Art by MamOwOswine
Welcome to the very first seasonal tournament of the 2021 Ubers Tournament Circuit, the sixth edition of the Ubers Winter Seasonal! This seasonal, like other tournaments that compose this year's circuit, will award points towards a general Ubers leaderboard which will ultimately award the 2021 Ubers Ribbon (if you have any doubts over the ribbon system, check out this thread)!
Standard Rules and Clauses
- This is a standard SS Ubers tournament
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!, preferably on the smogtours server (smogtours being the default in case of disagreements).
- This tournament will be Double Elimination.
- All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
- To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.) There may be some exceptions to this rule.
- Every round, I may choose several games as the Highlight Matches.
- Any eventual tier changes will only take effect in the following round.
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
- Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
- OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
- Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
- Sleep Clause
- SleepTrap Clause: A Pokemon cannot use a move that can inflict sleep status on the opponent if it has the ability Shadow Tag.You are expected to know and follow all general tournament rules. Also check out this thread.Identity
About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.
About playing on different servers: The matches must be played on either the Smogtours server or the Main PS! server if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the host(s) and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing on Smogtours.
On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.
On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.
Timer Clause / Disconnections
Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
Use VMs to schedule with your opponent to make it easier for me to track activity calls when needed, and use this guide to ensure you don't lose via activity or coinflip. If you use other methods to contact your opponent outside of VMs, then post in this thread confirming you're in contact with your opponent; otherwise, it's not necessary. Extensions for those with time conflicts will only be given when proof is provided of scheduling with their opponent in the beginning of the round, so do not schedule last minute expecting to be compensated in case of timezone conflicts or be given an activity win over your opponent.
I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.
VMs are the only thing that matter for activity. Use this guide to ensure you don't lose via activity or coinflip.
Post "in" to signup!
Expect signups to close on the 17th of January, at 23:59 GMT -5 (it could close earlier depending on th