Project Ultra SM Break This Team - WK 48 SKEs tail glow manaphy Rain (Voting)

Protean Greninja
879B47AB-2231-4E4F-BC28-63857905D52D.png

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Dark Pulse
Protean Greninja basically gets a kill every time it comes, because it is faster than every Pokémon on this team other than Scarf Greninja and Excadrill in sand. It’s coverage allows it to even break past AV Amoonguss.

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 160+ SpD Assault Vest Amoonguss: 198-237 (45.8 - 54.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Submitting KokoLucha.

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Wild Charge
- Hidden Power Ice
- Taunt
- U-turn

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute

The strategy has many turns and ways it can get to work, but the main objective is to use the set of Lando to your advantage with Substitute on Lucha to sweep, as there's virtually nothing on the team that can stop this set after a SD (especially if it's a free one).

Koko's set is to avoid using Volt Switch to pivot, as Exca/Lando could come in and cut it short, and also allows it to beat Ttar 1v1, nuking it with its Z to get rid of the green monster. Wild Charge is necessary to work in tandem with its Z Crystal to make a powerful nuke, not only against Ttar on this team, but also against some of Koko's most common answers (Mag is the only thing that comes to mind right now). HP Ice is to chip Lando, easing Lucha's job once it comes in to sweep. Taunt helps to prevent rocks against Lando or SD on a predicted Exca switch in and finally, U-Turn is to grab momentum and serves perfectly to get Lucha in. The spread is pretty much straightforward: max Atk and Spe with 4 EVs on SpAtk to boost HP Ice damage, while its nature avoids lowering its SpAtk.

Lucha is your average Electric Seed Sweeper set, but with extra attack, to ease breaking through Lando and other bulky things that stop it even at +2, and speed, in order to outspeed other Exca under sand and also opposing Luchas. Of course, this comes with the price of losing some bulk, which makes it more susceptible to priority. Acrobatics and High Jump Kick as its dual STAB moves, which will be your only sweeping tools to work with. Swords Dance is mandatory to actually pull the fearsome sweeper role that people know it for. Substitute is a nice move to have (especially against stall) and it works perfectly to put the strategy of the core against this team to work. 252 atk with an Adamant nature allows for a higher damage overall, 152 Spe is to outspeed Exca and other Luchas and finally, 104 HP to make it as bulky as possible.

In conclusion, I think the doom of the team is to trust in Toxic on Lando to be the only way to stop KokoLucha from breaking through. Also, even if HP Ice does break the Sub and that a +2 (+1 if Intimidated) doesn't OHKO Lando, it has done enough to make the opp think hard about their next move (if they Toxic, you might Sub+SD again, and if they HP Ice, you might Acro through).

I hope you like it and I'm really sorry if it looks like a mess, but being the first time I post in here plus not having a nice English can be quite the horrible combo...

Reserving Mega Gyarodos

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

The name of the game for countering this team is pretty simple. Basically any water type that can bypass Amoonguss and isn't heavily damaged by Exca autowins versus this team, and Gyarados isn't no exception. with the ability set up on nearly every member on this team bar Tyranitar. At plus one attack, it does hefty damage to every mon on this team, and Amoonguss is also fodderized by regular Gyarados. But the real shining reason to use Gyarados is the fact that it doesn't have too mega evolve immediately, and can even use its flying type to set up on Excadrill. Afterwards, it can just mega on Greninja to avoid to much Rock Slide damage, or it can just stay as a Gyarados if it somehow gets to plus two. Either way, Gyarados breaks this team quite effectively.
+1 252 Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 354-416 (98 - 115.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 200-236 (52.3 - 61.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Gyarados Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Amoonguss: 200-236 (46.4 - 54.7%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
+1 252 Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Excadrill: 572-674 (158.4 - 186.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Gyarados Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 221-260 (77.5 - 91.2%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

*nearly all of those calcs are much better if your Mega Gyarados.

Last edited:
reserving Pelipper + Swampert-Mega cuz I'm not creative

+

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost
- Hurricane

Sand is countered by other weathers but what is really good to counter Sand by a weather that sand can't touch : Rain. Pelipper pivots out and counters Hippo, Swampert w/ Superpower (which is in the option on the smogon set) 6-0's the team. Hurricane Pelipper eases the matchup vs da boi Amoonguss.

Last edited:
Submiting Mega Medicham + Landorus-T

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

It's a nice Sand team but the first thing that I note when seeing a team preview is that it auto-lose vs a Mega Medicham team.

How to win:
1- Medicham enters and grabs a kill.
2- Switch out when Greninja apears so you don't take unnecessary U-Turn damage
3- Repeat and win.

High Jump Kick OHKO Tyranitar, Heatran, Excadrill and Greninja. Ice Punch destroy Def Lando and KO it after a HJK and Zen Headbutt obliterate Amoonguss. Fake Out stall Sand in a bad situation and heavy damages Scarf Greninja. Def Lando-T is only a support for SR setter and also a way to pressure Excadrill when Sand Rush is active. Lando-T EVs alow it to survive a HP Ice from the oposing Lando and a +1 Iron Head from Excadrill after Leftovers and with no SR on the field.

252 Atk Protean Greninja U-turn vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Medicham-Mega: 106-126 (40.6 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Medicham-Mega: 139-165 (53.2 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Greninja: 272-321 (92.8 - 109.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (Protean to Bug type)

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Greninja: 113-133 (39.6 - 46.6%) -- 32.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

-1 252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 284-336 (74.3 - 87.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

-1 252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 92-108 (24 - 28.2%) -- 34.8% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

0- SpA Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 28 SpD Landorus-Therian: 188-224 (49.3 - 58.7%) -- 70.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 Atk Excadrill Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Landorus-Therian: 160-190 (41.9 - 49.8%) -- 32% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Reserving Z Hex Gengar

Gengar @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

The team has no switchins to this outside of AV Amoon, which beats you 1v1 sadly but they have to switch out once or twice for regen, plus if you can pressure it / lure it with something like Protean Gren / Tapunium or Flyinium Koko then it goes to town on the team.

0 Atk burned Amoonguss Stomping Tantrum vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 72-85 (27.4 - 32.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO (there's always cursed body, which is likely to come into play, somewhat forcing them to switch out so you get a free hit off on something coming in / they click a less damaging move)
252 SpA Gengar Hex (130 BP) vs. 248 HP / 160+ SpD Assault Vest Amoonguss: 130-154 (30.1 - 35.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after burn damage
252 SpA Gengar Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 160+ SpD Assault Vest Amoonguss: 160-189 (37.1 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after burn damage (lol)

Last edited:
Defensive Flyinium SD Landorus + Ash Greninja

+

Code:
Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs  
Ability: Battle Bond  
Timid Nature  
- Hydro Pump  
- Dark Pulse  
- Water Shuriken  
- Spikes  

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Fly
Upon first glance, you immediately notice that the team is incredibly ground and water weak, with there being only 1 resist for the stated, in the form of landorus and amoonguss respectively. Defensive Fly Z Lando is able to provide support to Greninja by being able to effectively lure in Amoonguss and possessing a slow U-turn. Landorus' role is not restricted to a support role - as previously mentioned, the team is incredibly weak to ground types, so it is able to deal massive damage to anything unfortunate enough to be on the opposing side of the field. Greninja is able to outspeed everything (barring scarf protean and driller in sand) and OHKO everything with Hydro Pump. An added benefit of Greninja is that it is able to freely set spikes up, especially since the team lacks consistent hazard removal*, further punishing the team.

*in my opinion driller isn't a good spinner

Last edited:
Reserving lele + MegaZam

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Tapu Lele @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

The last thing Excardill wants to see is a faster weather sweeper, and with Trace, that's exactly what Alakazam turns into, and once Excadrill is out of the way, pretty much every thing else gets outsped - or out-tanked in the case of that silly Gunk Shot-less gren - and annihilated by a +1 Lele.

4 SpA Greninja Hydro Pump vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Lele: 73-87 (25.9 - 30.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Protean Greninja Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 126-148 (44.8 - 52.6%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Greninja: 458-542 (120.3 - 142.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

You'll notice Psyshock is on zam and not lele. That's mainly because this team's initial switch in to Alakazam's coverage is the regenvest Amoonguss, which gets cleanly OHKO'd by said psyshock after literally any chip damage, either from rocks, zam's aforementioned coverage and even the opponent's own sand! Meanwhile psychic is a 2hko, which the opponent likely knows, and most people will expect lele to be psyshock, and zam to be psychic, not the other way around. This is entirely optional of course, as lele simply hits harder with it than zam, but I felt zam was a better wielder of it against this team specifically.

Last edited:
I'm back from Holiday and I apoligize for my absence my grandparents lacked any form reliable net so I'll update the winner from Last week right now. Lots of Nominations which I'm pleased with but there can only be 1 winner which goes to Kartana + magnezone by MultiAmmiratore . Congrats on entering the archive.

Vote Tally
Clefable - 2
Kartana + magnezone - 5
Kartana, tyraniter and magnezone - 0
Hoopa unbound - 2
Kyurem + magnezone - 1
Ferrothorn +heatran - 0
Buzzwule - 0
Zygarde - 0
Stallbreaker keldeo - 2
Stallbreaker tapu lele - 4
Mega medicham - 3
Reuniclus - 1
Block zygarde - 1
Mega gyrados + magnezone - 0

Anyway last chance to make nominations for breaking this team as Tommorow i'll Set up the new round of voting. So Goodluck

Last edited:
Thanks for voting everyone. Since there is a Tie Break I'll break by placing my vote with Flynium Landourous + Ash Gren. As good the dual psychics are I feel That Ash gren simply does's it better. 4 Pokemon without Weather simply cant outspeed Gren and are Water weak. As once of the most common pokemon in the tier that alone is a huge flaw. Amonguss the main answer is lured out by Lando which pretty much leaves the player needing to use there own Greninja. As we say we pick and choose our weakness's

The winner is curiosity Congrats on making the hall of fame (I really need to update this lol)

Vote Count
Protean Greninja
Tapu Koko + Hawlucha 1
Mega Gyarados 2
Mega Swampert + Peliper 1
Mega Medicham + Lando T
Z-hex Gengar 0
Flynium Defensive Landorous + Ash Greninja 3
Tapu Lele + Mega Alakazam 2

Since we haven't had a mega-dos team for awhile nor a dual screens I figured now would be a good time to solve both problems and yes I have borrowed this from the Sample teams thread. If you cant beat the sample teams I worry about the future of our young smogonites.

Sets
Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Zygarde @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 208 Atk / 8 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall

Explanation:
A modern Dual screens hyper offence team built around the all conquering hawlucha. The idea is to set up hazards with Landorous and Screens with koko (Not necessarily in that order) before picking your win condition. SD Explosion Lando Offers a chance to stallbreak fat mons while hawlucha sits as the teams main win-conditon. From there Coil Sub DD Zygarde Offers itself as a bulky sweeper which under screens is very hard to remove without a clefable or tangrowth. Dual Dance Faiyium Z Magearna Offers a 1 time nuke against said threats as well having the potential to domino. Rounding out the team is mega Gyarados who forms a nice dual intimidate core with lando while breaking down stall.

Basically Pick your sweeper

Thats the team goodluck this week.

A word of advice ensure you prevent either the screens/Hazards going up or you have a way to deal with them.

Swords Dance Mega Scizor.
C9C549E7-9592-4B8D-B69A-31E9601FF790.gif

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn
Like most HO teams, Scizor is a huge threat to this team. This team is pretty much an auto loss because Tapu Koko can only Taunt once because Bullet Punch 2HKOs, and Schiro can find setup oppurtunities through Mega Gyarados, Zygarde, and Magearna. It then kills them all after Rocks damage, since Scizor beats Gyarados one on one.

Last edited:

Mamoswine @ Life Orb / Metronome
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear / Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Superpower / Knock Off / Stealth Rock

Only one member of this team has any chance against Mamo's STABs even if screens go up, so once Gyarados is weakened or out of the way, the big pig is free to rampage. It also limits Lando and Koko to one move each, so they'd better make it count. Defensive Zapdos would be an ideal partner here, as it beats Dos and provides a switch-in to HJK if Lucha isn't quite within Ice Shard range.

Last edited:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
Unaware clef is already known for its good matchup against physical set up mons. In the sample team shown above, it checks mons such as zygarde and lucha when they set up. Although Gyarados' mold breaker and Magearna may seem to be a problem, coupled with Ferrothorn it can have a decent matchup against that team.

Edit:This is my first post and my English isn't that good,so sorry if I m wrong about something.

Surprised nobody when for Fake out ice punch mega Lopunny or trick room. Both have a reasonable match up against the team. Anyway it's time to vote

Nominations:
Mega Scizor
Mamoswine
Clefable
Quagsire

You vote for 1 nomination excluding your own. No bandwagons. Good luck this week. Anybody who has a team suggestion feel free to PM me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)