Le vilain petit Wooloo
Welcome to the first edition of Ubers Winter Tour, an all-Ubers team tournament where managers draft from the pool of players to compete in a five-week round-robin battle for Ubers supremacy. Additionally, each week, managers can decide to boost one slot, making the slot effective for 2 wins (and if both teams boost the same slot, it's worth 3 wins). The two teams with the most wins will then advance to the finals.
art by Fusion Flare
art by Fusion Flare
Hello everyone, this year your hosts are MrAldo and myself.
Some important general rules:
1. Managers are allowed one (1) Assistant Manager.
2. Managers and Assistant Managers may self-purchase prior to auction for 20,000 credits each.
3. There will be ten (10) starters and three (3) substitutes: the minimum number of players on a team is thirteen (13).
4. The maximum number of players on a team is twenty-six (26).
5. Just as with SPL there will be a severe penalty for any team that picks up a known alt of a banned player, or any player masquerading as another person. It is important to establish that both parties will be penalized immediately and appropriately if they are found doing so.
6. You will not be allowed to play in a tier you did not sign up for the first three weeks.
The tiers that will be featured this year are:
- Best Of Three SS
To be considered at auction, you will need to post with the following format:
You must signup with exactly this format as we will be using an automated tool to convert signups into a spreadsheet. We ask for your name for organization reasons and for the auction. The metagames played are those that you have experience in and are capable of playing in a tournament setting. Do not post a metagame that is not one of the featured tiers. Timezone is your local time relative to GMT which helps tell managers how it will be like to coordinate. Inactivity is simply if you have any extensive period of time where you will be unavailable, (for example, gone on vacation for a week) this is incredibly important for the managers to know so that they can do their best to make sure the team doesn't suffer from inactivity.
An example sign-up:
Metagames Played: SS, USM, ORAS, DPP, ADV
Timezone: GMT +1
Inactivity: away from computer on weekdays approx 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
After signing up, the next step is to go advertise yourself to teams to increase the chance of getting bought in the auction. The best way to do this is to go onto their individual Discord servers and follow whatever process they have for tryouts.