Project Ultra SM Break This Team - WK 48 SKEs tail glow manaphy Rain (Voting)

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
So here's the Magnezone set

The Set: Sub-Z
Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

Definitely more useful than AV against the field, although AV might do better against this team in particular

Lets take a look at our opponents mons, and some relevant calcs

Vs. Ferrothorn
252+ SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Ferrothorn: 192-228 (54.5 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery"]
0 Atk Ferrothorn Bulldoze vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 148-176 (52.6 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (OW! but still far from an OHKO, we win this)

Vs. Greninja
252+ SpA Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 40 HP / 4 SpD Greninja: 426-504 (144.4 - 170.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
216 SpA Protean Greninja Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 180-212 (64 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Vs. Zam. Focus blast will kill ya, but Zam won't like switching in and doesn't like getting whacked by substitute
252+ SpA Magnezone Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Alakazam-Mega: 301-355 (119.9 - 141.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Alakazam-Mega: 156-184 (62.1 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Alakazam-Mega: 138-163 (54.9 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Vs. Cele. Flamethrower hurts, but we still get Dubs
252+ SpA Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 232+ SpD Celesteela: 236-278 (59.4 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Celesteela Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 150-178 (53.3 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (OW!, but just like ferro, still an easy win to remove if you aren't too weak)

Vs. Pex Easiest win, I think, of the team. Free sub or kill
252+ SpA Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 108+ SpD Toxapex: 204-240 (67.3 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
0 SpA Toxapex Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 58-69 (20.6 - 24.5%) -- guaranteed 5HKO, no sub break

Vs Lando. You obviously lose to EQ, but sub allows great chip damage and you force a choice lock
252+ SpA Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 174-205 (54.5 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Pretty good, huh? Zone seems to get a kill every game minimum and key removals are important to win this battle. Easily see some games where it kills 2-3 mons.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Drain Punch

Get Hoopa-U in via U-Turn support or double predicting Toxapex, then simply click the move "Hyperspace Fury". Landorus-T gets 2HKO, Greninja is OHKO after sr, Celesteela cannot protect and Hoopa-U can eat 1 focus blast from M-Zam.

Edit: Hoopa-U can eat 2 focus blast from M-Zam most of the time since people are running timid zam currently.

Last edited:

Fire boiiii
Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

The regular set that nail toxapex

Volcanion is very niche but work very well against the team and punish the team really hard.
Volcanion can come and get a sub on the defensive backbone.
He is prone to getting worn down by hasard,buldoze breaking sub and knock of by toxapex.
But only 2 mons can break the sub of volcanion in this team (3 if you count buldoze from ferro)
So with a bit of carefull play and a bit of volt turn support you can heavily hurt the offensive and defensive backbone of the team and get a easy win

Last edited:
Time for nominations are over. Its time to vote. I apologise for delay. I had the draft ready to post saturday but forget to actually post it. Shame on the fool that is me. Anyway Nice to see alot of nominations to break apart the team so lets get voting underway

Nominations:
Volcarona
Victini
Zapdos
Keldeo
Mega mawile
Kyurem Black Icium Z
Sub Magnezone
Choice band Hoopa U
Volconian

You may vote for up to 2 nominations other then your own. Voting will end sometime during the week depending on my or curiosities availability.

Thank you everyone for voting! This week's winner is Egor with their Psychium Volcarona! Before I continue, I'd like to remind everyone that you're able to submit cores in addition to single mons, so keep that in mind when participating.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 76 HP / 248 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Heatran @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 88 HP / 164 Def / 32 SpA / 8 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Defog

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

I built this team around CB Bulu and Heatran, which is one of my favourite cores to use in this meta. Bulu is able to pressure many of Heatran's common checks, including Tyranitar, Rotom-W and Hydreigon, which Firium variants can't really pressure without Toxic and Taunt, while Heatran is able to break through annoying steels such as Scizor and Celesteela for Bulu. Heatran also serves as this team's stealth rocker, which is especially nice versus bulkier builds since you can reliably get them up because of the sheer number of switches you force. Tornadus serves as the dedicated Kartana answer which is an absolute necessity to use alongside Bulu. Tornadus also provided this team with an improved stall matchup, whilst also providing crucial hazard control, as this team is incredibly weak to spikes. I opted for Taunt + Knock Off on Tornadus, specifically to cripple Celesteela, which is important considering that it invalidates a large number of mons on this team and also made breaking it with Bulu and Alakazam considerably easier. I added AV Magearna here, as it helped improve this team's shaky matchups versus the likes of Tapu Lele, Alakazam and Ash Greninja, whilst also providing the team with valuable momentum support. I opted to go with Mega Alakazam, as it greatly appreciates Heatran, Tornadus and Bulu's ability to pressure bulkier grasses and bulkier darks such as Mega Sableye and Assault Vest Tyranitar. I opted to run Calm Mind over Shadow Ball here, simply because it vastly improves this team's matchup versus Chansey and serves as an interesting wincon versus balance. Finally, Landorus serves as the team's glue, providing this team with a volt switch immunity, whilst also providing valuable speed control and completing the volt-turn core with Magearna. With the suggestions of TPP, I opted to run Toxic over Punishment to punish primarily Mega Latias, but also pressures the likes of Zapdos, Tangrowth and Rotom-Wash for the rest of the team.

I don't know whether CoC will be avaliable when this week's submission period ends, but if he isn't, submission period ends on Monday the 18th. Happy Posting!

Last edited:

Greninja @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Low Kick
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Physically based Greninja can threaten the whole team with its coverage moves: Low Kick for Heatran and Magearna, Gunk Shot for Tapu Bulu, and Ice Beam for Tornadus-T and Landorus-T. Although Low Kick does not do much to Magearna, Greninja can take advantage of Magearna switching in and set up Spikes, which will generally force Defog. You can also take advantage of Tornadus-T coming in to Defog, like setting up with Magearna, forcing them to choose between Defogging or preventing you from setting up.
The only threat is Mega Alakazam checking it offensively, but it will have to click Psychic after Greninja has used Low Kick/Gunk Shot or risk Focus Blast when Greninja is still a Water / Dark type.

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Bug Buzz

Pretty sure this comes in after something dies or on Magearna/non-SE locked Tapu Bulu and proceeds to win the game if played properly and accurate enough (doesn't even need to be overly accurate considering it can claim a kill with Z-Fire if it does not connect with Heatran). Anyway, it's faster than the entire team at +1, there is no priority to take advantage of it, and this coverage does the trick well enough.

Reserving Kyurem

Kyurem @ Metronome
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Roost

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
WIP

Last edited:

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Roost

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Fire Punch / Trick / Ice Punch
ZardX can weaken Lando & other mons early-game in order to open the way to sweep for itself. Later, Rachi can heal ZardX via HWish for a late-game sweep.

Last edited:

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Atk / 60 Def / 124 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost
- Swords Dance

M.Scizor is super nice vs this team since its best check is Heatran, and M.Scizor itself can smack it with Superpower on the switch in, then proceed to safely set up on 3 out the 6 mons of the team and pretty much sweep. Since Heatran has no recovery, once its hit with Superpower, after a round of rocks damage, +2 Bullet Punch can it off most of the time, as it does 99.7 with min rolls with only Grassy terrain getting in the way, Although you can wait more patiently for Rocks damage to build up. After that nothing on the team can 2hko Scizor without boost, allowing M.Scizor to set up on Tapu Bulu, Magearna or LandoT, with the only fear after being confusion from Hurricane or crits after that.
Since I'm not sure if you're allowed to assume the team Scizors on it well built or not, gonna add AV Ttar just incase, as this allows it to get confirmed ship on Heatran with pursuit instead of asuming the team has rocks. Also helps act as a switch in, so you don't have to assume Scizors team has a Heatran switch-in and is nice vs Torn. If you can assume the team has rocks and a decent Heatran switch in, then ignore this!

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Stocktake at works over so I'm back. pleased with the nominations so far. Gonna set up voting sometime tommorow or wednesday so if you haven't nominated do so now

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (Adamant, if you are a man)
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Toxic / Knock Off

How the hell do you defend against this thing? lol

Magearna @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

I've been liking this Magearna set alot, and it goes ham vs this squad, with the exception of AV magearna (can do a solid amount if you snatch CM boosts). The Heatran set is Spdef tran but with speed for defensive Zapdos. Toxic pressures Lando and Zam, and Earthpower can cripple opposing Tran. Plume can dish out burns and roast Bulu. Rocks are rocks and Torn doesnt like them, pressuring them to defog, giving Magearna a free switch.

Finchinator's Volcarona and Slave of Passion's Mamoswine gets my votes. Volcarona sweeps this team back provided everything has taken at least a little bit of chip (and that you don't accidentally use Inferno Overdrive on Heatran), and Mamoswine has the infamous ice-ground STAB to wreak havoc (also provided that you don't get played yourself)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)