artwork by Bummer
Welcome, Smogon, to the fourth edition of UU Majors! This is the premier edition of an annual UU Circuit Tour where you can test your mettle against the top players in the community. Unlike most elimination tours, where your opponent is a matter of chance, UU Majors ensures that every participant plays a broad swath of the tier's playerbase as you fight your way to the top. We've seen a hard fought Pools stage leave a tough batch of players left for the Playoffs. Who will emerge victorious?
Tour Specific Rules
- This is a standard SM UU tournament.
- Stage 2 of this tournament will be Bo3 series. You may switch teams between games.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown.
- If any changes to the tier occur during a Round, they will not be implemented until the next Round.
- You must be active in scheduling with your opponents. The tournament hosts will be very strict about activity. Please use the VM wall so that your activity attempts are visible, and be as specific as possible when scheduling.
- This tour is single elimination.
- Saving replays is mandatory, in the case of a dispute you must be able to prove that you won your game.
Standard Rules & Clauses
- Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
- Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
- Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play.