Ultra Battle Spot Singles Analysis Suggestions and Discussion

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ultra Battle Spot Singles Suggestions & Discussions Thread

Not every change requires a full analysis revamp. Some of it is as easy as alerting people to it, and then we can add it onsite!

This thread is for discussing such things, such as adding certain moves to movesets, new EV spreads, items, etc, and also suggesting that we add a certain Pokemon to the reservations thread, or suggesting a new moveset.

Previously Discussed topics

None yet!​

Oh hi can anyone post here? I imagine, I was thinking to use Mega Beedrill and just started wondering if the very obvios Evs could be tweaked a tiny bit. I don't think preparing for mirrors is a big deal, compared to a 6.3% chance to be OHKOd by non-STAB Foul Plays w/o 4/4/4 bulk evs. I mean tiny differences but that's cause I'd still wanna outspeed max scarf landog. Potentially less Spe could be used.

Hope that helps some. Otherwise I think it's 100% complete and the request on the analysis page for more review could be removed, other options are not really worth discussing-Beedrilll has some cool moves but not useful for its role.

I noticed something pretty misleading in the Alola-Muk analysis.

"Gunk Shot is a stronger Poison-type STAB move, but its poor accuracy and lower chance of poisoning foes leave this option inferior to Poison Jab."
-other options

I'm not seeing it. Gunk shot trades 20 acc for 40 BP! Ok still 'risky.' But normally w/ the higher BP move you trade much more poorly in acc for the power. Compare the change between flamethrower to fire blast-15 BP for the SAME in acc(eww. Well, comparatively. Fire Blast is ofc useful..) Gunk Shot in general is the better move, w/ the only possible exceptions being when you prefer the higher PP, say a Curse set.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)