Metagame Ultimate Z

Did 3 more games, GGs they were fun :P

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7ultimatez-41361
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7ultimatez-41362
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7ultimatez-41368

Couple things about your example sets, Taunt on Gengar is completely useless, as Z-status moves go through, you could slap like Hyper Beam on it, for a stronger Fighting Move, which outdamages your STAB. Bug Buzz or Hyper Beam over Fire Blast would be more valueable on Volcarona, for Bug Buzz, you get a Bug Stab as well as a Fire Stab now, and if you opt for Hyper Beam, you get a 200 BP Fire Stab, compared to a 185 BP Fire Stab you're getting from Fire Blast.

As of now, I'm really enjoying this meta! The part I like the most, is the infinite Z-Moves part. This gives a nice touch to it and can create innovative sets.

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Are there any Pokemon that get the combination of Power Trip/Stored Power, an all-stats-up Z-move, and recovery/anti-status?
Victini doesn't get an Anti-Status but it does get Celebrate + Psych Up (unfortunate) + Stored Power.

/ds says Victini doesn't learn Celebrate but it's in teambuilder. Validation fails. Idk what that's about.

Gengar @ Ghostium Z / Fightinium Z
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe or 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spite / Psych Up
- Curse
- Mean Look
- Focus Blast / Sludge Wave / Shadow Ball

tyler told me stall was op so I decided to build a stallbreaker. Trap, Curse, recover with Spite, hit with Sludge Wave, which can be made ghosty. Unfortunately Z moves go through taunt, so you have to stall them through their 100% recovery PP.

EDIT: Having thought about it Offensive moves of Focus Blast with Ghostinium is probably better, or Shadow Ball with Fightnininiuium if you hate Focus Miss.

Cofagrigus can run this with much better bulk but much much less offensive presence, Dusknoir runs it with Pressure but worse physical bulk than Cof, Spiritomb runs it with Pressure and Dark/Ghost typing but worse bulk than Dusknoir. I personally recommend Gengar as it has speed and offensive capabilities, making it not deadweight against things that aren't stall. But Durza seems to hate Gengar fsr so I edited this in.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
If they open this to Uber's Arceus will be a God in this metagame.

Update: so a Z-crystal of a different type undoes the Normalize boost by typing, although in the move chart after you click Z, it shows the move gets a 20% boost, but when I tested Normalize Giga Attack with a Darkinium Z on Delcatty, the move says Blackhole Eclipse, type= Normal, mentions the Normalize boost, but it ends up being a Dark type move, as shown below where it is neutral, not resisted on Nihilego.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7ultimatez-41446
Me First shows as a Flying move (Supersonic Strike), no matter what move the foe uses, proving that the Flyinium-Z will turn any move into a STAB move with +50% boost from Me First. However, because the move is originally normal, it does not get priority. Considering Me First boosts Speed +2, it will likely be used on a slower foe, and then outspeed the next foe regardless (except priority).

One thing to keep in mind is the raw power that Me First provides, for both SpA and Attack. On Adamant Raticate, for example, when factoring in Hustle, it has an effective Attack of 430, adding on a 50% boost for Me First is like giving it Choice Band or 645 Attack, which is higher than Kyurem-Black, (considering Kyurem's Attack is 482 and it will be using a Z-item, not a Choice Band). Further, Me First will boost mixed sweepers so they can hit off of whatever offense they choose, and with a STAB-type Z-item, always change the move to get STAB.

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mirror Move
- Giga Impact
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Mirror Move can also be used for a similar effect, and can copy non-Attack moves, while guaranteeing +2 Attack. For example, Tapu Koko can use Mirror Move-Z to get +2 Attack, turn its foe's offense into an Electric move (say Giga Impact), and then get a boost off of Electric Terrain. The +2 Attack is what makes the move worth using instead of just Giga Impact from your own moveset.

Similar to Hustle, Electric Terrain/Surge boosts Electric moves for the free +50% boost, and the +2 Swords Dance before the attack more than makes up for the Me First 50% power boost.

Swellow @ Normalium Z
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Mirror Move
- Giga Impact
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

This fast Pokemon can mono-attack with Scrappy, or use Brave Bird for Grass/Fighting/Bug types. U-turn is for pivoting, and Mirror Move - Z is for +2 Attack, then an attack - in 1 turn!

Last edited:

tysequaine

80% sexy, 20% disgusting
Jirachi @ whatever Z crystal you like
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Happy Hour
- Doom Desire

Throw down some boosts, then start resttalking and critting through everyone else's boosts with whatever 200BP coverage you desire, or drop a doom desire as well to pressure your foe with critting steel and x coverage. I'd personally probs go for Fairy or Ice, maybe Dark as my Z, any type with no immunities really, since you'll be critting through everyone's defenses after a couple of Z-talks anyway.

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Jirachi @ whatever Z crystal you like
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Happy Hour
- Doom Desire

Throw down some boosts, then start resttalking and critting through everyone else's boosts with whatever 200BP coverage you desire, or drop a doom desire as well to pressure your foe with critting steel and x coverage. I'd personally probs go for Fairy or Ice, maybe Dark as my Z, any type with no immunities really, since you'll be critting through everyone's defenses after a couple of Z-talks anyway.
Actually, Rest is heavily outclassed by Z-Refresh.
And if you just want crits, Z-Sleep Talk will raise your crit level even if it fails.

The Immortal – cool metagame! But I think I'm missing something as to why you would run Z-Splash? Life Orb Swords Dance is more powerful:

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 298-351 (73.7 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+3 252 Atk Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 286-337 (70.7 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I guess not having recoil is nice, but it's not a huge enough difference to make it worthwhile imo. Instead, here's a set I'd find more worthwhile!

Mimikyu @ Firium Z
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

With a Firium Z, Mimikyu can blast through its normal counters [Celesteela, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Scizor-Mega, and so on], while still retaining all the properties that make it such a unique Pokemon. Or you could run Groundium Z or Icium Z, which hit Toxapex and Landorus-T, respectively. Going to have to build a team for this one! :D

The Immortal – cool metagame! But I think I'm missing something as to why you would run Z-Splash? Life Orb Swords Dance is more powerful:

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 298-351 (73.7 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+3 252 Atk Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 286-337 (70.7 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I guess not having recoil is nice, but it's not a huge enough difference to make it worthwhile imo. Instead, here's a set I'd find more worthwhile!

Mimikyu @ Firium Z
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

With a Firium Z, Mimikyu can blast through its normal counters [Celesteela, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Scizor-Mega, and so on], while still retaining all the properties that make it such a unique Pokemon. Or you could run Groundium Z or Icium Z, which hit Toxapex and Landorus-T, respectively. Going to have to build a team for this one! :D
Running Life Orb means you can't run a Z-Crystal so it actually lowers the power a fair bit :P

Running Life Orb means you can't run a Z-Crystal so it actually lowers the power a fair bit :P
Oh, I see the appeal now because you can use it repeatedly, so Shadow Claw isn't necessary. I still think the other set has appeal as a lure though! ^^

All I've been seeing is unoptimalized sets :( wishes his mimikyu set can be improved using Splash over Swords Dance for a +3 raise instead of a +2 raise, and Firium Z should be replaced by Ghostium Z. Mimikyu is strong enough to bust through the toughest of its Steel Type counters:
+3 252 Atk Mimikyu Never-Ending Nightmare (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 342-403 (102.7 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO
This gives it a strong STAB instead of a weaker and less spammable move.

What OM! posted can also be improved upon. I don't think 4 attacks pokemon are too good in the meta. They can easily get whittled down, and their damage output lacks (Especially Swellow's) not to mention their only form of recovery would be Z-Parting Shot, which in my opinion is still quite unreliable.

I'm not trying to look down on or insult users this way, but I think a little bit more research into your set wouldn't hurt, these ones might become standard and I personally dislike it when people don't optimize sets to their full potential and just drop it off.

Following the line of logic above, one of the biggest boons in this meta is a wide variety of full-heal moves with bonus effects to boot. Unless the mon is super squishy, I don't see a reason not to throw on one of these moves to keep them healthy no matter how much damage they've sustained. Because these Z-moves are rarely used in standard play, I'm assuming most people aren't even familiar which moves have HP restoration Z-effects attached (I wasn't), so I've compiled the bellow list as rough overview of the moves and their possible use in the meta.
  • Mist: Prevents stat drops which is okay but not especially relevant, available on many Ice and Water types
  • Teleport: No competitive use, limited distribution on a handful of Psychics
  • Haze: Wide distribution across many types, checks setup sweepers while healing which is very useful defensively
  • Transform: Amusing tech for Mew but there are better alternatives despite the defensive potential
  • Curse (Ghost): Not a pure healing move because it then cuts your HP, but has stalling potential on fat Ghosts
  • Conversion 2: Practical zero distribution with an inconsistent effect, but might be the best option for Porygon 2
  • Spite: Pretty random distribution on a variety of mediocre Pokemon, and the PP reduction is less relevant in this OM
  • Belly Drum: Not a pure healing move because it then cuts your HP, but allows you to restore all HP on repeated uses
  • Heal Bell: Also removes status from the whole team, giving it a very useful side effect, with solid distribution via ORAS tutors
  • Psych Up: Massive distribution via TM, checks setup sweepers in a more offensive way than Haze
  • Stockpile: Also boosts both defenses, making it a solid stalling option--wide distribution on mostly bad Pokemon (though maybe Guzzlord will finally be usable)
  • Refresh: More localized than Heal Bell but similar counter to status, okay distribution with some users that would appreciate it like Blastoise and Swampert
  • Aromatherapy: Identical to Heal Bell but different distribution primarily on Grass and Fairy types
Memento and Parting Shot, additionally, effect the incoming teammate, allowing healing to be passed around at the cost more situational use.

Idk if these are viable or not but seems like it's worth a shot.

Krookodile @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Me First
- Power Trip
- Earthquake
- Spite

The point of this set is to use Z-me first, snag a surprise KO, and snowball like crazy. Just spam Me First to gain +2 speed, powering up power trip like crazy, nabbing occasional moxie boosts along the way. But, if you're not able to snowball to this level, you always have a 180 BP black hole eclipse from your Earthquake. Spite is for recovery. Probably unviable, but fun to play nonetheless.

Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Refresh
- Outrage/Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Pretty much Mega Salamence without the bulk. Z-Dragon Dance can be used like a white herb to get to +1 regardless of intimidate. Earthquake is run to smash through rock and steel types attempting to wall Salamence. Outrage is a powerful Dragon-Type STAB to destroy Zygarde and Kyurem-Black, while also doubling as a 190-BP Flying-Type STAB. Dragon Claw is if you don't want to get locked into Outrage, but weakens both of Salamence's STABs. Z-Refresh compresses recovery and eliminating status.

Magnezone @ Firium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

The ultimate steel trapper. Pretty much your standard Magnet Pull Magnezone, but with HP Ground instead of Fire. Firium Z gives a 175 BP fire Type move to roast mons like Skarmory, Celesteela, Ferrothorn, and Scizor. The reason I chose HP Ground over Hyper Beam was for Heatran, who I have a sneaking suspicion will be appear sooner or later.

Last edited:
Idk if these are viable or not but seems like it's worth a shot.

Krookodile @ Darkinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Me First
- Power Trip
- Earthquake
- Spite

The point of this set is to use Z-me first, snag a surprise KO, and snowball like crazy. Just spam Me First to gain +2 speed, powering up power trip like crazy, nabbing occasional moxie boosts along the way. But, if you're not able to snowball to this level, you always have a 180 BP black hole eclipse from your Earthquake. Spite is for recovery. Probably unviable, but fun to play nonetheless.

Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Refresh
- Outrage/Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Pretty much Mega Salamence without the bulk and intimidate. Z-Dragon Dance can be used like a white herb to get to +1 regardless of intimidate. Earthquake is run to smash through rock and steel types attempting to wall Salamence. Outrage is a powerful Dragon-Type STAB to destroy Zygarde and Kyurem-Black, while also doubling as a 190-BP Flying-Type STAB. Dragon Claw is if you don't want to get locked into Outrage, but weakens both of Salamence's STABs. Z-Refresh compresses recovery and eliminating status.
Me First does not copy the opponent if the opponent used a z-move.

Me First does not copy the opponent if the opponent used a z-move.
Ah well doesn't work as well as I thought. I still think it could be effective against stall as you still snag boosts from Me First and spamming z-refresh is pointless just bait against boosting Power Trip to crazy levels.

Porygon-Z @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Conversion
- Recover
- Substitute / Ice Beam / Anything else

This meta already looks fun as hell. Porygon-Z gets free Conversion off any Z-Crystal you give it, allowing you to be free to create Ghost+Fighting coverage or Electric+Ice coverage. I've personally chosen Ghost to showcase here, as it proves the point well enough. Alongside Adaptability Shadow Ball, a spare 160 BP Fighting nuke is extremely appreciated, creating free perfect coverage with just one moveslot. This allows you to fill the remaining slots with whatever you want. Z-Conversion passes Porygon +1 to every stat and can be used repeatedly, although just once is usually all you'll really need. Recover doesn't really have a use for being Z-move'd, but its a healing option and can reset debuffs from moves like opposing Shadow Balls or Seed Flares (if you ever find a Shaymin, anyways). The last slot is basically anything you choose, Substitute gives you a quick barrier of protection, Ice Beam provides a secondary option (and a slight Fightinium power increase) for dealing damage.

Also, I feel like Punishment could be a fairly gimmicky option on the Pokemon that receive it. With all the nice setup floating around, the ability to punish things such as Conversion Porygon-Z, Celebrate Victini/Gyarados, and others is appreciated.

Porygon-Z @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Conversion
- Recover
- Substitute / Ice Beam / Anything else

This meta already looks fun as hell. Porygon-Z gets free Conversion off any Z-Crystal you give it, allowing you to be free to create Ghost+Fighting coverage or Electric+Ice coverage. I've personally chosen Ghost to showcase here, as it proves the point well enough. Alongside Adaptability Shadow Ball, a spare 160 BP Fighting nuke is extremely appreciated, creating free perfect coverage with just one moveslot. This allows you to fill the remaining slots with whatever you want. Z-Conversion passes Porygon +1 to every stat and can be used repeatedly, although just once is usually all you'll really need. Recover doesn't really have a use for being Z-move'd, but its a healing option and can reset debuffs from moves like opposing Shadow Balls or Seed Flares (if you ever find a Shaymin, anyways). The last slot is basically anything you choose, Substitute gives you a quick barrier of protection, Ice Beam provides a secondary option (and a slight Fightinium power increase) for dealing damage.

Also, I feel like Punishment could be a fairly gimmicky option on the Pokemon that receive it. With all the nice setup floating around, the ability to punish things such as Conversion Porygon-Z, Celebrate Victini/Gyarados, and others is appreciated.
Z-Psych Up is better than recover.

Not against an opponent who isn't boosted themselves, since it causes you to lose any existing Z-Conversion boosts you have. It can, however, use Z-Conversion-2 to get the full heal with a whopping 48 PP, without losing stat boosts, and the type change can be a mixed blessing...but if you don't want it at the moment, you can just use Z-Conversion again next turn.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
The main problem with using your z move for coverage is that you then lack a STAB nuke to spam. Your z move will usually be your most powerful attack, stab or not. You want it to be as powerful as possible so you can nuke things out of existence. I think its better to choose mons with a good, powerful coverage move and use that as the base for your STAB z move.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
To be fair I did do some research, finding the highest Attack (factoring in Hustle Raticate) for Me First, as well as the speed of Pokémon that can use Mirror Move (Swellow) in a similar vein.

Keep in mind Swellow is meant to come in as mid-game sweeper and Mirror Move a physical Attack at +2. Saying Swellow has low Attack is only true without considering Mirror Move, which is the crux of the set...

I also know that both Swellow and Raticate are frail Pokémon, so although they learn a few relevant status moves, they won't likely last long enough to abuse it, especially considering all Z-Moves' base power where Hyper Beam and Giga Attack are widely distributed, (and the Z-crystal changing the type to gain STAB or coverage), makes 200 Base power before STAB quite common.

I did consider some bulkier Pokémon with greater Attack, lol even Intimidate for Mirror Move Starapter, but I also had to reconsider the lack of Speed, especially since Z-moves mean no Choice Scarf. I thought Me First which doubles Speed would help slower mons, and it seems to have helped inspire the Krokodile set.

Also Z-Me First does work as long as it isn't a signature move; it's only regular Me First that fails on a Z-move... proof in the YouTube video........

So RoaringBlaze, love your Krokodile set and don't worry, both it and Hustle Raticate are something people can actually use...

Doesn't that video prove the exact opposite? Only thing that works is z-me first copying a normal move will call the z move.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Doesn't that video prove the exact opposite? Only thing that works is z-me first copying a normal move will call the z move.
totally agree, for some reason I thought Darkest Lariat, a signature move on Incinaroar was a Z-Move, bc of the animation.

Also it's hard to test on the server bc most of the time it's against the battle bot...
If only it did work! I haven't tested Copycat, but I read Mirror Move fails on Z-moves (not sure if it includes if Mirror Move is a Z move), but I assume they fail even if with a Z crystal- Bulbapedia.

One thing that might be cool is Assist on Darkinium-Z Liepard. It gets STAB Z-move versions of Explosion, V-Create, etc. with priority through Prankster, Sleep Talk can work in a similar vein. At the very least, Assist Z-Parting Shot with priority, or Copycatting your attacks after boosting.

Last edited:

tysequaine

80% sexy, 20% disgusting
Actually, Rest is heavily outclassed by Z-Refresh.
And if you just want crits, Z-Sleep Talk will raise your crit level even if it fails.
It doesn't really outclass it that badly on a resttalk set, and Z-Sleep Talk calls the Z-move of whatever it calls as well, similar to nature power, so after rest you have a 66% chance of either boosting or nuking with coverage, as well as always getting the +2 crit. Unless the mechanic has changed and only the original z-move is called now.

It doesn't really outclass it that badly on a resttalk set, and Z-Sleep Talk calls the Z-move of whatever it calls as well, similar to nature power, so after rest you have a 66% chance of either boosting or nuking with coverage, as well as always getting the +2 crit. Unless the mechanic has changed and only the original z-move is called now.
Z-Refresh does outclass because you don't have the randomness factor

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
totally agree, for some reason I thought Darkest Lariat, a signature move on Incinaroar was a Z-Move, bc of the animation.

Also it's hard to test on the server bc most of the time it's against the battle bot...
If only it did work! I haven't tested Copycat, but I read Mirror Move fails on Z-moves (not sure if it includes if Mirror Move is a Z move), but I assume they fail even if with a Z crystal- Bulbapedia.

One thing that might be cool is Assist on Darkinium-Z Liepard. It gets STAB Z-move versions of Explosion, V-Create, etc. with priority through Prankster, Sleep Talk can work in a similar vein. At the very least, Assist Z-Parting Shot with priority, or Copycatting your attacks after boosting.
Having used Z Mirror Move I can confirm that it fails when trying to mirror a Z move (something my several opponents can confirm took me awhile to get used to), but when mirroring a regular move makes it Z.

canno

formerly The Reptile
I don't seem to be able to connect to Dragon Heaven, which makes me sad because this is a really cool meta. nvm

Anyways, this is a really cool metagame! The Pokemon with access to the +1 to all stat Z-moves seem like they'd be pretty good. There's the obvious Jirachi and Gyarados, but there are some other odd balls like Snorlax and Venusaur that could potentially be very powerful.

Snorlax @ Normalium Z
Ability: Thick Fat / Immunity
Adamant Nature
- Happy Hour
- Stockpile
- Crunch / Fire Blast
- Earthquake / Fire Blast

Pretty simple I think, just Happy Hour to +1 on everything and go ham. Granted, here its more used as a super bulk-up as the speed isn't really all that relevant, but its still a pretty cool set. After a few Happy Hours you'll be nigh impossible to break, allowing you to restore your health with Z-Refresh or even Z-Stockpile if you want to be more obnoxious. Normalium is chosen to hit as hard as possible with STAB while using some combination of Crunch, Fire Punch, and Earthquake as coverage. Other options include using Fire Blast over Fire Punch, using Double-Edge or Body Slam with Ghostium-Z, and Ice Punch/Beam somewhere in there.

Venusaur @ Groundium Z / Firium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

A more offensive beast, Venusaur has access to Z-Sleep Powder alongside its set-up, giving it +1 speed while putting the opponent to sleep. I think that, due to Venusaur's general lack of coverage, Groundium or Firium Z is the best option alongside 2 STAB moves, although you can probably run something with Grassium or Poisonium Z for nuke STAB moves. Sadly no access to any recovery Z-Moves but I think Sleep Powder makes Venusaur worth using as a +1 to all sweeper.

EDIT: Fixed some legality issues

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I don't seem to be able to connect to Dragon Heaven, which makes me sad because this is a really cool meta. nvm

Anyways, this is a really cool metagame! The Pokemon with access to the +1 to all stat Z-moves seem like they'd be pretty good. There's the obvious Jirachi and Gyarados, but there are some other odd balls like Snorlax and Venusaur that could potentially be very powerful.

Snorlax @ Normalium Z
Ability: Thick Fat / Immunity
Adamant Nature
- Happy Hour
- Stockpile
- Crunch / Fire Blast
- Earthquake / Fire Blast

Pretty simple I think, just Happy Hour to +1 on everything and go ham. Granted, here its more used as a super bulk-up as the speed isn't really all that relevant, but its still a pretty cool set. After a few Happy Hours you'll be nigh impossible to break, allowing you to restore your health with Z-Refresh or even Z-Stockpile if you want to be more obnoxious. Normalium is chosen to hit as hard as possible with STAB while using some combination of Crunch, Fire Punch, and Earthquake as coverage. Other options include using Fire Blast over Fire Punch, using Double-Edge or Body Slam with Ghostium-Z, and Ice Punch/Beam somewhere in there.

Venusaur @ Groundium Z / Firium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

A more offensive beast, Venusaur has access to Z-Sleep Powder alongside its set-up, giving it +1 speed while putting the opponent to sleep. I think that, due to Venusaur's general lack of coverage, Groundium or Firium Z is the best option alongside 2 STAB moves, although you can probably run something with Grassium or Poisonium Z for nuke STAB moves. Sadly no access to any recovery Z-Moves but I think Sleep Powder makes Venusaur worth using as a +1 to all sweeper.

EDIT: Fixed some legality issues
For Snorlax, would SelfDestruct be a better power move for the Z-Crystal? Maybe Normalium- Z with Self Destruct and Earthquake (Gengar lost Levitate so it works).

Another option for Venusaur might be Sunny Day, it gives +1 Speed (for when Sun Runs out), doubles its speed due to cholorphyll (against other Speed boosting foes), and it boosts your fire moves on firium-Z so it's like a third STAB. Maybe Power Whip for stronger base power for Grass instead of Giga Drain and to improve Firium-Z, Earthquake for coverage, and Sun could help teammates as well.

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Happy Hour
- Spite

Z-Happy Hour is a upgraded DD that boosts Defenses, and Z-Spite lets you heal off chip damage. After STAB, Supersonic Sky-Strike hits 270 BP, meaning a resisted Sky-Strike is stronger than a neutral EQ or Waterfall.

For Snorlax, would SelfDestruct be a better power move for the Z-Crystal? Maybe Normalium- Z with Self Destruct and Earthquake (Gengar lost Levitate so it works).
Snorlax's best option would be Giga Impact + Snorlaxium-Z. Normalim-Z SelfDestruct is still 200 BP, where as Pulverizing Pancake is 210 BP.
Another option for Venusaur might be Sunny Day, it gives +1 Speed (for when Sun Runs out), doubles its speed due to cholorphyll (against other Speed boosting foes), and it boosts your fire moves on firium-Z so it's like a third STAB. Maybe Power Whip for stronger base power for Grass instead of Giga Drain and to improve Firium-Z, Earthquake for coverage, and Sun could help teammates as well.
I think Special/Mixed Veno has more potential. In the sun, Z-Growth gives +3 Sp Attack. I'd run something like Firium-Z with Earthquake, Solar Beam, Growth, Sludge Bomb / Sunny Day.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)