Project Ultra SM Break This Team - WK 48 SKEs tail glow manaphy Rain (Voting)

Victini @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Celebrate
- Stored Power
- Searing Shot
- Focus Blast

Very threatening mid-late game sweeper against this team.
thought of this mon exactly not a single mon on the team can ohko after a boost, not even garchomp. however i was thinking about maybe modest and substitute over focus blast

thought of this mon exactly not a single mon on the team can ohko after a boost, not even garchomp. however i was thinking about maybe modest and substitute over focus blast
It might work for this team, but in general you want to be able to outspeed base 100 scarfs and you generally want Focus Blast for Tyranitar, Heatran, and Greninja

What constitutes a core? Can I pick any two (viable) Pokemon?

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Mew @ leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 80 HP / 244 SpD / 184 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Wil-o-wisp
- Defog
- Softboiled

Avalugg walls Mawile and Kartana, and chips them with rocky helmet. Earthquake hits Mawile in case rocky helmet gets knocked off. Avalanche OHKOs Garchomp, and hits Kartana for a modicum of damage. If at sturdy, Avalugg can take a +2 Continental Crush. It also has a chance to survive it if at ~92% or more. It can also spin away rocks, but be wary of rough skin putting you in range of +2 CC.

Mew can burn Garchomp, eating the matchup with Avalugg (or checking Garchomp itself). It can take hits from Rotom, Magearna, and Torn quite well (even knock off in Torn's case). Mew can also remove Garchomp's rocks with defog. You can also stay in on Mawile to burn it, but the same can't be said for Kartana.

VCrakeV A core must not only contain 2 viable pokemon they must also synergise. Mew and and Avalugg are sometimes used by stall so I'll allow it this time :). Your explanation was good

Time for nominating is over. Time for Voting has began. Thank you everyone who has participated. Good solid Nominations all round

Nominations:
Volcarona
Charizard X
Mega Camerupt + Tapu Bulu
Celeesta + Mega Venusuar
Victini
Heatran + Tangrowth
Avalugg + Mew

You may vote for up to 2 Nominations other then your own. Explanations are appreciated but not mandatory. Voting will end sometime sometime after the weekend

Massive apologies for the late post. I've been dealing IRL stuff so I've completely forgetton so lets get this rolling now. Congradulations to Jordy for claiming the title this week and if my memory serves me correctly you should be in the hall of Fame now with 3 nominations. I'll definatly need to confirm during the week.

Vote tally:
Volcarona - 3
Charizard X - 2
Mega Camerupt + Tapu Bulu
Celeesta + Mega Venusuar - 1
Victini
Heatran + Tangrowth - 1
Avalugg + Mew

This weeks team is Stolen from the RMT showcase here. Known as celestial Alignment and by Charmflash its a semi stall that does rather well in the current meta game and features a nice answer to anti-stall Sweepers in Scarfed ditto

Sets:

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 204 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Baneful Bunker

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 188 SpD / 24 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 1 Spe
- Transform

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Roost

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 7 Spe
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Explanation:
Built to catch as much of the meta as possible the team sets about absorbing hits while forcing switchs and chipping away with hazards. To this end Gliscor and Ferrothorn Set up hazards and generally just annoy the oppenents with Knock off and leech seed. Toxapex checks set up sweepers and spreads burns while Celesteela deals the majority fairies not carrying a Z-move. Mega Latias is the real star Compressing multiple roles dealing with the likes of Zards, Mega Medi and Most manaphies. a pokemon that would otherwise ruin this team. Ditto likewise serves a revenge killer against pokemon that either set up to much or your remaining 5 cant deal with in any other fashion. Other notable features Include 3 protect users to scout the oppenents and accrue Leech seed/Burn Damage while helping to keep control over the games flow.

I've done the best I can for further info look at the link above as the original post offers far better explanations for the team which I will say is exceptionally well Constructed.

Good luck this week. You may nominate 1 pokemon or a core of 2 that break this team. Please take ditto and the 3 protect mons into account when doing do because if your mon is easily beaten by Ditto your nomination will be rejected.

Goodluck Nominations will end sometime next week.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Reuniclus @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Recover

Reuni is an insane threat to this team because not only does it have the ability to easily set up on any member of the team and run through the squad with the combination of its bulk and Calm Mind, but there's also no threat of being reverse swept, as Ditto has much less HP than Reuniclus, so you easily win the 1v1. The main key to beating this team with Reuni is making sure that its creep is fast enough to outspeed Toxapex so that you don't get hazed before attacking.

Last edited:

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:bw/kyurem-black: :bw/scizor:
Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 128 Atk / 168 SpA / 212 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off

Kyurem-B fucks over 5/6 of the team, as Ice/Electric/Fire coverage means something is getting hurt. The mon it will have trouble with the most though is Ditto, which could leave it in range of attacks of any member of the team. Scizor attempts to fix this issue by “improofing” Ditto, though it just watch for HP Fire on switch-in. Scizor also carries Knock Off to cripple Cele and Pex, making Kyurem’s breaking job easier overall, and both carry Roost, meaning they can keep up with the long game the team aims to play.

Last edited:
Life Orb 3 attacks Clefable

EDIT:

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Life Orb Clefable is a generally very underappreciated set that can match well into the currently very popular balanced / stall-ish teams and my team is no exception. Gliscor can switch into Life Orb Moonblast and attempt to Knock Off Clefable's Life Orb making it much more manageable, however, the BoltBeam version is a real bummer. Flamethrower over Focus Blast allows you to reliably hit Ferrothorn/Celesteela and enables Clefable to cook Mega-Mawile on command, a Pokemon who would otherwise pray on it.

Last edited:
Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Protect

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Spite
- Recover
- Block

Pyukumuku can trap and pp stall pretty much any member on the team, though Ferrothorn threatens it with Power Whip. That said, Sableye easily walls Ferrothorn, and denies it from setting up spikes. What makes this core work so well together is that Pyukumuku can trap and pp stall hazers like Toxapex, allowing Sableye to set up and sweep. Pyukumuku can also trap and quickly pp stall ditto. Sableye can also use protect to scout and see what move ditto locks itself into. Ditto (after transforming into a boosted Sableye) cannot both wear Sableye down and heal up, meaning Sableye (the real one lol) wins in the end.

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 32 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Taunt / Roost / Defog

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Between CelePex and and Ditto (Imposter doesn't copy Unburden boosts), this team stands out as being very weak to KokoLucha cores, especially if Koko runs Taunt to shut down the three Protect users. Note that Koko's set doesn't really matter here; any set with HP Ice to weaken or remove Gliscor and a pivoting move to bring in Lucha will do.

Mega Latias is the one 'Mon on the team that could prove to be an issue, but it takes a big enough chunk from a +2 Acrobatics that it needs to stay at full health at all costs; if hazards, Toxic or Pursuit are added to the equation, Lucha's laughing.

+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Latias-Mega: 264-312 (72.7 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(... How come we don't call KokoLucha "ChickenHawk"?)

Last edited:
Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

A stall team with ditto instead of an unaware mon has a big gaping hole shaped like various substitute setup sweepers, and blace here is no exception. The team also has zero ghost resists with two pokemon that get annihilated by fire STAB, as even ditto isn't retaining its normal type long enough to use it defensively. The only real hurdle is pex, but even that gets OHKO'd after fairly minimal chip by +1 never ending nightmare, assuming max special attack. You will still need a sturdy ghost resist in case said pex breaks your substitute and brings in ditto, like, tyranitar, which can also pursuit trap said ditto for an even cleaner sweep.

Last edited:
Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

There isn't any switch ins for this pokemon on the team , you would have to play around the protects and letting dito turn into medi with scarf could be scary depending on the other 5 mons on your team but other than the it pretty hard to lose with medi versus this team as nothing takes two hits from medi. you could also run protect over fake out for dito (so you know what move it is locking its self into) and adamant nature as jolly is not needed to out speed anything on the team.

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 20 HP / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

No free switch in vs this underrated monster, especially gliscor is knock off, pex is baneful bunker.

Time for nominations is over its time to vote. Apoligies for the delay. I typed this up early in the week but forget to actually press the post reply button but now im here again so here's take 2.

Nominations
Reuniclus
Kyurem-Black + Mega Scizor
Life Orb Clefable
Mega Sableye + Pyukumuku
Tapu Koko + Hawlucha
Blacephalon
Mega Medicham
Mega Garchomp

Voting will end sometime next-week once I've decided on the new team. Any ideas are appreciate so PM me. You may vote for up to 2 Nominations excluding your own. Goodluck and have fun. Once again my apoligizes for the delay. This time I can assure you I pressed reply

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)