite open (winnable by both sides) and GunGunJ disconnected, with his timer dropping from 285 all the way down to 0 (he explained it as a power outage).

Decision: Considering how sending teams isn't a thing, both players will be allowed to rematch the second game of the series with different teams, as per the rules.

Last edited:

The Gunner

formerly Enzo Gorlami
is a Tiering Contributor
remember kids
when you really want something, and you truly believe....
☆GunnerªRohan: Pohjis
☆GunnerªRohan: i need your strength
☆GunnerªRohan: !!

Pohjis' divine intervention will invariably be there.

ggs hamhamhamham, thanks once again for the intense series and for adjusting to my bs. gl in future rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)