Project Ultra SM Break This Team - WK 48 SKEs tail glow manaphy Rain (Voting)

Hello all! Creator of Chaos has asked me to close the week, so here I am. But before all that, I'd like to apologise to sd bulu for not crediting you. We were unaware that you had a forums account, that's our bad. Unsurprisingly, this week's winner is Volcarona by Givrix ! Whatever coc does will happen eventually.

Moonage Daydream - David Bowie
:blobnom: (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Acid Armor
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Recover

blobtect (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

:blobpex: (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

blobishot (Heatran) @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

blobtean (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

blobmentum (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]

As expected, I have delivered yet another reuniclus team. This week's team comes right out of the depths of my own builder, focusing on the combination of Reuniclus and entry hazards support - particularly both forms of spikes. Reuniclus not only gives the team a very solid wincon versus the likes of offence, but it also provides the team with a comfortable check to notable breakers, including Mega Medicham, Mega Latios and Zygarde and use quite a notable list of 'mons as setup fodder, including the aforementioned, Clefable, Gastrodon and Celesteela. Speaking of Celesteela, it provides this team with an effective check to common breakers, including Alakazam, Gliscor, Tapu Bulu and Tornadus, while providing a ground immunity and an excellent matchup versus offence, thanks to its ability to simply strip momentum versus the aforementioned, in addition to common offence staples. Toxapex gives this team the key toxic spikes, as well an effective check to breakers that would otherwise threaten this core, including Greninja, Mawile and Tornadus. Pex, in conjunction with Reuniclus, also serve as the last resort versus stall thanks to the ability to infinitely switch, forcing the opponent to take residual hazard damage. Heatran acts as the team's primary (and only) stallbreaker, allowing the team to break past both Toxapex and Chansey, allowing the team to reliably break past bulkier builds, while also providing the team with Stealth Rock support. Greninja added spikes, gave the team priority and an excellent matchup to both offence and balance, while also serving as the team's primary check to stuff like Hawlucha and Tapu Koko. It also highly appreciates Heatran's ability to remove its most prominent checks. Finally, Landorus simultaneously acts as the primary form of speed control and hazard control, on top of providing the team with a key volt switch immunity and a blanket check to many threatening breakers, such as Mawile and Zygarde.

Apparently CoC doesn't set deadlines so you don't have one! Happy Posting and to everyone who participates in my projects, they will be updated very shortly! Temporary New Rule:
You must like this post in order to participate. Sue Me.

Hydreigon @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 244 SpA / 32 SpD / 232 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Roost​

Hydreigon has been a rising force in the OU metagame since OLT, and has a very good matchup against this team. Reuniclus, Ash-Greninja, Heatran, and Toxapex can't really punish Hydreigon switching in. Celesteela and Landorus-T can't switch into Hydreigon very well either. All in all, this team creates way too many free turns for Hydreigon which allows it to break the team very effectively.​

Last edited:
Mega Pinsir + Magnezone
5CC6FA04-2F7F-4208-A99F-0842195C57F9.png
DEBCBB4A-E951-4992-A090-DDE01837E887.png

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Mega Pinsir could absolutely shred this team apart if it weren’t for Celesteela. Magnezone traps this thankfully, leaving the team with no reliable way to check it thanks to Lando not knowing Rock Slide and Greninja dying to +2 Quick Attack.

Last edited:

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
Marowak-A + Magearna

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Bonemerang

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
IVs: 0 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
Under TR this core is able to threaten all team members. Marowak-A beats Reuni, Cele, and Heatran, while Gear sets TR up and beats Pex, Ash-Gren and Lando. Successful TR setup is the most important thing for Maro-A+Gear core to break this Reuni team. The biggest threat for both members of the core is Lando, as it easily fucks beats them without TR being setted. Ash-Gren is also can be threatening outside of TR, and for Maro-A even under, though Gear can beat Ash-Gren outside of TR.

Reuni is OHKOed by Maro-A's Shadow Bone. Cele is OHKOed by Flare Blitz from the same mon. Heatran is OHKOed by Maro-A's Bonemerang. Lando is OHKOed by Gear's Ice Beam. Ash-Gren is OHKOed by Tbolt from Gear. Pex is OHKOed by combination of Z-Tbolt and regular Tbolt or by +2 Maro-A's Bonemerang.

Gear's Soul-Heart allows it to quickly snowball SpA boosts, and with each KO Gear'll be harder to stop for Reuni's team.

Last edited:

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 104 HP / 12 Def / 176 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Roost

Koko outspeeds the whole team save Lando (or post-bond Ash Gren) and can either just chunk with Thunderbolt or Volt Switch out to whatever wallbreaker you wanna pair it with. Lando-T switches into electric moves, but Koko can opt to stay in and hit it with HP Ice while living the Earthquake with room to spare -- assuming Lando doesn't play safe and go for U-Turn. Roost lets Tapu Koko stay healthy on the switches it forces vs. Celesteela and Toxapex, preventing the team from simply wearing it down with Spikes, Leech Seed, etc.

148 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 104 HP / 12 Def Shuca Berry Tapu Koko: 186-220 (60.5 - 71.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
176 SpA Tapu Koko Hidden Power Ice vs. 80 HP / 0- SpD Landorus-Therian: 268-316 (79 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The only thing it won't do is stop Reuniclus from setting up, which is why your breaker of choice should be able to get around it. Something like choiced Hoopa-U, band Crawdaunt, Ash Gren, Mega Gyarados, Buginium Volcarona...

Last edited:
Apoligiges for the lack presence on my behalf. I've literally just had a work week from hell (9 straight days and I have 6 more to go) and Family issues on top to boot. But I'm here right now so I've updated the hall of fame/archive. Congrats to Flame of Heaven gaining another Archive entry. In addition Congradulations to Mega Star Universe, DKM and Givrex to entering the archive. Thanks for all your contributions to this project.

Total Archive Tally
5 -
4 - Akumeoy, Indigo Plateau
3 -
2 - DK, Flame from Heaven
1 - AM, Aragorn the King, Martin, Volcanoheadproduction(yt), LL, Curiosity, Counting Sheep, MultiAmmiratore, mellowyellowhd, , pooyou123456789q, Creator of Chaos, Riddikulusness, Scarf Nihilego, Expert_Occultist, Vertex, Ramses, ThiccTornadus, Poison Adhesive, Mega Star Universe, DKM, Givrix

Anyway Thank you sd bulu for creating the team. Apologises for not crediting you at the time I'll edit the original post to ensure you get the credit you deserve, Its a good team so keep at it. In addition congrats to Givrix for breaking said team with Volcarona. Keep up the solid entries.

Good luck to the rest of you for this week

Givrix

Mad Dog
is a Top Tiering Contributor
I did not have any good idea for this week besides crappy things, but since I've seen the Creator of Chaos's despair, I had to participate :blobtriumph:
behold the almighty:

Blob Breaker (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Magician
EVs: 168 HP / 72 SpA / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Snatch
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock

Blob Breaker (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Knock off
- Fire Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Like all dark types, Hoopa-Unbound is fully immune to the actual Reuniclus set. Given that the team has no decent switch in to powerful dark moves, Hoopa-Unbound can easily break this team. Knock off is here just in case you need to preserve the PPs of Fury, it's also a powerful dark type attack that can 2hko almost every Pokémon of the team (and removing items is always cool).

mega_swampert_sprite__updated__by_mike39201-d7lfj91.png
pelipper.png

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Power-Up Punch

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Roost

Mega-Swampert under rain can 2HKO everything at worst. The only thing that can deal with it is Acid Armor Reuniclus, but that can’t safely switch into a rain boosted Waterfall, and is easily taken advantage of if running a dark.

252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela in Rain: 195-229 (49.1 - 57.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja-Ash: 276-325 (96.8 - 114%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran in Rain: 458-540 (141.7 - 167.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Toxapex: 278-330 (91.4 - 108.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Waterfall vs. 240 HP / 212+ Def Reuniclus in Rain: 217-256 (51.5 - 60.8%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Waterfall vs. 80 HP / 84 Def Landorus-Therian in Rain: 320-378 (94.3 - 111.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Zeraora and Tapu Fini. (I literally had to type the sets out myself because Showdown refused to connect)
Zeraora @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power Ice

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Defog / Moonbladt

Zeraora has enough coverage to hit the team for super effective damage, and Fini fits well as a decent check to Ash Greninja and Lando, as well as being able to Taunt Pex, Reuni and Cele, and weaken them with Nature's Madness.

0 SpA Life Orb Zeraora Hidden Power Ice vs. 80 HP / 0- SpD Landorus-Therian: 307-364 (90.5 - 107.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Toxapex: 265-315 (87.1 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Black Sludge recovery

252 Atk Life Orb Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 307-367 (77.3 - 92.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Life Orb Zeraora Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Reuniclus: 224-265 (52.8 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Zeraora Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 294-346 (91 - 107.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Tbh u can switch for +Atk on Zera for guarantee knock out for every mon after rocks, but being slower than AshG sucks

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off / Smart Strike
- Swords Dance

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Terrain
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Neither Celesteela nor Heatran appreciate this core's access to Fighting coverage and Nature's Madness, making them more easily overpowered than you'd think; afterwards, Grass spam runs wild against this team. Kart breaks through Reun, Pex and Lando even without a boost and AV Bulu is a solid counter to Ash-Gren.

+2 252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 203-239 (51.1 - 60.2%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock)
+2 252 Atk Kartana All-Out Pummeling (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 393-463 (98.9 - 116.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery (guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock)

252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 240-284 (74.3 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
+2 252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 480-566 (148.6 - 175.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
60+ Atk Tapu Bulu Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 238-282 (73.6 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 240 HP / 212+ Def Reuniclus in Grassy Terrain: 256-303 (60.8 - 71.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Toxapex in Grassy Terrain: 198-234 (65.1 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
-1 252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 80 HP / 84 Def Landorus-Therian in Grassy Terrain: 187-222 (55.1 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

it pressures every balance team since it has no switch ins, this team needs to chip it and revenge it with ash gren, but before that happens it can kill atleast 2 pokemon

Horray You guys have answered my calls. Thanks guys, I appreaciate it. Fairies wont be entering anyones nightmares tonight. I'll be setting voting Tommorow so last chance to nominate.

I'm also accepting ideas for teams to be broken next week if anyones got ideas there.

Very close vote but ultimatly the winner goes to Givrix for the Nomination of Hoopa-unbound A truely deadly threat to this team that does almost 6-0s and is further proof of how difficult it is to cover all threats. The Archive will be updated soon

Vote Tally

This weeks team is Blacephon Hyper Offence as suggested by pooyou123456789q earlier in the week and borrowed from the sample teams threads. Tho not as solid as it was in early Sumo Hyper offence is still an Archtype to be feared and this team featuring multiple focus sash users and a sub calm mind Blacephon is a great example

Sets
Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Rapid Spin

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpA / 28 SpD / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Shift Gear

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes

Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
EVs: 216 HP / 20 SpA / 20 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Zygarde @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 64 HP / 248 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Explanation:
The idea of the team is to lay out hazards via Excadrill and Greninja before sweeping via one of the teams many win coniditions. Blacephon is the primary win Con built to capatilise on the switch's its cause's through Ghostium and Substitute or win with Calm mind against slower teams. Flash cannon Shift gear Magerna another Win Condition capatilise's on the fairy dominated meta by using Flash cannon over moonblast or Fluer cannon. Zygarde a difficult pokemon to face without clefable makes an appearance with Iapapa Sub coil set that takes advantage of some of metas more bulky attackers. Mega Gyarados rounds out the team offering great utuility against stall as well as being able to clean teams after a dragon Dance

Thats the team. I wish you all good-luck this week breaking the team. Happy nominations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)