Undeafeatable

Undefeatable

This team was made for the lulz
But then i started winning 9/10 matches

First i was thinking about how to make a team that would not be standard, because what ive found is that everyone knows how to counter the majority of pokes, and running pokemon that arent usually seen, win games against excellent teams. I started out with the pokes i wanted to use, Regigigas, Slaking, RegIce. I quickly discovered that only slaking is viable due to his speed changing the norm thats expected of him, i then built a team to cover his weaknesses, and discovered something.

In our current metagame, Your excellent team can win ALOT, but if you want to win every game, you have to have a solid team that also has an element of suprise.Basically, ive found that if you dont have a X-Factor in your team, you can easily lose to RNG such as Iron Head Rachi, Thunder wave etc.
So, without further ado
Undefeatable

My Lead:

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spatk / 252 Spd / 4 Hp
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Explosion

Honestly, Its a great lead, can taunt, come back and explode, Fire blast for coverage and s rock to combo with TS.
Slaking does a huge amount of DMG and SR turns many of his 90% hits that people can abuse due to his nature, into OHKO's that win games. Azelf consitently gets SR up and can come back and help late game with explosion.

My BEAST:

Slaking @ Choice Band
Trait: Truant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Hp
Jolly Nature (+Spd,-SpAtk)
- Return
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Firepunch

My ace in the hole, noone knows how to counter slaking and hes just so good, can come in on practically any non status effect and OHKO with his insane speed and atk... Hes a Beast. His two main counters, Protect and substitute are handled by the rest of my team usually, he uses the element of surprise to dominate his competition.

My Sex Muffin:
Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Seed BomB
- Substitute

SubPunch is standard, and it fit well with this team. Also, people still fail at countering Breloom. breloom needs 1 turn to sweep 2 pokemon, Especially good for ending protect. Breloom is a very effective pokemon that solos games but as i advance higher in the brackets of rating 1300+ i am close to switching him out.

Bulky Elec :

Rotom H @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Hp// 200 Def// 16 Sped// 40 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Discharge
- Will o Wisp

It has good synergy and stops sweeps. Furthermore, Substituting pokemon can get worn down easily by my Discharge>Rest, Takes out gyrados and helps alot with rain dance teams. Its bulky enough to switch in on most physical opponents when i dont feel like sending in the godlike slaking, or the BAMF Mence.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Salamence is a BAMF, provides much needed killing power and sweeping ability, lets face it, he can come in on 90% of attacks, turn around and rape, Especially when people are using protect to dodge slaking, i can predict it and come in with salamence, set up in 1 turn and sweep. He counters substitute as well, coming in off a death easily, and outrageing through the substitute and then the poke behind the sub.

My Little Pony:

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SPDef
Bold Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss

Since much of this set relies around sending slaking in to OHKO something, Blissey fits perfectly by passing around heals to him when needed, Basically, if i KO something with slaking which happens 90% of the time he meets something, then if they send in a special attacker i can send blissey in to wall it up support him and thunder wave stuff. She works well with mence to.
She is built to heal my pokes, break substitutes, add status effects and basically just be support.

Tell me what you think guys, the key to this set is noone knows how to deal with slaking and that breaks all sorts of teams, Baton pass, rain dance, Offensive standard OU teams, once you work around his counters you have yourself a 1350+ team thats very fun to play.

Testing : WisH Rachi

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Impish
240 HP / 160 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spe
-Wish
-U-turn
-Thunder wave/Body slam
-Iron head
Dclaw on Mence, Giga Impact on Slaking

All I think Slaking is doing for you team is denting a Steel type switch, such as Scizor, and letting it set up Swords Dance on your Traunt turn. I really don't know if you can switch out on that turn, but if you can't it's just going to Superpower you for an OHKO with Rocks. I mean, I know that it is a hard hitter, but I don't really know if it's doing anything for you besides being a surprise.

All I think Slaking is doing for you team is denting a Steel type switch, such as Scizor, and letting it set up Swords Dance on your Traunt turn. I really don't know if you can switch out on that turn, but if you can't it's just going to Superpower you for an OHKO with Rocks. I mean, I know that it is a hard hitter, but I don't really know if it's doing anything for you besides being a surprise.
First of all Slaking out-speeds scizor, 1v1 i will always OHKO it if it goes for a swords dance, and yes you can switch out on the truant turn. And when you come back in the counter is reset.
Second of all Return doesnt just *dent* standard scizor, with rocks it will 2HKO and so its not in there best interest to set up on me as a swords dance bullet punch wont 1HKO me.
On a Scizor switch i would switch to rotom if i didnt stay in, Will o Wisp first turn and cripple it.
My rotom is bulky enough that bullet punch does <30% and superpower doesn't affect it, the most likely moves coming my Slakings way. Often however, they underestimate slaking's speed and defense like you have and go for the kill with bullet punch or overpower.
EDIT: Much of the previous convo in this thread was based on format and has been deleted by a moderator, Plz continue discussion on the awesomeness that is slaking :) and suggest improvements rather than just saying "slaking=bad you should go cry your self to sleep :)"

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Your EV's for Breloom are off. The standard set has 252 Atk / 12 HP / 244Spe. So you might want to change that.

Your EV's for Breloom are off. The standard set has 252 Atk / 12 HP / 244Spe. So you might want to change that.
Huh i will, i was considering a 252atk/252hp/4Def Adamant build at one point and i must have gotten caught in the middle.
Any commentary on the rest of the team, Improvements etc?

Pretty solid. team you got there.

I see you lack a good steel type to help with some defense. I suggest a Wish passer jirachi over Blissey.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Impish
-Wish
-U-turn
-Thunder wave/Body slam
-Iron head

This Jirachi had a great amount of physical bulk. It passes its wishes to your teammates especially Slaking(love slaking) since it can repeatedly come in and deal damage. U turn so you won't get trapped by a Magnezone and helps scout. Thunder wave/Body slam lets you spread paralysis like your blissey. This in conjunction with iron head is going to annoy your opponent :).

As for salamence, give it Fire Blast over roost.

Salamence @ Life orb
Naive
232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
-Dragon dance
-EQ
-Outrage
-Fire blast

The main reason for it is because you lack a fire user outside your suicide lead to help with steels(mostly skarmory).

Hope I helped, good luck.

Pretty solid. team you got there.

I see you lack a good steel type to help with some defense. I suggest a Wish passer jirachi over Blissey.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Impish
-Wish
-U-turn
-Thunder wave/Body slam
-Iron head

This Jirachi had a great amount of physical bulk. It passes its wishes to your teammates especially Slaking(love slaking) since it can repeatedly come in and deal damage. U turn so you won't get trapped by a Magnezone and helps scout. Thunder wave/Body slam lets you spread paralysis like your blissey. This in conjunction with iron head is going to annoy your opponent :).

As for salamence, give it Fire Blast over roost.

Salamence @ Life orb
Naive
232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
-Dragon dance
-EQ
-Outrage
-Fire blast

The main reason for it is because you lack a fire user outside your suicide lead to help with steels(mostly skarmory).

Hope I helped, good luck.
Thank you much for actually offering suggestions for improvement, ive gotten like 4 replies not doing that. :)
First of all im definitely going to try wish support rachi, i love rachi and Iron head hax is amazing even though blissey is an amazing special tank trying replacements should be fun.
Secondly, The reason i run roost over fire blast on mence is because i have firepunch on slaking, and EQ on slaking, he normally eats all slow steel types alive, While easily walling 1 move from all fast steel types and return 1HKOing, Ive run mence with fire blast alot before and i just tend to find Outrage and EQ have enough coverage are all affected by DDance, while Fire blast takes away some Atk evs. Plus roost affords a great deal of tech while not making him scared of much due to his dragon secondary typing.

Looks good, but IMO with the EV spread you have on your mence, hes not gonna be able to afford giving up a turn to roost, especially with the LO chipping away at his health every turn. If you invest some in HP to add bulk, I could see it working out for you. Replace roost with Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Dragon Claw I think. If you want a STAB move that wont get you locked in, Dragon Claw is a good choice.

I am as well a fan of slacking in the OU but will recommend that you use Giga Impact because when you recharge from the Giga Impact, your ability will kick in and you get off more damage. One problem with that stratagey, however, is the simple fact that you are unable to switch out when you use Giga Impact. Although the base powers are significantly different, It all goes down to how often you switch with your Slacking.

Looks good, but IMO with the EV spread you have on your mence, hes not gonna be able to afford giving up a turn to roost, especially with the LO chipping away at his health every turn. If you invest some in HP to add bulk, I could see it working out for you. Replace roost with Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Dragon Claw I think. If you want a STAB move that wont get you locked in, Dragon Claw is a good choice.
Testing D Claw on Mence, Giga Impact on Slaking and Wish Rachi, Ty for advice guys and more suggestions are greatly appreciated.

nearly everything is covered above, but all i have to say is that your team is mixape weak (that monkey is one pain in the as*) so if wish Rachi isn't working out for you a Crocune would be a nice replacement, but since you already have a Sleeptalker on your team you could change that to a scarfed rotom or a Specs Jolteon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)