Online Competition ~Ultra Spooky Cup~ :ghost: | Shiny Mimikyu as entry gift!

What about nihilego? I’ve too choose the last pokemon between:
- volcarona
- nihilego
- Xurkitree

Nihilego to check volcarona (now I use gliscor or toxapex)
Xurti to check golisopod

What about nihilego? I’ve too choose the last pokemon between:
- volcarona
- nihilego
- Xurkitree

Nihilego to check volcarona (now I use gliscor or toxapex)
Xurti to check golisopod
I’m not sure what’s on the rest of your team, but if you already have toxapex on your team, I think that should be good enough to deal with golisopod, so I would say add Nihilego.

I’m not sure what’s on the rest of your team, but if you already have toxapex on your team, I think that should be good enough to deal with golisopod, so I would say add Nihilego.
Here my team:

Marshadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Sneak

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 36 Atk / 228 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Here my team:

Marshadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Sneak

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 36 Atk / 228 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect
I think rock slide on Gliscor should probably be enough to deal with most Volcarona in this format. I would say to add Xurkitree or something else that can switch in on electric types decently well.

I think rock slide on Gliscor should probably be enough to deal with most Volcarona in this format. I would say to add Xurkitree or something else that can switch in on electric types decently well.
Ok! Thanks! What about this set?

Xurkitree @ Electrium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hey guys could you please give me concrete Numbers for EV spreads on Gliscor?

I use atm Jolly, 252 on atk/spe and 4 on def with Facade, Earthquake, Swords dance and protect. It's fast and deadly but a bit frail. I really need a spread which still outspeeds relevant things but also have bulk and it shouldn't be too defensive. Please help me I want to breed for it :/

I would not be sleeping on A:Muk. This thing is able to check a lot of the threats in the format. You can run it a couple ways: Assault Vest, Offensive, or with a pinch berry + Gluttony. Seriously. It beats, Rotoms, Darkrai, Volcarona, etc. It even gets shadow sneak. It's immune to toxic and only has one weakness!

Hey guys could you please give me concrete Numbers for EV spreads on Gliscor?

I use atm Jolly, 252 on atk/spe and 4 on def with Facade, Earthquake, Swords dance and protect. It's fast and deadly but a bit frail. I really need a spread which still outspeeds relevant things but also have bulk and it shouldn't be too defensive. Please help me I want to breed for it :/
Someone earlier mentioned just 164 SPE to outrun timid xurk. You can add more to out speed Rotom, but I don't see a point in doing that, since Rotom-w can just hp ice/Hydro pump.
As far as SPD, if you're running the SPE of 164, you can split the rest of EVS into HP/SPD. It gives you a great chance of surviving +1 Volcarona's fire blast. Then you can OHKO with rock slide if Volcarona's sash is broken.
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 172 HP / 172 SpD Gliscor: 148-175 (86 - 101.7%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Poison Heal

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
FInished the first day 11-4. got crit in the first loss, specs rotom-w swept me in the second, darkrai got the perfect sequence of turns in the third (hit hypnosis > get off nasty plot while nihilego stays asleep > crits +2 dark pulse to OHKO so no chance to wake up on turn 3 of sleep > hits focus blast vs bewear to OHKO), lost a gg to lead gigalith, pex, dark z darkrai in the 4th. hoping to bounce back tomorrow, really should have been 12-3 (or possibly 13-2 if Darkrai got unlucky). It's also really not economical to play this early in the comp, all my opponents bar 2 were below me so I earned no points for wins and lost a lot for losses... I don't think I'm even 1600 despite having +7 wins.

Still had a lot of fun with Eevee + Bewear! You can check out today's games below and follow my twitch for day 2+3!

The crazy s**t I am seeing... toxic sub stall Umbreon, endevour Marshadow, taunt Mimikyu, a goddamn Guzzlord... quiet a few surprises that I wasn’t expecting, which led to some tense and nervous battles. Nothing I couldn’t handle though ;)

Someone had a Noctowl and I got so excited to kill it, and then they didn’t choose it :’(

chemcoop

Here is something to believe in!
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
13-2 for Day 1, overall pretty happy with how I played and how the team's performing. First loss I made the bonehead play of not subbing on Pex with Darkrai and ended up losing my Pex breaker to toxic stall so that L was definitely on me. Second loss was against a 1647 Japanese opp in my final game, I called their 3 but ended up losing my Golisopod a.k.a. EZ Krook killer to lead Specs Nihilego and that put me too far behind to win.
Currently sitting at 1643/44 so I'm still in a competitive position but I definitely need to avoid losses like that if I'm going to go for high placement.

8/2 for day 1, with a plan to do 20 battles in day 2. Right around 1590, estimating from my last amount before my victory in my 10th battle.
Made a bad call on one match and Roosted instead of EQ with Gliscor on a switch to an HP Ice Scarfed Chandelure, so that ate me alive. The other loss was a lot of hax, but some bad plays on my part. Thoroughly enjoying this competition so far, though. Hoping to place at least in the high 1600's when all is said and done, though we'll definitely see what happens.

Well day 1 of my ultra spooky cup ladder grind, I went 12-3. My first loss was cuz of the internet making me dc when I was in such a winning position ;-;, the second one was due to a big flex play my opponent made to get herself back into the game sding with mimikyu a second time as I double out gigalith into krookodile to bait out the z move and the third loss involved some lame hax as scarf stone edge missed on lead crobat which could've in the long run would've let me win with mimikyu since I am a bulky set up one with taunt to 1v1 pex easier (maybe I should've went for a knock off instead so mini choke on my part). Overall my team had a lot of success and I wished that more of the opponents I fought were higher ranked so I could get higher (I think that im around the 1610s now cuz of the last game)

I had a fun first day. I think I played 12 games, went 10-2, ending somewhere in the low to mid 1600s. I'm pretty happy with that, considering the few tests I did with variations of the team were all right but nothing spectacular, and because I made an eleventh hour decision to swap Ditto for Gliscor. I'm guessing at this point most of the players just in it to get 3 games for shiny mimikyu are done. :P

One of the games I lost was largely hax, lead got ko'd turn 1 by scarf hydreigon draco crit, which later flinched Marshadow with dark pulse to secure their win. The other I misplayed and let Volc get a second quiver off while guillotine missed :P Probably should've switched there.

Had a couple wins I liked, including one where Granbull lived a Marshadow's spectral thief with 1 hp while I z-heal belled and then took Marshadow out with a play rough. Granbull is the one new thing I managed to eke out time to breed, so I'm glad it's put in some work.

One of the things I am enjoying about my team for this competition so far is that I really seem to be using all of the mons, whereas in the battle spot special seasons I usually found myself using the same 3 mons 80% of the time. Looking forward to the next couple of days :)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/327853355

went 10-5 today, ended around 1640 for 21-9 overall. started off losing 3 in a row, got unlucky, couldn't do anything against a minimize muk, and then misclicked return instead of EQ against a nihilego in a 1v1 situation... had a couple losses later in the session but the 10 wins were good i guess. hopefully i can earn another 70 points tomorrow and finish around 1710.

brought lead nihilego > marsh > mimi a lot and they feel really good as a 3. setting up rocks has been invaluable

Last edited:
Hi, I started with competitive Pokemon (and Pokemon in general) last year (but only the online tournaments). The forum threads here gave me a lot of inspirations for breeding my teams.

So I just want to say thank you all for this! It really helped me to understand how specific things work in Pokemon.

In the current tournament I got really lucky on day 1 and finished with 13:2. On day 2 I struggled a bit more and finished with 9:6. I'm curious how day 3 works out for me.

Kind of glad I haven't taken this competition too seriously. My team isn't the greatest, but I've had an inordinate amount of bad luck so far. My opponent getting crits several turns in a row, ohko moves working on the first turn, confusion damage...

Been stuck around 1480-1500 all weekend.

Peaked at 1607 today, then probably dropped 50 points after a few losses. I find it hard getting in the 1600s, but that's going to be my goal anyway.

My proudest moment was beating a Japanese(?) trainer with 1773 points. I was not sure why they put me against him as I had only 1566 or so, so I was really anxious.

Here's the video: K3XG-WWWW-WWWU-UN8L

14W - 1L, clocked at 1678 for now— lots of 1500 ~ 1600 players out there today so that made ranking up slow.
I've been rocking Kasib Berry Marshadow and I gotta say that it has netted me a heafty amount of wins, glad I made this last minute choice.

Today was my first day playing; I managed to break 1600 with only one L. Not sure I'll be able to finish my games since I have an interview on Monday. Sub-Protect Gliscor was the mvp of a lot of my games. Only mon I kinda regret using was Xurkitree; who never really did anything in Showdown testing, but I went with it anyways since I didn't have enough time to breed the replacement mon I brainstormed last minute.

A few notes:
- I noticed Swagger Marshadow used by some of my higher opponents
- Ran into Air Balloon Nihilego with SR, Substitute, Power Gem, and HP Ice for moves. It was also partnered with a Swagger Marshadow, so it was pretty nasty.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Today was a mostly great day on the spooky cup climb. I have only lost 3 times again today (could've been 4 but one of my opponents decided to use sd on mimikyu instead of play rough/shadow clawing twice on my golisopod after it ate up the ghostium and snacked on her sitrus berry) but this one loss I took was to a very fun looking but annoying gimmick assist Persian team against a Japanese player named JogasakiRika (heres the replay: 6XQG WWWW WWWU VBYV). This day the main pokemon I wanted to build around, hoopa, gets some spotlight being the perfect balance/stall destroyer. It got to abuse toxapex's passivity and set up to break the gliscor pex core (whats protect stalling to a hyperspace hole?) for the rest of my team to revenge! Not only just that but with my evs it was able to stomach a jellicent hex and take it down! So far im 24-6 and somewhere in the 1700s and hoping to get to the 1800s

Attachments

Last edited:
Well, couldn't find an opponent just now so I think that's a good place to stop for the day at 27 total games played.

Today went much worse than yesterday, running 7W, 6L and 2 DC's, ending at 1631. I'm pretty sure the DC's were on the foes' side. At least, I was still online after the game DC'd. In one case I think the foe rage quit as I was about to win. I think the other was maybe a legit DC, or the foe got pissed off at me trying to stall my way out of my losing position instead of just forfeiting. Overall Granbull continues to be a champ.

Overall I felt like my wins were either decent outplaying the foe with some luck, or against lower rated opponents (e.g., one only brought 3 mons). Losses I felt were generally me misplaying, with one or two instances of bad luck, such as one game where Darkrai flinch + winning a speed tie cost me a game.

One win I particularly liked was outplaying a moody Glalie team. They were better at handling Marshadow than some of the Glalie teams I faced in the last battle spot special season that seemed to not know that spectral thief goes through sub, so it took some more playing around to get into a position in which Marshadow could steal the boosts and secure the win. Vid: N5KW-WWWW-WWWU-VY54

One loss I particularly liked was against a baton pass team that brought the tech. I stupidly let scolipede set up while chipping it thinking "marsh can just steal those," and it wasn't until I got marsh in and went for spectral thief that it occurred to me "wait, what if that's silvally normal in back." I'm sure you can guess what mon was in the back. Won't be letting that happen again. :P

Here's hoping I do better tomorrow!

chemcoop

Here is something to believe in!
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
abysmal day 2, went 11-4 but should have been 13-2 again.

Misplayed in one game vs a slurpuff webs team b/c I expected sash puff and tried to take advantage by getting up rocks with nihilego and then outplaying sash endeavor nonsense with marsh sneak. Unfortunately it just died to Sludge Wave so I let my opp get up webs for no reason and lost due to mimi outspeeding marsh to break sash and then an ungodly bulky Naga living +2 sneak after rocks comfortably and cleaning after getting a SpA boost. DC'd to a 1588 for no reason and then lost the other two games to bad matchup and then losing marsh speed tie in another bad matchup.

Anyways, chilling at 1723, could have gone much better but also could have been much worse lol. Still going to try and run the table day 3 and go for 1850+ finish. wish me luck and gl to all of you guys playing tmrw!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)